Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunlake Mansion Saferoom

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Dunlake Mansion Saferoom

Dunlake Mansion Saferoom

Welcome to the Lounge and general information topic for the RPG Project Dunlake. In here, you will find a comprehensive list of Things You Might Need to Know, a playtest example of the new RPG type “choose your path” (boy, I really need a new name for that... CYP, perhaps?). It will also serve as a place where you can discuss your next actions out of character (or in character if you want to).

Feel free to use it for some non-RPG roleplaying – the Saferoom acts as your... well... save room. Nothing will attack you here, so you can relax and talk among yourselves. This means that if you really must have some character development, here's the place to do it. ^_^

Information on the monsters you will be encountering will be put up in a file in here, as and when you encounter each one.

Of course, the information in the Encyclopaedia is not necessary for you to play the RPG. It's just a list of things that could come in handy, and stuff that I think is interesting. Each section will have a link to the Resident Evil wiki at the end of it, should you want to read up in more detail.

Resident Evil Encyclopaedia

Files: Files are the way you will be receiving key plot points within the RPG, as well as things that will tell you random titbits of information that may or may not be important. You would be advised not to throw away any files or notes – you never know when they might come in handy.

Umbrella Corporation: The company was set up as a front for the development of the Progenitor virus. Umbrella's employees worked on different strains of the virus, performing experiments to create new kinds from Progenitor, leading to the creation of the T-virus, the discovery of the G-virus. Resiwiki entry: here.

Progenitor Virus: A virus found in a special kind of plant, originating in Africa. Research into the virus created various other strains: T-Virus, G-Virus, T-Veronica. The Progenitor is classed as the “mother virus.” Resiwiki entry: here.

T-Virus: Otherwise known as the Tyrant-virus – T-virus is a virulent strain, created with the intention of creating superhuman soldiers, or B.O.W.s (Bio-Organic Weapons). People infected with T become the archytypical zombie – shuffling, necrosis of the skin, no higher brain functions. T is transmitted via bites, touch, injection or ingestion of the virus. Resiwiki entry: here.

G-Virus: A highly advanced strain of Progenitor. A person infected with G will never stop mutating, so fast is the virus' replication rate. They gain ever more drastic mutations when injured, and become more and more hideous in appearance. G is transmitted by the infected implanting a parasitic organism in a host body. The parasitic embryo will grow rapidly (in a space of hours), and spring from the chest of the host, mutating into a fully-grown, adult form. Resiwiki entry: here.

T-Veronica: Created by the Ashford family, Veronica is a strain of Progenitor, as all the others are. Under the correct conditions, an infected person can keep a hold of their mental capacities, and retain full intellectual capabilities. Veronica is only transmitted by direct injection, and it needs a gestation period to allow the body to full adapt (Alexia Ashford calculated this at 15 years, and when she awoke from her sleep, she did indeed retain full mental capacity, even in her later mutated forms). Resiwiki entry: here.

Las Plagas: A parasite used by the Los Illuminados cult, in Spain. Victims of the Plaga become stronger, and able to work together towards a goal. The parasite attaches itself to the central nervous system, and controls the host via a Master Plaga. They have a high adaptability rate, and generally, they have no physical mutation effects on their hosts.
    Resiwiki entry: here.

STARS: The Special Tactics and Rescue Service. An elite special ops team, originally formed by Umbrella Corporation and lead by Albert Wesker, in an effort to combat increasing terrorism and violence. In Resident Evil 1, the STARS teams were deployed to investigate Arklay mountains, during which time Alpha team lost contact with Bravo team, and a series of events led to many deaths – all of which were orchestrated by Captain Albert Wesker, as a way of gathering data on the B.O.W.s.
    STARS was disbanded after calling for an investigation into Umbrella, by the police chief Brian Irons, who was secretly on Umbrella's payroll.
    Nineteen years later, STARS have been reformed in an effort to combat the increasing numbers of kidnappings linked to rumours of B.O.W. Activity.
    Resiwiki entry: here.

CYP Playtest Example

DM Post
    - STARS group, you have found yourselves at a crossroads. There are three corridors – one straight ahead, one to the left and one to the right. Which way do you want to go?

- Survivors group, the door you just opened lead you into a green-decorated room, with a wall of glass on one side. There is blood smeared down one wall, and alarming gashes in the ceiling and floor. What would you like to do?

STARS group post
    You guys would then RP among yourselves, and decide which way you want to go. You can ask the DM for more information about certain paths if you want. When you come to your decision, state it at the end of one post clearly.
    We choose to go straight on.

Survivors group post
    Same goes for you guys, only your choices are not so clear. Those among you with good hearing capabilities may hear something, and anyone with good eyesight may pick up some evidence of whatever creature made those marks. Examine the room as you will, RP among yourselves, then state what you'd like to do at the end of a post, as in the STARS example.
    We would like to examine the blood stains and the gouges. One of us will investigate the glass, and another will check out the rest of the room.

DM post
    - STARS group, you chose to go straight forward. One of you hears a scream from the end of the corridor, and suddenly a huge shape blots out the small amount of light provided by your torches. It is a Tyrant! You may fight it, or leg it back the way you came to choose another corridor.

-Survivors group, the blood is fresh and wet, and the gouges are large, as if made by a wild animal. As you investigate the glass, there is a scratching noise, and then a loud click. One of you must have stood on the sensor pad in the corner, because the ceiling is dropping down, albeit slowly.

As you can see, there are many options. My posts will be as detailed or as sparse as you want them to be.

Urr I think that's all for now. More stuff will be added in here later.
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 28th June 2010 at 11:39 AM.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dunlake Mansion Saferoom

Well seeing as it's started and no one had posted anything, I'll jump on it...

STARS

Okay so, she revealed the hall and the doors (+ staircase), but which way do we want to take (we do have to check if they're unlocked and shit, but further plans would be great)?

Queerly enough, a single, tall table stands next to the staircase, topped with an old-fashioned typewriter. There are a total of three doors in the Main Hall. One to the left, and two to the right, and you can see that the main staircase branches off to the left and right at the top.
    Any ideas?

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

It's a typewriter, save game!!

…lol.

Anyway, being serious (hah!), we should at least take a look at the typewriter, seeing as it's somewhat out of place. (Seriously, why would anyone leave an old-fashioned typewriter out in places they won't be used? That always confuses me…) If there's really nothing to note about it, I suggest trying the single door in the main hall first, because there will probably be a larger room on the other side of it. If it's locked try clockwise around the room until we find an unlocked door.
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, I was thinking of checking out the typewriter too. It's a really kinda weird that it's there, but maybe someone's just trying to mess with us.

Lolz, I wonder who that could be? ¬¬

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Hey survivors! Me and Ben were talking, but didn't decide what to do. Firstly, I think we should scope out our surroundings, try find some items before we move on. Somehow I doubt any clothes would be in here, since there's only cells, but there's no harm in looking.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I agree with Bex. Check out the place for any items (as well as checking out that window) before moving on.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Sounds good. I'm with you guys.

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

STARS peoplez:

I think having one person check the typewriter out is a good idea, and we need to decide where to go from there - door to the left, one of the doors to the right, or one of the branches at the top of the staircase. I feel particularly drawn to the staircase.

I'm back.

Elite Trainer

STARS

First off, I propose we start our posts with a bolded title like I did so it's easy for us to catch each others' posts. Second, if only one of us is checking the typewriter, we should decide which one. Jeremy would probably tell Ven to do it because of her quick reaction and (over-)willingness to shoot if something sprang out.

As we've already mentioned, both Ven and Jeremy would want to move towards the single door next. My suggestion: If Roy posts that David wants to go upstairs, I say we should split up, with David/Evan going upstairs and Jeremy/Ven going through the single door (if possible); more groups means more ground covered. If David doesn't want to go upstairs (or Roy doesn't post his vote) we go through the door(s) downstairs as a group.

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

OK survivors guys (and gal), who'd be out to check out the window? Jason is more inclined to check that out, tho he won't really do it unless he's asked (or pushed).
    Please take it easy~

Advanced Trainer

STARS

Alright, well, I'll check out the typewriter then. Lol if no one minds. I'm up for either plan (door vs staircase), though I'm kinda apprehensive about splitting up, as long as we stay in pairs it should be fine. So we just have to wait to see what Roy says...

How long are we waiting before we just go with it? XD

Elite Trainer

Hay all! I heartily approve of this discussion, this is how you will manage to NOT DIE *goes off, cackling*

One thing that I've just finalised: ammo. Each STARS member chose a gun (and some sexy-ass ones we have, at that *pets Beretta and Taurus*) when you signed up, and of course, each gun can only hold a certain amount of bullets or shells. The number for each gun is the number you will be carrying with you, when you entered the Mansion, plus a set amount of extra clips in your belt-packs. I will be counting how many shots you take when you fight something, and the number will be deducted from your total ammunition. Never fear, you won't be ammo-less (all the time mwahaha), some of the chests contain ammunition as you go through the house. It's always a good idea to pick it up, if you have item space, just in case you need it later on. You never know!

You may ask why you're all only packing one extra magazine of rounds. To which I will answer: ASK CAPCOM. STARS are badass, you therefore do not need more. XD

Okay, so onto the list of the guns! I'll edit this list in to the master post at the beginning of this thread, so I can keep a tab on how many rounds you've all got. Information such as this will be released over the due course of the RPG, such as how fights will occur and whatnot.

David Warner: SIG Sauer P220
    10 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic
    20 Rounds altogether - 10 loaded, one magazine packing

Vanessa Strong: Taurus PT92
    17 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic
    34 Rounds altogether - 17 loaded, one magazine packing

Jeremy Rush: NeoStead 2000
    12 Gauge (6+6), Pump-action Shotgun
    24 Rounds altogether - 12 loaded, 6 in each, one magazine packing

Evan Rossi: Beretta 92FS
    15 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic
    30 Rounds altogether - 15 loaded, one magazine packing

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tears View Post
    STARS

Alright, well, I'll check out the typewriter then. Lol if no one minds. I'm up for either plan (door vs staircase), though I'm kinda apprehensive about splitting up, as long as we stay in pairs it should be fine. So we just have to wait to see what Roy says...

Marcus (my char) will do it, if just to prove himself to the others.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by darktyranitar
    OK survivors guys (and gal), who'd be out to check out the window? Jason is more inclined to check that out, tho he won't really do it unless he's asked (or pushed).
    Lafitte would be glad to check out the window.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tears View Post
    STARS

STARS

Gah I thought this topic was just a lounge topic to talk about the RPG! Shows how little I know!

I am perfectly fine with letting Crystal go on and check out the typewriter.

David can go upstairs which is fine with me.

Elite Trainer

Unbraced, The STARS and the survivors are at different locations within the facility, so there is no interaction between the two groups. Unless you misquoted CT and meant to quote DT, in which case it makes perfect sense.

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

you got me. I won't edit it, so if someone sees this I'll look like the idiot and not you.

And I'm Lazy

Advanced Trainer

STARS

Alright, well we got a solid plan then?

Mike and I take the door if its open, and Roy and Everoy take the staircase? if the door doesn't open we take the stairs with them? Or are we checking all the doors?

I like my first task: check the typewriter. It's simple. :3

Elite Trainer

STARS

I say we wait until we see if the door's unlocked or not. We've already got two actions lined up to go, and only because it's fairly unlikely anything major is going to happen with the typewriter. I say we RP to the typewriter, see what happens, then split up if nothing does and plan from there.

Sie, since you're going at the typewriter, you should post first. If you haven't posted and aren't online by the time I get on later today, I'll get a post out since it's not exactly major decisions right now.

Elite Trainer

IMPORTANT POST, PLX READ

Okay, I figured I'd clarify some shizzles. In the signup topic I said that I'd put the life of anyone who didn't post before me in danger. This is true. What I expect is this:

If you've decided to split up into groups, I want at least one post from each group before I post with the consequences.

If you're doing a single action on your own which will affect what the rest of you do next, I will post after that so you can carry on. BUT you must state that you want to see the consequence of that action before you carry on.

The maximum time I will wait for a post from someone who needs to post is FIVE DAYS. If, after five days, a person has not posted when they should have, they will immediately be subjected to instant and very painful death. Their weapons may not be salvageable, and you may lose important items in the process, so it is in everyone's best interests to not let this happen. (If, in this case, you die and then want back in, you can be a survivor player. Just pm me.)

In the scenario we are seeing now: STARS team, I will post for the typewriter action (tomorrow, it's late now), since you stated that you would wait to find out what happened before splitting off. Then I want a post from each group who splits, after which I will post again, telling you the results.

Survivors: similar jig. Whoever is checking the window needs to post that they are doing so, and I want at least one post scouting the area for useful things before I reply.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Mystic, you can examine the window. You'll do our first post better justice than me.

Elite Trainer

Ok, since the door's locked, we'd need something to smash the window. Could there be anything in the other cells?

Elite Trainer

STARS

Alright, so pretty much as we expected, nothing super-special about the typewriter, but we know that we're probably going to be dealing with this LP2 in the near future. (I'm assuming that we would have knowledge of the LP1 strain.) Still, we're STARS, so we're trained to handle it.

Since Evan is eager to go upstairs and David is alright with splitting with him, we should split up, Ven and Jeremy trying the doors downstairs (starting with the single door) while David and Evan go upstairs. This means that either Sie or I need to post AND either Evory or Roy need to post before we can continue. It would be best if we can ALL post, but if any of you thinks you can't get a good post out then let your partner know.

Soon as I get some sleep I'll start working on mine, so let me know if you've got a post idea, Sie.

Advanced Trainer

STARS

I don't have a plan really, I was going to post just showing interest in the lone door. If you can post before me, by all means go for it.

Should we keep the piece of paper though? I don't see it taking up a lot of space, maybe it'll come in handy? lol.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_clown View Post
    Ok, since the door's locked, we'd need something to smash the window. Could there be anything in the other cells?
    We're barefooted, yeah? If not, we could use a shoe (or two) to break that window open...

I guess Jason could check out for those items, if no one else is up for it
    Please take it easy~

Elite Trainer

I believe all we're wearing are the hospital gowns, so we'll have to find something.

If not we could always try to break the door down.

Elite Trainer

STARS

Yeah, keeping the paper would be a good idea, although if the ink is still wet we might want to let it dry a bit. Of course, the fact that its wet means one of two things: either it was recently typed and someone was just there, or there's something weird going on that the ink takes forever to dry (weird atmosphere, weird ink, etc.).

I'll see what I can type up, but I had a rough time at work last night so I slept extra long to make up for it (I only got up about an hour ago) and I'm still feeling annoyed at what went on (total disorganization…) so I'm not in the best of writing moods either.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

@Ben: Ah, I haven't thought of breaking the door. Guess that could work too.
    Please take it easy~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Alright I will be posting first thing in the morning, unless you have something in mind Evory

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'm good with breaking down the door. We could all slam on it a once.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ok, so what'll it be? Look for those items, or we all break the door down?

I'd go for those items first, 'cause who knows if there's anything behind the door?
    Please take it easy~

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Yeah, let's grad some items first.

Elite Trainer

Ok, let's look around for some items first, and then break the door down/smash the window, depending on what we find.

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Sounds Good! Who wants to post?

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Jason could do the job of scouting for stuff (and announcing the find, of course)

I haven't heard anything from Becki, tho: whaddaya think, Bex?
    Please take it easy~

Elite Trainer

Hay guys, a few things.

1) Notes, Files and information pieces take up none of your item slots. I should have mentioned this before, but it slipped my mind.

2) STARS knowledge before the Mansion is all the stuff I put in the first topic. So yes, you know about Las Plagas, but before the first note, you weren't aware that there was a second, altered strain.

3) Survivors, I will be needing a post from you as soon as you can. Time's a ticking. I understand that you want to check it's all okay with everyone first, but really, there's no need to wait for every single person to talk in here.

Thanks all! Time for me to return to my scheduled port drinking and cake eating and Peep Show watching. <3
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 27th March 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: editing for tardness

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by darktyranitar View Post
    Jason could do the job of scouting for stuff (and announcing the find, of course)

I haven't heard anything from Becki, tho: whaddaya think, Bex?
    If you can look around, I'll make a post about breaking down the door.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

@Unbraced: OK then. Post a-coming...
    Please take it easy~

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Survivors, Dark and I have posted

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer