Thread: Plat Team (Far from complete! Could use suggestions)

Threaded View

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Plat Team (Far from complete! Could use suggestions)

Ok it's been a very long time since I've had a team posted. I wanted to get what I currently have up right now and get suggestions on the matter. I've already got two Pokémon in mind for the team. First and foremost I'd like to know how to improve them. As for the other four slots I've got some ideas but I'm not 100% sure of the direction I'd like to go with them.

Here's what I got so far:

Infernape, Level 64
    Bashful nature, Item-Razor Fang
    HP 194, Att 165, Def 108, Sp. A 149, Sp. D 120, Speed 160
    Heat Wave, Mach Punch, Close Combat, Shadow Claw
    A typical trait of my teams is I try to balance out the power of my attacks with high accuracy. For example in the RBY days I favored Flamethrower over Fire Blast. I feel that an attack that can hit more often and has more PP is better than one that has more power but is inconsistant in hitting the target. As a result I've got Heat Wave as my fire attack. While it doesn't have a 100% hit rate it's fairly close and has very good power behind it. Shadow Claw is in there as a counter to the psychic types that will no doubt be sent out to deal with Infernape. I've got Close Combat in there as a heavy attack for those situations where having a sacrifice is not an issue. There have also been times where I've even knocked out two or three Pokémon with CC before getting KOed. While Mach Punch is in the loop I don't use that at all since it's very rare I get beat out in speed. I could use a suggestion for a replacement there.

Vaporeon, Level 61
    Relaxed nature, Item-Lax Incense
    HP 257, Att 103, Def 111, Sp. A 162, Sp. D 135, Speed 91
    Aqua Ring, Shadow Ball, Aurora Beam, Waterfall
    Yes I know I'd most likely be better off with Surf but I do have my reasons. I've got a Golduck that may make the team if I go the route of doing a ton of double battles. The Golduck itself has Surf on it and I tend to use that to heal Vaporeon while hitting both of their Pokémon. Aqua Ring also helps with keeping Vaporeon in the battle. Even so I know two Pokémon is potentially a bad idea due to Shockwave. Shadow Ball is something I always try to fit in on all Eeveelutions since nearly every team I've ever encountered likes to employ a psychic. Aurora Beam is on there to help with flyers and anything weak to ice.

As for the other four slots I'm thinking along the following lines:

Slot 3-Leafeon
    This will most likely be my third member. Currently has Syntheis, Giga Drain, Dig and Last Resort

Slot 4-Umbreon
    Currently training it. Still have a ways to go. Without a doubt it will carry Leftovers. Leaning towards my old GSC moveset of Moonlight, Toxic, Shadow Ball and Bite.

Slot 5-Electric type
    Unsure in this area. While I do have a Luxray I'm leaning towards Jolteon for the speed factor.

Slot 6-Undecided
    Still not sure about the final member. I do have a Dratini but I don't know if I want to go that route. The 4X weakness to ice when fully evolved as Dragonite is a big factor. Even when people don't actually have an ice type on the team there is almost always someone with an ice move. Was also thinking about Golduck as a partner to Vaporeon in double battles since I've got Surf on that. However I want to try to limit my weaknesses as much as possible. Suggestions?

Also as some of you may or may not know I've only recently started up with playing again. As a result I'm still getting use to some of the new things. One questions I did have is how natures factor into everything. How do those affect the stats if at all?
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 22nd October 2009 at 07:15 AM.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed