Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
@Everoy. It's like a cross between Minesweeper and Sudoku.
brb buying 10 copies

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Since people have been posting their progress, just thought I'd say...

It's official. Lance has gone down (game time 43:34). Now onward to Vermilion!
Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
Whitney's Miltank went down like a rock down a hill. I don't remember her being that easy.
My Dad has gotten to Azalea Town this morning before he went to work, and he's saved at the beginning of the Slowpoke Well.

All I got so far is a Zephyr Badge and some Unown/items from the Ruins of Alph.

I'M A SLOW PLAYER!! (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Everoy View Post
Wow, being able to get Mareep before Falkner makes him SO much easier. They probably did it because every version's had at least one pokemon you could get before the first gym to make it easy as cake except for GSC.
I used Mareep (Level 11, I think) against Falkner's Pidgeotto, and although I had to support her with a Potion, I won the fight okay. (Pidgeotto's Roost made me had to blast him a few times to knock him down, though.)

I have to agree with you there some, though...in "GSC", Rock-types were available to use against Falkner (though I think you might have been able to get Mareep for the Gym by trading with another game that's gone further than that...I've personally never done it, though).

BUT, he outfitted his birds with Mud-Slap back then, which, IMHO, makes the actual fight with him HARD if you used the "correct" type, 'cause Geodudes are slow, Onix lacks a super-effective move at the level you would fight the Gym at (I think), and Mud-Slap lowers Accuracy with each hit! And I'm wondering now if using a different type of Pokemon, as long as they were fast and strong enough, makes a difference or not! Yow.