Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post
You don't have to defeat two Bibarel to "make it count". If you defeat three Bibarel, you'll have 6 Effort Points in Attack; failing to defeat a fourth Bibarel won't cause you to slide back to 4. It's just that Effort Points don't translate into stat gains except in multiples of 4.
I understand this but...

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post
You can accumulate Effort any way you wish; defeating 12 Machop, defeating 6 Machoke, defeating 3 Machamp, or defeating a Machamp, 3 Machoke and 3 Machop will all give you exactly the same result as far as building your Effort Values is concerned.

One other thing; the reason you have to wait until L100 to get 1 stat point per 4 EP is because collecting 4 EP grants you (your current level / 100) stat points. So if you're level 25 and have an Attack EV of 64, those 64 EP will raise your Attack by 4 points. At level 50, those same 64 EP will instead raise your Attack by 8 points, and at level 100 they'll be adding their maximum value of 16 points.
..., you totally lost me here. I suck so bad at maths. *rereads*

What i'm trying to understand is why each Pokemon has a different ev number if they all do the same? So if i randomly battle attackers (like Bibarel, Chatot or whatever) to get the ev's in attack how do i calculate the gaining points? By counting the Pokemon or their ev's?

Sorry, it's just that i'm that slow.