Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Mr Popo's Happy Funtimes Lounge (Dragonball SU Lounge)

Shitagi would probably be Hammers best chance to survive, unless Van can somehow get there, because Retasu isnt big on the "helping other people" thing, unless it benefits her in some way XD And since Hammer =/= Guardian of earth and therefore ruler of the Dragonballs she really has no attachment to whether he lives or dies (sorry James >.<)

I have a plan for Retasu in my next post, but itll have to wait until tomorrow like I said, Ive seriously got to eat and get a nap before work tonight >.<

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I second the idea of Van somehow getting Hammer out of there, because that would get him re-involved with the plot and give him something to do. Even if it's just to prevent Hammer's imminent demise (for NOW! BWHAHAHAHAHA!)

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Why does everyone want me dead
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

You ran off on your own in order to piss off the short-tempered, obscenely powerful, megalomaniacal, unpredictable, all-around general meanie-face invading the planet for his own "Fuck everyone who gets in my way." gain. It's like asking an oncoming train, "Why do you want to shred me into mincemeat?". The answer isn't personal - it just kind of falls into the DUUUHHH category of answers.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm holding off on part of my idea due to the fact that when I examined it again I didn't see any way it hold be pulled off without something going horribly wrong. Hammer will get his rescue but the mind games I had planned are being put on hold ^_~

Elite Trainer

Ah, you sprang into action before Hammer used his final attack. Guess I can save that for another time. Not that it would have been any more than a brief distraction anyway XD.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    "In any case they've only got about 15 minutes left if they decide to stay in there for only an hour.
    OK, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how Hammer has stayed alive for 45 minutes against someone no less than 5 times his strength. For the sake of the plot continuing, I won't think too much about it, but Goddamn.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

They managed to string some of the most one-sided fights in the original series into quite a few episodes. Plus it would have taken time for Hammer to get there from the time they entered the chamber, plus Victoria was fighting them, plus they talk a lot (as all fighters do in DBZ).

If there is any problems of time parallax, it ought to be between the fighters in the HTC and those outside of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Veteran Trainer

EDIT: Just got your PM, Heald. I got this covered now.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Jesus blade it's not like I made Hammer stronger than Rothax or anything. I've made it perfectly clear Rothax is way stronger, Hammer is just buying time for the other fighters. It wouldn't kill you to not have your character win every fight in 5 seconds =P.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Dude, he's won a single fight. Every other time he's either been run from or been distracted. Rothax's track record isn't what I give a shit about.

I realize Hammer's stalling for time. It's that he, a relative Glass Joe by comparison, is holding off the fucking HULK for over a half an hour, BY HIMSELF. What part of that do you not get?

If Rudy had reversed his post so Shitagi and Basawe spoke AFTER his mom went off and rescued Hammer, everything would be hunky-damn-dorey. But as it stands, Hammer has a level of stamina right now that Piccolo didn't even have during the Cell games, let alone when he and Hammer were even in strength. I'm not asking that everybody roll over and die instantly when Rothax looks at them. I'm just asking for some consistency. I mentioned this BEFORE Rudy made his last post and it went ignored. Take complaints up with him, not me.

I'll post something involving Rothax tomorrow-ish.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

I'm going to try and get one more HTC Kura post in before they all come out, since I want get her a small training montage plus character development. Will try to get that up shortly.

However, I'm wondering what I'm going to do with her after she comes out. If Heald is cool with it, I was thinking it might be interesting to have Kura fight Shimuto, since they might be about the same level and it would be an interesting fight. But there would have to be some kind of set-up for it since she probably wouldn't just jump into a fight at random. Hmm... *ponders*

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Well it's as Heald said. The first group went in just after Rothax's transformation and the destruction of West City. Let's say that was 5 minutes before Hammer flew off. And while travel time in the anime/manga is usually shown to be fairly short be aware that Hammer had to fly quite some distance. He had to drop to ground level, fly east accross the ocean and then slightly past the city itself. Let's say that took about 20 minutes if he was flying there fully powered and at top speed. Personally I think that's a bit on the low side but meh. That leaves 25 minutes elapsed since the group first went in. If Hammer held his own for 10 minutes that brings it up to 35. Victoria's battle could have gone for 5 minutes and then another 5 could have went by following her return. There's your 45 minutes right there. I will admit it may have flowed a bit better and been understood easier if I said it was 45 closer to the end but it's not a major issue that a quick edit can't fix ^_~

Elite Trainer

As we all know, in DBZ time can be severely altered to fit the plot. Sometimes they have battles that supposedly last several hours, and others that last 10 minutes (over the course of like 10 episodes -_-). The reason I did what I did was to be consistent with the plots. What was I supposed to do? Have Hammer die and take my character out of the RPG? What the fuck would I do that for? I'm just trying to build some action and get some good fight scenes in, I'm not trying to be chronologically accurate. DBZ is not exactly the place to be if you want continuity...
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

Case in point......
    Frieza-Planet Namek is going to be destroyed in five minutes!
    *10 episodes later*
    Frieza-The planet is doomed! It'll be destroyed ANY MINUTE NOW!!!!!

Elite Trainer

On another note I think it's about time that Van gets brought back into the fold somehow. There's no doubt that Shitagi at least caught wind of that battle since he's been monitoring power levels on his scouter whenever he's not been busy. If he were to check the Dragon Radar and see that Van has three DB's then there is no doubt that he'd want to check out who it possibly was......of course then again at this point he's got no way of knowing that it's actually Van. For all Shitagi knows Van is simply the cheerful guy with the booze that was playing the guitar at the tournament that seemingly disappeared without a trace (he was too tied up in his own battle to notice he was captured). Without a way to know it's Van rounding up the balls then Shitagi might also assume it's one of Rothax's men. Of course then again he wouldn't have an explaination for why this guy would fight a bunch of Rothax's other men, ect, ect......

Damn.....this is all making my head hurt. Just join us somehow MoP!

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well, that and it'd be nearly impossible to miss the massive water column that launched up when Van hit D-Trance. He was slightly northwest of South City when he went off, so anyone on the Lookout could see it. Or, for that matter, anyone who happened to be looking in that general direction.

And yes, I do know where I'm going with this. I finally worked out who Van is a couple weeks ago. Of course, that's a secret.

Van's got new theme music:

"Confused" Van Theme

The D-Trance theme
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

why wub woo Moderator

Okay, let's get this straight.

1-Star - With Rothax (taken by Blaque and Whyte)
    2-Star - At the Sanctuary (found by Retasu and co)
    3-Star - With Van Osiku
    4-Star - At the Sanctuary (found by Shitagi)
    5-Star - With Van Osiku
    6-Star - With Rothax (taken by Shimuto)
    7-Star - With Van Osiku

So the DB hunt is over, I guess. I'm not exactly sure who has the 2 and 4 star, I'd imagine Shitagi (4 star) and either Retasu or Kura (2 star) and I can't imagine they would be giving them up any time soon.

Anyway Kuro, I kind of like where you are heading with that idea. Hell, I might even convince Zaito to go with Kura, since now they and Sandor have had the benefit of training for over 2 weeks in very intense conditions, although maybe not Shimuto. I think the Kwalis would be a more interesting match.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer

I guess Hammer and someone else are up in the Chamber next then? This is flowing in perfect DBZ format!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

I'm thinking at this point the only thing that will get Kura involved would be the possibility of getting more Dragonballs, so maybe that can be her prerogative. Maybe if she and Zaito go off (or she leaves and he follows her) and somehow track down Van at the same time as the Kwali's and/or Shimuto and a fight would ensue? I dunno, that's really all I can think of. I still think Kura vs. Shimuto and then maybe Zaito and Sandor vs. the Kwali's would be an interesting set-up (though it would definitely be a challenge!), but it's up to you what you want to do with Shimuto.

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I guess Hammer and someone else are up in the Chamber next then? This is flowing in perfect DBZ format!
    Seems to be going pretty good at the moment despite the lack of activity on the parts of MC, Gav and JT. As far as the HTC goes the next four will most likely be Hammer, Shitagi, Basawe and Retasu. The only thing that may keep one or more of them out of the chamber at this point would be personal reasons or something drastic. Also I'm going to try to have Shitagi push for the full two hours like his mother wants him to do. If you guys want to stay or go then that's up to you ^_~

Elite Trainer

I think that'd work for Hammer as well. After being handily beaten three times by Shimuto, Rothax, and Rothax again, he's bound to be pretty angry at himself (on the inside though, he won't express it), so he'll be very motivated to push himself to the limit. I think I'll wait til later to have him fuse with Furuto though, it's too early in the RPG.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Actually, Heald, Basawe currently has the 4-star ball. Shitagi gave it to him right before his attempted suicide sacrifice.

You're right about the rest of your post, though. He might not be inclined to hand it back over just yet...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

Blade: Fair enough, that makes sense.

Kuro: Well, everyone is going back to the ship and sending the Kwalis out. I guess Kura and Zaito could take the DB Radar and find Van, only for the Kwalis to show up to destroy them (although after the training, they're not going to be expecting our characters to be a lot stronger). Plus considering Van's enigmatic nature, I don't think he is going to just give up the DBs either.

Anyway, I was thinking of posting a sparring sequence between Zaito and Kura before they leave the HTC. Any objections to anything here?

Advanced Trainer

No objections here. As long as it's fair.

Oh, just a reminder to everyone about Kura (if you use her in your posts). Due to the events of her past, Kura doesn't really trust anyone, especially other Saiyans (since she was exiled from Ninjin and then betrayed by a group of Earth Saiyans as well). After the betrayal and murder of her husband, she felt that she was incapable of protecting anyone and decided, from then on, to only take responsibility for herself. Because of this, she is a prime example of self-serving behavior and rarely does anything that doesn't have some benefit for her. (And yes, the fact that she saved Basawe is quite out-of-character for her and she's just as confused about it as you are, I'm sure )

However, she's not totally heartless. She's also a lot more calm and collected then Retasu and has a has a tendency for dry humor or sarcasm.

She currently has a Dragonball (the Two-star I believe) and, much like the others, has no intention of giving it up anytime soon.

Anyway, I guess that's Kura in a nutshell in terms of how to include her in your posts. I don't care what people do as long as she's not extremely OOC. (Guess I should've posted this earlier, huh? XD )

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Espeon View Post
    Because of this, she is a prime example of self-serving behavior and rarely does anything that doesn't have some benefit for her.
    So you basically modeled her after yourself irl? *runz*
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

So you basically modeled her after yourself irl? *runz*
    Hardy har f*** you har. >,<

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Well what are we waiting for then? Let's get Gamma active, have Retasu steal his DR programming while she's alone, get group one out and get the show on the road! ^_~

EDIT-On another note I was reading back over some of this and just remembered that Blade mentioned that Rothax has FIVE forms 0_0
    I think it's safe to say that:
    Base=Goku vs. Nappa (OVER 9000!!!)
    2nd Form=Vegeta vs. Goku (Ranges 20K-34K)

Where exactly is that going to put forms 3-5 then?
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 17th December 2009 at 04:48 AM.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post

Where exactly is that going to put forms 3-5 then?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsC5wX0LRY
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

Care to put that in layman's terms for the people who can't use You Tube due to a shitty ass 49.2 Kbps dial up connection from Cincinnati Bell?

why wub woo Moderator

It's Second-Form Frieza saying '1 million' over and over again. It's an unfunny response to the original Over 9000! video.

Elite Trainer

Yeah I think I know the video now that you've told me about it. Come on James.....that the best you can do?

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Give me some time Rudy, I need a nap soon before my second job, but most likely either sat or sun Ill be able to post, now that Ive given E2 a much needed post SU is next

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Veteran Trainer

Rothax's power level won't reach THAT high, but it's safe to say that by his fourth form, Rothax will be pulling out 6-digit power levels with ease.

