Brian: See, it seems like a joke, but in fact I do get annoyed when I pass from the waking world into sleep, because just enough of me is aware of it happening that it gets me incensed. Then typing somehow becomes an automatic thing. My hands keep going. Maybe I should try to save instances where that happens... I can recall three separate cases this past year where my hands were typing out a description of what I was seeing in the dream I was having. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I didn't keep it!

Gavin: Drinking is a prevalent activity where I live, because it's a middling town for size and people who drink excessively justify it by saying, "There's nothing else to do here!" Total BS, of course. But among my circle of friends, there's absolutely no pressure, which I love.

You mentioned peer pressure, and I did experience that for a long while - from my co-workers, of all sources. One in particular was quite adamant that he was going to see me consume a beer before the end of his employment. (He never did. I've never had a drink.) Then he got the axe for calling in sick all the time... dude couldn't hold his liquor. There's a certain poetic justice here, and it only served to reinforce my resolve.