Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

I will be MIA for a bit since I'm going through a 6 week long training session with my job and my household is moving at the end of this month. I may be around TPM at brief intervals every once in awhile but I don't have the time or energy for something awesome like a post.

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm back now bee tee dubs. I think I'll hold off on another Hammer post until Rudy gets one up, since it would appear the fight is over.
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I'm back now bee tee dubs. I think I'll hold off on another Hammer post until Rudy gets one up, since it would appear the fight is over.
    Well I was mainly waiting on you but it looks like I'm not going to have anything to add unless I start posting from Other World since MoP apparently decided to kill off Shitagi WITHOUT MY INPUT! :-/

Guess that'll be the last time I attempt to work with someone who disagrees with a post I made.......I know Shitagi was fairly beat up there but seriously come on! It's not like I went out and killed any playable characters without asking :-/
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 22nd June 2011 at 12:09 AM.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    MoP and Blade apparently decided to kill off Shitagi WITHOUT MY INPUT! :-/
    and Blade
    Excuse me, but it's been over 24 hours. You were here earlier today. You didn't post anything here or there, so I just went along with what MoP posted because I figured as soon as you saw it you'd mention it if you didn't approve.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Excuse me, but it's been over 24 hours. You were here earlier today. You didn't post anything here or there, so I just went along with what MoP posted because I figured as soon as you saw it you'd mention it if you didn't approve.
    Well I'm sorry about throwing your name in the mix Blade. I mainly read that and instantly got very worked up as I'm sure you can imagine. Personally I didn't even get a chance to read MoP's post as I wound up getting called into work before I even had a chance to look things over. The past 30 minutes or so is actually the first chance I've had to sit down and take time for myself all day. Needless to say I think it goes without saying that I'm very displeased over this.

MoP.....I attempted to work with you on this issue you had with my last post involving Van. I got no reply from you as you had been offline for a few weeks following that incident. With nothing to work with and the story moving forward I did the best I could and used my original post minus the part where Shitagi escaped on his own power. James had Hammer come in for the save just prior to his wedding/honeymoon. With the two of you gone I figured I at least had a little time so I haven't been actively checking TPM this past weekend. Needless to say had I caught this post on Monday you can bet your ass I would have spoken up then. The worst part is you didn't even make an attempt to address the previous issues we were having. You simply moved on like nothing happened. Then without talking to me you decided all on your own that Shitagi was going to die there.

I understand not everyone is always going to agree on RPG posting and how others handle their character. You however have taken it too far MoP. It's one thing when two people discuss a player character getting killed off or a GM of an RPG says "hey I think it's time for X to die." It's a completely different matter when you decide on your own that you are going to take the fate and life of someone else's character into your own hands without bothering to consult them first.

The sheer fact that you complained about my last post and then turn around and do this just shows you are nothing more than a hypocrite. What sets us apart is the fact that I was at least willing to work with you and that I would NEVER go as far as killing someone off or giving them a permanent injury. Oh and before you bring up the situation with Rothax's eye bear in mind that this is a world where many serious injuries can be shrugged off by various means (healing tanks, senzu beans, healing upon transformation, ect). You simply just turned around and have done something that I deem to be far worse.

Anyway I'm done talking about this matter. I've already sent a PM to Heald. I'm going to let him decide how this will play out.

Veteran Trainer

OK, as bad of an idea as this probably is, I'm stepping in because, in case you've forgotten, I have some say here too.

...That being said, I used my say to go a bit too far.

Paradox was only CONSIDERING Shitagi's death. The one that gave him the push to do it outright was me, because the RPG had hit a standstill and I wanted to see somebody post. And with MoP basically saying "Fuck this." on the matter, I more or less left him with no other option. He actually was content to just jump ship from the RPG and me giving him the go-ahead to deep-six you was what kept him from leaving.

Keep that in mind before you have Heald step in and start banning people or whatever. Because I have a feeling Paradox is gonna get his shit wrecked within a day or so.

That being said, you probably wanna know WHY Shitagi was a prime candidate to die. The simple answer is that, in spite of what you think, Shitagi is a Mary Sue and his tl;dr power-trip posts are honestly NOT that fun to work with. Let's take a look at everyone active in the RPG and discuss their handicaps and strengths:

RETASU:
    Strength: Pure Saiyan blood and instinct. Power level 20,000~.
    Weakness: Not that powerful, can't fight as well against Rothax's goons and so uses stealth tactics to get what she wants.

KURA:
    Strength: Same as Retasu. Power level unknown due to Zenkai but likely not very different from Retasu's.
    Weakness: Not a fan of fighting unless its Spinarak or she's left with no choice.

GAMMA:
    Strength: Doesn't give off energy readings. Has a computerized brain.
    Weakness: Can be snapped in half by Rothax and probably Shimuto and Bandlim; is not very active.

ZAITO:
    Strength: Meditative training and temporary intangibility.
    Weakness: lol human, lowest power of the 8 Z-Fighters.

HAMMER:
    Strength: Meditative training and great power inherited from his family line. Power level exceeding 30,000 and may be double that in dire situations.
    Weakness: Higher power usage exhausts him; is not very active.

VAN:
    Strength: Can transform into a form exceeding even Hammer's strength.
    Weakness: Is amnesiac and uncontrollably schizophrenic around Saiyans, obsesses over the Dragonballs to the point that he'll die for them, transforming drains him and drops his power to a paltry 3,000.

BASAWE:
    Strength: Saiyan. Can increase his power in 2 different ways; power level over 20,000.
    Weakness: Disease that cripples him at almost every moment, cannot increase his power in both ways at once or risk dying, low self-confidence keeps his base power from surpassing its current point on any meaningful level.

SHITAGI:
    Strength: Half-Saiyan, descended from Goku, Vegeta, and Bulma, can increase base power with further training, power level 20,000~, can increase power level up to tenfold, as intelligent as Bulma, as righteously powerful as Goku, and is the heir to the Saiyan throne like Vegeta.
    Weakness: Immense power increase can injure him.

Do you see the difference, Rudy? I know you mentioned before that Heald or I could slap some sense into you if you went too far before, but I'm not gonna stand idly by while Paradox gets hung from the gallows for giving a very annoying character what he has coming.

And no, I'm not saying that being annoying is grounds for murder. But Paradox and I very quickly grew tired of Shitagi's constant involvement with EVERYTHING. Fighting Rothax, his mom salvaging vital shit from West City as it was destroyed, his mom trashing Rothax's ship, his mom just in general, Shitagi inheriting the Saiyan throne, Shitagi having the Goku attitude and the matching ability to randomly power up to impossible levels whenever the story calls for it. You even tried to shoehorn him and his mom into Asi's business. When nearly HALF the RPG cast is having issues with your character turning the 'S' in DBSU from 'Spirit' to 'Shitagi,' sometimes action has to be taken.

Now I doubt the action taken here will be permanent. But I'd personally like it if it woke you up a bit and stopped the whole thought process going on in this thread of 'You RP your way and I'll RP mine and we'll all work everything out.' Because as you're hopefully now seeing, that 'working out' can come back and bite you in the ass if you don't heed other people's issues.

And even though I egged on Paradox's sniping of Shitagi, I'm not totally defending him either. His 'Screw you guys I'm going home.' attitude the past few weeks didn't make me happy to hear, either.

Now, with all that being said, and everything on the table, let's see how things go from here.

Now if you'll excuse me, my macaroni is cold and I have a driving test tomorrow, so I'm out of here. I apologize for what happened to both you and Paradox, but I hope that when I get back here tomorrow I see good news. This shit is getting old.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

And no, I'm not saying that being annoying is grounds for murder. But Paradox and I very quickly grew tired of Shitagi's constant involvement with EVERYTHING. Fighting Rothax, his mom salvaging vital shit from West City as it was destroyed, his mom trashing Rothax's ship, his mom just in general, Shitagi inheriting the Saiyan throne, Shitagi having the Goku attitude and the matching ability to randomly power up to impossible levels whenever the story calls for it. You even tried to shoehorn him and his mom into Asi's business. When nearly HALF the RPG cast is having issues with your character turning the 'S' in DBSU from 'Spirit' to 'Shitagi,' sometimes action has to be taken.
    Now, you see, this was never actually raised with me, so frankly, I'm a little pissed off that you and MoP decided to make a decision that you knew would so obviously piss off one of the other members of the game without even alerting me that you would do this. I don't particularly care for your reasoning behind it, the fact that you didn't even tell me about any of what was mentioned in the above paragraph.