I have a plan for how the fight between second-form Rothax and Kura, Sandor, and Zaito (and Gamma?) will go while the others are in the Time Chamber, but I have to talk to Heald first. And anyway, for now we needn't worry about that - we have Retasu's and Basawe's substories to get out of the way first, and even by the time the battle DOES roll around, neither side will be falling very quickly.

One thing I want to clarify: the rematch with the Kwalis. They're on the way to the lookout. The lookout that's 60 miles in the sky. And hovering over the Tower of Plot Importance. They won't be a match for Kura, Sandor, and Zaito once they're out of the Time Chamber, but they're too stupid to find the lookout without trashing the tower first, thinking the power levels they sense are there. Which means that anybody not in the Chamber right now who can sense them coming had better try and hold them off.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    It's Second-Form Frieza saying '1 million' over and over again. It's an unfunny response to the original Over 9000! video.
    That's harsh man, I thought it was pretty funny! I just thought it was appropriate in context with the current conversation about Rothax's forms

But sorry Mr Seriouspants!

Anyway, I guess now that Hammer had a senzu bean he can participate in the fight to hold the Kwalis at bay. Who else is at the lookout that isn't in the chamber? As far as I know it's Hammer, Shitagi, Victoria, Furuto, Basawe, and Retasu. Is this correct or am I missing someone?
    Last edited by Bear; 17th December 2009 at 05:56 PM.
    -Benjamin Franklin

why wub woo Moderator

Sorry, I meant a less funny video. It didn't have as good an execution as the original OVER 9000! video had.

Also, I was in an INCREDIBLY bad mood earlier. My bank has literally stuck its finger up at me and told me to get bent.
    Last edited by Heald; 17th December 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Elite Trainer

Who else is at the lookout that isn't in the chamber? As far as I know it's Hammer, Shitagi, Victoria, Furuto, Basawe, and Retasu. Is this correct or am I missing someone?
    Well group one (Zaito, Sandor and Kura) is about to come out and group two is about to go in. As it stands group two is looking like it'll be Shitagi, Retasu, Basawe and one more person with Shitagi in paticular trying to push for two hours. If Hammer is up for it he can be #4. The only way I could see Shitagi and company fighting the Kwali brothers is if the two brutes attack just as the first group is on the way out and before the second group can get prepared/enter.

Elite Trainer

Perhaps a way to get the battle in is to have them arrive before the other group emerges, and the others have to hold them back. However, just as things begin to turn for the worse, the other group emerges from the Chamber. The Kwalis will be outmatched and have to split. Does this work, or are the Kwalis too dumb to run away? Just an idea, we don't have to do it that way.

Oh and yes, Hammer will most decidedly want to go in the chamber
    -Benjamin Franklin

why wub woo Moderator

Hmm. Maybe they could be led away under the pretence that they will be given their Dragonballs. After all, Kura has taken one into the chamber (and therefore it is undetectable by any radar) and Basawe has the 4-star. Then they could hold them out long enough for Zaito and Kura to bust out and finish them off. After all, by the time the Kwalis arrive, there will be at most 5 to 10 minutes left for Zaito and Kura left in the HTC.

Also, bear in mind Furuto will have a religious attitude to defending the Lookout. He will definitely want to head the Kwalis off before they can even SEE the Lookout. Even if you guys don't go, he will feel he absolutely must go.
    Last edited by Heald; 18th December 2009 at 08:46 AM.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Hmm. Maybe they could be led away under the pretence that they will be given their Dragonballs. After all, Kura has taken one into the chamber (and therefore it is undetectable by any radar) and Basawe has the 4-star. Then they could hold them out long enough for Zaito and Kura to bust out and finish them off.
    I like that. Basawe and Furuto can distract them (Basawe's power level should be high enough by now to be on even ground with one of them.), then Zaito and Kura can come and finish the job.

On a more serious note, I think we should address the activity of two people in this RPG: CEB (Sandor) and Outlaw JT (Batuo). They've been absent for far too long. Must we continue to carry their characters for them? Batuo is already pretty much forgotten; Sandor doesn't seem that vital anymore, either.

What should we do?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe