View Poll Results: Do you think this is the best thread on TPM?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 30.77%
  • NO

1 7.69%
  • WTFITS

1 7.69%
  • RAINBOW SNOWCONES

7 53.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views!]

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Default Re: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views

In the UK, you have to pay a yearly fee to watch live TV. It goes to the BBC, which is why there are no adverts on any of their channels. But you have to have one in order to watch anything on TV. Note how I said live TV. You can watch catch up TV without needing a TV license. This is how Chris saves money by not needing to buy a TV license.

But, weirdly, you need one in order to use game consoles. Strange, I know, but hey.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views

...That is absolute nonsense.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

It's interesting, though, since they're calling for the BBC to tell everyone what they spend that money on. It's about Ł150 per the majority of households across the UK. It would be very interesting to see what it reveals.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

I Finnished last Moderator

Enough with the British TV talk, watching Code Geass from the internet made me happy today, I was actually able to grasp some of the plot and got why one of my friends recommended it to me!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    ...That is absolute nonsense.
    I have to concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu View Post
    Enough with the British TV talk, watching Code Geass from the internet made me happy today, I was actually able to grasp some of the plot and got why one of my friends recommended it to me!
    Discovering a new TV/movie/novel/comic book series is great fun. Recently got into Mad Men, now have charged through all five seasons and am hanging out for season six.

Anyone made any recent discoveries that they would recommend?
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

The real Shonta Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Anyone made any recent discoveries that they would recommend?
    The 70s Lupin anime (both red and green seasons) are available on Hulu. One of the few shows on there that I think is worth the annoying commercial breaks.

Not sure what's available worldwide. I've been watching Classic Doctor Who on Netflix and it's great...but strangely there are no Dalek episodes. What gives?
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

I recently watched the anime Gurren Lagann for the first time.

It's really pretty cool if you can endure the earlier episodes... or if you can't. You won't miss too much.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

This new format threw me off. It's not April 1 here yet so it took me a few moments to figure out what I was looking at.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

red apple Re: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views

Quote Originally Posted by mattbcl View Post
    This new format threw me off. It's not April 1 here yet so it took me a few moments to figure out what I was looking at.
    Mission accomplished.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

To me, this was the most obvious April Fools ever, since Ponymasters was mentioned before.

Everypony, somepony and nopony.

I'd like to see if that 'word glitch' stays after today, I have seen something like this in other forums as well but don't know how it works in practice.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

So I have gotten into Doctor Who for the first time ever. Any other Whovians out there?
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

No, I have never watched Doctor Who although I have had months of time after that post of yours, Gavin.

It's so quiet here in Fanfic, which only reflects the general quietness around here at TPM. My writing projects were always too ambitious, it makes them almost impossible to finish. But I somehow was tempted to continue 'Pokemon and Death Note' or 'Sinuhe the Trainer' yesterday, don't know why. The most difficult thing I faced in those crossovers was that I felt like I was just unoriginal, re-doing the original plots.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

How come no one has posted here since April? Where is everyone?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I finally defended my thesis yesterday! So now I only have to write Spanish summaries of all chapters in my thesis (an annoying task, but the last annoying task!) and then it's just a matter of paperwork for me to officially get my PhD!

And then I'll get back to writing again, because I really, really miss writing fantasy rather than science.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Well congratulations Gabi!

I will be busy preparing my Japanese course, but still I think I will have some time for TPM. Some time.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

...It's been years. Far too many years. You'd think that I would have more to say after all this time away. And yet, now that I'm actually here, staring at the blinking cursor, my mind is as blank as the text box before me.

Would it be reprehensible for my first Fanfiction post after all this time to be a surface-level "How have you been?"

I suppose that in a Smiley Town thread that I started over a decade ago, which apparently hasn't received any posts in almost eight years, anything is better than nothing, so let's just go with that.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Welcome back mr_pikachu! I can't find words, it's been so long!

As far as writing is concerned, I was planning a fanfic of some sorts to celebrate my 20th TPM anniversary but I couldn't make it so I just spammed and necroed Pyhätunturi threads. I also plan to write a more extensive and accurate autobiography but I won't prolly release it sooner than on my 40th birthday.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yeah, I can definitely understand that, Mikachu. Honestly, right now, I'm just trying not to cry. I'm not having much success in that department.

Even if the sheer volume of activity on TPM isn't what it once was, it's home. That won't ever change.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Yes, TPM is also my internet home. Ever since I joined here in 2001, I wanted to post more and more. Every time when I check Who's Online and when I see the old threads and I click on them and memories flow into my mind. Perhaps it's in my nature, I found TPM a great way to express myself even though English isn't my first language. I have met so many awesome people here and because this forum has users all around the world, it has also had a big impact on my picture of the world. This forum has an unique history and a rich cultural base.