This is not something I particularly want to deal with right now, mainly because I literally have to step out the door and go to work. I will be back to deal with this later this evening, and unless you three can work out your differences in that short time frame (unlikely, since you've had a month to work this out and still decided to act behind everyone else's backs) then I'm fixing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer

Well I guess we're simply going to have to wait on Heald on this one as this situation has gone from a situation that I thought was over and done with to one that's got me, MoP and Blade pissed at one another for one reason or another. That being said I do want to address a few things.

Blade you are saying that at least half the cast is having issues with me? Obviously I'm seeing the issues you and MoP are having. I can understand Bran having issues when we got things underway again but as far as I'm concerned/know those issues have been addressed and there have been no other issues between us in this RPG. What I want to know is this:

Who else aside from Blade/MoP is having a problem with me and why haven't you spoken up?

Yes I'm calling you guys out on this. If anyone else is having an issue then it's news to me as no one has said a word about it. How does one fix a problem is there don't know there's a problem to begin with? The bottom line is that if there is an issue then something needs to be said. If no one speaks up it's highly likely folks are going to assume everything is ok.

As for calling Shitagi a Mary Sue I'd say he's far from perfect. For one he has lost to Rothax badly on at least two occassions as well as potentially alienated Retasu. Yes I'll admit: I had him figure out Retasu was seeking the Dragon Balls for her own purposes once she started to exibit behaviors that started to clash with her character (which was even pointed on several occassions by Basawe mind you). However despite having a friendly nature I'm sure you've gathered that Shitagi doesn't exactly have people skills since he accused Retasu with no proof. All he had was word of mouth and a gut feeling to go on. I purposely left that paticular situation open so that Bran could either roll with it and come clean or come to start hating Shitagi (not that her character needed much motivation in that area since he's the heir from the "female side" of the family). In regards to Victoria she was introduced with the sole purpose of having her killed off as a way of showing Shitagi that the situation was extremely serious (not to mention giving him a personal stake in the battle). Finally Shitagi may be a bit of a gear head but so far you guys have only seen him with Earth technology. If he somehow gets himself onto Rothax's ship without turning into a snack he isn't going to know a damn thing about the ship (not to mention he's got that fear of mechanical flight). In the event we somehow get to a sequel (which to my eyes is looking sadly unlikely) then expect him to be totally out of his element if the action shifts to Planet Vegeta for any reason. Finally in regards to how good of a fighter he is has it not been clear that I've been hinting that he believes Basawe to be a better natural fighter? I've been hoping you'd pick up on it Blade but it seems that you haven't. I had actually been looking forward to having Basawe play Goku to my Vegeta and start surpassing Shitagi to the point where he's always one step ahead in training. Shitagi's reaction would have been playful and friendly at first but despite Shitagi's talk of power levels not being the most important thing I would have eventually been willing to work in the frustration aspect of being the prince but being weaker than someone else. Granted it wouldn't have been to the point of "I must kill Kakarot!" but it would have been obvious that he wasn't exactly happy at being surpassed.

Anyway let's just focus on getting this whole situation worked out for now. Normally I'd say let's keep it in PM's but this is starting to get to the point where I feel it's going to seriously start affecting everyone as well as the RPG itself if we can't come to terms that everyone will be happy with. Yes I know....Heald said he'd lay down the law so to speak but I know he's got a bit on his plate so I'd personally like to avoid throwing this into his lap if possible. Therefore let's actually use the lounge for it's purpose of discussing the RPG and figure something out.

According to you Blade apparently MoP is done with this if he doesn't get to kill Shitagi. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've got no problems with Shitagi's death. What I do have a problem with is the way it's going down. When this RPG started I figured if anyone died it would be at the hands of Rothax, Shimuto or any of the other various named villian NPC's who have been shown to be good fighters (in fact had it not been for the fact that Zenkai came up in a discussion I would have thought for sure that Kura had bought the farm in the battle with Chita)

With all that being said do either of you have suggestions for moving things along that don't involve a character death at this point or what pretty much amounts to a rage quit?

Elite Trainer

You people are fucking ridiculous. Really? Are we doing this now? Are we threatening to leave RPGs, report people, get people banned, etc because we're pissy over how someone posted with our character?

GET THE FUCK OVER IT

This petty bullshit has gone on long enough, and despite my best efforts to keep things civil, we are still bickering over minor qualms instead of devoting our energy to IC posts.

Rudy - This is FUCKING DRAGONBALL. You know damn well your character will be wished back eventually. Why don't you use this opportunity as a challenge to do something DIFFERENT with your character for a while and expand your writing skills rather than INCESSANTLY BITCH about things? Jesus tittyfucking Christ...

Blade - Getting involved with MoP in secret over Rudy's character was not the right thing to do. You should be adult enough to include Rudy in the conversation, and hash out your issues together rather than giving up and saying "we're tired of Rudy doing (x, y, z) so fuck it let's just do it this way. I don't care if you two have complete opposite opinions on what should/shouldn't happen, and I don't care that you two don't get along. You're both in your mid-twenties, and as such should be mature enough to respect each others' opinions.

Heald - Don't even waste your time getting involved with this. Exerting your GMfluence will only exacerbate the situation and polarize the RPers against each other. Blade and Rudy and MoP are not children, and you should not hold their hands as such and intervene in their problems. If they can't resolve their issues man-to-man, solving it FOR them will not garner any progress. In my opinion, this is one fight you should stay out of, because it will only end in your own frustration.

ANYWAY, I've already made an in-character post continuing the plot, and acknowledging Shitagi's death, and I am not prepared to edit said post. Shitagi is dead, Shitagi will be wished back later undoubtedly, DEAL THE FUCK WITH IT.

I apologize for the harshness of my post, but you guys left me with no other choice. This RPG is GOING SOMEWHERE, and I am not prepared to let it be destroyed by the most minute of trivialities. I love and respect each and every one of you equally, so try your best not to be offended by my post, and take it as a friend giving you constructive criticism. I am quite comfortable in my role as a big brother, so that is how I view things.
    Last edited by Bear; 22nd June 2011 at 10:17 AM.
    -Benjamin Franklin

why wub woo Moderator

Bear, I respect your input but when my PM inbox gets gradually filled up by requests to intervene, I am obliged to at least step in.

I'm not going to ret-con anything now, whilst I could, I am hoping that either MoP and Rudy can either come to some kind of agreement on this, or otherwise Rudy accepts that Shitagi is toast and re-evaluates his character's direction.

Blade, on the other hand, I am rather unhappy with a lot of what's been said.

For a start, you never once told me that MoP was going to leave the RPG, nor that the only thing that would keep him in it would be to let his character murder another player's character without that player's permission. If I was presented that ultimatum for ANY of my RPG's players, in any RPG, I'd show them the door, because there is no room for an ultimatum like that in any RPG.

That being said, you probably wanna know WHY Shitagi was a prime candidate to die. The simple answer is that, in spite of what you think, Shitagi is a Mary Sue and his tl;dr power-trip posts are honestly NOT that fun to work with. Let's take a look at everyone active in the RPG and discuss their handicaps and strengths
    This is not a good reason to kill off a character. If you felt so strongly about Rudy's character, you should raise it with him in the first instance and with me in the second, not take it upon yourself to convince another player to kill him off.

Character deaths are key-points of stories, and should be used to develop the plot, not used to get rid of characters you find annoying (which appears, in this case, to be largely the reason why you pushed MoP to pull the trigger).

Do you see the difference, Rudy? I know you mentioned before that Heald or I could slap some sense into you if you went too far before, but I'm not gonna stand idly by while Paradox gets hung from the gallows for giving a very annoying character what he has coming.
    You find the character annoying Blade. I personally felt Shitagi was contributing a lot to the RPG. I admit that there have been some Mary-Sueish aspects to the characters, but I was content letting Shitagi be the Goku of the RPG, and I have always been telling Rudy (usually by PM) when to edit his posts, and likewise he has PMed me to okay certain ideas with me before he posts them. I also fail to see how Hammer saving Shitagi's ass counts as Paradox getting hung from the gallows.

Now I doubt the action taken here will be permanent. But I'd personally like it if it woke you up a bit and stopped the whole thought process going on in this thread of 'You RP your way and I'll RP mine and we'll all work everything out.' Because as you're hopefully now seeing, that 'working out' can come back and bite you in the ass if you don't heed other people's issues.
    Sorry, but I fail to see how Rudy offering to meet MoP halfway, only for you to go behind everyone's backs and convince MoP to disregard everything said in this thread counts as 'working things out'.

Now if you'll excuse me, my macaroni is cold and I have a driving test tomorrow, so I'm out of here. I apologize for what happened to both you and Paradox, but I hope that when I get back here tomorrow I see good news. This shit is getting old.
    And this is classic Blade. Blade, you created this 'shit' and now you're hoping everyone else fixes it whilst you eat cold macaroni and go off terrorising pedestrians.

Blade, you have not handed this well. Not only that, you have played favourites and you have worked towards creating divisions between players rather than trying to resolve them. The latter you have succeeded in doing. It is for this reason that I am no longer happy for you to take executive-level decisions any more for this RPG. Carry on as you are with Rothax's side, but everyone else I get the final say on if it is raised.

---

Bear, as for your in-game post, please note that Kuji and Hammer are on their way to West City, if they are not there already (although it is planned they take a diversion to Chita's fight once that has been finished), either way, they will not be at the Lookout.

---

MoP, I don't want you to leave this RPG, Van adds a great dimension to the characters and he would be missed, but any issues you have need to be resolved in the open in future. If Rudy is content to allow Shitagi to move onto the Spirit World, and some kind of plan is hashed out to bring him back (preferably in this RPG), then awesome. Either way, since the RPG is now picking up speed, the last thing I want to do is have to bring it back, but the final decision rests with you Rudy. I will never force any of my players to make such decisions about their characters without their input on the matter.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer

Oh ok, I did not remember that they left the Lookout. I can edit my post a bit for continuity, but I still think I should make the Lookout my destination because taking a dead body and another unconscious one to West City, where a battle is raging, is the smartest idea. Perhaps Hammer could use that nifty little telepathy thing that Nameks use to talk to each other at key points in the story to ask Kuji and Furuto (I assumed you meant him but typed Hammer instead) to return to the Lookout? I'm not sure how you want it to progress, but just let me know so I know how to proceed with my next post. I'll edit my post a tiny bit to keep the consistency of Kuji not being at the Lookout at the moment.

As for the other stuff, I understand. May the force be with you!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Well this isn't what I expected.

Finally in regards to how good of a fighter he is has it not been clear that I've been hinting that he believes Basawe to be a better natural fighter?
    Evidently as clear as it's been that I've been hinting as to otherwise.

Blade - Getting involved with MoP in secret over Rudy's character was not the right thing to do. You should be adult enough to include Rudy in the conversation, and hash out your issues together rather than giving up and saying "we're tired of Rudy doing (x, y, z) so fuck it let's just do it this way. I don't care if you two have complete opposite opinions on what should/shouldn't happen, and I don't care that you two don't get along. You're both in your mid-twenties, and as such should be mature enough to respect each others' opinions.
    I agree and I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    For a start, you never once told me that MoP was going to leave the RPG, nor that the only thing that would keep him in it would be to let his character murder another player's character without that player's permission.
    Look, I don't wanna throw anybody under the bus here, but I never told you because I didn't know until about an hour before MoP's last post. This isn't something that was PLANNED OUT. I saw that the RPG had stalled due to the wedding, I was getting antsy, I asked Paradox to post, he was still mad at Rudy and not really into the RPG anymore, I suggested he give Rudy the same treatment that Rudy had given him, and he posted.

If you felt so strongly about Rudy's character, you should raise it with him in the first instance and with me in the second, not take it upon yourself to convince another player to kill him off.
    Look I know what I did wasn't right, but in my defense, Shitagi's Sueism HAS been mentioned before and subsequently been brushed off.

