Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~* Yes or No *~ The RPG Idea Topic V2

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default ~* Yes or No *~ The RPG Idea Topic V2

[color=royalblue]
    Firstly, kudos to Ginger for originally coming up with this idea. Then, thank you to OutlawJT for repeating this topic and revamping it a bit. I believe we need a new topic now, and there will be another rule as well.

The introduction though!!
    This is the RPG Idea Topic V2! If you have an idea for an RPG, but aren't sure if people would be interested... post your idea here (using the form). You know the basic drill of how to do this anyways. There is just one extra rule.
    In order for you to post an RPG idea, you MUST comment on another idea first. This is a RULE. I will allow 10 free Idea posts... .(for the beginning of this topic) but afterwards, you must comment on an idea in order to post.
    So, here is the form:

Tentative Title:
    Basis: (basic idea for the world)
    Genre:
    Characters Needed: (what kind of beings need to participate)
    Basic Plot: (basic idea for the story)
    Other:

[Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Default Re: ~* Yes or No *~ The RPG Idea Topic V2

Seeing as theirs nothing to rate, i'll repost something from the old topic...

Tentative Title: Unknown
    Basis: FarCry, Battlefield 2, Crysis, Perfect Dark Zero, Goldeneye, War of the worlds,etc...
    Genre: Sci Fi /Shooter/Action
    Characters Needed: American Delta Squad, Chinese, General of the US Army, Chinese President(Dictator), John Carrington.
    Basic Plot:

The Year is 2020. All of the continents and countries have tensions between eachother: All of the countries in the European Union have combined to form one major country, called the European Union, with the capital being Brussels. Together,these two countries signed a treaty so that neither of them would fight eachother, effectivly creating the old "Allies" of WW2.
    On July 18th, 2020, Scientists predicted that a giant asteriod would crash land on a Island in Oceania. As fast as they could, the Chinese military, seeking world power, quickly sealed off the predicted island, and taking it over. Giant factories and weapon stations were produced, according to Satellite scans and overhead aerial pictures. It seemed as if the Chinese were trying to get ready to fight off an invasion...
    On July 24th, 2020, Prime Minister John Carrington launched a squad of the SAS to go in and investigate what has happened. It has been 6 days, and there has been no more report in from the SAS squad. The Prime Minister decided to ask President Billy Zimolka to launch a elite squad to investigate the chinese, the lost SAS squad, and the recently crash landed asteroid. But what neither of these two superpowers realizes that something is alive inside this asteriod, and have come to earth for a specific reason, to take it over. These aliens are only able to live in Extreme cold conditions, and when they come out of the asteriod, the immediate area is frozen, and something comes out. The Chinese Dictator quickly tries to form a treaty with the United States and Britian, wanting to fight off this thing...
    But will they survive?

Basically, one half of the story will be about the United States trying to find and investigate the asteroid and find the SAS. The second half will be A) Trying to escape and kill them, along with trying to find a new heating units for their suits to heat them up, along with new weapons (their guns have mostly frozen) LMK what you think, I've been working on it for a little bit so its not completely done.

EDIT: I'm going to add another idea, seeing as I have nothing else to do

Tentative Title: Unknown
    Basis: Saving Private Ryan, Battlefield 1942, Band of Brothers, etc..
    Genre: Shooter
    Characters Needed: 2 Officer Ranks (1 higher, one lower) A squad full of Enlisted Personal ( SGTs and lower), Enemies (Krauts)
    Basic Plot: Deep in the Battles of World War 2, The 2nd Ranger Division takes Pointe Du Hoc, Omaha Beach, and Utah (These will be playable in the beginning). After taking these strategic battles, General George Marshall decides that a valuable Paratrooper form 101st Airborne Division, Corporal John Zimolka, who got seperated from his other men, desperatly needs to be rescued. With the Coporal were strategic battle maps that the General was going to give to the Officers so they could seperatly get their troops ready for the attacks, and if he is captured, The Germans will have a head on advantage against the Allies.
    Colonel Avery Brown decides to send a team of 8 men to rescue the corporal, hoping that they will be able to catch the Corporal before the Axis can.

Raven The Jedi Bounty Hunter - Not a big fan of Military or FPS RPGs but maybe someone else might. Both might do well if you get enough people interested.

Tentative Title: Monster Realm University.
    Basis: Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh
    Genre: Science-Fiction/Fantasy
    Characters Needed: Pokemon Trainers/Digidestined or Tamers/Duelists.
    Basic Plot: For years scientists had to find ways to connect worlds together. But after a accident, a scientist by the name of Jenova Tempress found a portal to a world where all three worlds collide. Getting funds for an expedition. he and his crew searched over the world. What they found were Duel Monster, Pokemon and Digimon all inhabiting in the universe. This was the adventure of a lifetime. Even though he wanted to stay forever, he had to return back to Earth until one of his colleagues gave him a dimensional transmitter. For the next 10 years, he not only recorded the interactions between the monsters, he built a University for those who would be interested.

It is 2015, and the campus is finished. Sending out a e-mail to his favorite colleague, he sends him the transcripts of the whole journey. He also sends a package of invitations to be sent out to those who are interested. But he sends a message telling Gregor that evil must not learn about this world or all his efforts will perish.

A couple weeks later, kids from around the world receive letter inviting them to a brand new school which just appeared out of nowhere. It promises adventure and surprise around every corner. The letter says to be at the Los Angeles Airport and Spaceport in three days.

Who knows what will happen? The adventure is just the beginning ... and chaos is just trailing along.

Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've been meaning to get back into roleplaying here at TPM for a while now, mainly because it has more mature participants than Sppf. So I've been debating which RPG to try and set up, and I'm torn between reviving an old favourite or starting somehting fresh. Any opinions would be greatly appriciated.

Tentative Title: Curse of the Navari

Basis: Everything you care to know about demons, vampires and beings of the supernatural, but never asked
    Genre: Horror / Thriller / Mystery
    Characters Needed: A selection of demon/human hybrids, vampires, regular demons, and humans not realising how deep a mess they're in

Basic Plot: Mostly running as it did in the past, with a mainly open ended plot. basically, demon/human hybrids are born in every generation, and they are charged with the task of protecting humanity from other demons and beings which seek to destroy, enslave or generally cause chaos with the regular human types. Working alongside them, but mostly apart are a special government branch which investigate and try to understand the forces at work.

Other: I've a few ideas involving the Seven Deadly Sins, Heaven, Hell, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, stuff like that, but ultimately, the plot would be carried along by whoever took part and with whatever they could imagine.

Tentative Title: Star Wars: Guardians of the Force

Basis: Star Wars, for the most part, another open plot RPG
    Genre: Sci Fi / Adventure
    Characters Needed: Jedi Knights / Padawans

Basic Plot: Set way in the future (the grandchild of Jaina Solo being one of the members of the new Jedi Council giving a good indication of how far along it is) of the universe, it makes things a bit easier than trying to keep up with the constantly changing events of the novels and lets people act without trying to fit in with their canon. Everyone who signs up gets to take on two characters, a Jedi Knight and their Padawan apprentice, and then posts as the two as they interact and deal with situations that they come across, or the Jedi Council asks them to investigate (said council played by me, or just acted out by whoever wishes to be sent to do something official sounding)

Other: Rather than allowing the jedi the ability to do anything, a Knight and Padawn are given a set amount of points. Without exceeding the points, they can pick from a range of abilities that are then theirs to develop at will.

Raven - They seem like good RPGs, but I think that their basis on actual events of history might put some people off, with worry that if they don't know history well enough that they wont do as well in the RPG as you might hope for.

Inferno - I mean no offence by it, but I tend to find University/school RPGs are all very much similar, no matter what the original content behind it is. Unless it's something more than 'kids are recruited and some evil is swelling', they all tend to blue together and appear very unoriginal and samey.

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

R_L: I'd definitely join Curse of the Navari, though I'm assuming that you were intentionally ambiguous about what the players were actually fighting. I see where you were going. As far as the Jedi RPG goes...it doesn't seem like there would be a lot of player interaction...
    Cheers an way!

Tentative Title: Down a Rabbit Hole

Basis: Breaking the illusion/ Wonderland/ Lathe of Heavem
    Genre: Horror / Fantasy / Mystery
    Characters Needed: Humans, I think...maybe...and a dreamer.

Basic Plot: Set in the nearly distant future, I guess, with chrome skyscrapers (that actually scrape the sky) and all that. In every century there exists a dreamer, a person who dreams the world into being, a person that affects the walls of reality, changes it right from under us. But they don't know that their dreams change reality, and for the most part neither do any of us. Surely anyone that does catch on is soon sent to a loony bin.
    So the dreamer dreams and we remain blissfully unaware of the luckiest man in the world.
    But what if the dreamer has a nightmare?
    What if the dreamer is a small child, a lonely little girl?
    What then?
    What does it mean?
    Is she still real?
    Are we still real?

You play as a person, normal except for the occasional vivid bad dream, always with a little girl in some form or another. As of recently your dreams have intensified, amd so you are persuaded to go to a psychiatrist. Finally about to be cured, you see others standing in the room. You decide to ask him about it - you were unaware that it was a group meeting. He smiles and says to all of you, "Go to sleep - it will be over in a moment."
    But what if that moment never came?
    What if you had to kill a little girl for dreaming?
    Would you?

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

Well Since Curse of the Navari was my inspiration for Sins of the Blood id definitely be interested in that one.
    Glad to see ya back RL.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Plant of the Century Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

fireguardian, I merely wanted to comment since no one else has yet. That brief little preview is quite tantalizing; it seems more interesting than the other plots around, as many of yours have been. Suffice to say should I not be already overloaded with work, I would be glad to join such a surreal RPG as that.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Razor Leaf: I'd so be all over Curse of the Navari, assuming that I'd have the time. I don't know how my summer's going to pan out... but it sounds great.

fireguardian: Alice in Wonderland! Hell yeah, I love that book... Sounds very different and creative, very much an intellectual flavor to it. Again, if I have the time, you can expect me to be there.

pokemon4eva: Well, good effort, kiddo. I'd clean up the grammar and spelling, develop the idea, and try to work in some original content. Some background would be good, too, since I at least haven't the faintest idea what you're on about. I'd try joining others' RPGs before trying to do your own, though.

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

The Skull Patrol Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

The Name Is A.G.E.N.T.S

Plot.1 Years after the conflict of Knight (during the RGP there will be a story of the conflict) The Agents rebuild it's a new age new heroes a brand new world, evil is rebuilding too. Brand new from the Academy 12 students have to controll elements to aid in their life and decide their path the ones who will follow top Agent Green's footsteps and will never give up and use brains over brawn, or Red's footsteps and fight to the death with brawn over brains, or to follow Gray into the darkside.
    Green's followers can make inventions and can drive, Red's follower's cant drive but have adrenaline, Gray's followers can drive and have darkness to give them an... overdrive. The choice is yours who to follow, but choose wisely only one choice

Required Characters: 16 any path

Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Fiction

"A A.G.E.N.T Fights without mistakes because mistakes will lead to death"-Agent Founder Dr.King

"Just Keep on the winning side."-Gray

"Stay true to your task don't regret your decision and never turn your back on your Team"-Green

"Fight till you can't fight no more"-Red

" Remember this my friends, Thou i may die physically I will live on." The Last words of the Junior Member Agent Jade.

Remember those words as you choose your path, so Good Luck

The rules are no cursing out other player's (I cant stress that enough) no copying any Video or T.V. characters (I know how much people use Cloud) no inappropriate names for characters and finally no acting like your invincible.

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Goal's in life:
    Code Name:
    Element:
    Weapon:
    Fav. Food: (I'm a cook in the game and I bet someone else will to.)
    Special AbilitiesMake someting up)
    Other:

It might be hard to understand like The movie The Last Samurai or The Matrix and Thanks for the helpful criticism Drusilla

Plot.2 OK I tell the conflict................It was just another mission for Agents Green, Red, Gray, and Jade but it was a big mission. To beat the top evil overlord Knight, but when they arrived it was a huge tower when they walked in the bottom floor there were lots of minions waiting for them but with Green's Lighting, Red's fire , Gray's darkness, and Jade's nature it was a piece of cake. 2nd floor had a specific enemy to fight Jade. Jade stayed the others went but his last words were " Remember this my friends, Though I may die physically I will live on." 3rd floor were 1000 million or the worlds best Swordsmen Red stayed. 4th was a enemy for Gray, but for Green top floor..... Knight, and his best fighters and they were using a weapon that Green can't heal after it hit. Then King had 1 choice, to blow up the tower....................Jade was shot to death, Red took half of the swordsmen with him, Gray........ well no one knows what happend to him....... Green he was living bomb and he detonated himself. The rest of the top agents disappeared and no trace was ever found of Any of the colored named agents except for Rainbow who is known as King.
    Have a nice day!!!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Pokemon4eva: It's hard to understand all right, hard to understand due to shoddy description, poor spelling, word mistakes(It's BRAWN not BRONZE), and still too little given backstory(c'mon, get into the nitty gritty details, make it interesting AND understandable).

Razor: GO CURSE!
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go.
    What was, what will be, and what is may yet fall under the Shadow
    Let the dragon once again ride on the winds of time.

Master Trainer

[color=royalblue]
    Razor: I'm all for the Curse! I wanna bring back my Draconic backstabber! GO CURSEY! WOO!

pokemon4eva: I agree what everyone has said thus far, but if you want my real opinion... you need to learn the basics of sentence structure and grammar before you can start RPing here on the boards. No one can understand what you're saying or trying to convey because the sentences are not properly put together. (Or they just are filled with punctuation and spelling mistakes). Granted, no one is perfected and I am absolutely horrible with grammar... but you could use some practice.
    [Please Send Tell]

The real Shonta Moderator

Okay, this is a very rough draft of an RPG I just came up with. It's funny of what you can come up with when you're bored.

Tentative Title: Rise of the Chimeras
    Basis: Pokemon/Full Metal Alchemist
    Genre: Action/Drama/Horror (?)
    Characters Needed: Chimeras (humans fused with Pokemon, Pokemon fused with other Pokemon), probably some Pokemon trainers
    Basic Plot: It's present day. The Pokemon world still presents many mysteries about both Pokemon and humans. The bond between them is becoming unstable as humans are willing to break every rule in order to understand Pokemon. Their labors give way to Chimeras, poor beasts that no longer know who or what they are. They long for a day when they either return to the life they yearn or find a new existence.
    Other: Please don't hurt me.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Beginning Trainer

I like the idea Classy i'd sign up Sandslash/pigeot for me
    Have a nice day!!!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Let's see, HE SAID IT WASN'T FINISHED!
    Also, let's see you PUNCTUATE AND CAPITALIZE things correctly. For example: I'm, I, ANY WORD AT THE BEGINNING OF A SENTENCE

PS: If you haven't heard, the Matrix wasn't complex, it was STUPID.

Also, that idea was NOT complex, it was poorly thought out and worded.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon4eva
    im getting ticked off i like things complicated some people have less of a plot than a sentance! Mine are hard to understand but if you think hard enough you'll understand it! JUST THINK!!! No spelling error's unless you dont have an updated spell check. I have a brain that has to always thinks complicated so if you saw the Matrix use your brain to use the same method to understand mine OK ok
    No one will understand if your plots are riddled with grammar and spelling problems. We all have lives outside of TPM and when we come to this forum, we participate in RPGs to relax and have fun. Minor spelling mistakes are cool but it becomes difficult if the whole post becomes hard to decipher. And believe me, your plots are short and hard to read. It needs to be simple yet comprehensive and don't give me that Matrix crap. Don't use a farfetched movie like that to make us understand the way you think. Your profile says your 26. Unless you're from a different country and English is a second language or you have a mental disability which makes it hard for you to properly spell, your excuse is moot

And kalad, please calm down. No need to get overheated

I like the idea, Shonta. I'll probably join when it starts up
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer

[color=royalblue]
    Yes Kalad... please calm down. I understand you are frustrated but keep your words and use of caps (etc) in check to avoid getting in trouble, k?

[Please Send Tell]

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I will, however, the post I was replying to is now gone.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur4
    [color=royalblue]
    Granted, no one is perfected and I am absolutely horrible with grammar...
    You can say that again ^_~ lol, we love you anyway!

pokemon4eva, if you would like help with editing and such, I'm availible most weekdays and will be until the last week of this month. I'm graduating June 1st, so that last week is going to be all exams and rehersals and stuff, then I should be going back to work... but this week and next I should be around a bit. I'll be around during the summer too, but probably not on a regular basis until August since I don't have internet access at my dad's house. August will be kinda crazy too, since I'm going to be visiting my mom and moving... But there's time between then and now. In any case, I'd be glad to help out if you'd like.

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I tried this little title once before. After buying Spaceballs, I figured I'd give it another go.

Title: Spaceballs Episode 1: The Phantom Doofus
    Basis: Spaceballs
    Genre: humour, action, um, humour.
    Characters needed: Schwarts masters, members of the Swap Group and random aliens, spaceballs, etc.
    Basic Plot:

Once Upon a Time Warp...

In a galaxy very, very, very, very far away, there lived a euthless race of beings known as, Spaceballs.

The planet Nabooboo has been placed under siege by th evil Swap Group, who wish to give Nabooboo to exchange some of their shabby (and obvioously counterfeit) clothing in exchange for all the tea on the planet. The monarchs of the planet refuse to give in, as most of the inhabitants of the planet would choose tea over air itself.

In an attempt to reason with the Swap Group (or kill them, I don't know which), a pair of Schwarts masters have been sent to 'negotiate' with the leader of the Swap Group. Unbeknownst to them however (but very well known by us), hte negotiations aren't going to be as simple as they hope (if it was, this would be a very short RPG).

That's it...you don't need to read anymore. Now RP GOOD DAMMIT!
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

ooooh a Spaceballs Rpg...now thats my kinda level lol. Get this going now...All Engines Ludicrous Speed!

"You are Ugly when you are angry!"

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Resident Stargate fan... Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Spaceballs! Wahoo! Something that I can like without trying! I'm joining.

Shows currently following:
    Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis-Friday
    EUReKA-Tuesday
    Xbox Live Gamertag: CommanderLock

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Haha, Spaceballs, awesome. I'd join if I have the time.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla
    You can say that again ^_~ lol, we love you anyway!

pokemon4eva, if you would like help with editing and such, I'm availible most weekdays and will be until the last week of this month. I'm graduating June 1st, so that last week is going to be all exams and rehersals and stuff, then I should be going back to work... but this week and next I should be around a bit. I'll be around during the summer too, but probably not on a regular basis until August since I don't have internet access at my dad's house. August will be kinda crazy too, since I'm going to be visiting my mom and moving... But there's time between then and now. In any case, I'd be glad to help out if you'd like.
    [color=royalblue]
    Don't you just love the irony my statement? Hee I thought it was a nice touch!
    [Please Send Tell]

Razor Leaf: Being a Star Wars nerd, i wouldn't mind a EU Star Wars RPG.

Banned

Anyway, as I've returned to RPing for a while, I've decided to contribute something to this topic. Mind you I've no plans of starting this myself (I don't think I could handle being in two RPGs and being responsible for a third). However, I'm willing to let others use this if they want.

The idea came to me when I developed a mild interest in Dungeons and Dragons. I've been reading how DMs do magic in their games, variations, additions, what not. So I ask myself "Is there a system in place for PLAYERS to..."

Well, here it is. The title is in the plot description

Basis: Harry Potter, school-based RPGs, and thoughts I’ve had when reading about D&D (partially)
    Genre: School-based, Fantasy
    Characters Needed: Soon to graduate students of a magic academy
    Basic Plot:

In the world of Gaia, magic is an all encompassing force. The elements, the physical, the immaterial, the very laws itself can be manipulated by the power of magic. However, magic before a time was not largely understood or mastered.

The understanding of magic is the purpose of the Master’s University, the number one place to delve and learn the most powerful and mysterious of arcane arts and anomalies. The discoveries and contributions of this university can be seen in many day to day applications of magic. However, its entry requirements are rather strict and their requirements for graduation are even stricter. Often, only 5% of the class ever graduate without requiring another year.

You are one of those soon-to-be graduates, a talented student who has taken most of the university in stride. You’ve learned their spells, mastered their laws of magic, peered into the strangest of magic phenomena without flinching. Sure things would get challenging from time to time, but with some studying or ingenuity you were generally able to get the work done. Nothing could touch you. You believed that you will be able to eat the graduation challenge for breakfast.

The Thesis

Extended students often whisper this under their breath as the day of May 10th arrives. The Thesis, the notorious Thesis. The assignment that tried them to their limit and forced them to stay behind another year. You try and ask them what it is, but as if they were under a spell (most likely) they blow you off and never explain. Alongside the Thesis is the mention of the Crisis, but again it is never explained what it is.

The day of May 10th arrives, and you finally understand. You understand the fear of the Thesis. You learned the spells, you’ve memorized the Laws and Rules of magic, you know the causes, probabilities, and results of magic anomalies. They prepared you for the Thesis, but you never see it coming.

To graduate, within two weeks you have to make your own spell; that is your Thesis. They give you the basics, the spells as examples, and the anomalies as things to look out for, all in order for you to create your own spell, your own potion.

Your own magic.

----------
    That’s kind of the basic plot, plus the inclusion of the Crisis. If anyone wants to use this themselves, just let me know and I can give you the basic idea I had in mind for the Crisis.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Heh, I was kind of expecting that response for Cursed. Good thing I started writing it up after posing here. A bit more detail now:

Tentative Title: Curse of the Navari : Judgement of the Damned
    Basis: In this world there exists more than just man. Demons have lived on the planet since long before the dinosaurs. Though they waned, they are now growing in number. Only a thinly spread race of human/demon hybrids stand in their way.
    Genre: Horror / Thriller / Controversy
    Characters Needed: As always, there's a list of demon types and vampire types to chose from (old favourites such as Draconis and Jharhin return), but as always, there's the option to create your own. Cursed and Vampires aside, there's also the ICE, a unit of special agents that investigate demons and stuff. Simply speaking:

Navari - aka Cursed. Half human half demon. Grr. Good guys!
    Nosferatu - aka Vampires. Sharp teeth. Grr. Bad Guys!
    ISE - aka Snowmen. Men in Black meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Err.. Guys (and gals!). They're not on anybody's side.

Basic Plot: OK.. after the nine paragraphs of history, there's a little about the main plot. ha, just a little, I don't want to give away too much. Basically, while humans are to distracted warring with each other, demons are on the rise. Standing between them and the silly weak humans are the Navari. The vampires have risen in number, and they live in underground labyrinths (instead of just sewers such as it was in the past RPGs). They are after a solution to their problems. Something that will wipe out the navari, and leave mankind on it's knees ripe for the picking. Something powerful, Something ancient, something... evil.
    Other: I've rewritten a lot of the background, so that is makes more sense. The whole origin of the Navari was too supernatural in the last version. I've cleaned up the demon and vampire lists, so their abilities and such are easier to understand. There's also a longer explanation of how vampires work. There'll be a lot to read for the this RPG, so be prepared for it. In post I also intend to keep track of important things, mainly the Time of Day (I found the old version on the forums, and it was one of UC's gripes)

Warning: I may offend people with the plot and RPG content, as I've basically re-written all religions as a scheme created by demons to force humans to do their bidding. The rpg itself may have a strong 'religious' plot line.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Dude, I will get up two hours early on workdays so I can get to the library before work if I have to in order to join this RPG. Consider me signed up, lol... *rubs hands* It sounds very, very yummy... much like my B&M storylines.

Beginning Trainer

Title: IGPX: Shoot for the gold

Basis: Many years into the great future Robots are used for racing in the IGPX Grand Prix. 3 kinds of bots Speed, Attack, and Defense. 3...2.....1.......Go!

Genre:Racing/Robots/Romance/and Action

Characters needed: an even amount of teams people make 3 characters each which make up 1 team. So teams will hate eachother and some will be allies.

Basic plot: your racing round tracks in slimmer gundams Your going the speed of sound and you HAVE to play dirty to win, You will be racing for the IGPX trophy.

Other: I'm half asleep so I probably made errors and my comp is freaky so I don't know when I will log back on and edit this hopefully everything came out perfect.

P.s. I'm all for the Curse I'll be a Navari and I'm for the Harry Potter thing too.
    Have a nice day!!!

Elite Trainer

pokemon4eva: Needs a lot of work. Take a look at other RPGs for ideas and see how it's done.

I've got a bit of an idea, but I'm not sure if I should do it. I wont give you much detail, but let's just say it's about feminism gone mad. Anyone wanting to know more, PM me.

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Been a while since I did an RPG. Maybe it's about time I got back into things!

Tentative Title: The "Marvel"ous Catastrophe
    Basis: Basically our world as we know it, time period is the present.
    Genre: Action/Adventure? (not really sure where to put it)
    Characters Needed: Some humans, but mostly SUPERHEROES (will explain in plot)
    Basic Plot: Well, this is an old idea that's been done before I'm sure. I just wanted to revive it because it's a solid one. Basically, all of the villains from your favorite Comics/Movies/etc have escaped from whatever respective confinement they had, and have banded together to attempt a <extremely original idea> WORLD TAKEOVER! </extremely original idea>. In response to this threat, all the superheroes must in turn band together to stop them! Who will emerge the winner? Only time will tell!

Ok, this isn't an all out battles-only RPG. I intend to have lots of plot development and adventure in it (hence the second half of the genre). I'd like to see battles though as well, which is why I put it partially under that heading. Also, superheroes don't have to be from Marvel comics. I just used that title for fun.
    Other: I was sitting around my house bored, trying to think of RPG ideas that would do well. When I stumped myself trying to think of new and original ideas, it dawned on me that my idea doesn't have to be ORIGINAL, it just has to be GOOD. I figured I'd keep it simple and use a theme everyone knew and loved! Hope y'all like the idea.
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Tentative Title: The Grail War
    Basis: Fate/Stay Night
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, with a dash of drama
    Characters needed: Magicians and Legendary heroes
    Basic plot: (this is just bare-bones for now)

Every sixty years, an event occurs amongst the magician families of the world. This event is called The Grail War, a brutal contest between magicians seeking the Holy Grail, which can grant a wish to the one who obtains it. The magicians, dubbed Masters, call upon the services of legendary heroes and heroines, dubbed Servants. This is the fifth Grail War, but, something is wrong, for it occuring merely ten years after the last...

Beginning Trainer

Love both Ideas (sry bout the argument awhile back) I'd be a Magician in yours kalad1. and for yours bear call me Ghost Rider(If he's a hero if not the Green Archer)
    Have a nice day!!!

Beginning Trainer

Tentative Title: Elemental Soul
    Basis:A world where Yu-gi-oh monsters are real called Tacrinous
    Genre:Adventure(in team form)/battles/action
    Characters Needed: at least one of each elemental hero(non fusion)
    Basic Plot: Elemental Heros have to do what they do best
    Other:n/a

heres the sign up stuff

Name:
    Hero:
    Equip Card:
    Partner: (teams of 2 please)
    Main enemy: (Will explain later)
    Last edited by pokemon4eva; 17th December 2006 at 08:46 PM.
    Have a nice day!!!

Elite Trainer

Depending on whether my Spaceball RPG keeps afloat *hint hint*, I'm thinking of doing another TPM RPG, inspired by American Mcgee's Alice. When I'll do htis depends on how long my Spaceball RPG lasts.

Tentative Title: ''Letters Home: The Broken Path"
    Basis: At the moment I am torn between a historical setting such as WWII and a far future setting on another world but the backdrop for the rpg will be that of a massive full scale war. War ravaged cities, dense forests and rolling hills crawling with battalions of enemy troops, the sounds of war always constantly raging (sometimes up close and personal but sometimes as an eery foreshadowing cascade of noise far in the distance).
    Genre: War Drama
    Characters Needed: Soldiers of varying backgrounds and specialties.
    Basic Plot: The Broken Path will follow the escapades of a special forces unit sent on a long harrowing journey behind enemy lines into the heart of their enemies stronghold on a mission to recover something that could turn the tides of war against them should the enemy learn it's secrets. All of this as told through the soldier's letters home to their family and friends.
    Other: All posts in the RPG will be written in the format of your character's letters home to their family and friends.

Elite Trainer

Title: I can’t think of a title right now (suggestions are encouraged)
    Basis: TPM, American McGee’s Alice
    Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Horror
    Character Needed: you, the Rpers as yourselves. Although, some of you will have to be twisted, monstrous versions of yourselves.
    Basic Plot:

To whoever finds this letter.

I write this in the hope that someone hasn’t succumbed to this madness finds it/ This hopefully will answer any questions as to why the RPG forums are in such a state.

It all began with the disappearance of Kalah, one of our beloved leaders. All she left was a letter of resignation of her leadership duties and a second letter. I can still remember what it said…

“I apologize for leaving without telling you all, but I have fearful news. Something is wrong with the forums. I’m not sure what, but I’m sure it can only lead to disaster. I’ve gone to the heart of the forums to find the cause of this problem and hopefully destroy it.”

I should have taken it as a warning. We all should have. Of course, none of us knew what would happen.

A week past before it happened. Slowly but surely, the RPG forums began to twist and transform into a horrific and nightmarish mockery of itself. The once beautiful scenery became the thing you see in nightmares.

And it didn’t just stop with the land itself. Many of the Rpers themselves began to change. Many that I considered friends became twisted and monstrous parodies of themselves. They’re no longer the people I knew.

Though it seems some of us have been able to hold on against this insanity, even though I doubt there’s anyone who’s completely unaffected. I hope you are one of them.

I’m currently searching the forums for the source of this madness and hopefully a way to restore things to the way they were. I wish for anyone who’s sane to do the same, or at least keep from succumbing to this insanity.

I wish you the best of luck

Benjamin (Mystic-clown)

PS: If you ever meet me and I’ve given in to the madness, please kill me before I kill you.

Resident Stargate fan... Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

M_C-How does "Tainted Wonderland" sound for a title?

O_JT-I think that's something new that is easier to walk into then a super-epic RPG. And I think WWII would be better than futuristic.

Shows currently following:
    Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis-Friday
    EUReKA-Tuesday
    Xbox Live Gamertag: CommanderLock

M_C- Now that's something I could get into. ^__^

Elite Trainer

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hmm, "Tainted Wonderland" does sound like a good idea. Thanks.

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Haven’t really created any RPGs in….ages. >.> (unless you count Kingdom Heartless in which CT did most of the work). I was just toying with this idea, and wanted to see if it would get any positive feedback before working on it more(inserting the fancy language and all). So do give honest opinions, and I'm pretty open to criticism.

Tentative Title: Here be Dragons(suggestions very welcome)

Basis: er. Basically any Dragon fantasy story that you’ve ever read and more, a little of Rave/Groove Adventure.

Genre:Fantasy/Adventure

Characters Needed: Dragons, Humans, Hybrids, Ryukhin
    Humans have formidable magical powers
    Dragons only have basic Fire elemental magic, but are large(20-50 feet), have great brute strength.
    Hybrids have weaker forms of magic, and are humanoid with draconian features, and are just a little bigger than normal humans, so they don’t have the dragons brute strength. Usually looked down upon by humans and dragons alike, they are the result of a human and dragon attempting to combine without having formed a perfect relationship first.
    Ryukhin are the perfect combination between human and dragon. They can shift easily from one form to the other almost instantaneously, and they have the best of both worlds. In human form, they have superior strength and speed, in dragon form, they can still use powerful human magic. They are also the only race that is able use the powerful Nehima spell.

Basic Plot: This RPG is set in a mythical land of (insert name here), where Humans and Dragons live tentative peace, which basically meant that they avoided each other and had little contact. Humans would isolate parts of their flocks and herds for the dragons, and in return, the dragons did not kill any of the humans. This truce lasted from eon to eon, until the advent of the dark shadows. These mysterious life forms would set upon other creatures and consume them wholly, leaving nothing behind. Humans fought back with their magic, and dragons with their strength, but nothing seemed to work against the shadows. However, one day, a human and a dragon who had forged an amazing bond of friendship and love, somehow combined, and found a new spell, previously unknown to even the most powerful mages – the spell Nehima. This and this alone was able to destroy the shadows. The powerful combination of human and dragon were soon known as the Ryukhin, and with their combined strength, they managed to defeat the darkness and restore peace to the land. Centuries passed, and the dark shadows became only a distant memory and a mention in history books, and the race of Ryukhin dwindled, a rare breed hardly seen or heard of. One day, dragon-human relations received a severe blow when a bunch of villagers set upon and killed a dragon with their combined magic. The dragon Elders refused to stand for this, and they in turn attacked and decimated that human village. Open war started, and there was little love lost between the two species. Little did they know that the shadows had returned, this time craftier and warier, first consuming the hearts of men and dragon alike and filling them with darkness, hoping to destroy any possibility of them forming a bond strong enough to create Ryukhin.

Other: Set in medieval times because I didn’t want it to get complicated up with fancy electronic gadgets.

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U