Thread: Winner's Path Pokewalker Course Wi-Fi Event (NA/PAL Regions)

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Winner's Path Pokewalker Course Wi-Fi Event (NA/PAL Regions)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Winner's Path Wi-Fi distribution event announced by HeartGold, SoulSilver sites

Distribution begins May 6

Some of the official sites for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver have updated with a new news article that talks about the Winner's Path Pokéwalker Route. This Route will be available to players of the North American and PAL versions of the games via Wi-Fi starting May 6, the day after the distribution of the Yellow Forest ends. While the games' sites mention that the event will end on June 25, Pokémon.com mentions it will end on the 26th.

This Route allows players to capture Pokémon with moves they cannot normally learn by leveling up, such as a Munchlax with Selfdestruct or a Horsea with Muddy Water. Several items useful in battle are also available. This Route was initially available to players of the Japanese versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver from Oct. 17 to Dec. 17, 2009 and from Jan 13-27 earlier this year.
    Original Link

I dunno if I'll do this, since I skipped the Yellow Forest event (I haven't even done anything with my Pokewalker yet!), but I'd thought you guys and gals would be interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Winner's Path Pokewalker Course Wi-Fi Event (NA/PAL Regions)

Yay, something else to post to the site! Thanks Starry!
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

thanks for the heads up.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Silent Dragonfly alerted me to yesterday being the final day for getting the Yellow Forest event, lucky for me I got it on both HG and SS (better late than never), I also got the Winner's Path earlier today, again on both games.

What kind of promotion is coming next on Wi-Fi, I wonder?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Cloyster Moderator

The other event areas are:
    Rally: Chatot, Sableye, Pikachu, Croagunk, Buneary, Pachirisu
    Sightseeing: Eevee, Torchic, Poliwhirl, Pelipper, Pikachu, Meowth
    Amity Meadow: Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Happiny, Cleffa, Igglybuff

I'm hoping for Amity Meadow myself. It would be nice to get an endless supply of Electrizers again, now that my FireRed is dead.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Wait, this is on Wi-Fi? Pfft I can get this now! Schweet! To hell with Flying Pikachu, onto Selfdestructing Snorlaxes.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I'm hoping for Amity Meadow myself. It would be nice to get an endless supply of Electrizers again, now that my FireRed is dead.
    What happened?

Anyhow, you're welcome, everyone!

As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.

Im just happy for an easier way to get a Beldum. Muchlax looks to be the rarer of the !!! choices. Much like the Flying Pikachu's.

I am tempted to train this Magikarp though. A Gyarados with Bounce could be cool.
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 7th May 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Might View Post
    What happened?
    Our dog left her teethmarks in it while I was at work one day. It hasn't worked since.

Veteran Trainer

I just realized I gotta keep catching these guys for good natures. UGH, I'm not that dedicated to Nature hunting--why can't I just breed my Beldum u_u....

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

It's Nintendo's subliminal attempt to try and stop people like you from abusing Natures and EV's and shit and just play the game like the rest of us: Go out, catch random Pokeyman, form a bond with it, and go wreck shit with it using the power of LOVE!

...Love and TM's/vitamins, but the TM's and vitamins were used with love.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer

:O. It isn't abuse if it takes work to do it in the game . 'Sides, what's the point of vitamins if you don't use them correctly :O? Similarly, what's the point of working out if you don't do it correctly?

Entertaining quotes!

Has anyone figured out how this thing works yet?

Im trying to get Horsea and Beldum but all im running into is Duskull and Munchlax. I had a couple of Bronzor's the first night i got the path but i havent seen one of those since either. Mostly just Magikarp and Duskull.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Put a fighting type in. It seems to work on the type the Pokemon is weak to. Least for me. I haven't seen a Horsea/Munchlax yet, just Karp, Duskulls and Beldums.

!

Do you have a Munchlax (preferably Adamant/Naughty) Nature...but I doubt you'd be complaining about that.? I has a Beldum..a Sassy one and uhh...I know there's another one on my game somewhere.!!

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    :O. It isn't abuse if it takes work to do it in the game . 'Sides, what's the point of vitamins if you don't use them correctly :O? Similarly, what's the point of working out if you don't do it correctly?
    I dunno what you're getting at... I give my Vitamins to whoever on my team needs them. Crobat gets Carbos, Gyarados gets Protein, Shuckle gets Iron, etc.. I don't do all that super-serious (super-tedious) EV and Nature and IV shit, but I'm not an idiot. I know better than to waste my hard-earned (see: found with Dowsing Machine) stuff on the wrong Pokemon.

Speaking of the Dowsing Machine, Imma go off-topic for a sec and ask: Am I the only one that loves the way the HGSS Dowsing Machine works like a metal detector? It feels like a little treasure hunt going into caves and on beaches now. :3

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Put a fighting type in. It seems to work on the type the Pokemon is weak to. Least for me. I haven't seen a Horsea/Munchlax yet, just Karp, Duskulls and Beldums.

!

Do you have a Munchlax (preferably Adamant/Naughty) Nature...but I doubt you'd be complaining about that.? I has a Beldum..a Sassy one and uhh...I know there's another one on my game somewhere.!!
    Thanks for that, i took out Eevee, went in with Heracross and im upto my neck in Horsea...now for a Beldum...or two.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    I dunno what you're getting at... I give my Vitamins to whoever on my team needs them. Crobat gets Carbos, Gyarados gets Protein, Shuckle gets Iron, etc.. I don't do all that super-serious (super-tedious) EV and Nature and IV shit, but I'm not an idiot. I know better than to waste my hard-earned (see: found with Dowsing Machine) stuff on the wrong Pokemon.

Speaking of the Dowsing Machine, Imma go off-topic for a sec and ask: Am I the only one that loves the way the HGSS Dowsing Machine works like a metal detector? It feels like a little treasure hunt going into caves and on beaches now. :3
    *shrug* EV's take 15 min max ::Has Pokerus.:: IV, hell no. Natures are the only time consuming thing. But that's what Pokemon is. Time consuming.

Now to go off topic with you. Yes! I am so grateful they redesigned it! It makes life so much easier to find things.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

*shrug* EV's take 15 min max ::Has Pokerus.:: IV, hell no. Natures are the only time consuming thing. But that's what Pokemon is. Time consuming.
    Calling bullshit and demanding proof. *doesn't have Pokerus, like most people on the planet*

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

K. Quick example.

In platinum. Machop gives 1 attack Ev. Say I need 255 of them:

100 from Proteins.
    Give Pokemon Pokerus
    Need 155 more. Give Pokemon a Power Band (gives +4 Atk EV's)
    Thats 10 Atk Ev's per Machop (1 initially from Machop, +4 from Held Item x 2 from Pokerus). 15 Machops in the Route after Oreburgh? Siiiimple :O. Lather-Rinse-Repeat with whatever other EV you need in whatever other route has a good number of a Pokemon with the EV you need :O.

Its not so hard :O.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

OK, first off, getting all those items is time-consuming in and of itself: Vitamins are expensive and those Power/Focus/whatever items cost points instead of money, which means tons of battling. Second, those ten Proteins will only all work if your Pokemon has no attack EV's. That means farming certain EV-reducing Berries which is also time-consuming. Third off, Pokerus is damn-near impossible to get in the first place and makes catching a Shiny look like catching a Magikarp with the Old Rod. So unless you've got the luck of Fortuna or a friend with Pokerus, that's the most arduous process of the lot.

Your scenario is fine, but it's under IDEAL circumstances. I don't have the patience to go through all that tedious effort for such a minimal payoff.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

n_n Its only tedious if you wish it to be. Point being, its tedious once. After that, you reap more profits than deficits :O. But we've derailed long enough. I'll give you Pokerus for your well rounded debate though....just need to find a baby that has it...

Entertaining quotes!

Is there anyway to increase Chances of Beldums? Im up to 16000 steps now and im barely getting any !!!'s and their all Munchlax's. Are Beldums the super rare ones?

Getting really tired of seeing Magikarps and i already have everything else off this route.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Cloyster Moderator

If you're getting Munchlax, you need to withdraw your pokemon then put it back. When you first put a pokemon on the pokewalker, one pokemon from each of the three groups is chosen. Since Munchlax and Beldum are both in group A, Munchlax appearing means you won't see Beldum until you go on another stroll.

Well ive done that, Goin with Ponyta. Atm im seeing Magikarp and Horsea. Havent seen a top level yet.

*Edit* Nvm, its Munchlax again. Bloody hell.
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 10th May 2010 at 05:48 PM.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

>_o Why the hell can't I see Munchlax. Stupid damn walker won't give me nothing but Horseas when I reach 2 explanation marks! Oh well, I'll just store watts for tomorrow -.- Fat bastards.

Entertaining quotes!

Ah there we go, 3 Beldums in the bag

Now i have to go back to hunting Surfchu's for a friend who wasnt able to do the wi-fi event.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Caught an Adamant Munchlax! I'm super happy. cause it took FOREVER! I've been getting OK natures with these guys (Timid Horsea, Lonely Magikarp, not too shabby..), except for the Beldums. Sassy? Wtf no good.

Ok I'd like a Bronzor now,and then I'm done with this path.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry Might View Post
    What happened?
    Our dog left her teethmarks in it while I was at work one day. It hasn't worked since.
    Yikes.

Anyhoo, about the Natures/IV/EV controversy. I don't really do IVs/EVs, and I usually don't care what Nature my Pokemon is.

However, there have been a few cases where I caught a Pokemon of a specific Nature...most recently an Adamant Phanpy in my "Platinum" game that I've traded to my "SoulSilver".