Yeah I'm still in the experimenting phase. As for Vaporeon and Ice Beam I think I already used the TM up. I keep forgetting that the attacks are now classified as either physical or special type and that it's not like the old days when pretty much all the elemental attacks used special as the stat to go by. As a result I will go ahead and swap back to Surf. In all honesty as I think about it I doubt I'll face too many double battles. Shadow Ball was mainly on there from pretty much having an army of Eevees bred and ready to train. I may go the route of Rain Dance there.

For Infernape that could work. Just need to know where the TM/move tutor for that is.

I was thinking Leafeon as a grass type since I currently do not have access to a Bulbasaur or Chikorita. I do however have both of the grass starters from Gen 3 and 4. I've still yet to train them up however. Who works better overall? Treeko and it's evolved forms or Turtwig?

Umbreon will most likely be making the team. I'm currently thinking Moonlight, Toxic, a dark type move and perhaps Mean Look. Now it's only a matter of finding Leftovers.

Jolteon could work out. As luck would have it however it's my sole female of the group, already level 35 and the one lacking Shadow Ball ~_~()
I'm not sure if I still have that TM. Hopefully I do. If not I guess I could breed it. I may go with Thunder. Just need to compare it's attack power with Signal Beam.

I think I will go ahead and raise up Dratini all the way. In hindsight withholding evolution would be crazy. Sure I'd avoid the 4X ice weakness but the lower stats overall would be kinda like having it anyway. If Dratini is able to learn Earthquake I think that'll be where I put that

All in all I think the team is going to look like this:
Infernape
Heat Wave, Close Combat, Shadow Claw, Thunderpunch

Vaporeon
Surf, Aurora/Ice Beam, Aqua Ring, Rain Dance

Gen 3/4 Grass Starter

Umbreon
Moonlight, Mean Look, Toxic, Dark type attack

Jolteon
Shadow Ball, Thunder/Signal Beam, unsure about move 3 and 4

Dragonite
Need a moveset