Thread: 2v2 Dabsaww Vs. Oslo Ref: KoT.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default 2v2 Dabsaww Vs. Oslo Ref: KoT.

Arena: Indigo plateau

Banned Moves: All K0 moves and toxic

I send out first and i send out flower my female lileep

DQ 5 days
    Last edited by dabsaww; 22nd April 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: 2v2 Dabsaww Vs. ????? Ref: ???

Sure, I'll take you on.

I'm going with Nutrigrow, my newly-evolved female Gloom. Will we be playing with abilities? If so, Nutrigrow has Chlorophyll.

Okay, get things started with a Swords Dance. Once you have your stat boost, show it a Stun Spore followed by a Drain Punch.

Swords Dance ~ Stun Spore ~ Drain Punch

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Well, a couple of the battles I was reffing unfortunately either died or ended in a DQ to one of the parties, so I might as well ref this one for you guys.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Master Trainer

That would result in me giving you a wee Psyduck plush toy as thanks. *gives*

lol, did you get that from Pokemon Hangman, Oslo? I'm flattered, especially since 1, I used to play that game on TPM, and 2, I also used to be a worker there at one point.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

oh, flower has suction cups. dang, weaknessess. BTW knight of time. Im big zelda fan too. and ur team is massive.

Anyway. Moving on.

Flower! Use double team while the gloom is doing its little jig. When it stun spores, use protect. Then make all your clones sludge bomb the poor drooling flower.

Default Re: 2v2 Dabsaww Vs. Oslo Ref: KoT.

lol, thanks for the kudos on the size of my team dabsaww, yeah, when you're a veteran, a big team is a really nice thing to have, the more variety and type coverage it has, the better.

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

DQ: 1 week

Banned moves: All 1HKO moves, Toxic

Round 1

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 100%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 100%
    Ability: Suction Cups
    Double Team ~ Protect ~ Sludge Bomb

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 100%
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Swords Dance ~ Stun Spore ~ Drain Punch

This battle is taking place in an arena most famous for its Pokemon battles. Yes folks, I'm referring to Indigo Stadium, set in the heart of Kanto's Indigo Plateau. With a couple of newcomers about to do battle here, this could get really exciting. Soon, the first trainer shows up, and reveals himself to be dabsaww. Taking out a Pokeball, he opens it up to reveal a female Lileep by the name of Flower. A few moments later, the second trainer makes his appearance. Revealing himself to be Oslo, he takes out a Pokeball of his, and
    opens it up to reveal a female Gloom by the name of Nutrigrow. The battle then begins, as Nurtigrow starts off with a Swords Dance, dancing around while boosting her Attack up as a result. Flower though, doesn't take much notice, and instead concentrates on improving her odds of evasion, splitting herself into 3 copies of herself through a Double Team.

Flower: -5 Energy, +2 Clones
    Nutrigrow: -4 Energy, Attack +2

A bit upset that she let that previous distraction get to her, Nutrigrow shoots off a Stun Spore cloud, hoping it will catch the real Flower by surprise. Flower though, seeing the cloud about to reach her, puts up a Protect shield as do her clones, dissipating the paralyzing spores right on the nick of time.

Flower: -8 Energy, +2 Clones
    Nutrigrow: -3 Energy, Attack +2

Getting even more annoyed with her opponent, Nutrigrow makes one of her small fists glow green, hoping that she'll be able to connect her Drain Punch with the real Flower, and she moves as fast as she can toward the three Lileep, choosing one...only to see it vanish into nothingness. Flower turns her head to face Nutrigrow, and she and her remaining clone shoot off a Sludge Bomb barrage that slams into Nutrigrow, making her cry in
    pain...she is relieved to be part Poison though, even though the acidic sludge does make her skin sting a little.

Flower: -9 Energy, -1 Clone
    Nutrigrow: -9 Health, -4 Energy, Attack +2

Stats After Round 1:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 78%

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 91%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 89%

Notes:

-When I ref a Pokemon at 0% energy, they lose 1 point of health for each 2 points of energy they use, so keep that in mind.

-dabsaww, you have the first move for the next round.
    Knight of Time

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Ok flower good work. Lets use another double team, then flash to disorient him, afterwards EARTH POWER

Master Trainer

Begin with a Sweet Scent to draw out the real Flower. Then, Protect against that Flash and go in for a Drain Punch.

