Thread: New Year, New Judge, New CONTEST!

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default New Year, New Judge, New CONTEST!

Hello everyone! To ring in the new year I'm going to host my first Contest for you all to participate in. However I'm planning on this to be fairly short and only opened to a few people.

Format: Standard Appeal First Round, Battle Appeal Second Round.

Participants: 5 Total. No registrations. Post attacks and Pokemon upon your first post.

1. Kyuuketsuki and Lotad (Female)
    2. Chaosredefined and Kangaskahn (Female)
    3. MLG and Ruyjinjakku (Male)
    4. Crazy Elf Boy and Kusanagi (Female)
    5. Unbraced and Carol (Female)

The three with the lowest scores will be eliminated while the two with the highest will move on to a 5 Round Battle Appeal.

Arena: A grove of pine trees on the first day of the new year. The sun is shining brightly above while the audience watches, dressed in winter fashion to enjoy the appeals and the weather.

Ribbon: Eternity Ribbon: The cycle of years and seasons is an eternal cycle that may change but will never be broken. This Ribbon is in the shape of a figure 8, with the laces curling back and connecting under a sparking topaz jewel.

Alright, Contest Open!
    Last edited by Mew Master; 2nd January 2010 at 01:28 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: New Year, New Judge, New CONTEST!

o.o! Whoa. That's shockingly grand of you Thanks Mew Master!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Is short, is small, but no one said there can't be multiple contests going on did they? O.o
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'll take part in this one!

I'll sign up with my female Lotad.

Start off with a Double Team, then the main one use Energy Ball, throw it to the sky and let it drop to the ground, when it hits the ground the rest use Uproar as a crowd to welcome 2010.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Master View Post
    Ribbon: Eternity Ribbon: The cycle of years and seasons is an eternal cycle that may change but will never be broken. This Ribbon is in the shape of a figure 8, with the laces curling back and connecting under a sparking topaz jewel.
    Excuse me, but fuck you grandly good sir. I make the Ribbons and I can assure you that your fruity pseudophilosophical gobbledygook holds no place in my spriteshop, so kindly stick to marking Appeals and leave the ceremonial bravado to me.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Excuse me, but fuck you grandly good sir. I make the Ribbons and I can assure you that your fruity pseudophilosophical gobbledygook holds no place in my spriteshop, so kindly stick to marking Appeals and leave the ceremonial bravado to me.
    I see your excuse, but fuck you for being such a dick about it to someone who's doing a public contest for the first time.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All about the new stuff, huh? We even have the new idea of not letting blade choose the ribbon, apparently. Well then, let's see what we can do.

I'm gonna send out Smack, my Kangaskhan. Open with a Double Team, and let them all crowd around the original, while the original makes a small Substitute, and hold it high. Finally, draw the sun's attention to the baby with Sunny Day. Let the double team clones applaud, lion-king-style.

Double Team ~ Substitute ~ Sunny Day

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    We even have the new idea of not letting blade choose the ribbon, apparently.
    No you DON'T have the "new idea of not letting Blade choose the ribbon, apparently." Making Ribbons is MY job. I contribute it every month and have done so for over a year, happily and without needing or wanting any form of reimbursement. You're NOT going to take that diligence away from me.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I would, just for the fun of it.

EDIT: I'll partake aswell

I'm using Ruyjinjakku, my male Numel.

Ok, first use Roll Out and strike down on of thoses trees. Then Howl to show your strenght after slaying the tree; and finish with Overheat.

EDIT2: Now that I think of it, Double Team is just a pokemon moving really fast, they can't have different commands, no?
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 2nd January 2010 at 11:29 AM.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

I will enter this with my Female Dusclops Kusanagi. Ok use Ice Beam to get yourself a large block of ice, then use Rock Smash to chip away at it till you create a replica of the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 2010 written on it. Then get inside the bridge and fire a series of charge beams into the air to make them look like fireworks to ring in the new year.

Ice Beam ~ Rock Smash ~ Charge Beam

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I enter with my new F Chingling, carol.

First use Charge Beam, then use Psychic to bend the Charge Beam into the number 2010.
    Finish with Last Resort, Spraying stars across the arena and reminding us this is the last year in the decade.