Character deaths are key-points of stories
    Again, not saying I was right, but in Dragonball, death holds a LOT less weight than in other media.

I also fail to see how Hammer saving Shitagi's ass counts as Paradox getting hung from the gallows.
    The 'hanging from the gallows' part is what I assumed would happen to Paradox when all the angry posts started here. That's why I stepped in: so he wouldn't be unfairly e-stoned to death for something that was partially because of me.

Sorry, but I fail to see how Rudy offering to meet MoP halfway, only for you to go behind everyone's backs and convince MoP to disregard everything said in this thread counts as 'working things out'.

And this is classic Blade. Blade, you created this 'shit' and now you're hoping everyone else fixes it whilst you eat cold macaroni and go off terrorising pedestrians.

Blade, you have not handed this well. Not only that, you have played favourites and you have worked towards creating divisions between players rather than trying to resolve them. The latter you have succeeded in doing. It is for this reason that I am no longer happy for you to take executive-level decisions any more for this RPG. Carry on as you are with Rothax's side, but everyone else I get the final say on if it is raised.
    OK, NOW you're getting a bit personal. I admit yet AGAIN that I'm in the wrong here, but it's not like I twirled my moustache and laughed when Shitagi died. I offered it as a suggestion and didn't think of the consequences until it was too late, and I'm sorry for that. And I didn't play favorites. Paradox told me he'd lost interest in the RPG and I didn't know how else to get him to come back, so I made a hasty suggestion that, yes, I should have thought through further before giving him. I didn't wanna divide anybody.

And as much as I really DON'T wanna end this post on a hostile note, what do you mean by 'executive-level decisions?' I haven't had any say in ANYTHING. Nobody tells me anything, sends me PM's, gives me the go-ahead or the shut up on anything I do. All I've done is make posts and offer suggestions; most of these suggestions have been either worked into the story or resolved. ONE of them went bad.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

I appreciate you admit what you did was wrong, and that you've seen how stupid it was. That was a post I didn't want to make and frankly never want to make again. I apologise for getting personal, but I felt really let down by what I read this morning. I'm angry by the fact that I had to intervene for the second time in a situation I considered resolved, but disappointed that you played a part in this. I want to put it behind us and move on. Finally, I apologise for misinterpreting your previous posts, it made you out to be far more malicious than you actually are and I retract my allegations of such.

---

Bear - Sorry I meant Furuto. Anyway, yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Elite Trainer

OK WE ALL FRIEND NOW???
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

..........Heald apologized....?

...OK, then yes, we're all friends now on the grounds that the world is obviously nearing its end and I wanna die with as few regrets and vices as possible kthnxbai.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Oh wow...shitstorm. Um yeah >.> Just letting everyone know in the next couple of days I may be losing internet due to moving/cancelling comcast so <.< >.> Try not to kill each other? I know I've been barely in the RPG for awhile but I do plan on posting once things stabilise a bit more in the good ole RL.

Elite Trainer

god you're even SPELLING like your boyfriend now. It's STABILIZE!

;D
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Asilynne View Post
    Oh wow...shitstorm. Um yeah >.> Just letting everyone know in the next couple of days I may be losing internet due to moving/cancelling comcast so <.< >.> Try not to kill each other? I know I've been barely in the RPG for awhile but I do plan on posting once things stabilise a bit more in the good ole RL.
    The shitstorm has passed, dear. Maybe if you were here more than once a month you'd have noticed.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Well first in order to address Bear:

No offense taken over your views on the situation. I understand that this is Dragon Ball and that death is essentially a slap on the wrist. The thing I myself am worked up over is the fact that no one spoke to me about it first. Honestly I was eventually going to have Shitagi bite it anyway but I figured it'd be in a battle with Rothax or in an attempt to save someone else's ass (either Basawe or Retasu). I never expected it to go down the way it did :-/

Anyway.....still not exactly happy with the turn of events but seeing that we're rolling with it I guess I don't have much choice but to roll with it. I will say this however: if the plan was to kill off Shitagi because you guys felt he was "too powerful and sueish" then you sure have a strange way of fixing things since killing him effectively gives him easy access to KING KAI OF ALL PEOPLE!!!!

