Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black and White announced.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Pokémon Black and White announced.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

So yeah. Black and White.

Last edited by Dark Scizor; 9th April 2010 at 01:26 AM.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Μπισκοτοφαγος Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Pokémon Black and White announced.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Jumps up and down* Black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freakin excited! Woohoo!

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sorry....had to do it XD
    Anyway can someone translate this for us? Also what about a release date? I'm seeing the numbers 4, 15 and 2010 on there. However there's no way in hell that's right.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Μπισκοτοφαγος Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

@ Master Rudy: Yeah, this will be the promo song XDD

It is a slightly annoying how some people reacted to this *coughserebiicough* I mean, they are just colours for Pete's sake! It's not all about racism geez...

Maybe the colours refer to the battle of good vs evil.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Seems pretty cool. I really need a DS!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Siked.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Game Freak

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

for all seasons Moderator

Wait, what? I'm confused here.

PS. 3000 lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Any kind of information what kind of games those will be exactly? With just half a year to go till their release (acc. to German PokeWiki) I'm surprised there hasn't been more info on it yet (in case they are the 5th generation games).
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Cloyster Moderator

COLORS AGAIN!!!

That is all.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

They are shades bro.

Cloyster Moderator

Another thought that came to me. What will the legendaries be like? Are we finally going to get a light type? If so, it's about freakin' time.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

$5 says that the third bonus version they'll eventually make will be Pokémon Gray.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    Wait, what? I'm confused here.

PS. 3000 lolz
    Simple I hate Pokémon Black and White. why because the names are lame, I would have much rather they stuck with metals and birthstones then returning to the color names, I mean really it's just plain stupid and so are those two damn foxes for being freaking copycats of Riolu and Lucario!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAll View Post
    $5 says that the third bonus version they'll eventually make will be Pokémon Gray.
    I say they throw us all off and call the third version Pokémon Sepia.

Cheesecake! Moderator

5 bucks says they'll change the version names when they get to the US
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

Cloyster Moderator

Pokémon African American and Pokémon Caucasian. I can see it now.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

I don't know, Charles; if the names of recent fangames are anything to go by, the other option is increasingly obscure minerals that no one can pronounce or has even heard of, and that become increasingly less relevant to the pokémon or plot. It reeks of trying too hard. There's something to be said for elegant simplicity.

And anyway, just as with every influx of new Japanese names and what have you, people will (and should) stop caring within a month.

As for a rename... isn't there at least one other game that's actually called Black & White? IIRC it's a game where you're a god raising a creature that rules over a village or something. Point being, they didn't change it and no one seems to have been offended.
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 9th April 2010 at 01:06 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Cloyster Moderator

I know that, but I love a good (or even lame) joke.

I for one love the names. Each past generation has tried to one up the previous generation and try to be the ultimate Pokémon games. We had Gold and Silver with not one, but two super-powerful legendaries. Then we had Ruby and Sapphire with three and they controlled the land, sea, and sky. Then came Diamond and Pearl, which had pokemon that controlled time and space as well as one that's pretty much the God of the Pokemon world. It's been stated several times that the legendaries need to go back to basics. Where we were in Generation 2 was ideal, with the legendaries just being based on local legends. With the titles finally going back to colors, we might see just that.

Advanced Trainer

Wasn't directed at you; actually, I thought that was funny. :p

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

*expects these games to top Dmnd/Prl/Plat*

These better be a break from the traditional pokemon games.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Pokemon Black

Pokemon White

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post
    I don't know, Charles; if the names of recent fangames are anything to go by, the other option is increasingly obscure minerals that no one can pronounce or has even heard of, and that become increasingly less relevant to the pokémon or plot. It reeks of trying too hard. There's something to be said for elegant simplicity.

And anyway, just as with every influx of new Japanese names and what have you, people will (and should) stop caring within a month.

As for a rename... isn't there at least one other game that's actually called Black & White? IIRC it's a game where you're a god raising a creature that rules over a village or something. Point being, they didn't change it and no one seems to have been offended.
    Oh and do you really think calling them black and white are better then Onyx and Amethyst I hardly think so. Now then depending I'll most likely well end up getting theses when they come out it's just that I fell they have taken things too far by calling them Black and White literally suck when compared to HeartGold and SoulSilver, now then I'm not saying I'm not buying them it's just that Game Freak Frustrates me at times.

BTW here a suggestion Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold / SoulSilver and Black/White should be in a new forum category called DS Generation... just a thought... They are not the Advanced Generation, the are the DS Generation since they can only be played on the DS systems!

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

Advanced Trainer

But why is simple bad, first of all? And Black and White implies thinking about duality, for one thing. Whether that duality implies light and darkness, good and evil, or something else is yet to be seen, but the names are both not-stupid and can have a lot of potential. Again, I'd rather they pick something simple that is actually relevant than "what mineral/color have we not used yet just because" :B

Of course, without having seen any pokémon other than Zorua and Zoroark, it is entirely possible that something could exist that has an actual relevance to "Amethyst" (nothing will ever be called "Onyx" because onix exists already; it's too similar). But they picked black and white and so I'm sure whatever legendaries or version mascots or whatever else will fit with that and with whatever interpretation of black and white they decide to use. Just wait until you have a chance to see the names in context before passing judgment on them.

plusle f, burmy m

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

I heard these are being released on the DS, despite the fact that the 3DS will be available by the time of its release. It's kinda odd, since the 3DS is supposed to have all those 3D features that Nintendo aren't exploiting that for a new series of Pokemon... I know I'd consider buying the 3DS just to play new Pokemon...

(Dear Nintendo, I'm not complaining, please don't release Pokemon Black and White on the 3DS, for I am quite content to play it on my normal DS. Thank you very much, your loyal fan, Becki)

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    Pokemon Black

Pokemon White
    So tempted to put them in the BW theme I'm working on for the site...

End debate

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Cheesecake! Moderator

UC made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post

You obviously missed the joke I was trying to make.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Advanced Trainer

Possibly, but I wasn't directly responding to you, either. It was a general statement about the people who are up in arms over the names.

plusle f, burmy m

Cheesecake! Moderator

Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding then.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Charizard View Post
    XD Gav won the thread with his pic of Fifty and Slim XD

Cheesecake! Moderator

Forget the thread dude, he won internets
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

I Finnished last Moderator

Did someone say 'translate'?

I'll look up for the smaller text later, but it may be hard to figure it out.

Elite Trainer

Thank you Mika. I just kept getting transfixed on that 4/15 and saying "no way in hell it's releasing then" XD

Cloyster Moderator

Nice, so we'll be finding out more soon. Also Pokemon Sunday is in about 12 hours, so maybe there will be something then too, and we also have the CoroCoro leak to look forward to. Finally some real news on these games!

Edit: Screenshots!
    Last edited by Jeff; 10th April 2010 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Charizard View Post

End debate
    Debate ended INDEED. x1,000,000.
    So what I don't get is, have we known about these games at all before this point? I'm just not quite fathoming how they've been able to keep this under wraps for so long, considering it's hitting Japan in something like 5 days (??!!)

Not exactly a grand-scale advertising campaign. It's like HG/SS was the big thing, and these are just an after-thought... Meh.

Cloyster Moderator

April 15th is just when they'll have the next announcement, the games aren't coming out until September-November, sometime around then.

Ah, righteous. That's better.

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I've already seen the "CoroCoro" scans earlier...looks interesting!

I can already tell that it looks like they've nixed the Pokemon-following-you-thing, though...there's probably a good reason for it, but I like that feature in "HeartGold/SoulSilver", and was hoping they'd keep it in these games. Oh well.

BTW, the new female hero kinda reminds me of Dawn (judging from her overworld sprite, at least). Anyone else think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    It is a slightly annoying how some people reacted to this *coughserebiicough* I mean, they are just colours for Pete's sake! It's not all about racism geez...

Maybe the colours refer to the battle of good vs evil.
    Really? Oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAll View Post
    Dang, you beat me to it! (LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I say they throw us all off and call the third version Pokémon Sepia.
    Hey, that would actually be cool!

Anyhow, hopefully "Pokemon Sunday" will reveal more soon!

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Like I said Pokemon Black and White are so freaking stupid... yeah combining the Pokemon center and PokéMart real smart. also I dislike this new 3Dish tile set, also the overworld sprites look stupid, also I dislike the new battle system. -_-;

Despite that I'm sure ones we know more then two pokemon I'll most likely find some I like and some I hate.

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile