View Poll Results: Do you think this is the best thread on TPM?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 30.77%
  • NO

1 7.69%
  • WTFITS

1 7.69%
  • RAINBOW SNOWCONES

7 53.85%

Thread: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views!]

Hybrid View

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin

Quote Originally Posted by mattbcl View Post
    Brian: See, it seems like a joke, but in fact I do get annoyed when I pass from the waking world into sleep, because just enough of me is aware of it happening that it gets me incensed. Then typing somehow becomes an automatic thing. My hands keep going. Maybe I should try to save instances where that happens... I can recall three separate cases this past year where my hands were typing out a description of what I was seeing in the dream I was having. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I didn't keep it!
    ...You're actually able to accurately sleeptype? I thought you meant that your fingers kept hitting keys, forming a long string of fggngggggggggghghghhghhhggggggggggggg. How do your hands even stay in the right positions on the keyboard?

Also, I never remember falling asleep. My memory stops at a point that I assume is the beginning of my fade-out period. I have had some rough I-didn't-mean-to-fall-asleep experiences, though... some of the worst were the ones where I was playing Pokemon in bed, I hadn't saved for awhile, and the battery died before I woke.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    ...You're actually able to accurately sleeptype? I thought you meant that your fingers kept hitting keys, forming a long string of fggngggggggggghghghhghhhggggggggggggg. How do your hands even stay in the right positions on the keyboard?
    Yeah, I can do it, but I'm not sure I would consider it a talent. As for how my fingers stay where they're supposed to, I wish I had a proper answer for you there. The best I have to offer is I did take a couple classes that attempted to, for lack of better terminology, teach our fingers how to remember where they are on the keyboard. Home keys and all that nonsense. Plus, the more tired I get, the more my fingers cling to specific locations on the board... might not be all nonsense after all.

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Brian: Oh my, you've just triggered my memory lane with that experience. It would be annoying to capture a legendary (after wasting 60 ultra balls), fall asleep without saving and on the next day, plug the GBA, attempt it again and only waste 5 Ultra balls to capture it.

Matt: What an amusing paradox you have there. Have you tried writing a novel while falling asleep? *is serious when asking*

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
    Matt: What an amusing paradox you have there. Have you tried writing a novel while falling asleep? *is serious when asking*
    Well, I've been in the middle of writing when I got so drowsy that I started to sleep-type, yes (I think that's what you asked). I've never tried compiling anything I write that way, though. Maybe I should do that for a NaNo project next year, just put together everything I wrote while snoozing and try to weave it all together in a massive mosaic of WTF'ery.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

It would still make more sense than The Life of a Headless Mole! Not that being more rational than Jimm should necessarily be the goal -- nor that it's necessarily a good thing, as he certainly knew how to draw the laughs from me with his inanity -- but it would undeniably make more sense.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.