Thread: From what we know about HG/SS what bugs you about them?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Question From what we know about HG/SS what bugs you about them?

Ok so what bugs me is the fact that Game Freak mostly uses Pine Trees!

I mean would you not go Oh Cherrygrove City it must have Sakura Trees growing in it but no Game Freak are to damn lazy to give each town and city their own tree! Pine trees on the routes I can understand but really it would make some sense to give towns and cities there own trees.

Speaking of Charrygrove they blocked the Pond by the Pokemon Center again by the looks of the screen shot. -_-; this really annoys me since we should be able to fish in it for fresh water pokemon like Marill. that and like maybe they could have made a new aera to the north of it in which you would catch Cherubi/ Cherrim I mean come on they are both based on Cherries for crying out load it would make some sense to have them coneted to Cherrygrove City.

Also the Younger Class in HG/SS is wearing the same freaking cloths as they do in Hoenn, What the crap were they smoking when they made him?! however his pose is way better then what it was in DPPT.

Don't get me wrong I think that HG/SS will be grate games it's just that I don't like the fact that they are re using some stuff, Also they had a chance to give HG/SS a much better regental Pokedex and they blew it again...

~Charls Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: From what we know about HG/SS what bugs you about them?

Have you seen the grass? srsly wtfh?

I think they REALLY stretched their imagination for the Battle Frontier. I think the people are the same as well. I suppose it made things go quicker but...meh, I'm not sure how much I dislike these games. There's always that horrible feeling that they'll go to far and ruin a lovely region that is Johto.

One thing I may dislike is Kanto. I felt it was a sidequest...not an actual region. I hope that they improve it more this time around.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymore View Post
    One thing I may dislike is Kanto. I felt it was a sidequest...not an actual region. I hope that they improve it more this time around.
    Amen.

Let's see, things I dislike about a game I've never played...the fact that they're keeping the post-GSC Berry system instead of retaining the GSC Berry system. I suppose there's a plus in that you can cultivate whatever Berries you want and thus not be limited to collecting one of a given type of Berry per day, times however many of that kind of Berry tree you can find...but I seriously have better things to do than stop by the same place every few hours or so to water the plants. /added later/ Okay, I see that you can actually carry Berry plants around with you now? That's a bit mollifying...but still, there could be the whole "I plant this Berry, crossing my fingers that I will happen to be playing this game when it comes time to harvest so that the Berries don't just drop off and restart the growth cycle" factor.

/goes through forum to remind myself what we know about HG/SS/ Legends. I thought these things were supposed to be unique. One-of-a-Kind. That's the whole point, right? So why are we catching Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in HG/SS as well as RSE, Mewtwo in HG/SS as well as Fire/Leaf, and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG/SS as well as DPPl? It's not like we can't trade these Legends into HG/SS from their origin games.

The names Heart Gold and Soul Silver annoyed me at first, but I'm already over them...especially given the clever way they made the 'icons' for the games, with a stylized Ho-Oh shaped like a heart and a stylized Lugia shaped like the common Japanese image used to represent a soul.

I'm semi-annoyed by Kris's redesign, but at the same time I can understand it. Brendan and May got redesigned going from RS to Emerald, and it was chiefly about making them fit the green color of the game itself, so the new Kris is basically the old Kris minus being in a game called Crystal Version. Anyone know what her default name is going to be...?

The two unusual Pichu. Further feeding the myth that Pokémon is all about the Pika. This sort of thing is why Pokémon gets no respect among those who haven't actually played it.

Also, I am pre-emptively very annoyed at them replacing the Headbutting of trees with the Honey mechanism. Even though we don't know for sure yet that they'll do this, I'm betting they will and it greatly annoys me.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

for all seasons Moderator

Personally, I felt like the headbutt was a useless mechanic; basically the same as Rock Smash, only without the path-clearing benefit. Damned utility TMs. Seriously, you know you've run out of things to do in a game when you're headbutting trees.

What bugs me so far? Ehh, I'm pretty indifferent to the games as a whole at this point, so I'm not terribly irked by much. They're remakes, y'know? Just an extra cash spinner that blinds us from the fact that even actual sequels are basically just remakes of the same game. Seriously Pokemon, give me something new to play with here.
    But don't mind my bitter outlook. For what it's worth, GSC was my favourite installment, and in retrospect a great deal of that was due to it feeling like it was really ramping up the content from the first series; plus, backwards compatibility was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

It bugs me that I have to wait another 6 months to actually play it.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Not a lot.

Only thing that bugs me are fanboys who are so blinded by nostalgia for GSC, they'll be unholy amounts of praise for HGSS, when it's just Platinum, with a few more enhancements, and nostalgia factor.

Or the ones who think that GSC are better than HGSS...even though HGSS is a vastly improved GSC.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219