Thread: Quickest Way To Make An Eevee Evolve With Happiness?

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Quickest Way To Make An Eevee Evolve With Happiness?

I want an umbreon; stat. And I'm struggling! How do I make it be happy OTHER than daily haircuts?

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Quickest Way To Make An Eevee Evolve With Happiness?

Give it Silk Scarf first of all.

Vitamins work, just walking with it works, but very slowly, and of course, leveling it up works too. If you have to do too much leveling before it evolves though, there's always heart scales to learn those missed moves.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Not Silk Scarf. That item boosts Normal-type attacks. Soothe Bell is the correct item to give pokémon who need high happiness; I believe it doubles all Happiness gains? Something like that?

And check in the Eevee's information for where you obtained it (if it hatched from an egg, check where it was hatched). If I recall correctly, the Happiness gain from leveling up is doubled if it happens in the place where you met the pokémon.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I got it from Bill. It's got silk scarf and it's now at level 30. AT one point with haircuts it was really happy but now it's just "mildly interested" or osmething. Whatever that happiness lady says in Goldenrod. So I'm a bit annoyed by it.

Where do I get the soothe bell from?

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post
    Not Silk Scarf. That item boosts Normal-type attacks. Soothe Bell is the correct item to give pokémon who need high happiness; I believe it doubles all Happiness gains? Something like that?
    Agh, I always get those two mixed up. Yeah, it increases happiness gained each time your pokemon gains happiness, so it's pretty useful, but I'm not sure how much the increase is. It either doubles the gain or adds a fixed number of points for each gain. And Tara, to answer your question it's in the National Park.

Also, the EV-reducing berries make your pokemon happier too. If you don't know which berries they are, just check the item description, it'll mention that the berries increase happiness or whatever. Checking item descriptions is a good idea in general anyway, it's saved me countless times from using the Silk Scarf when I should have used the Soothe Bell.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

You get the Soothe Bell in the National Park if I remember correctly. I forget exactly where you get it, but I do know that you can get it as soon as you visit it first time. After getting said Bell, just ride around on your Bike mindlessly until your Eevee is happy enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon. That's what I did early on in the game to get my Eevee to evolve into an Espeon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Give it Silk Scarf first of all.

Vitamins work, just walking with it works, but very slowly, and of course, leveling it up works too. If you have to do too much leveling before it evolves though, there's always heart scales to learn those missed moves.
    i agree wid it........

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Don't bump long-dead topics, buddy.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Someone should close this topic.
    The Hero of Hyrule.