Charge Beam-Psychic-Last Resort

Master Trainer

That's it for those who can participate. I'll have the reffing up either late today or tomorrow.

MLG: Double Team, as is my understanding, is similar to making Shadow Clones like in Naruto, where they each attack as if they are the real one, but the real one is the only one that deals damage.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Whatever floats your boat.

Also, I realized that Ruyjinjakka is the only male. Poor numel.

Master Trainer

Contest:
    New Year's Contest

Arena:
    A grove of pine trees on the first day of the new year. The sun is shining brightly above while the audience watches, dressed in winter fashion to enjoy the appeals and the weather.

Round:
    1st: Appeal

Appeals

Welcome ladies and gentlmen to the first contest of the New Year. With us this month is Mew Master who's stretching his wings for his first official Contest as a Referee! Give him a hand before we meet our contestants!

Lotad
    (Lotad, Female, Trainer Kyuuketsuki)
    Double Team~Energy Ball~Uproar
    First out is Kyuu and his Lotad, who seems to shiver in the cold weather. She splits into several copies, all of them forming a circle. A single Lotad fires an orb of green energy into the sky, and the crowd watches as it starts its descent. It's silent until the crowd starts chanting a countdown, which ends as the sphere hits the ground and the Lotad give out a loud commotion to welcome in the new year.

Smack
    (Kangaskahn, Female, Trainer chaos_redefined)
    Double Team~Substitute~Sunny Day
    The crowd seems pumped and ready for the next pair. Chaos_redefined with his Kangaskahn, Smack. Like Lotad she splits off into several copies, before she starts to craft a small version of herself out of the snow. She lifts it up high as the sun starts to shine brighter upon the arena, warming up the already cold day.

Ruyjinjakku
    (Numel, Sex, Trainer MeLoVeGhOsTs)
    Rollout~Howl~Overheat
    The weather returns to normal (ie, cold and chilly) as MLG makes his debut with Ruy, a small Numel and the only male Pokémon in the contest this month. On a penat for destruction, Ruy curls into a ball before blazing off and slamming into a single tree, knocking it down. The audience can hear the little thing give off an eerie howl through the trees. Just before flames start to kick up! Soon the forest is engulfed in flames!

Kusanagi
    (Dusclops, Female, Trainer Crazy Elf Boy)
    Ice Beam~Rock Smash~Charge Beam
    After... ahem, putting the fire out (remember to thank your local fire-fighters), Elf and a ghostly apparition take the stage amongst some of the charred skeletons of the remaining trees. Kusanage blasts a long beam of super cold energy along a stretch of the arena, connecting two of the burnt husks of trees. Then he goes at it, working as fast as he can, chipping away at the ice and making it resemble a bridge. With his last bit of energy, he fires an electric bolt straight up into the sky.

Carol
    (Chingling, Female, Trainer Unbraced)
    Charge Beam~Psychic~Last Resort
    At the end of the line up is Unbraced with Carol, a small bell and ribbon Pokémon. The little thing crackles with electricity before firing off a shot into the sky. As it flies up, she tries to take control of it with her mind, bending it with all she can. After manipulating the energy into a curled squiggle, she flings herself at something with all her strength. The crowd is not that impressed.

Ranking & Ref Notes:

Lotad & Kyuuketsuki
    9.1/10.0
    Festive! Above all it wasn't overtly complicated on the commands or execution. The fact that the slowly descending ball may have taken a bit long, it did get the audience in on the action.

Smack & chaos_redefined
    7.9/10.0
    Recreating a scene from a very popular movie from out childhood was a good touch. Could have been better if it wasn't so iconic already. At least the kids loved it.

Ruyjinjakku & MeLoVeGhOsTs
    4.9/10.0
    Destruction of the arena was not a good idea. Pine trees are overly flammable you know, and since Overheat can't be controlled that well and is just a storm of flames, the entire forest went up in smoke as a result. It was okay up to that point.

Kusanagi & Crazy Elf Boy
    7.1/10.0
    The chopping of the ice block into a bridge took a lot longer than it should have, and affected your score. Kyusanagi was visibly winded when he got the chance to fire off the shot into the sky.