Sweet Scent ~ Protect ~ Drain Punch

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Hey oslo are you gonna get around to the DF battle or whats going on?

Master Trainer

You mean the one you posted your attacks for yesterday? Yep, I intend to get around to it, but finals are sort of upon me right now so daily reffings aren't feasible. Expect something up tomorrow night or, that failing, Friday.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Haha okay. I didnt intend to be pushy, sorry. But thanks mate. I apreciate it.

Woo boy, when it comes to certain situations I need to ref in a battle, some of them can throw me off hard, especially if I don't get pointers from a fellow ref I know well on here. But nonetheless, the occasional "trouble spots" won't stop me from doing my job that easily.

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 2

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 78%

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 91%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 89%

The round begins as Flower decides to call in some extra reinforcements. With only one clone left on her side at the moment, she begins to concentrate, and soon two more clones appear at her side. Nutrigrow though decides to go for a Sweet Scent, bringing forth an invigorating aroma from her leaves which covers the area in a thin cloud, making both Pokemon, as well as Flower's 3 clones, feel calmer as a result.

Flower: -5 Energy, +3 Clones
    Nutrigrow: -4 Energy, Attack +2

Flower and her clones soon move on to their next assault, producing a bright Flash which begins to light up the arena...but Nutrigrow isn't about to let the bright light get the better of her. In a defensive response, the Gloom throws up a Protect barrier which keeps the light from making its way to her eyes.

Flower: -3 Energy, +3 Clones
    Nutrigrow: -9 Energy, Attack +2

Upset that she was not successful in trying to hinder her opponent's sense of sight, Flower begins to draw some earth energy from the ground to aim at Nutrigrow, as do her clones...the real Earth Power makes its strike on Nutrigrow, making her cry in pain as it knocks her back a bit. But, the Gloom isn't about to let Flower get away with this so easily, as she launches a Drain Punch toward one of the four Lileep. The green fist though, upon hitting what Nutrigrow hopes is the real Flower, ends up knocking its target out of existence, much to her disappointment. Tricky clones...

Flower: -7 Energy, -1 Clone
    Nutrigrow: -8 Health, -4 Energy, Attack +2

Stats After Round 2:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 63%

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 83%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 72%

Notes:

-When I ref Sweet Scent being used while a Pokemon has Double Team clones, the Sweet Scent unfortunately doesn't make it easier to locate the real Pokemon among its clones, sorry about that Oslo.

-as you guys would guess with Double Team, the randomizer that I use is a huge part of determining whether a Pokemon with clones is able to avoid an attack. It can be unpredictable...

-Oslo, you have the first move for the next round.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Alrighty, start with a Double Team of your own, Nutrigrow. Then, go with two Swords Dances while I figure out how to dissipate those clones...

Double Team ~ Swords Dance x2

Anyway, KoT, how do you ref weather moves in regards to clones (ie. would a Sandstorm wipe them all out)? Also, if I can't think of a way to get rid of them, do you permit switching out? I've read some contradictory things as far as whether this kind of tactic is kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Anyway, KoT, how do you ref weather moves in regards to clones (ie. would a Sandstorm wipe them all out)? Also, if I can't think of a way to get rid of them, do you permit switching out? I've read some contradictory things as far as whether this kind of tactic is kosher.
    When it comes to reffing weather moves in regards to clones, yes, generally I ref the clones as disappearing if Rain Dance, Sandstorm, or Hail is in effect.

But most Pokemon have a way to find the real Pokemon among its Double Team clones. If you look up your Pokemon's moves on a website like Psypokes, and check the movelist topic, you should be able to find a way through.

As for switching out, yes, I can allow that, but it's like Baton Pass; you have to bring it back out later on. It's just that with doing a regular recall, any stat changes are lost if you don't use Baton Pass.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    But most Pokemon have a way to find the real Pokemon among its Double Team clones. If you look up your Pokemon's moves on a website like Psypokes, and check the movelist topic, you should be able to find a way through.
    Yeah, I refer to Bulbapedia for my battles. Gloom lacks any damage-dealing weather moves like Sandstorm, any 100% accuracy moves like Swift, any wide-reaching offensive moves like Earthquake or any move that might tell which Lileep is the real deal like Odor Sleuth. That goes for every generational learnest and every method of learning moves. I think Nutrigrow might be sunk.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I hate to make this battle quite a bore. BUT

I need to do this

LILEEP.

Sandstorm (does it whipe out clones? if not use ingrain!)

Then Tickle x2

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 3

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 63%
    Sandstorm/Ingrain ~ Tickle ~ Tickle

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 83%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 72%
    Double Team ~ Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance

The round begins as Nutrigrow tries to even the score with Flower and her clones. The Gloom soon begins to concentrate, and 3 clones come to her aid. However, Flower has a sneaky counter strategy up her roots, as she summons a Sandstorm that begins to rage in the arena. Both Flower and Nutrigrow watch in surprise as their respective clones are vanquished, making things fairly even...for now.

Flower: -6 Energy, +2 Clones, -2 Clones
    Nutrigrow: -5 Energy, Attack +2, +3 Clones, -3 Clones

With both of the battlers cloneless for now, Nutrigrow, being more annoyed with the sand than Flower, goes for a second Swords Dance to boost her strength even higher than before. Mere moments after she completes her power-boosting dance, she hears something extending from Flower's head...turning to face the Lileep, she is taken by surprise as a couple of Flower's tentacles begin to tickle her, making her drop her guard as her strength and defense suffer a simultaneous drop.

Flower: -3 Energy
    Nutrigrow: -4 Energy, Attack +3, Defense -1

Steadying herself after that annoying Tickle, Nutrigrow goes back to her Swords Dance once more, boosting her strength back up to where it was earlier...albeit another level higher. Flower though, eyeing the Gloom cautiously, extends her tentacles to Tickle Nutrigrow a second time...the annoyance of being tickled by Flower's tentacles has a slightly negative effect on Nutrigrow, but she finds even more annoyance with the Sandstorm, as some of it batters her, knocking a small chunk of her health off.

Flower: -3 Energy
    Nutrigrow: -3 Health, -4 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2

Stats After Round 3:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 51%

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 80%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 59%
    Status: Not liking the Sandstorm too much, Attack +4, Defense -2

Notes:

-To answer your question about Sandstorm, dabsaww, yes, Sandstorm does wipe out Double Team clones, even if the Pokemon that made the clones is a Rock, Ground, or Steel type. The real Pokemon doesn't take damage from the Sandstorm if it is one or two of those three types, but the clones cannot survive in a sandstorm. Similarly, if an Ice type had Double Team clones but Hail came into effect, they would be wiped out by Hail as well.

Knight of Time

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

ok you must be tired flower. just relax, pray that the sandstorm will veil you. after your little nap time, use rock slide, then stockpile

Master Trainer

Phew, thankfully that Sandstorm did the work for us. Alright, Nutrigrow, it's time for double Drain Punches. While's he's Stockpiling, go in for a Teeter Dance.

Drain Punch ~ Drain Punch ~ Teeter Dance

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

tomorrow this ll be dq'eud. Its a shame

Master Trainer

Naw, DQ doesn't apply to the ref.

Oslo is right, dabsaww, you cannot DQ a ref. I'm sorry for the delay, guys, being a ref isn't easy when you have other things going on.

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 4

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 51%
    Relax ~ Rock Slide ~ Stockpile

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 59%
    Drain Punch ~ Drain Punch ~ Teeter Dance
    Status: Not liking the Sandstorm too much, Attack +4, Defense -2

The round begins as Flower decides to take a needed breather. Relaxing herself to regain a little bit of energy, the Lileep begins to feel a little better...that is, until Nutrigrow brings up a fist, making it glow green. Moving towards Flower, the Gloom smacks her with her greatly boosted Drain Punch, making Flower cry in pain as some of her health is absorbed by Nutrigrow.

Flower: -10 Health, +6 Energy
    Nutrigrow: +5 Health, -4 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2

Not liking that she had some of her health stolen from her, Flower scours the arena for some rocks, of which she hopes there will be enough for a Rock Slide. But not seeing a single rock on the smooth battlefield is a disappointment for her, which quickly turns into more frustration as Nutrigrow smacks her with a second Drain Punch, the green fist absorbing a little more health for Nutrigrow.

Flower: -10 Health
    Nutrigrow: +5 Health, -4 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2

Getting really annoyed now at the sudden turnaround, Flower goes for a Stockpile. Storing some energy in her small body to use for later, the Lileep feels her defenses both go up as a result. But, upon turning to face Nutrigrow again, she notices the Gloom doing a rather erratic dance as she hops around, making Flower feel disoriented all of a sudden. The Sandstorm soon makes its mark on Nutrigrow once again, sapping a bit more of her health.

Flower: -5 Energy, Defense +1, Special Defense +1, Confused
    Nutrigrow: -3 Health, -5 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2

Stats After Round 4:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 52%

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 87%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 46%
    Status: Getting back into the battle, but still not liking the Sandstorm, Attack +4, Defense -2

Notes:

-Sorry dabsaww, but being as you didn't specify what field was being used for Indigo Stadium, I presumed it was the default arena, with the solid floor, and lack of natural obstacles, which is why Rock Slide didn't work, certain damaging moves won't work if the object in question that is required isn't around. Even if there were rocks in the field, Flower would have to use her tentacles to move them around. Just a bit of advice, but in a future battle where you're selecting the arena, you might want to add a little more detail so that anyone who refs such a battle won't get mixed up.

-Sorry I didn't mention Sandstorm's duration when it came in the previous round, I often forget to mention how long it lasts for, but when I ref it or other weather moves, they last for 3 rounds unless changed, so this Sandstorm will be going on for one more round.

-Just a little note about Stockpile you should know, dabsaww, if Flower uses Spit Up or Swallow at any point in the battle after using Stockpile (max of three times Stockpile can be used), the Defense and Special Defense boosts gained through each use of Stockpile are lost, so you may want to keep that in mind.

-Oslo, you have the first move for the next round.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 23rd April 2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Way to eek out in front, Nutrigrow. Put up a Substitute before dealing two Drain Punches.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

while hes using substitute, use barrier, then ingrain, then earth power!

Master Trainer

Reminder

Sorry for the delay again guys, it seems like each battle I ref these days brings me into a new situation for me to get some input on before I ref, but don't worry, I'll get used to all these "firsts" eventually.

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

DQ: 5 days (corrected, sorry guys)

Round 5

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 52%
    Barrier ~ Ingrain ~ Earth Power

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 87%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 46%
    Substitute ~ Drain Punch ~ Drain Punch
    Status: Getting back into the battle, but still not liking the Sandstorm, Attack +4, Defense -2

The round begins as Nutrigrow opens up her Malletspace account in order to get the material for a Substitute. As it comes, she quickly fashions it to look as close to her appearance as possible as possible, giving up a chunk of health in the process. Meanwhile, Flower, despite her continued confusion, still manages to remember her trainer's order to set up a Barrier, and the Barrier does go up in front of Flower, in which she hopes it'll be able to block frontal attacks headed her way...as long as it can last.

Flower: -5 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Confused
    Nutrigrow: -25 Health, -8 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Sub: 25 Health

Wasting no time in getting on the attack again, Nutrigrow makes her fist glow green again, before going over to hit Flower with her Drain Punch. Though the Barrier makes the going more difficult for the Gloom, she still is able to smack Flower with the Drain Punch, despite being a little weaker, it still gives some health back to Nutrigrow. Flower though doesn't retaliate back, as her confusion makes her unable to pay any attention to Nutrigrow, as if she was oblivious to the Gloom for that moment.

Flower: -7 Health, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Confused
    Nutrigrow: +4 Health, -4 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Sub: 25 Health

Surprised that Flower seemed to be ignoring her, Nutrigrow shrugs, before using another Drain Punch on her, that green fist allowing the Gloom to steal a bit more health from Flower despite her Barrier being still up. Once again though, Flower is unable to retaliate, as her confusion gets to her again, making her forget what she was supposed to do at this point. The Sandstorm meanwhile takes its toll on Nutrigrow once more as well as on her Substitute a little, before fading out of the arena.

Flower: -7 Health, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Confused
    Nutrigrow: +1 Health (+4 from the Drain Punch, -3 from the Sandstorm), -4 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Sub: 22 Health (-3 from the Sandstorm)

Stats After Round 5:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 66%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 49%

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 67%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 30%
    Status: Getting a bit tired, Attack +4, Defense -2, Sub: 22%

Notes:

-When a Pokemon uses Substitute, there still are a couple of moves that can hit the Pokemon, even if it has the Substitute up. Sandstorm and Hail can still cause damage to the Pokemon if they're not immune, and they also do minor damage to a Substitute.

-When a Pokemon is confused, it has only a 50% chance to successfully get a move off, other times, it may ignore its orders or the opponent, or even attack itself (which does it only minor damage generally). But, confusion only lasts for a few actions generally, so it'll probably wear off soon.

Knight of Time

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Ok lets hope confusion doesnt ruin this round. Put up another sand storm. Then Rock Polish. Then mud slap

Master Trainer

Wait until he has his Sandstorm up, then go for a Sunny Day to activate your Chlorophyll ability. Top things off with two SolarBeams.

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

DQ: 5 days

Round 6

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 66%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 49%
    Sandstorm ~ Rock Polish ~ Mud-Slap

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 30%
    Sunny Day ~ Solarbeam ~ Solarbeam
    Status: Getting a bit tired, Attack +4, Defense -2, Sub: 22%

The battle continues as Flower, still in the midst of confusion, tries to remember her order. As her disorientation continues to scramble her mind, the Lileep soon snaps out of her confusion and throws up another Sandstorm, and it begins all over again. However, Nutrigrow isn't about to let it last very long this time around, as she counters with Sunny Day, causing the sands to slowly begin to die down as the sun starts shining more intensely upon the arena.

Flower: -3 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1
    Nutrigrow: -3 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 22 Health

Relieved that her disorientation wore off, Flower goes for a Rock Polish. Though it doesn't have as strong a benefit as she would have hoped, it still gives the boost to Flower's speed. But, it leaves her wide open for attack, as Nutrigrow quickly begins to collect sunlight in her bud, before firing it off in the form of a Solarbeam that makes Flower writhe in pain.

Flower: -11 Health, -5 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2
    Nutrigrow: -11 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 22 Health

Stinging from the power of that Solarbeam, Flower begins to rapidly throw dirt at Nutrigrow, using her tentacles. But, Flower doesn't appear to notice its blinding effect, catching Flower by surprise with a second Solarbeam that makes her sting even more.

Flower: -11 Health, -4 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2
    Nutrigrow: -11 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 20 Health (-2 from the Mud-Slap)

Stats After Round 6:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 44%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 37%
    Status: Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2, stinging from the Solarbeams

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 5%
    Status: Getting very, very tired, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 20%

Notes:

-Sunny Day will be in effect for two more rounds, unless otherwise changed.

-Oslo, you have the first move for the next round. But you might want to really keep in mind what I said about energy usage, about how I ref it when it's at 0.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 4th May 2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Relax x3

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

seed bomb x3 Low defense should help us

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 7

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 37%
    Seed Bomb ~ Seed Bomb ~ Seed Bomb
    Status: Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2, stinging from the Solarbeams

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 5%
    Relax ~ Relax ~ Relax
    Status: Getting very, very tired, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 20%

The battle continues as Nutrigrow decides to take a breather. Allowing her body to get some much needed relaxation, she watches as Nutrigrow sends off a Seed Bomb. The bomb of plant matter soon collides with Nutrigrow, exploding on contact with her.

Flower: -7 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1
    Nutrigrow: +6 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 16 Health (-4 Health)

As Nutrigrow continues to regain energy, Flower ponders to herself, wondering why her last Seed Bomb wasn't noticed by the Gloom. Nonetheless, Flower shoots off a second Seed Bomb, watching once again as the resulting explosion brings no sign of a cry of pain from Nutrigrow.

Flower: -7 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2
    Nutrigrow: +6 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 12 Health (-4 Health)

Nutrigrow, relieved on how easy the round's been going on her so far, continues to relax. But by now, Flower is getting really disappointed at why her seedy, explosive strategy hasn't been working in her favour much this round. Still, the Lileep is able to shoot off one more Seed Bomb, and the bomb of plant matter soon flies through the air, colliding with Nutrigrow. But by now, Nutrigrow appears to be looking more fragile...like something was going to possibly give out soon.

Flower: -7 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2
    Nutrigrow: +6 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 8 Health (-4 Health)

Stats After Round 7:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 16%
    Status: Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2, feeling tired already

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 23%
    Status: Feeling a bit better, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 8%

Notes:

-When a Pokemon has a Substitute up, if it had any stat boosts or drops previously, putting up a Substitute temporarily negates the user's stat boosts or drops. On top of that, being that Nutrigrow has a 4x reststance to Grass attacks, those are the main reasons why Flower's Seed Bombs each did so little damage to the Substitute.

-Sunny Day will be in effect for one more round, unless otherwise changed.

Knight of Time

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

earth power x2 then sandstorm

Master Trainer

Deal out two SolarBeams and one Drain Punch.

dabsaww vs Oslo
    Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 8

Pre-Round Stats:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 16%
    Earth Power ~ Earth Power ~ Sandstorm
    Status: Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2, feeling tired already

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 23%
    Solarbeam ~ Solarbeam ~ Drain Punch
    Status: Feeling a bit better, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub: 8%

The battle continues as Nutrigrow immediately begins to collect the required energy for a Solarbeam. As the Gloom's bulb begins to glow brightly, the Solarbeam is quickly fired off at Flower, causing the Lileep to cry in pain as it makes her skin sting once again. But Flower's retaliation isn't about to be forgotten, as she fights back with an Earth Power, drawing earth energy from the ground that she forms into a ball before firing at Nutrigrow. Upon the hard hit, there is the sound and appearance of a crack, before Nutrigrow's sub ends up going to pieces and fading away. Still, she is relieved that her sub was good while it lasted.

Flower: -10 Health, -7 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1
    Nutrigrow: -11 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active, Sub gone

Once again, Nutrigrow's bulb begins to glow with solar energy, and the sunlight soon is shot out at Flower in the form of another Solarbeam, that makes the Lileep cry out in pain as before, making her unhappy at how much her skin is stinging. Like before though, Flower fights back with another Earth Power, causing Nutrigrow to cry in pain as the ball of earth energy slams into her, knocking her back a bit.

Flower: -10 Health, -7 Energy, Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2
    Nutrigrow: -8 Health, -11 Energy, Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll active

Nearly out of energy again, Nutrigrow does her best to hit Flower with a Drain Punch. Though the Gloom's green glowing fist does strike the Lileep, it does have its costly toll on Nutrigrow, as she regains a little less health as a result of her energy going into the red. Flower, not ready to accept defeat just yet, summons another Sandstorm, as the bright sunlight is soon driven away, to be replaced by another raging storm of sand that immediately takes its toll on Nutrigrow, who cringes in pain as the sands buffet her.

Flower: -9 Health (-7 from the Drain Punch, -2 from the energy conversion), Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2
    Nutrigrow: -0 Health (+3 health from the Drain Punch healing, -3 from the Sandstorm), Attack +4, Defense -2, Chlorophyll no longer active

Stats After Round 8:

dabsaww:
    OO

Flower the Lileep (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 13%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 0%
    Status: Defense +3, Special Defense +1, Speed +2, feeling nearly drained

Oslo:
    OO

Nutrigrow the Gloom (F)
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 59%
    [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 0%
    Status: Feeling very exhausted again, Attack +4, Defense -2

Notes:

-When Nutrigrow used Drain Punch on Flower, the +3 gain of health (it would have been more if Nutrigrow had more energy and thus didn't have to go through the energy conversion) was counteracted by the loss of 3 health from the Sandstorm, thus not doing anything to Nutrigrow. Basically, it wasn't a net gain or net loss of health.

-Sandstorm will last for two more rounds unless otherwise changed.

Last edited by Knight of Time; 17th May 2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

I think you forgot to calculate energy loss for Flower. As well, she was able to execute that Sandstorm without using any energy at all.

I didn't, since I never ref energy as going into the negative, I take off health instead, remember? I make that little note at the end of the first round of any battle I ref. Even if the Pokemon has less energy than the cost of a move, it still takes a little damage depending on how much energy the move in question uses.
    Knight of Time

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

use an ancient power confuse ray combo, then worry seed

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    I didn't, since I never ref energy as going into the negative, I take off health instead, remember? I make that little note at the end of the first round of any battle I ref. Even if the Pokemon has less energy than the cost of a move, it still takes a little damage depending on how much energy the move in question uses.
    Right, obviously energy wouldn't go into the negative... but then why does it say that Flower still has 16% energy? Shouldn't her energy count have gone to zero before she lost that 2% from the energy conversion?

But anyway, Protect from that combo attack before finishing things with two Drain Punches.
    Last edited by Oslo; 17th May 2010 at 04:21 PM.