Seriously however if I have him do any training it'll be with Victoria.....in other words I get to play with myself

Anyway posts will be forthcoming. However since I'm dead I may not be posting with my original frequency. This is just as well since I've been pulling a ton of hours at work lately and am also in the process of a move with my family.

why wub woo Moderator

Rudy - thank you for being able to move on, it means a lot to me. I apologise that this wasn't the direction you wanted to go in but hopefully this will help the RPG develop and move on.

Everyone - I'm off for the rest of the weekend, won't be back until Tuesday so please don't shit everything up while I'm away. kthxbai

Elite Trainer

Well with Heald gone I can't get an answer on this one until Tuesday. As a result I'll post the issue here as well as my suggestion on solutions since I'm sure I won't be the only one requiring a revival before this is all over.

In regards to getting brought back to life by the Dragon Balls we've seen it happen in the anime/manga in quite a few different ways. We've seen characters be brought back where their died (many times over the course of the series; most notible during the Buu Saga), where their physical body currently is (Trunks was taken to the lookout following his death), where they currently are (in Goku's case Other World) or where Shenron/Porunga was summoned (Krillin at the end of Namek; could have also been a special case since his remains had to be teleported away from Namek)

Bottom line: this is one area where the Dragon Balls seem to be VERY inconsistant so I think some kind of ground rules need to be set.

Another major inconsistancy comes with what happens when our characters die. We see Goku's body disappear in the Saiyan Saga. It's the only noted case of this happening however as bodies get totally destroyed more often than not. However it's also worth noting that at the end of the Saiyan Saga that Bulma and company took the time and effort to collect the bodies of those who died. Next time we hear about Piccolo and the others however they have their bodies in the Other World despite their physical bodies being held at Capsule Corp. This also raises the question of what happens to the original body when someone gets revived and is still in the Other World. Piccolo was one of the bodies collected and stored at CC prior to Namek. Yet when he's revived we see him alive on King Kai's planet prior to being transported to Namek.

For now if no one has any issues with it I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we die and leave a physical body behind that despite this we'll still have a spirit body in Other World. As for revival I'd like to suggest it being this: If there is still a body they come back to life wherever the body is currently located. For example let's say that the casualties before this is all over include Hammer in West City and Kura in the middle of nowhere at the place where Chita is being fought (nothing personal guys....just throwing names/locations out for an example). Upon revival we all come back at the spot where our body is (in my case I'll return at the lookout while everyone else will be where they died if their body hasn't been moved)

If the body was destroyed my suggestion is that the character gets a choice: either revived where the dragon is summoned or revived in the Other World. For this example we already have Victoria without a physical body. Let's say that Zaito and Retasu get blown to nothingness by Rothax. Upon revival Victoria and Zaito decide to be brought back where the summoning has occured. Retasu however opts to stay in Other World for extra training (let's face it.....if she gets a chance to possibly train with Vegeta she's gonna take it )

Anyway I think that about covers everything on my mind right now. I'm gonna hold off for at least one more day on a post to allow for reaction on Shitagi's death since I'm sure everyone capable of sensing power levels felt it occur.

That reminds me....Brandy did Retasu learn how to sense power levels while she was in the HTC or is she still exclusively using a scouter for that purpose?
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 26th June 2011 at 05:50 AM.

Elite Trainer

I'm ok with the body being revived wherever it is located at the time of revival. As long as we're all on the same page this should run pretty smoothly. I'm sure the heroes will end up with all 7 Dragonballs at SOME point in the future.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

She hasn't, although whenever I get to post I will give a brief explanation of her thought process in the HbTC which will include her actual reaction to Basawe being stronger and some more char development.
    So as of right now she can't sense peoples power levels but she's starting to wonder if she is keeping herself weak by not learning from the Earth Saiyans out of pride.

Veteran Trainer

Where you died is the most sensible for me. If that place is not safe or no longer exists, then my vote goes to Other World.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I will say this however: if the plan was to kill off Shitagi because you guys felt he was "too powerful and sueish" then you sure have a strange way of fixing things since killing him effectively gives him easy access to KING KAI OF ALL PEOPLE!!!!
    I hadn't thought about that. However, since it's most likely that Shitagi's resurrection won't take place until after all action in this game is concluded, that is not exactly a concern.

...Is King Kai even alive at this point in the timeline?
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

Veteran Trainer

Not that I'm aware of. He's been seen with a halo since Cell blew up his planet.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

But we all know Dragonball, so it's entirely possible he got given his life back somewhere along the way like happens with all the heroes in the most dire situations lol.

How it plays out isn't really important to me, I just want to see us all agree to the same model and follow it. Anyone care to come up with a scenario for how/why King Kai is alive again? Or maybe we need to go a different route with this?
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

How it plays out isn't really important to me, I just want to see us all agree to the same model and follow it. Anyone care to come up with a scenario for how/why King Kai is alive again? Or maybe we need to go a different route with this?
    Well the fact that he's dead at all following the use of the Dragon Balls in the Cell Saga is a mistake by Toriyama. However for the rest of the series it stuck and as a result whenever we see King Kai post Cell he's still dead. Therefore my vote is on him still being dead: most likely hanging around Other World with the likes of Goku and company.

On another note while I still love this series all the recent talk of plot holes, mistakes and inconsistancies is really starting to make me notice how poorly written DB really was/is at times (seriously Mr. Toriyama......having King Kai teach ALL the martial artists on Earth the Kaio Ken during DBO? )

Speaking of Dragon Ball Online the game saw it's beta release in Taiwan and is free to play. The good news is that this makes it possible to play without having to resort to idenity theft. The bad news is that it's in Chinese, takes a long ass time to set up and that the unofficial English patch doesn't translate a whole hell of a lot :-/

Still looks to be pretty fun however
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 1st July 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Elite Trainer

I guess I'll get a post up sometime in the next couple days to keep the action moving. Seems like not much else is going on and half the cast is without interwebs
    -Benjamin Franklin

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ok, our internet is back and functional! ^o^ I'll be getting a post up here in the next day or so.

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

Elite Trainer

Well I see a new post in our RPG topic.....turns out it's a spambot

Maybe I should try posting something. Perhaps a fight with someone, interactions with Hammer or Kura or.....oh wait. I'm dead :-/

Seriously however.....anyone posting anytime soon? Once I've got a better idea of everyone's thoughts on Shitagi's death I may be able to make a better post once I do decide who I'm going to have him contact. Right now about all I have to go on is "Hey I died! I'm in Other World! How are things going with you ______?"

why wub woo Moderator

Hi guys, sorry I've been basically nowhere, my life has been pretty fucking hectic recently and I've had virtually no time or energy to devote to this, I'll try and sort something out soon as all the shit is beginning to slow down now.

Elite Trainer

I agree with ^ After I take a test on Mon I may have more time and energy to devote to rpg...

Elite Trainer

I'll try to get something up today, just to keep it going. Can't promise it'll be all that substantial though.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Espeon View Post
    Ok, our internet is back and functional! ^o^ I'll be getting a post up here in the next day or so.

"the next day or so" = two weeks

^^;; Eh heh heh heh....heh...

But anyway, the post is up now!

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

I thought kuji and furuto weren't at the Rookout?
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

O_o I thought Kuji still was at least. Where else would he be? If I'm wrong Heald can correct me, but for now I'm leaving the post as it is, lol.

I also wrote that presuming that Hammer arrived at the Lookout with Shitagi's body shortly before they did, but it's open to interpretation.

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

*shrugnuts*
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

oh gnos! Looks like Rothax is on Hammer's tail, and he's quite "put out". Seems the scene is set for a nasty encounter at the Lookout between Retasu, Kura, Zaito, Hammer, and Zaito!

One thing though, Hammer has to make it over to fight Shimuto at some point. Heald and I have something planned, so I'm not going to get Hammer involved in the spat with Rothax. Just a minor note to keep in mind over the next couple of posts. I'll follow up with Heald to make sure everything is a go.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Fair enough.

Just don't have Rothax go WARGABRAGRLAGRARGAHBRL straight from the start. He keeps bragging about his genius. It's about time he used his head instead of his ass-kicking skills.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe