Thread: *The Wolfstar* .:Final Fantasy:. Lounge

Hybrid View

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: *The Wolfstar* .:Final Fantasy:. Lounge

ARGH SIE, YOUR POST!! D: D: D: *cowers* I don't like this cave any more...

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

The weeping angels doctor who double episodes freaked me out enough as it is without having to now write about it! Meeeeeeeeeep! ><

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

:3 The original Weeping Angels episode was the first time I had ever watched Doctor Who. I thought it was an amazing episode, tehehe...

As if everyone liked the cave in the first place, you couldn't have expected me to throw another Behemoth at us did you?

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

... Oh Rio, I read the line concerning the crystal threesome just as "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake came on... My mind possibly went on a complete tangent that Adair scrubbed out XDDD

... Now it's my turn >w>

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Introducing a new element into FF: DD :

Battles

It was discussed briefly in the council topic, in which three people (including myself), took part. I’m officially testing out a system I designed a while ago (using ASB references) in our boss battle against the ancient crystal bug.

Things to note: The bug is actually much harder then originally intended because I need it to survive the testing phase. So don’t expect a cake walk (as if any boss battle I’ve given you has been one).

The basis is simple; it’s combining the actions you state your character taking and your RPing skill. In ASB you have three actions you can use in a round, this is much like this. The moves are as followed:

Basic:

Attack – Simply attacking with your chosen weapon.
    Defend – Defending yourself from an incoming enemy attack, while you suffer damage, you won’t take nearly as much as you would have otherwise.
    Dodge – using your dexterity to dodge incoming attacks, if you fail to dodge, you may take a critical hit.

The next set has to do with spells and abilities you’ve unlocked or given your character. At the moment all spells and abilities take only one action, but if this works then this might be subject to change. Also, you don’t have a set mana pool at the moment, but bear in mind your character. Sori will be able to use spells more often then Sirius, as Sori is a mage.

Intermediate:

Spells – Using your mana pool, you choose a spell. There are four types of spells. Black, White, Time and Green. They’re pretty self-explanatory. Using a spell takes a moment for you to charge, so unlike attacking or abilities, where the effect is instant, you will have to RP waiting a second or two before the spell appears.

Abilities – Abilities don’t have a charge time, they don’t use mana. They however, have a cool down time. Your character may not be able to use one ability after another, so you’ll be forced on the defense, dodge, use a spell or normal attack. It is easier for those who are not magically inclined to use abilities. RP that as you will.

The final set are things that must be ‘unlocked’ in battle. I will state who has unlocked what, and at what point can they use them. They are usually unlocked when we have the enemy completely on the defensive, or if it is caught off guard.

Advanced:

Critical Strike – A critical hit is an ordinary attack, spell or ability that has managed to break through the enemy’s defense, or you hit a non-heavy-armored enemy when they’re dodging. Your attack will deal extra damage, and could stun them. There will be a note at the bottom of the enemy’s round if there’s an opening and who’s close enough to take the chance. You can only use one critical strike in your post though, so make it count.

When using a Critical Strike, you must say this:

Critical Strike (Fira/Attack/Cheap Shot/etc) @ [Enemy]

Flurry – Flurry is only available when a particularly quick or dexterous character goes on the total offensive. It is only available for regular ‘Attack’, but can stagger an enemy or stun it long enough to open up a spot for Critical Strike. It, like critical strike, will be noted at the bottom and who has the option of bewildered an enemy.

Flurry takes up two action slots compared to one.

Overdrives:

Overdrives are special, super-powered moves that will take up all your actions and will require time to charge. Upon finish it’s charge it will unleashing a devastating attack on the enemy, and often opens up critical strike points and usually overwhelms defensive spells like Reflect, Shell and Protect.

Only certain chars can use their overdrive in battles, this rule has not changed.

~ + - - + ~

The success of your comrades and yourself is dependant on how often, and how well, you post. The requirement is that stated above your post, is the attacks you used that round. Your post is essentially your image of what happened. Generally you’ll have greater success if you include others in your post, but you only have to state what your attacks are, don’t worry about your allies. You may also control what your opponent is doing, but make sure not to make it to easy on you.

Use your character’s traits to your advantage. Shay wouldn’t do a lot of physical damage to the Crystal Bug, but she’s fast and hard to hit. It’s understandable to see her weaving in and out and being more of a nuisance then a heavy hitter. Likewise, Sori should be defended. He’s offensive mage and if we lose him we lose our primary source of elemental strikes. And for the third example, Temzi is actually one of our strongest melee fighters. He would be doing considerable damage to whatever he attacks, so it’s in our best interest to keep the Dragoon healthy.

Tag people, and don’t aim to make your character invincible. Every three or four days (or after a considerable number of posts in less time), I will post a blurb for the boss, and the damage you take is a direct result of how well I think you did. If you don’t post, you’re in for a nasty surprise.

At the end of your post, you will state ONE action you’d like to take against the boss when I write the post for it. This will directly reflect in my little boss blurb, if you don’t state anything, I’m assuming your dodging or defending. So you write out your three attacks, then write one more thing you would like to do when I write up the boss post.

Example:

Selene
    ~ + - - + ~
    Attack → Cheap Shot → Dodge

Yada yada, swing clang!

Bam! Look out Shay! Foot incoming!

roll away! FAIL! Got stomped on~ X_x

~ + - + ~

Dodge

Original Styling and battle formation credits goes to ASB, I'm borrowing their system and adapting it to FF: DD. Thank you to Weasel Overlord and Houndoom_Lover who discussed this with me in the council topic.

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Abilities and spells for Arena

Abilities:
    Luck: Spreads the luck around and raises the evasion of the part.

Spells:
    Lore: Allows him to use Blue Magic Spells only if he sees a monster doing it first. Monkey see, Monkey do.
    Goblin Punch: A rather weak punch...unless the target's the same level as Arena.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!