Thread: HeartGold & SoulSilver will be the next English TCG expansion.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default HeartGold & SoulSilver will be the next English TCG expansion.

First and foremost I would like to thank Jeff and Gabi for all their help.

Now then on to the News at hand: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver will be the next English expansion. It's due for release Feb. 10.

According to Bulbanews, who found out about it at the online store Intrafin, HeartGold & SoulSilver will be the next English expansion.

HeartGold & SoulSilver brings many new mechanics to the Trading Card Game.

1. Pokémon LV.X are no longer present; they are now replaced by Pokémon Prime.

2. Pokémon LEGEND are another new type of powerful Pokémon introduced, which reflects the namesake of the new TCG era.

3. Trainer cards are now reclassified as Goods cards, resulting in three separate classes of what used to be Trainer cards.

Similarly to Supporter cards and Stadium cards, which were color-coded orange and green respectively after their reclassification in Diamond & Pearl, Goods cards are now color-coded blue. For the purpose of this and future checklists, Goods cards are marked as "G". The illustration window on all of these cards is now also gold instead of silver.

The set is to come with many different promotional merchandise, much like expansions released previously. Released with the set are the HeartGold & SoulSilver Blister Pack containing three boosters from HeartGold & SoulSilver and one promotional card, the Spring 2010 Collector Tins with four boosters and one of three Pokémon Prime promotional reprints, and the HeartGold & SoulSilver Poster Pack containing two boosters and either a Lugia or a Ho-Oh promo card - plus two promo packs, and a HeartGold & SoulSilver poster. All these products will be in stores Feb. 10, 2010.

Source: Bulbanews and Intrafin, but they seem to have removed the info. I'm guessing it was a leak.

~Charles Legend
    Last edited by Jeff; 22nd November 2009 at 03:31 PM.
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: HeartGold & SoulSilver will be the next English TCG expansion.

Thanks for the update, Charles! This sounds like an interesting new set. I'll look forward to seeing some of the individual cards to get a feel for the set's strength.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I was kind of hoping for the return of Light cards and Light as a Pokemon type.

On this card note, as soon as I fail my test to-morrow, I'll upload the card of the week there X3
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Yeah I read that as well, didn't check if it was gone.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well there is still a chance for Light Pokemon may return, anyways
    the second Legend set is named Reviving Legend. which was also the same name used for Neo Revolution when it came out in Japan, Apparently this time around they decided not only to remake Gold and silver but also their TCG sets something they should have done with FireRed and LeafGreen in stead of having them just be a part of the Pokemon EX set. -_-

Anyways Reviving Legend is to be released Feb. 11 in Japan

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates