Thread: The countdown has officially started: Pokémon HG/SS gets a release date!

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default The countdown has officially started: Pokémon HG/SS gets a release date!

Well it's finally official. In a December 14th report, Gamespot has reported that Nintendo has put out their release schedule for the first quarter of 2010. The report has Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver listed with a US release date of March 14th, 2010. As for the European market there is still no official word other than the fact that it's going to be a second quarter release. However seeing that Pokémon Platinum saw it's European release two months to the day after the US release, it may be safe to say that we're currently looking at a May or June release for them.

Let the countdown and pre-orders commence!
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: The countdown has officially started: Pokémon HG/SS gets a release date!

Yup, time to put that countdown timer back on the site!
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The countdown has officially started: Pokémon HG/SS gets a release date!

Well that's good for you guys, I'll only be going 'WAHOO!!!' when I hear the European release date.

At least I've got some stuff to write about for Friday.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Uh... March 14th is a Sunday? Do they release games on a Sunday? O_o

I only know this because that's exactly a week before my birthday... <_<;;

GameStop told me beginning of April when I preordered this past week. *shrugs* I'd be very pleased if it does indeed come out March 14th. Early birthday present from Nintendo. =D

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

Cloyster Moderator

Yeah, Nintendo games have usually come out on Sunday.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Cheesecake! Moderator

Mark your calendars boys and girls, Generation 2 is making its triumphant return.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
    GameStop told me beginning of April when I preordered this past week. *shrugs* I'd be very pleased if it does indeed come out March 14th. Early birthday present from Nintendo. =D
    The general rule with Gamestop dates is never take them as official until you've heard the official date straight from the publisher. If the publisher is only giving an estimate such as "Second Quarter, 2010" then Gamestop will waste no time in setting the game up as "Release date: 4/1/10"

They do that so that it'll be in their computer system for the pre-orders but as I'm sure you can imagine it causes a ton of problems. When WoW: Cataclysm was announced on August 23rd they had a release date of 11/1/10 up on Gamestop's website within 24 hours. Because of this Act-Bliz got flooded with questions/complaints at Blizcon and on their website since the developers had said that they plan to have it out before Blizcon 2010. They actually had to force GS to put a disclaimer up saying that it's an unofficial date.

So yeah.....never trust a Gamestop date. I've had more than a few cases of being told a date by them and then when I ask if it's official the first words I usually hear are "Well you see.....", "I don't know" or a flat out lie/asspull :-/

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    The general rule with Gamestop dates is never take them as official until you've heard the official date straight from the publisher. If the publisher is only giving an estimate such as "Second Quarter, 2010" then Gamestop will waste no time in setting the game up as "Release date: 4/1/10"

They do that so that it'll be in their computer system for the pre-orders but as I'm sure you can imagine it causes a ton of problems. When WoW: Cataclysm was announced on August 23rd they had a release date of 11/1/10 up on Gamestop's website within 24 hours. Because of this Act-Bliz got flooded with questions/complaints at Blizcon and on their website since the developers had said that they plan to have it out before Blizcon 2010. They actually had to force GS to put a disclaimer up saying that it's an unofficial date.

So yeah.....never trust a Gamestop date. I've had more than a few cases of being told a date by them and then when I ask if it's official the first words I usually hear are "Well you see.....", "I don't know" or a flat out lie/asspull :-/
    Never trust ANY source until there's an official announcement.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Telume View Post
    Never trust ANY source until there's an official announcement.
    Most people seem to know this but still......when it comes to Gamestop anyway you'd be surprised at how many people I've seen over the years go "But Gamestop said the date is _____!"
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

oh my god let's get a real date so i can add it to google calendar plz

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by destructive View Post
    oh my god let's get a real date so i can add it to google calendar plz
    *points back up to his first post*
    Confirmed as March 14th......

I'd like to make a note that, as opposed to years of neglect, we WILL be getting the shiny toy that comes with the game. Pokewalker action