Carol & Unbraced
    5.5/10.0
    It wasn't a bad attempt, but energy is difficult to control, and the contortion of a stream of electricity into 2010 didn't happen, just turning into a squiggle in the sky. Your last attack seemed out of place and didn't match up with the other two.

Next Round!

Congratulations to all who entered and gave their hand at this first contest, but however, not everyone can continue on. The following three people are eliminated from the Contest, thank you for participating

Unbraced
    Crazy Elf Boy
    MeLoVeGhOsTs

The following two move onto the second half of the Contest, the Battle Round!

Kyuuketsuki
    chaos_redefined

The Battle Round of the Contest works like this:
    • The Battle will last for Five Rounds only
      Each Pokémon will be judged based upon moves, damage taken, and other various factors
      Whichever Pokémon has the highest Rating at the end of the fifth Round of the Battle will be the Winner of the Contest.

Kyuuketsuki and Lotad Attack First
    chaos_redefined and Smack Attack Second.

And as for our conversation on Double Team:

Quote Originally Posted by AttackDex
    Double Team - NRM - Several images (usually 2-5) split off from the original user, each of which appears exactly like the user. Each of these images follows the orders of the original’s trainer, but each does so in slightly a different way so that the genuine article is virtually impossible to determine. They aren’t perfect mirror images; if they’re ordered to attack, for instance, they’ll all aim at the requested target instead of simply firing their attacks in parallel lines. These images have no substance and are destroyed if jarred in any way, but as long as they last they provide a distraction. Attacks that are aimed at an image instead of the original won’t harm the original, and attempts to dodge the original’s attacks will also have to contend with dodging several illusory attacks—after all, there’s no way to know which ONE attack is real.
    Fatigue: Moderate
    Accuracy: Excellent
    Other: Snatchable
    In other words, NOT moving super fast... more like... projections.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

o.O Umm. I didn't read Chao's attack set, I just read the appeal, and was like, wtf Kanga king? Then I scrolled up and saw that's what he meant. Hilarious xD.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

bump for kyuuketsuki

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Alright, Start with Water Gun on Smack to blast yourself up into the air, then shoot an Energy Ball from high up, finally descend on Smack with a Zen Headbutt.

Am I doing it right?

Master Trainer

I can't say it's all up in the air.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Smack, Swagger out on to the field, as if you own the place. Jump up into the air and slice the pesky Lotad with Aerial Ace, then Roar at him to show him who's boss.

Master Trainer

New Years Contest: Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: None
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: O vs. O
    Abilities: None
    Theme:

Lotad (Lotad, Female, Trainer Kyuuketsuki)
    HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    Ability: XXX
    Water Gun~Energy Ball~Zen Headbutt
    Score
    [ ] 0

Smack (Kangaskahn, Female, Trainer chaos_redefined)
    HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 100
    Swagger~Aerial Ace~Roar
    Score
    [ ] 0

The Arena
    A grove of pine trees on the first day of the new year. The sun is shining brightly above while the audience watches, dressed in winter fashion to enjoy the appeals and the weather.

Ready! FIGHT!

So we're up to the combat appeal rounds so let's once again welcome Chaos and Kyuuketsuki with Lotad and Smack. Pokémon Battle All set! Ready? Go!

Smack starts the round off by swaggering her way onto the field (-3 E @ Smack/ATK → +2, CNF → 50% Chance Attack Fail). Hopping mad, it seems as if Lotad is ready to get in on it all, (-6 E @ Lotad, -8 H @ Lotad, CFN → 40% Attack Failure) but it looks as if she can't get her act together.

Lotad: +0
    Smack: +2

Lotad seems to snap some sense into herself as she launches a green orb of energy right at Smack (-5 E @ Lotad, CFN → 30% Attack Failure/-9 H @ Smack). Smack isn't going to take any back talk as she dashes across the field to hit Lotad hard and fast (-5 E @ Smack/-5 H @ Lotad).

Lotad: +1
    Smack: +1

Smack inhales deeply before letting out a deafening roar across the field (-4 E @ Smack. Lotad looks a bit shaken by the whole thing but tries to fling herslef at Smack none the less (-6 E @ Lotad, CFN → 20% Chance Attack Failure/-8 H @ Smack), but it doesn't look as strong as it could have been.

Lotad: +1

So the first round is over. Just 4 more to go!

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 87
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 83
    Score
    [ II ] 2

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 83
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 88
    Score
    [ IIII ] 4

Round Count-Down:

[ IIIIIIIIIII ]

Ref Notes: Damage Cap = 40. At 0 E, Pokémon will use 1 H for 2 E.

chaos_redefined Attack First
    Kyuuketsuki Attack Second.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Shoot him skywards with Seismic Toss, then launch yourself after him and hit him with some Comet Punches. Finally, use him as a landing spot, so you can Stomp on him.

Seismic Toss ~ Cosmic Punch ~ Stomp.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Once you're in the air use Counter to hit Smack back, then use Sunny Day, once you hit the ground fire a Solarbeam.

Master Trainer

New Years Contest: Round 2! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: None
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: O vs. O
    Abilities: None
    Theme: Rockstar (Nickleback)

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 87
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 83
    Counter~Sunny Day~Solarbeam
    Score
    [ II ] 2

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 83
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 88
    Seismic Toss~Comet Punch~Stomp
    Score
    [ IIII ] 4

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

On this fridged day the contest's battle rounds continue!

Smack runs up to Lotad, picking her up in one hand and pulling her arm back for a mighty throw. As she tosses her opponent into the air, Lotad struggles knocking himself pretty hard (-7 E @ Smack/-3 H @ Lotad, -5 E @ Lotad, CFN → 10% Attack Failure).

Lotad: -2

Lotad flies into the air, spinning head over lillypad. As she reaches the apex of the toss, she tries to concentrate, bringing the sun (-4 E @ Lotad, CFN → 0%, Sunlight 3 Rounds.). Smack flies up, her fists clenched and ready to strike, but the sun is behind Lotad as she jumps up for her, causing Smack to shield her eyes and miss her intended target (-6 E @ Smack).

Lotad: +2
    Smack: -3

The two combatants are still mid air, with Lotad coming closer at the momentarily blinded Smack. Energy spirals into her lillypad before she unleashes a strong beam right at Smack, sending her back to earth like a falling meteorite (-8 E @ Lotad/-15 H @ Smack). Lotad lands on the snow pretty hard (-7 H @ Lotad). Smack picks herself up from the snow and proceeds to help Lotad meet her foot (-5 E @ Smack/-9 H @ Lotad).

Lotad: +3
    Smack: +2

This round is over, with at least three rounds to go it's still anyone's match.

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 68
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 66
    Score
    [ IIIII ] 5

HP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 68
    MP:
    [ IIIIIIIIII ] 60
    Score
    [ IIII ] 4

Sunny Day Count-Down:

[ IIIIIII ]

Round Count-Down:

[ IIIIIIIIIII ]

Ref Notes: Damage Cap = 40. At 0 E, Pokémon will use 1 H for 2 E.

Kyuuketsuki Attack First
    chaos_redefined Attack Second.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Use Giga Drain, follow it with an Energy Ball and finally a Solarbeam, if the weather has changed use another Energy Ball.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Get things started with a Hail, then freeze Lotad with a mighty Blizzard. Finally, slap him silly with a Dizzy Punch.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

bump for mew master

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's been 3 weeks. Is this thing still going?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Was gonna do this when I got back, but forgot about it. Since this hasn't moved, I wish to offer a tie to Kyuuketsu. This will probably allow a new contest to start. And DL can figure out how points go.

So, Kyuuketsu. Draw?

Veteran Trainer

Whoa Contest. Yeah I'm in no shape to start a new one.

Umm well who got higher point totals in the Contest? That should offer up a better idea of who would win. Besides, if Kyuu hasn't been around for this long, its ok to take the battle in your favor.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It was mew master who hadn't been around, not kyuuketsu. Kyuuketsu had the higher rating and the higher initial points. If you wanna hand the win to him, go ahead.