Thread: [T] Round 2 Mike Vs. Blade (Ref DL-Complete)

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default [T] Round 2 Mike Vs. Blade (Ref DL-Complete)

The Arena for Round 2 is---Aztec Ruins!

Simple and straightforward, your team will battle another team on these crumbling ruins. There are no hidden traps persay, but if you cause enough collateral damage to the arena, the bridge you are on will crumble beneath your feet and you will land in a tar pit. You can attack from the tar pit, but you will be stuck in the pit until freed. And before you ask....

No the tar pit does not zap health.
    No the tar pit does not smother you.
    No the tar pit does not burn you.
    No you can't dig in and out of the tar pit.

Banned for this round: None aside from the standard Tourney Banned moves.

Tourney rules apply.

I'll send out Goku (shiny male Infernape) and Logen (male Lucario).
    Last edited by Mike Mysterio; 19th June 2010 at 07:19 AM.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: [T] Round 2 Mike Vs. Blade

Do I attack first again?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Uh, actually guys, Blade sends first, and Mike attacks first, since Mike's name is up higher than Blade's.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Advanced Trainer

No Blade attacks first beacuse The person who's name is on top of the pair bracket will send out first.

Veteran Trainer

Uhhh... DARKLY!

Clarify for us stupid people please!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yeah, Mike has it right. You attack first Blade :O

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer

Again? Man, this blows...

OK, Charizard! Kinglava (blue Magmortar [M])! I choose YOU!

Charizard, take to the skies with Fly. Then rain down some pain on Goku with an Aerial Ace, and then sear Logen with a Flamethrower.

Kinglava, shake things up with an Earthquake. Then use Flare Blitz on Logen, and end with a Psychic blast on Goku.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Goku, use Fake Out on Charizard, then wait till Charizard comes in and use Thunder Punch, then use a Stone Edge on Charizard.

Logan, wait till Kinglava attacks then use Pay Back on him, then use Water Pulse twice on Kinglava.

Veteran Trainer

Tournament Battle Elite 8

===Tournament Rules===

No Reversal Moves
    No Non Damaging Healing moves

===Battlers===

Team MysteryFighter

Both M
    Blaze || Steadfast
    100/100 || 100/100
    Test our MIGHT!
    Attacks:
    Goku: Fake Out~Thunder Punch~Stone Edge(all C)
    Logan: Payback~Water Pusle x 2(K)

VS

Team FireMaster

Both M
    Blaze || Flame Body
    100/100 || 100/100
    Flame ON!
    We're the bestest
    Attacks:
    Char: Fly~Aerial Ace~Flamethrower
    King: Earthquake~Flare Blitz(L)~Psychic(G)

Round 1

Alright! Out of the water and onto dry land. Both Blade and Mike seem relieved by that! Releasing their Pokemon, the bridge that they stand on quakes a bit, but holds their weight. The tension is loosened as Charizard instinctively flaps once to stay flying. However, Goku dashes forward before Charizard gets any higher. A flying kick crashes Goku into Charizard's jaw, snapping Chars's head back. The flaming monkey lands some feet away, using his hand to help slow his slide across the bricks.

Meanwhile, Kinglava starts to stamp his feet about and cause the already weak ground to start quaking. Goku and Logan brace themselves for the hit, as Charizard keeps aloft, although not flying in the air too high. Logan recovers from the quake and runs up to Kinglava, dropping a heavy double fisted type of revenge upon the fire type.

Goku: -2E ===///=== Char: -2H
    Logan: -5E/-20H ===///=== King: -9E/-10H

The bridge was still stable for battle, and Goku used that to lunge up at Charizard. Charizard swiped at the incoming Goku, flying upa bit more as he did so to cut Goku back. Goku fell backwards onto the bridge, but the simian flipped up to try again. Charizard stopped spinning enough to note the incoming agile monkey. Goku grabbed Charizards tail and punched him in the back with a Thunder Punch.

Logan raised his fists, as Kinglava started to run toward him. Throwing his arms forth, the Water Pulse emitted was able to cool down some of the Flare Blitz, but Kinglava's attack was massive. Logan went flipping backwards, pained heavily from that blast.

Goku: -6E/-6H ===///=== Char: -2E/-12H
    Logan: -5E/-20H ===///=== King: -11E/-10H

Logan landed on both hands and knees, fire still searing at his body. But as he got to his feet, a mighty bellow came from the sky. Charizard spun to get Goku off of his tail, and dove for Logam jaws wide open. The Lucario knew what that meant, and began to backflip, as a stream of fire came careening down after him. Had Logan looked behind him a bit, he would have saw the wall he flipped into. The flames washed over Logan mercilessly.

Goku, though thrown off of Charizard, seemed to get ready to continue a blitz on the flying serpent. but Kinglava was there with mental backup. Goku spazzed in the air and fell to the ground, dizzy. He turned to see King standing there, tapping his head with his fingers. Damn Psychic. But Goku dashed toward Charizard, Logan needs him. A hefty amount of power was used to cascade Goku up, and he lifted bricks from the actual bridge to drive the point home. Don't Burn his partner!

Logan was glad for the reprieve as Goku smashed into Charizard's back with those stones in his hands. He was spinning like a top, leaving Charizard to get repeated edges of these rocks in his back! Having that moment of clarity Logan was able to charge up and forcefully throw a Water Pulse at Kinglava, soaking him a bit.

Goku: -9E/-16H ===///=== Char: -7E/-27H
    Logan: -5E/-17H ===///=== King: -8E/-10H

The bridge still is stable, but any more hefty Earthquakes and that can change in the blink of an eye.

===Stats===

Team MysteryFighter

Both M
    Blaze || Steadfast
    78/83 || 43/85
    Ok teamwork is key now

VS

Team FireMaster

Both M
    Blaze || Flame Body
    59/91 || 70/72
    Oh yeah melting them down.

Mysteryfighter!

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [T] Round 2 Mike Vs. Blade (Ref DL)

Goku, hit them both with Rock Slid, then use Rock Tomb,
    then Stone Edge both on Charizard.

Logen, use Flash Cannon, then Reversal, then Stone Edge all on Kinglava.

Veteran Trainer

Shouldn't Goku have taken damage from Earthquake, too?

Charizard, Kinglava, we're going for broke. Literally.

Kinglava! Use Earthquake and collapse that bridge! Then use Psychic on Goku again from your safe perch. Finally, aim well at Logen, and slam him AND the tar he's stuck in with Overheat. Boil him alive!

Charizard, use Aerial Ace's speed to dodge those attacks and catch Kinglava on your back before he falls into the tar pit. Then... if Reversal can reach you, use Tailwind to evade. If it can't, hit Goku with Air Slash. Finish with Protect to block those 2 Stone Edges.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Blade: Yeah, I knew there was something off about that.

===Tournament Rules===

No Reversal Moves

===Battlers===

Team MysteryFighter

Both M
    Blaze || Steadfast
    58/83 || 43/85
    Ok teamwork is key now
    Attacks:
    Goku: Rock Slide~Rock Tomb~Stone Edge(C)
    Logan: Flash Cannon~Reversal~Stone Edge(K)

VS

Team FireMaster

Both M
    Blaze || Flame Body
    59/91 || 70/72
    Oh yeah melting them down.
    Attacks:
    Char: Aerial Ace~Air Slash(G)~Protect
    King: Earthquake~Psychic(G)~Overheat(L)

Round 2

King lava reasserted his dominance by standing tall and aiming both cannons at the ground. The spheres of energy building from his booster cannons was enough to make any smaller Pokemon shiver with fear, but Logan and Goku were no such Pokemon! Logan stood back up and forced his aura into overdrive. Hands cocked to his side, he formed a massive steel hued sphere rearing to fire before Kinglava could cause any more structural damage.

Logan released his Flash Cannon right as Goku slammed his fists into the bridge and lifted up! Kinglava let of his energy blasts, forcing an Earthquake that shattered the bridge's last grasp on structural stability. As the ripple threw the two Pokemon off of the bridge in pain, Goku kicked off the stone and lunged for the temple canopy.

Charizard dove into action. That blasted simian caused a Rock Slide amidst the falling bridge. He banked through a deluge of rocks and began evasive manuvers in order to avoid being tagged. Kinglava was not so lucky, being on the bridge as it fell. Rocks pelted his hide, as well as that powerful Steel blast knocking his senses in a haze.

The dazed Pokemon fell unwillingly toward a tarry fate, before a streak of orange bellowed and swooped him up, before the last of the Aztec architecture sealed his fate. Flapping once, Charizard sped skyward, as Goku watched from his grip on the side of the ruin. Logan didn't have it so bad, halfway trapped in the tar, near the ruins as well. He reached up and grabbed some of the stones to at least support himself. This was going to be a hard battle.

Goku: -8E/-16H ===///=== Char: -3E
    Logan: -9E/-20H ===///=== King: -9E/-24H -Atk

Unsure about what to do since they were high in the sky, Logan cried out for Goku to watch his back. Goku hopped and climbed up the crumbly ruins, and reached the top in record time. He raised both hands and beat his chest, giving us a great King Kong impression. Charizard looped back and flew toward the top of that structure, as Kinglava once again tapped his head.

Goku lunged off the roof as the Psychic blast hit, weakening his lower half with pain. Goku gritted his teeth and let the ruins speak for themselves as he tore them apart as he lunged himself off of them. Charizard was unable to turn around fast enough and was smacked in the face and upper chest by those stones. His wings were outstretched enough to slash the flying Monkey, and -although causing pain-gave Goku some much needed extra air time.

Charizard rotated backwards in flight, and Kinglava couldn't grab onto anything fast enough. Kinglava fell along with Goku, both slamming into the tar. Goku hit chest first, while Kinglava hit back first, head going under. Yipe.

Charizard banked out of his hit, but realized he lost his partner. Yipe.

Goku: -5E/-36H ===///=== Char: -5E/-15H -Spd
    Logan: o.O!!! ===///=== King: -8E

Charizard was the only one free of tar, and looked to the perched and almost free Logan. He was using those stones to get his body free of the black mess. Although unstable, the ruins were strong enough for Logan to pull himself free partially, making himself a new seat to rest. It was from this perch that Logan spied Char speeding down toward the angered simian, whom fell in such a way that his vision of the skies above was impaired.

Goke knew it had to free itself to get to that damn flier, but how? Kinglava. The massive Magmortar was trying to sit up, and had one cannon aimed for something. Goku's tail was free and he tried to reach the fatazz Pokemon with it.

Kinglava tried and got a lock on Logan. It didn't take too long for Logan to realize something was wrong, as the tar on his body began to boil. He looked over to Kinglava, as the Pokemon laughed from its crappy predicament.

A wave of Fire came across the tar, lighting up as it headed for him. Logan yanked and clawed at the side of the building. trying to get his feet out. One foot...more....pop! Logan was free, and he quickly jumped up and vaulted along the side of the ruins upward as the fire washed the tar and brick in a sea of flame. Logan didn't look back, as he grabbed a stone in one hand, and kicked off the building.

His aim was right for Kinglava's belly, stone first. Kinglava roared before being plunged into the tar via Logan's strike. Logan was now waist deep in the tar, but Kinglava's head and part of one cannon were the only things visible now.

Goku: -.- ===///=== Char: O.o?
    Logan: -9E ===///=== King: -12E/-20H -2SpA

The bridge gone, Charizard flies around skeptically. Kinglava's almost invisible, and Logan looks up to watch the flier with cold unfeeling eyes. Logan though has a burn, prolly from hitting Magmortar with that Stone Edge after that Overheat. Goku stops struggling, as his feet and his arms are free, but his torso is covered in a nice blanket of tar. (3)

===Stats===

Team MysteryFighter

Both M
    Blaze || Steadfast
    6/70 || 20/67
    Damn this is bad..

VS

Team FireMaster

Both M
    Blaze || Flame Body
    44/83 || 26/72
    Uhhh crap. No good.

Fire Master!

Notes: The Pokemon instinctively know to get out the tar.
    King: -Atk, -2SpA
    Kinglava unable to fight until freed a bit.

Logan: Brn

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Kinglava, Protect yourself AND your partner. Then use Psychic on Goku. Then finish Logen with a Flare Blitz.

Charizard, swoop in under Kinglava's Protective barrier and use your Strength to pull him out of that tar. Then use a Focus Blast on Logen. Finish by bringing Goku down with Dragon Rage. If any Rock attacks come at you after Kinglava is free, Protect against them.

Move(Kinglava): Protect, Psychic(G), Flare Blitz(L)
    Sub(Kinglava): ---------, ---------, ------------

Move(Charizard): Strength, Focus Blast(L), Dragon Rage(G)
    Sub(Charizard): ----------, Protect (@ Rock attacks), Protect (@ Rock attacks)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Ok, both of you use Sowrds Dance, then Goku, use Giga Impact+Thunder Punch on Charizard, and Logen use Giga Impact+Stone Edge on Kinglava.

Veteran Trainer

===Tournament Rules===

No Reversal Moves

===Battlers===

Team MysteryFighter

Both M
    Blaze || Steadfast
    6/70 || 20/67
    Damn this is bad..
    Attacks:
    Goku: Swords Dance~Giga Impact+Thunderpunch(C)
    Logan: Swords Dance~Giga Impact+Stone Edge(K)

VS

Team FireMaster

Both M
    Blaze || Flame Body
    44/83 || 26/72
    Uhhh crap. No good.
    Attacks:
    Char: Strength~Focus Blast(L)~Dragon Rage(G)
    King: Protect~Psychic(G)~Flare Blitz(L)

Round 3

Charizard watches as Logan seems to move his arms hectically, channeling some sort of energy. Unsure why neither Pokemon from the opposing squad is attacking, he swoops in as King lava uses his one free blaster cannon to create that protective dome. King dips his hands in, feeling for Kinglava's arm.

Grabbing it, the mighty flier flaps, thrusting upward in order to tug and pull King lava free. It takes a few good heavy wingbeats (which consequently help Goku rotate in such a way so that its on its side, and both arms can be seen, but one leg is completely submerged-all while moving to the same drum as Logan.) before King is freed with a loud popping sound,and the two of them speed backwards before Charizard counter balances their combined weight in the air.

Goku: -3E ===///=== Char: -5E
    Logan: -3E ===///=== King: -7E

Team Fight +2 Atk

Charizard uses that Strength to toss Kinglava up onto his back, the massive fire beast glad to be able to clean his cannons. Locke and loaded, the pair dive down to assault they others for what may be the last time, but they note both Pokemon are glowing and seemingly crouching?

Goku springs free of the tar in one hyper blast, energy form his body raging forth in enough excess to give him a super powered lunge for the flying one. Logan follows suit, that blue aura espanding rapidly as it roars, before jettisoning itself up toward Charizard as well. The onset of both fighters startles Char and he tries to turn away, but Kinglava gives backup, firing off a Psychic as Goku comes in close.

The power with which Goku was coming in with was much more than the Psychic emitted-and though Goku seemed to have fainted his body still smashed into Charizard full force. The massive Dragon flew backwards due to Goku's body slamming into his belly, and Kinglava barely held on, as Logan reached the menagerie in the sky, and kept his fingers interlocked. Kinglava looked up to see a dual spurred set of fists stab him in the back with incredible force. So much force that Charizard's wings couldn't deal with the added weight! Goku, Charizard and Kinglava all fell into the tar in one massive dive.

Logan followed, aiming to land on Kinglava, since the massive Fire beast was not moving. Goku was completly submerged under Charizard, whom was not out yet. Wings were still free, as was his neck and tail. When Logan landed on Kinglava's prone belly, Charizard whipped his serpentine head around and released a Focus Blast that sent the steel fighter flying off of the Magmortar and back into the tar.

Goku: -19E/-16H ===///=== Char: -10E/-35H
    Logan: -23E/-20H ===///=== King: -8E/-41H

Charizard watched as Logan tried to continue, but fell over. Holy crap. He was the only survivor. But now his wings were stuck. Who the hell was gonna save him u_u!

===Stats===

Team MysteryFighter

Both M
    Blaze || Steadfast
    0/48 || 0/41
    So close!!

VS

Team FireMaster

Both M
    Blaze || Flame Body
    9/68 || 0/57
    Whoa damn..

Team Fire moves on! Congratulations. Close match!
    Standard points apply
    2 for Blade, one for Mike, 2 for me.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Good match Blade, thanks DL for reffing.

Veteran Trainer

Teamwork is the key, it seems.

Great battle, Mike.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe