Thread: Nintendo Wi-Fi Member Card (Darkrai) Promo For NA and Euro "Platinum"

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Nintendo Wi-Fi Member Card (Darkrai) Promo For NA and Euro "Platinum"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Member Card to be available to North American and European Platinum players

Key item available via Wi-Fi starting Aug. 3

Update: The key item is also being distributed to European players.

The Member Card, an event-only key item that allows players to go to Newmoon Island to encounter the legendary Pokémon Darkrai, will be distributed via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from Aug. 3 to Sept. 13. This is the first time it will be distributed to players of the North American version of Pokémon Platinum.

In order to obtain Darkrai, players must have unlocked the National Pokédex in their Platinum game. They must have also approached Cresselia on Fullmoon Island and obtain the Lunar Wing when she leaves.

The Member Card can then be used outside the Harbor Inn in Canalave City. Upon entering, players will encounter a man who will send them sleeping. They will then wake up on Newmoon Island, where a Level 50 Darkrai will be available. It will know the moves Hypnosis, Faint Attack, Nightmare and Double Team. The event can be repeated if players flee or defeat Darkrai.

The key item was first distributed to players of the Japanese version of Platinum last Dec. 1 through Jan 15.
    Original Link

Well, today's the 3rd, so it's on!

Me? I haven't even beaten the Elite 4 yet (as of this writing, I'm standing in front of Volkner in the Sunyshore Gym, ready to take him on), but I'll definitely do this after I meet the requirements!

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Default Re: Nintendo Wi-Fi Member Card (Darkrai) Promo For NA and Euro "Platinum"

Im literally waiting for night so i can go get Rotom, complete my Dex and find out where this other Island etc is.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Nintendo Wi-Fi Member Card (Darkrai) Promo For NA and Euro "Platinum"

Thanks, just reported it on the site.

I wish more event pokemon would be distributed this way. I hate having to actually go somewhere to get them. Also, why couldn't they do this for Diamond and Pearl too?
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Quick warning to people, if you decide to 'get curious' and enter the inn, make sure you have your catching team with you. Once your there you cant leave till you Catch/Beat Darkrai.

Im currently stuck there with a training team and no status inducers pelting him with Ultra balls.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I was wondering when this was gonna get posted. I haven't caught him yet, but I assumed they wouldn't let you out that place until you catch him.

Yay another Darkrai.

And yes, I dun understand why they don't give us players FULL access of our own games (excess equipment aside ¬¬). You have all this extra stuff in the danged game, but you hardly let other regions utilize/experience it (until now.) Maybe they just needed better internet connectivity?

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Thanks, just reported it on the site.

I wish more event pokemon would be distributed this way. I hate having to actually go somewhere to get them. Also, why couldn't they do this for Diamond and Pearl too?
    WOW, you got TPM back up?! (I knew you were working on that, but I haven't been here for ages, so...)

You're welcome, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Charizard View Post
    Quick warning to people, if you decide to 'get curious' and enter the inn, make sure you have your catching team with you. Once your there you cant leave till you Catch/Beat Darkrai.

Im currently stuck there with a training team and no status inducers pelting him with Ultra balls.

Thanks for the warning. Good luck!

As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

WHEN WILL THEY GIVE THIS STUFF TO AUSTRALIANS. *RAGE*

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

I Finnished last Moderator

Hee-hee CEB! Now I'll only need Pokemon Platinum. I'm afraid I'll have to steal it from one of my friends.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yeah, I forgot I got Darkrai from the other two giveaways already, so when I ran in there and did the whole sequence...I realized that all I had to do was Repeat Ball it.

Shazam n_n!

However...who was the voice? I have my suspicions, but yeah....

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Its Arceus apparently.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Banned

Its Arceus apparently.
    That's what I figured too. I have to wonder if Arceus will have any dialogue when the event is given for the item that lets you confront it as well.

(Which is probably the most unlikely scenario in the whole game. I have no idea how a ten-year-old kid would ever be able to capture a Pokemon that fulfills the role of "God" and tell it what to do.)

Advanced Trainer

Hey guys, I got Darkrai yesterday!

The first time I confronted him, I paralyzed Darkrai with Rotom, then I swapped in my Togekiss to use Safeguard (to prevent Sleep), but when I did an Air Slash with the latter, it did a Critical Hit and KO'd Darkrai, forcing me to restart. >_>

The second time was the charm, though! After I paralyzed Darkrai with my Rotom, I swapped in my Lucario (mainly to stall - 'cause both his Steel and Fighting types resist Dark attacks), and after some Ultra Ball throws, I prevailed!

Its [the voice] Arceus apparently.
    Really? I've read about this long ago, but I guess I forgot the details. I figured it was Cresselia talking. Oh well.
    Last edited by Starry Might; 6th September 2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Forgot the "Bump" image.