Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

Wow......just read Blade's last post. All I have to say in regards to that is West City gets no love
    Seriously! Destroyed in the Trunks timeline and destroyed by Buu on the main timeline. If you actually toss GT into the mix then it got messed up in that as well. The only real problem I have with it is the fact that we just chased them off, not to mention the fact that it's starting to look like I wrote out the profile for Victoria for nothing.......

.......or did I?

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hi second form Rothax *waves*
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

I don't know why but I just had an image of Rothax doing his best impression of Boris Grishenko from the 007 movie Goldeneye......

*following his transformation and the city destruction*
    Rothax-By God.......I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!
    *Rothax appears impressed with himself as the onlookers turn away, he then turns to Shimuto*
    Rothax-Was it good for you too?
    Shimuto-.........I'm going for coffee......
    Rothax-And I'm going for a cigarette......
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Elite Trainer

Sorry my last post was so short but I absolutely need to pack and hit the road. I won't be back til Sunday night so I can't follow up on my post til then. I planned for Hammer to engage Rothax for a while, opening the door for a little more plot progression on other fronts. Of course Hammer is nowhere close to Rothax's power at the moment, his anger explosion has unleashed alot more energy than before, putting him around 5000 for the moment. I figure Rothax will be eager to test his powers in form 2, and will probably do the classic DBZ "Hmm, perhaps THIS one is strong enough to make me break a sweat!"

If anyone has a problem with this let me know, but that was my idea when I posted. Have at it
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

Well James.....it's been nice knowing you
    Hammer doesn't seriously think he's going to do much or anything to a second form Rothax who is bottoming out at 20K does he? Shitagi just barely held his own with Kaio-Ken against a first form Rothax topping out around 7-9K. However without some serious training KK is not going to be the long term answer :-/
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 25th November 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Elite Trainer

Hmm......with Zatio, Basawe, Kura and Sandor in there now I'm guessing the next hour long shift will at least include Shitagi and Retasu with two slots open. Seems like the final two slots are going to be dependant on a number of factors such as if Gav and Van join back up, the last two slots potentially being taken by the Namekians, Gamma, JT's character, ect.

Speaking of JT is he still in this. It seems like he's pulled his own disappearing act now. He's not posted anywhere on the board since the end of September.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~

Hide in plain sight.
    -The Assassin's Creed

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Heald, can you edit your post to remove Basawe from the Time Chamber, please? Basawe has to talk to Shitagi first. And I have a feeling that that might benefit Retasu, as well...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

why wub woo Moderator

EDIT: Disregard that, talked to Blade, Basawe is staying in the chamber.
    Last edited by Heald; 26th November 2009 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer

MoP I'm not trying to be a nitpicky bastard but if the destroyed city is West City like I'm assuming then there's no Dragon Ball there. Shitagi had the Four Star and the Dragon Radar at Capsule Corp but got both away from the city prior to the destruction. If there was a second Dragon Ball in West City then Shitagi would have known about it without question. Also it can't really be any other destroyed city since so far West City is the only one to have suffered an attack of some sort.

Granted at the end of the day it's Heald and Blade's call since it's their RPG. However I felt these were things that needed to be pointed out before you proceed as a second DB in West City could confuse people.

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

He could always say its the ruins of an ancient city in the forest/mountains though ;D

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

...sure, let's go with that.

Confession: I just wanted an excuse to throw Van at Rothax, and Blade didn't stop me (I was talking to him via IM at the time).

We'll say the ball in question is somewhere in whatever the South America analog is on DBZ Earth. Seriously, I have no idea what the map is like on that planet.
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

Elite Trainer

Ask and ye shall receive! Akira Toriyama's Earth!

As I can't read Japanese and I cannot find the map from the more recent games I'm having to rely on the Dragon Ball Wiki and memory for key locations. Important locations are located in the following quadrants. If possible I'll make note of where it is on the map as well ^_~

A1-Yunzabit Heights, Yahhoi Forest, Majin Buu's house
    A2-Goku/Majin Vegeta's battleground (northernmost dot), Cell Game Ruins, Central Capital, Ginger Town
    A3-North City (northernmost dot), Ruins of Gero's Lab (centermost dot)
    A4-Muscle Tower and Jingle Village (northernmost dot), East City (bottom center of quadrant near the coast)
    B1-Korin's Tower/Kami's Lookout (northernmost dot), Red Ribbon HQ Ruins
    B2-West City (near the coast), Parsely City
    B3-Ruins of Pilaf's Castle (building near the mountains)
    B4-Satan City (north of Goku's house?), Son Goku's house (domed building south of forest), Grandpa Gohan's house (east of Goku's house), Mount Paozu
    C1-Baba's Palace, an unnamed village (Nam's village in the original DB)
    C2-South City
    C3-Fire Mountain (mountains on the mainland), Papaya Island (westernmost dot, location of the Tenkaichi Budokai)
    C4-Penguin Village, Kame House

As you can see the Earth of this world is pretty much Earth in name only as it looks nothing like our Earth. The amazing thing to remember is that while the map itself doesn't look overly big, bear in mind that this Earth is the same size as ours. Therefore the main land mass is just that: absolutely massive! I hope this gives you guys a better idea of the world and where everything is going down. Take special note of all the ruins MoP. If your going with the South American analog on the map then your best bet would be B1 near the ruins of the Red Ribbon Army's HQ. This also puts you fairly close to Kami's Lookout. In any case the map should be a pretty good guideline for locations of actual pre-existing major locations. As Toriyama has huge expanses of nothing on the map then who's to say we can't say that there's a new city in a paticular location or perhaps a forest, Earth military base, ect? ^_~
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 28th November 2009 at 08:10 AM.

why wub woo Moderator

Thought I'd give a little profile to Shimuto.

Shimuto puts a calm, sensible face on what is otherwise a very dark, evil being. He is an interesting foil to Rothax, who is angry, loud and impatient, whereas Shimuto is more patient, quiet and neutral. That said, both are working towards a dark end; Rothax wants the Dragonballs for his own ends, whereas Shimuto is more concerned with the Earth itself. He has been travelling with Rothax for years now in search of a planet teeming with life and now he has found Earth. He has already begun to machinations in regards to Earth but no one knows much about his final aims. Even Rothax knows little, although this is mostly due to Rothax not caring than Shimuto keeping it to himself.

Shimuto is part of a galactic cult (he prefers the term 'religion') known as Khaladaism, which, on the face of it, seems to be just a cult of blood-drinkers, but those who ascend through the ranks slowly become one with Khalad, a mysterious but powerful being who reckons himself to be a god. As a High Templar, Shimuto wears the traditional robes and has developed certain magical powers due to Khalad's influence.

Shimuto is a powerful being when at rest, but he also has a second-form. However, he also has two in-between forms, one that enhances strength and the other enhances speed.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Veteran Trainer

Shimuto is Deoxys?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

I never thought about it, although now you mention it, kinda.

Veteran Trainer

Will post shortly; in the meantime, here's our visage of terror... times two!

Yes, he's pointing at you.

No, it's not about something good.

And no, you won't make it if you try to run.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Thanks for the map, Rudy. We'll go with your idea.

And incidentally, after dying on the ship, Van came to in the mountains northeast of Gero's lab.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

Veteran Trainer

OK, in regards to my latest post, I think it's safe to say that Rothax is... bipolar. Or something. Radical mood swings, at the very least.

Basawe's a stubborn fuck, isn't he? I'm assuming a power level of 0 = dead, so... uh... it was nice knowing him?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    I'm assuming a power level of 0 = dead, so... uh... it was nice knowing him?
    Don't know if that's ever been officially established.....then again when you suppress your true power level you still manage to pop up as something on a scouter. Future Trunks in his suppressed base form when he first arrived popped up as a 5 on a scouter.

So yeah......zero=dead doesn't seem like it would be a bad assumption. Of course with this being a recovery from near death just imagine the potential jump Basawe is going to take when it's all said and done ^_~

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ok guys, my post will be going up later today after I get home from work. Sorry for the extensive delay. Every time I got a sizeable dent into the post someone else would post and I'd have to go back and rewrite. But I think what I have now is a good mixture. I decided not to backtrack and re-write everything that everyone else posted and just jump ahead to the HBTC, with a little bit of summary (you know... "LAST TIME...ON DRAGONBALL Z!"), so hopefully that'll work.

Anyway, will be finishing up after work. I'll also put up the mini-bio for Kura in here since I realized I haven't done that yet. Thanks for being patient with me guys.

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

Elite Trainer

Just figured I'd give a little more insight into Hammer now that we're getting back into it.

Hammer has experienced alot of anguish, but it is mostly self inflicted due to his hot temper combined with learning of his family's past. His training for years in solitude has turned him into a very quiet, almost silent fighter, who remains calm for the most part but tends to lose his temper quickly when faced with an emotional jolt (anything reminding him of his past).

Simply put, conversations with Hammer will be mostly one-sided, unless he's really on about something. He doesn't like to divulge his thoughts or plans to anyone, even people he's supposedly working with.

I'm thinking of having him unite with Furuto somewhere down the line, if that's ok with Heald. Not for a while though, that's just my brainstorm.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

So in other words your a Piccolo with different motivations behind the things you do? ^_~
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 30th November 2009 at 05:57 AM.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Charizard View Post
    Basically Gav has been kidnapped, As was said in the signup he's not quite human, somewhat of a scientific curiosity, Rothax is gonna experiment on him, unlock some of that extra power and Im gonna play a baddie for a bit lol.
    Rothax's last supposedly human prisoner is dead, he pretty much has Hammer in his grip ATM, and both Shimuto and Blaque/Whyte (Are they human?) each having a Dragonball for him. What makes you think Gavin isn't gonna just get dropped off outside the ship and forgotten about until Rothax has to leave the ship again and he trips over his unconscious body?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

*Rothax trips over Gav as he leaves the ship*
    Rothax-Dammit Shimuto......they forgot to pick up the trash again! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS PISSES ME OFF DON'T YOU?! See to it!!!!

Elite Trainer

My plan for this current battle was to have Rothax follow traditional DBZ villain rhetoric and hold back most of his power to make the fight more even (for his own amusement of course). After a while of course he will have had his fun letting Hammer think he had a chance, then let out his power and thump him pretty well. We need to figure out though whether Hammer will be captured and taken back to the ship or if others will arrive to aid in the battle. I'm not sure how the timeline of the fight will coincide with the fighters in the Time Chamber or the other subplots that are going on. I guess we'll just have to make it up as we go. Let's keep it going for a while so this RPG sees some action!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

You really think someone as hotheaded and impatient as Rothax is gonna follow that tradition?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

You really think someone as hotheaded and impatient as Rothax is gonna follow that tradition?
    All DBZ villains have followed this tradition, even the hotheaded ones . I'm just trying to make it more exciting
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

Two questions for two people......

MC-At what point should we bring Gamma back into the fold? Should me or Bran make a post at some point saying "he's fixed!" or should we leave that to you?

MoP-In regards to Van I'm still not sure what his deal is. However with Gamma in the more than capable hands of Victoria, Hammer on his own (and against a villian who will no doubt kill Shitagi on sight should they meet again at this moment), Gav about to go missing and everyone else in the HBT it leaves Shitagi with not much to do at the moment. I'm thinking he goes back on the DB hunt alone which could potentially bring Van back into the fold. The real question is would Van remember Shitagi much less being captured and "killed?"

Hide in plain sight.
    -The Assassin's Creed

why wub woo Moderator

Bear in mind by the time you've fixed Gamma, it probably would've been an hour and the four in the HTC would have emerged.

Veteran Trainer

OK, here's what I'm thinking will happen with Basawe:

Basawe meets Shitagi and discusses his training idea with him. Retasu takes advantage of Shitagi's absence to yoink Gamma's Dragon Radar. Shitagi blows Basawe off and says to wait for the Time Chamber. Basawe gets pissed off and goes to thank Kura for helping him, short and sweet, then he fucks off to his own devices until the hour is up.

As for Rothax... I dunno. Hammer hurt him. That's grounds enough for Rothax's brain's logic center to be overpowered by its "KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" center. I won't say what's what about someone else's character, but Bear, Hammer is getting out of there with an arm or leg missing as the BEST CASE SCENARIO. He could already be dead or be sliced apart limb by limb, honestly. I leave his fate to you.

And yes, I know Rothax seems a bit underwhelming right now. He just transformed. His power level is still under 20,000. Give him some time to warm up... On second thought, DON'T.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

And yes, I know Rothax seems a bit underwhelming right now. He just transformed. His power level is still under 20,000. Give him some time to warm up... On second thought, DON'T.
    There's the part that worries me......

In regards to the Shitagi/Basawe idea I personally don't think Shi would blow him off at this point. As of now he's slowly becoming trusting of Retasu despite her abrasive personality and with his mother and the mobile lab there Shitagi may actually feel like he'd kinda be getting in the way at this point as far as fixing Gamma is concerned. That old saying about too many chefs in the kitchen seems to come to mind. In any case I think Shitagi would possibly find the time to show Basawe the basics of focusing hi ki for a proper Kamehameha as well as potentially be willing to try to teach him one or two attacks once they get into the HTC. As far as the Kaio-Ken is concerned however he may be unwilling to teach Basawe that as it is one of the secret techniques of his family after all. Despite that both Basawe and Shitagi strike me as being very smart. I could easily see each of them observing the other and adapting the KK/Boost to either be more powerful or less draining with a little work. As for heavy training past Shitagi starting to teach Basawe the Kamehameha I think that'll wait until the HTC.

In regards to Hammer I did have an idea that could potentially be insane enough to actually work.......provided that the idea doesn't royally backfire that is. James/Blade will need to PM me when they can if they are intrested in it. It's one of those ideas that I'm only going to share if your both curious and frankly one of or both of you aren't then I'd like to be able to save it for later and not blow the surprise of a good, very inventive idea ^_~

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    MoP-In regards to Van I'm still not sure what his deal is. However with Gamma in the more than capable hands of Victoria, Hammer on his own (and against a villian who will no doubt kill Shitagi on sight should they meet again at this moment), Gav about to go missing and everyone else in the HBT it leaves Shitagi with not much to do at the moment. I'm thinking he goes back on the DB hunt alone which could potentially bring Van back into the fold. The real question is would Van remember Shitagi much less being captured and "killed?"
    Van's "deal" is currently a secret, and might not ever come out completely. It's a rather... complicated story.

That said, Van's memory is erratic at best. He never remembers his deaths, and until recently, I would say he did not remember Shitagi at all. But this has changed since he picked up that first Dragon Ball; he's remembering more than usual, and he still isn't used to it. Future encounters with people he met in his last run could get a little painful for him...

Elite Trainer

Hammer is getting out of there with an arm or leg missing as the BEST CASE SCENARIO. He could already be dead or be sliced apart limb by limb, honestly. I leave his fate to you.
    Lol, considering that if Hammer dies that leaves me out of the RPG, I'd say missing limbs is just what the doctor ordered. I think what I'll do is have him continue to take this beating you started and then get desperate and use his final attack. It obviously won't beat Rothax, but it might suppress him long enough for Shitagi to arrive and 1) get Hammer the fuck out of there or 2) jump in and start fighting Rothax on his own, kind of like how the battle with Frieza on Namek went. I dunno, I'll deliberately leave my post open so Rudy and Blade can decide what they want to do with that situation. Can't have Hammer dead though -_-
    -Benjamin Franklin

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ive got the workings of a post in my head atm, and I know I owe this and E2 a post soon, bear with me, if it doesnt come tonight then sunday it definately will ^-^() As for fixing Gamma, if you wanted to have Shitagi leave in your post rudy then go for it, if not I will. Either ones ok with me.

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post

Hammer's energy climaxed with a bang, as he let out a roar to unleash the attack.
    Hurr hurr, you said "climaxed".

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Espeon View Post
    Hurr hurr, you said "climaxed".
    I said climaxed AND bang
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I said climaxed AND bang
    not to mentioned how he "unleashed his attack" with a roar. Is that what they're calling it these days?

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

God.....the two of you are so juvenile
    I highly doubt Shitagi's ability to get to Hammer in a timely manner as well as get him out of there without a scratch. Once again I've got a decent idea for getting in and out as well as a somewhat inventive idea that may put some slight fear into Rothax depending on how much he knows about Saiyans. If Heald is ok with it I may just say fuck it and actually do a post as Victoria.

Elite Trainer

Well that's fine and dandy, PM me your plan. Hammer's only going to be able to hold out for so long before Rothax is like "fuck it u die now"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Rothax's third form
    Trust me, I know exactly how Rothax's five forms are going to play out. Wasting one of them on a Namekian that's barely 15% as strong as Rothax is not one of them.

I'm not gonna post again yet. But keep in mind that the battle between Rothax and Hammer is taking, at best, a few minutes. For Basawe, a half an hour has passed. So if Rudy or Asi want to post some sort of interaction with him, keep in mind that Hammer will be chopmeat by then. He needs help and he needs it, quite literally, twenty minutes ago, or he WILL be killed.

Which begs the question... Who's going to rescue Hammer and distract Rothax for the FIFTY minutes until our Time Chamber-dwellers can find him?

The only answer I can possibly think of is Shimuto coming and reminding his boss why a dead Namek is a bad thing, but since Heald seems to loathe having him do anything...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe