View Poll Results: Do you think this is the best thread on TPM?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 30.77%
  • NO

1 7.69%
  • WTFITS

1 7.69%
  • RAINBOW SNOWCONES

7 53.85%

Thread: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views!]

Hybrid View

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views

Last night I wrote 3 pages of material. This is pretty amazing, given that I haven't really felt inspired to write until this past weekend.

Why? Well, because of this: my Dungeons & Dragons group is known for epic ridiculousness, but we played from 6 pm Saturday evening until about 3 am Sunday morning with perhaps only 2 or 3 breaks in between. One of our members, a school bus driver, had to go home because he was about to pass out (his biological clock was screaming at him to go to bed), and as these things so often seem to happen, the most epic turn of events began happening after he left. For about 15 minutes during this debacle, everybody in the room - including our fair and benevolent Dungeon Master - was convinced that a member of our PC party was going to die horribly (DM said with finality in his voice, "Oh, he's definitely going to die"). Instead, fate seemed to be on this character's side and permitted him an escape from such an end at the last moment, but his actions have now condemned the entire capital city in which our party has been adventuring.

During this whole exchange, two of us were on our feet and pacing about the room nervously, waiting with total anxiety for the end of the confrontation. Nobody expected this character to survive, and yet he managed to get away from an otherwise inescapable enemy. At the end of it was a large exhalation from the entire group, and we all found ourselves regretting that our bus driver couldn't have been there for it - but I was inspired by the events, and so I said, "Nobody tell him. I'll write it."

You can probably guess that 3 pages doesn't nearly cover everything (you may have noticed my penchant for excruciating detail). But it's a good start, and I'm planning to have the drabble complete by Wednesday evening.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: Smiley Town, Episode II: Attack of the Grin [Now with over 1.5 million page views

Quote Originally Posted by mattbcl View Post
    Last night I wrote 3 pages of material. This is pretty amazing, given that I haven't really felt inspired to write until this past weekend.

Why? Well, because of this: my Dungeons & Dragons group is known for epic ridiculousness, but we played from 6 pm Saturday evening until about 3 am Sunday morning with perhaps only 2 or 3 breaks in between. One of our members, a school bus driver, had to go home because he was about to pass out (his biological clock was screaming at him to go to bed), and as these things so often seem to happen, the most epic turn of events began happening after he left. For about 15 minutes during this debacle, everybody in the room - including our fair and benevolent Dungeon Master - was convinced that a member of our PC party was going to die horribly (DM said with finality in his voice, "Oh, he's definitely going to die"). Instead, fate seemed to be on this character's side and permitted him an escape from such an end at the last moment, but his actions have now condemned the entire capital city in which our party has been adventuring.

During this whole exchange, two of us were on our feet and pacing about the room nervously, waiting with total anxiety for the end of the confrontation. Nobody expected this character to survive, and yet he managed to get away from an otherwise inescapable enemy. At the end of it was a large exhalation from the entire group, and we all found ourselves regretting that our bus driver couldn't have been there for it - but I was inspired by the events, and so I said, "Nobody tell him. I'll write it."

You can probably guess that 3 pages doesn't nearly cover everything (you may have noticed my penchant for excruciating detail). But it's a good start, and I'm planning to have the drabble complete by Wednesday evening.
    Now I'm intrigued.

I keep thinking about Quest of Twelve and how I still have to write the final chapter... but then I think about all the other things I should be doing and... I'm afraid it'll have to stay on hold, probably for a few more months.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Now I'm intrigued.
    I got the piece done yesterday after a titanic push that involved another 10 pages. Considering posting it here for scrutiny.