Thread: Australian Jirachi Giveaway Event (Toys 'R' Us and Big W)

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Australian Jirachi Giveaway Event (Toys 'R' Us and Big W)

A couple of Jirachi-related news for our friends Down Under:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores

Event runs June 3 to 13

A distribution of the Pokémon Jirachi has been revealed by the Australian Toys "R" Us catalog distributed last May 24. Australian stores will be giving out the Pokémon from June 3 to 13. This is not a Wi-Fi event.

This Jirachi will be similar to those distributed in South Korea, Latin America and the United States earlier this year and to those available to Japanese versions of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum last year. The level 5 Jirachi will be contained in a Cherish Ball, and it will hold a Liechi Berry and a Classic Ribbon. It will know the moves Wish, Confusion, Rest and Draco Meteor. It is currently unknown what Generation IV games players are allowed to use in order to obtain this Pokémon due to the fact that most distributions were held before the availability of the games HeartGold and SoulSilver. Transferring any Jirachi to the said games will allow players to unlock the Pokéwalker route Night Sky's Edge.
    Original Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Australian Jirachi also distributing at Big W stores

Select stores will distribute from June 3 to 13

According to a newly distributed catalog, a select range of Big W stores in Australia will be distributing Jirachi. As with the Toys "R" Us distribution, it will run from June 3 to 13.

A set of instructions available from the Big W website states that this Jirachi can be received with all five Generation IV games. Specifics concerning the Jirachi itself are unavailable at this time, but it is likely that it is identical to the Jirachi which will be distributed at Toys "R" Us, as well as several other countries worldwide. This Jirachi is not available via Wi-Fi. Receiving or trading it into HeartGold and SoulSilver will, as with all Jirachi, unlock the Night Sky's Edge Route on the Pokéwalker.
    Original Link

I've never heard of Big W before (since it's apparently an Aussie-only chain), so I took a look at the official site out of curiosity...I didn't read it too much, but judging from the mission statement (namely about prices), it kinda reminds me of Wal-Mart.

Anyway, that's getting way off-topic. This is about Aussie Jirachis!

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: Australian Jirachi Giveaway Event (Toys 'R' Us and Big W)

An Australian event?

First 9/11, then the Sri Lanka tsunami, now this?! The world really IS coming to an end!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: Australian Jirachi Giveaway Event (Toys 'R' Us and Big W)

This is great and all... Except they are not distributing to the NT. So I can't get one.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.