I was gonna post a bunch of stuff about the safari zone, and then realized we are heading off topic.

I've rethought the issues, and come to a new potential solution. This one is less change from the current system, in fact, part of it is what some people believe the the current system does. You could reward the refs based on pokemon reffed. This applies to both the above situations.

If there is a 10v10 battle, and both trainers are on their fourth pokemon, with one below 55%, and a trainer gets disqualified, award the ref 8 points. The ref has done just as much as if it was a 5v5 where both trainers are on their fourth pokemon with one below 55%, but currently, they are treated differently.

Secondly, for an NvN battle, treat that as if the ref had reffed N/2 battles under the current ref reward system. That way, reffing an 8v8 is the same as reffing 4 2v2 battles. In the situation above (the 10v10 that gets disqualified and is effectively a 4v4), it would be treated as 2 battles.

The advantages of this system over the previous one is that there is no situation that does not currently exist where it would be beneficial to tell the players to stall. There is still the problem of double battles/melee brawls that needs to be figured out, but for the case of the DQing case, that isn't an issue. (Or, it's as much of an issue as it is under the current system)

I know I'm suggesting some rather odd changes, but there is logic behind them.

tl;dr - What if we base rewards on the # of pokemon he has reffed for?