It's been like, forever, right? Well, never fear, for I'm right here! I thought it be funny if I did another Slowpoke card so I could make all kinds of slow puns and say get it? Get it? Every other sentence and then go…never mind. But I decided at the last moment to spare you all. (Besides, I just did a Slowpoke recently. I love them so much, I wouldn’t want to run out ).

Instead, this week's card will be the humble (and original) Sandshrew.

There isn't much to this card and because of its weak attack, it probably didn’t even find its way into an early beat down or any other deck for that matter, unless someone really liked Sandshrew. .

But that doesn't mean it isn't worth while to have around, at least. With its forty hip points, it is a good Pokemon to start the game out with while you're preparing for your upcoming turns. It has one retreat cost as you can see, with the unfortunate weakness to grass (Most of the early tournament decks rocked heavy on the grass because of cards like Scyther and Venusaur) but on the flip side, it has a resistance to electric, stopping pikachu and his fellow thunder rats in their tracks.

The little Sandshrew has but one attack. It’s practically trademark Sand-attack. While doing only ten damage, Sandshrew is no heavy hitter. But keep in mind, the effect remains even after Sandshrew is benched. The only way to stop the effect is by placing the affected pokemon on bench.

Neat, huh?

You can find one real cheap is you don't have one, like 50-75 cents a pop!