Thread: where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?

Hybrid View

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?

New highlights of my journey so far (as far as I can remember):

(1) Beat Whitney and got the Plain Badge. (I had to support Muscle/Machop with a Potion, but two Low Kicks dropped Miltank pretty easily otherwise.)

(2) Passed through National Park, but went back in on Saturday for the contest. (I didn't seriously compete...I just caught a Paras for my collection.)

(3) Boxed Muscle.

(4) Caught Sudowoodo.

(5) Caught Vulpix (who I plan to raise into Ninetales).

(6) Reached Ecruteak City.

(7) Went back to Bill's house in Goldenrod and got Eevee. (I've boxed him for now, but I plan to eventually trade him to my "Platinum" game long enough to raise him into a Leafeon, and then trade him back to my team.)

Oh, and in between (4) and (5), I did a double battle with two Beauties below Ecruteak (Callie and Kassandra), and it wound up being the most epically ridiculous fight I've had in "SS" so far...and maybe in my entire "Pokemon" playing days.

From what I can remember, I had Flaffy and Oddish against them, and things were pretty normal...until one Clefable hit Oddish (who I had use Acid) used Encore on him. That actually wouldn't have been so bad...

...If the other Clefable hadn't hit him with Disable!

So guess what? All Oddish could do was STRUGGLE!

And then, at one point, one of the Clefables used Metronome (the second time one of them did so in the fight) on Flaaffy...AND USED SACRED FIRE!

It did little damage, but Flaaffy got Burned.

So after struggling along with them and supporting them with Super Potions, I eventually subbed them both out. First, I switched Oddish to Geodude and used Magnitude, then switched Flaaffy to Pidgeotto to prevent collateral damage to my side. They soon finished off their last Pokemon (one of the Beauties' Wigglytuffs) with Sand-Attack and Magnitude.

WOW.
    Last edited by Starry Might; 29th March 2010 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.