Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HG/SS is OUT!

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: HG/SS is OUT!

Copypasta from kainashi's "where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?" topic (should we go post our game progress in there from now on?):

Quote Originally Posted by Yours Truly
    Anyhoo, I'm below Goldenrod City, about to level Muscle (the Machop you get from Jose in the department store if you give him a Drowzee) to level 18. I'm thinking about going after Whitney and Co. in the Gym after that.

The rest of my crew consists of Croconaw, Pidgeotto, Geodude, Flaaffy, and Oddish.
    Oh, and another thing: I saw on Serebii a little earlier that NOE (Nintendo of Europe) says that the Dutch language versions of "HG/SS" will be delayed due to a fatal save game glitch.

Official story at the official Belgian Nintendo site (According to a translation I looked at via Google Translate, they don't explicitly say what's wrong there, though.)
    Last edited by Starry Might; 26th March 2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Tagged the link wrong at the end >_>

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

UPDATE!!!

I just defeated Clair (Which is the name of my EX, so I feel good about it too)

I have Typhlosion, Umbreon, Cloyster, and Vileplume all in the early 60's.

Go team!

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Crap. Delay.

Sure, the french part of belgium gets them..

Fucking french.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I still haven't tried to progress after finishing the last of the Johto badges. Rocking Saf Zone. Got my Kanga. Screw the fact that Magmar is a tard and wont stay in the Safari Ballz

Currently looking for that Free Lvl 20 Lapras in Union Cave which is AGGRAVATING SINCE I CANT FIND IT ><. Then its off to breed 7 eevees..and to find all my Ditto's so nature breeding will be easy and efficient.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

DL, Lapras only is available on Friday nights in the Union Cave. At night I believe.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I want to have it but I don't have a DS.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Screw the fact that Magmar is a tard and wont stay in the Safari Ballz
    There are wild Magmar in Burned Tower.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hey guys, I've decided from now on, I'm gonna post my adventures in "SoulSilver" in the other topic. That's okay, right?

Oh, and I noticed there was a "NEW" link next to the page numbers under the topic title. Is that a new (hee-hee!) feature? This is the only topic I've noticed it on, though.

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Looks like the NEW link appears on topics that have new posts, and it takes you to the first new post. I'm pretty sure we already had a link like that...but this one's a lot more visible.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Not sure if I should post my experience in this topic, or in the other one...

Even though the Dutch release of HG/SS was postponed until last Friday, I managed to get my copy of SS on the European release date itself. It seems one or more batches contained that fatal glitch, so Nintendo decided to call back all batches, but somehow my friend managed to get a copy for both himself and I, just before that happened. Apparently, the bug also caused some system crashes in the Nintendo DS itself, and some toy stores already got sued for letting them sell the games (including the Intertoys company). I guess it was just a lucky batch we encountered. Because from what I have read/been told, was that HG gave a fatal saving error right at the beginning of the game, whereas SS would deal with that same problem later in the game. So far, neither of us have had any trouble at all...

Anyway, some 54 game hours (=8 game days) later, I managed to win all the 16 badges, but something funny has occurred to me before entering Mt Moon just last night. I was just battling/catching some wild Gulpin and Jigglypuff on Route 3, and I wanted to heal my team at the Center. However, Nurse Joy immediately started to talk about that I was infected with the Pokerus. Did my eyes deceive me? Finally I have encountered what I was hoping for many, many years! So in the meanwhile, I'm busy to spread the virus through all of my Pokemon . Including my helpful Legendary-catcher Darkrai (long live the combo Hypnosis+Nightmare & Bad Dreams trait) ^^.
    Returned after 5 years absence: 2009/2010

AKA PsychicLugia (or whatever)

Cool list 2001 (should have transferred them, somehow):

Pharod Wearer of Gandalf Hats, dinoleaf, Konnix, KTE, Angelic Brat, Falco, DarkFlame, dark_flame, vOlTaGE 09, PsychicShell200, [Knuckles], Dark Jedi, Cheens, Austrian ViceMaster Alex, Meg Launch, Kiiwi, Perfect Mewtwo, Jay Umbreon, DkG & PROOF