Thread: Water Dude Toss-up

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Water Dude Toss-up

Hay all! I realised, after 5 badges, that Prinplup/Empoleon is totally not working for me as a water type for my team (as in, I hate it's stupid penguiny guts, grr), so I've narrowed down the choice for my final team member to three, but I can't decide which would be better. Here's where you awesome dudes come in! Help me! Plx?

The options are;

Lumineon
    Octillery
    Milotic

Now, I've caught and trained a Finny to Lumineon already, and I've got a Remoraid ready for Octillery, but I can't get Feebas til Mt. Coronet, *is playing Platinum* which will be more annoying for training up, especially with the whole Beauty thing. :/

What are these guys like for stats and whatnot? Lumineon is cool for its random movepool, but its stats aren't looking too cracky so far (I've caught a Jolly one with Swift Swim).

This final pokie will fit into the following team;

Jolteon
    Arcanine
    Staraptor
    Rosurade
    Gliscor,

which, I know, has a fair few weaknesses and whatnot, but I've got the types to counteract them and I don't plan on being competitive or whatever.

If none of the three water dudes are any good, anyone fancy recommending a replacement to me? I'd normally go for Vaporeon, but I trained one on Pearl and I'm trying not to get any repeats on Platinum.

Thanks in advance, awesome dudes! ♥

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Moderator Moderator

Default Re: Water Dude Toss-up

I would probably go with either Milotic or Octillery. Typically I would probably pick Milotic out of those two, but since this is just an in-game team and not really planned for competitive battling I think that maybe you could give Octillery a try. Milotic is nice, but it can kind of be a pain to get one. Octillery is a fun Pokemon though, it has very interesting potentials in its movelist, I mean, it is kinda cool having a water type that can use Flamethrower and Grass type moves!! Of course, it would be good at least give Octillery Surf and Ice Beam, but there are a lot of fun choices for the other two slots, especially in game. Some of the stronger choices would be Energy Ball and Flamethrower, but those won't be accessible until later in the game. Other cool choices are Sludge Bomb, Psychic, and Signal Beam. The nice thing about Octillery is that for in-game purposes, it learns some cool moves that are useful early on, like Psybeam, Aurora Beam, and Bubblebeam. I don't know, it's just my opinion, but Octillery is pretty fun to use... it has good attack stats, but not-so-great defense and speed. I'll go ahead and list the stats of all 3 of your Pokemon and maybe that will help you decide. The stats listed are max stats @ level 100 with neutral personalities.

Octillery
    HP: 354
    Attack: 309
    Defense: 249
    Special Attack: 309
    Special Defense: 249
    Speed: 189

Milotic
    HP: 394
    Attack: 219
    Defense: 257
    Special Attack: 299
    Special Defense: 349
    Speed: 261

Lumineon
    HP: 342
    Attack: 237
    Defense: 251
    Special Attack: 237
    Special Defense: 271
    Speed: 281

Yay Post #5500!!
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!