Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
I've had that conversation too many times to count, myself. When I was working toward my bachelor's (which I completed just before I turned 21, the legal drinking age in the U.S.), I sometimes just told people I was underage to avoid the hassle. Unfailingly, though, they would ask something along the lines of, "Well, you're going to be doing plenty of drinking when you turn 21, right?" and the annoying conversation would ensue anyway. I eventually stopped trying to play the "I'm not legal!" card, because it only made the discuss last even longer.

These days, most people end with some sort of bewildered (or skeptical) compliment. Some instead work all the harder to push alcohol on me. It's strange.
I've never understood why people push alcohol on other people. Or drugs or anything else for that matter.

I had the same experience last year and into early this year when I had 13 months completely sober. People were constantly asking "why?" and "just have one", etc.

Apparently your own health and beliefs aren't good enough reasons for these people.