Thread: Dilemma...

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Dilemma...

Okay, so I've been playing with my Red game and have actually gotten quite a good team. I'm just about to face Sabrina (6th badge) and this is my current team:

[Roflcopter][Lv. 41]
    Tri Attack/Drill Peck/Fury Attack/Fly
    109/78/95/60

[Mascot][Lv. 40]
    Thunderbolt/Mega Punch/Thunder Wave/Swift
    67/49/86/64

[Magyks][Lv. 39]
    Psychic/Hypnosis/Headbutt/Confusion
    79/79/67/104

[Squeak][Lv. 38]
    Bubblebeam/Surf/Ice Beam/Quick Attack
    64/60/69/96

[Feminine][Lv. 40]
    Body Slam/Bite/Scratch/Poison Sting
    66/77/60/68

[Lizzy][Lv. 42]
    Scratch/Seismic Toss/Ember/Slash
    93/93/103/86

So, I'll evolve Mascot when it reaches Lv. 41. I'm just deciding whether or not to teach it Thunder other one of the moves it already knows. I'm gonna evolve Feminine when it learns Fury Swipes...OR I can wait until Lv. 51 and teach it Double Kick. I'll also teach it Earthquake when i evolves too.

For Magyks, Squeak and Roflcopter, there's nothing too problematic. But I'm not sure if I can improve my team. What do you guys think?
    (Also, I've sold nearly all of the TMs I've gotten but I've yet to go on Surf sidequests or going to Cinnebar and beyond)

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Dilemma...

If you happen to have duplicated Body Slam, put it on Pikachu, Dodrio and Hypno aswell.

Put Hyperbeam on Dodrio if you have the money. The faster it's speed, the higher the critical hit ratio. Combined with the damage of Hyperbeam (and the no recharge if you faint the opposing pokemon) that makes one killer move. Mimic and Substitute are other options. Give it Body Slam if you still can.

Raichu, Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, Bodyslam, filler. Again the fillers are mostly Mimic, Substitute, Seismic Toss, or maybe Submission for Golems and Rhydons.

Hypno. Now this is a pokemon I like. Psychic is a staple. Then, Hypno isn't really THAt powerful or fast, but its strenght is equally devided stats. That means it can furfill a decent support-function. It gets Thunderwave (or even Hypnosis), Psychic, Body Slam, Seismic Toss (this can be very nice), Mimic (yes most fillers are limited in RBY) or Rest (it has no recover or anything). It can also learn Reflect, which can be nice with Rest.

Vaporeon. Blizzard > Icebeam in RBY because of better accuracy. Surf is good. Then the rest will be fillers again. Body Slam, Mimic, Rest (and maybe Acid Armor).

I'd already invest in the evolution of Nidorina since both fury swipes and double kick aren't really worth the wait. It's stats are pretty equal, so go for a mixed sweeper. The combination of Ice and Electric can hit almost any typecombination so go for Thunderbolt/Blizzard if you can, added with Earthquake and Body Slam.

Charizard, is again a mixed sweeper. It can Swordsdance, so make use of that. Flamethrower or Fireblast as a STAB attack. Then Swordsdance+Earthquake. Last move should be something neutral normal, like.. Body slam? or Hyperbeam.

RBY is pretty limited, but I really enjoy the metagame

So my best advice is: use the glitch and copy the Swordsdance, Body Slam, Blizzard and Earthquake, Seismis Toss, Thunderwave and Mimic TMs.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

...wow. You sure know your stuff MLG. Okay then, I think I can easily duplicate these things. I can get Hyper Beam. Thanks!

My team will be Pwnsome!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You're welcome.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

1 of your pokemon knows Psychic attack, so, I would suggest you can lead with that pokemon as the 1st out in battle

for all seasons Moderator

Twelve years later and I'm wondering why Scratch featured twice in these movesets
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit