Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adopted/Captured Pokemon Rules + Where everything is and what you do there

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Adopted/Captured Pokemon Rules

yay ~_~.

Anyway, a few things I want to say:

Stamps/CCPs should stay seperate, in my opinion. There really isn't much reason I see for combining them... Unless you people can somehow keep track of all of your Pokemon and items an stuff, but are incapable of saving two numbers o_O. Maybe we can have a Stamp-CCP exchanger with a small tax for exchanging. currencies or something. Or you can hoard items that you can barter with or sell for either currency when you want to.

As for buisnesses, yes, some are inactive... But a lot of that IS because of lack of interest rather than lack of workers. As for the DT battle range, there simply needs to be more chances to write battles, which would probably fix much of the inactivity there. two-month old scenerios don't help activity =/

And another thing... No offense to Jay or anything... but he isn't some sort of AC/CC god <_<. Yes, he's been very significant in recent AC/CC history, and yes, he has worked at and been active with many of the games. However, most of the current AC/CC system (minus the CCCC/PA situation) came well before Jay's height of power.

Banned

You don't know who to listen to? Zei and I know Jay a hell of a lot better than you do, and we understand his problems and actually ask, unlike you who's just complaining about not knowing about them.
    And part of what you said made no sense whatsoever. Everyone's opinion is biased? Yes, that may be true because their opinion is biased to themselves, but what she means is that her opinion is not based on the two of them being friends. Her opinion is based on the good of the forum, and she knows how active he was. She knows how important he was to AC/CC.
    Yes, I have seen the last 3 pages of Hangman but you're the one making a big deal about it. He simply wanted you to use more than 5 words and single-letter words didn't count. You could have just followed his opinion without arguing with him about it, but no, you had to be stubborn about it and fight with him basically just because you felt like it.
    If you give me one good reason that you're going against Jay, state it now and I will be able to say that you are entitled to your opinion and no more than that. From what I can see right now, you're simply going against Jay because of Hangman, and that is not a good enough reason to go against him. You do not know enough about him to say anything you're saying. Learn your facts before you argue. (this part was all directed at Rambunctious Jamirus)

As for Danny: I would advise you to shut up about this, the only reason you're saying that is because you want some of the attention also and you know it.

Banned

Rambunctious Jamirus - You're the one making me argue for Jay. You don't know him. Stop whining about it. I don't need, neither have I permission to tell you guys his exact problems. It's not my damn fault, don't go all out on me for it.

Danny - Only thing I say to you, is that if you don't consider Jay as some AC/CC God, you need to a) stop treating yourself as one, and b) stop treating Cheesey as one. He is highly better than both you and Cheesey, and all you are is Cheesey's *****. Cut it out.

This is turning into a flame thread, and I don't want any of the posts deleted, so maybe we should cut it out and say what we feel about the AC/CC stuff? If you don't know Jay properly, don't whine about how he's such an *** if you don't know him. That just hurts him, and it also hurts me and probably some others here too. Cyndaquil decided to hate him for no reason, you decide what you should do if one of your close friends decides to go against you in a matter of seconds, with no way of resolving it. I'd be quite annoyed, and this is pretty much the way Jay's whole online life has revolved around.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Originally posted by Aquatic Fury
    You don't know who to listen to? Zei and I know Jay a hell of a lot better than you do, and we understand his problems and actually ask, unlike you who's just complaining about not knowing about them.
    As if you're not doing the exact same thing to darkprince? Not saying that it's the same situation, but looking hypocritical like that doesn't help your cause <_<.

As for Danny: I would advise you to shut up about this, the only reason you're saying that is because you want some of the attention also and you know it.
    Hmm... I thought you and Zei wanted moderators to post? Anyway, I fail to see how I'm posting only for attention, and how you aren't. And since when am I denied an opinion?

Originally posted by Haunted Toilet
    Danny - Only thing I say to you, is that if you don't consider Jay as some AC/CC God, you need to a) stop treating yourself as one, and b) stop treating Cheesey as one. He is highly better than both you and Cheesey, and all you are is Cheesey's *****. Cut it out.
    ... Wow, most incorrect paragraph I've read all day.

Banned

I'm not up for an English lecture either ^_^; Just get this worker problem sorted, that's all I'm asking.

I'm not complaining that I didn't know his problems. I'm stating I did not know his problems. I can't take anything into account for he hasn't posted anything about this. I don't think he'd like his personal life thrown into this so let's leave it alone. I don't know him off of TPM, I have never known him off of TPM, I don't want to know anything about him off of TPM unless he says something.

And part of what you said made no sense whatsoever. Everyone's opinion is biased? Yes, that may be true because their opinion is biased to themselves, but what she means is that her opinion is not based on the two of them being friends. Her opinion is based on the good of the forum, and she knows how active he was. She knows how important he was to AC/CC.

Yes, it includes what they think, not what everyone thinks. Take the War in Iraq, we have people who are against it and people who are for it. That's bias. Textbooks are biased. Newspaper reports are biased. News is biased. Every opinion on what people think is right is biased. They don't include what other people think, tehy include what they think. Back to textbooks, there's a tiny paragraph in American textbooks about a massacre by the military in Colorado or a state by Texas. It states that the military killed 13 women and children by burning tents because of a miner strike. That's it says. Don't you want to know why they resulted in this? It won't tell you because it makes America look bad. Just like other things.

Yes, I have seen the last 3 pages of Hangman but you're the one making a big deal about it. He simply wanted you to use more than 5 words and single-letter words didn't count. You could have just followed his opinion without arguing with him about it, but no, you had to be stubborn about it and fight with him basically just because you felt like it.
    If you give me one good reason that you're going against Jay, state it now and I will be able to say that you are entitled to your opinion and no more than that. From what I can see right now, you're simply going against Jay because of Hangman, and that is not a good enough reason to go against him. You do not know enough about him to say anything you're saying. Learn your facts before you argue.
    Excuse me? I didn't get in the argumnt until it reached ten posts. It was Cyndaquil and Jay going at it. I stated what I thought was right and left it at that. Don't tell me that I was the one being stubborn. The argument started and heated up then and I was just tired of no posts for the actual game.
    I am not against Jay. I'm neutral with him but some of his posts are starting to get out of hand IMO. If I knew the facts you knew, then I wouldn't be agruing now would I? I have my facts, you have yours. I know mine and you know yours.
    You want to know something, he mocked Cyndaquil in the PCG rules topic because Cyndaquil caught a small mistake. Go check that out. I've seen some of his posts and they're looking more like outbursts now then ever.
    And you don't know enough about me to say that I don't know him. I know his TPM self, not his personal one. People, get that through. If he wants to involve his personal life and his frustration, then he shouldn't take it out on members who don't know this. That's all I'm saying, implying, whatever you think. Back off and we'll discuss this via PM or IM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Ok, everyone take a deep breath and calm down.

Now first of all, I'm neutral as far as the cc/ac currency topic is concerned. I can see some pros and cons for both sides.

Second i know latly i havent' been active in posting, mainly because of a serious amoutn of work for school, but i have been checkign in on the topics and stuff. For example this week i had two tests and a paper and i had hurt my back last weekend. I know it doesn' excuse it but i have been checking on things even if i didn't post. Personally, I'm kind of glad i wasn't hired at the GT. I have enough things on my plate.

I also don't care much for the ones that join the team immediately. I do it some, mainly for people who have just started out or something, though lately i've tried when i'd post not to have them go immediately. I know that there've been a couple of my old captees that i couldn't develop a personality for and the ones i'm talking about willingly joined my team right away. For captured pokemon. In my opinion, it hurts the ability to see what they're like and all that unless you already have a personality planned for them when you find it. Hope that wasn't confusing.

I also think that all of the workers have contributed to the topic in their own right and should be recognized. I'm friends with Jay and cheesey and almost all of the ac/cc workers. All of the workers past and present in the topics should be tolerated and not openly flamed or put down. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions. I do agree that a few things could be done to improve activity, but overall i think things are semidecent.

Edit: in hopes of making it less confusing ^^;;
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

You know what we need, people? A cooling off period. Let us clear our heads for a while and regroup. I will reopen this in the morning and any more discussion of Jay after that will be deleted. All that will be accepted is discussion of the AC/CC in general

Aquatic Fury: You wanted the mod's opinions and you got them. When have we acted all god-like and such? As far as I'm concerned, never. I think you're getting worked up over all of this and should cool down. I'm with Danny on the fact that Jay has only done a lot for AC/CC in recent years. Early history is credited to ETB, Gabi, Scott, Conner, QS Steve and whoever else did a lot back then. As for the forum as a whole, it goes to Vidgamer, Conner, L_3_F and the others. The later mods just tweak rules and smooth things over

If you guys want to continue this over PM/AIM, that's fine with us. Let's just keep private discussions off the board in the future
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Alrighty...

Crystal Caves: Something REALLY needs to be done about Crystal Cave's owner Pokemasterfrank. He NEVER posts but yet, no one will discuss about firing him. He always says he wants his spot because it makes him feel important, yet he makes what, one update a month? That is a very poor owner example. Amy hasn't updated in weeks, and Cheesey is setting a poor example by not doing jack about the worker problem lately. The new workers won't even update when he isn't around. Were they really the right decision?
    I agree with some of this section. I never post, thats right. I know that. And Cheesey had did stuff about it. He hired a few new workers. Cheesey is doing a great job as owner, I think. What really irks me about your post, other than you blatently insulting people, is that your quoting me from a nonexistant source. I had never said that I want it because it makes me feel important. I've been asked in the past by some people about how much I want the CCCC ownership. My responce always was that I never wanted to feel attached to it. Some people would bite people's heads off just to stay in power. I didn't want that to happen to me. I said that I would be willing to step down if asked to (though I'm thinking of making you an exception because you're a liar). And also, I have thought about stepping down, but there had been people encouraging me to continue (though I really don't deserve the position :/). Anyway, don't lie about stuff, alright. Yes, change is needed, but lying to get it isn't good at all.

Goldenrod Tower: It's also other places, such as Goldenrod. Cheesey decided to make a magical disappearance, and if it's no other reason than his computer broke down, I think that's a poor example of him being an owner, too.... And Dark Prince? I don't even NEED to explain why he doesn't deserve his owner position at Goldenrod Tower. He says his video games take up most of his time and he can't update, yet, he still is able to post pretty much everywhere else at TPM? Eamon and Danny were better than I thought, though. Another worker there, please, possibly exchanging for Dark Prince so he can go and play his silly video games.
    I'm not comprehending. Are you saying that if his reason is that his computer broke, than its not a good reason, or are you saying that if his reason is something other than his computer broke, that it is a bad reason? o_O And I think someone said that DP revamps old games as a job/hobby or something? *shrugs*

Buena's Radio Show: Same with the Crystal Caves, why the hell does Pokemasterfrank work there? He updated a little recently, but I look back and see nothing posted. The place is speedily racking up with many questions and no one updates. Aragornbird was hired because he posted there regularly, yet, where is he? Danny is barely keeping it alive, but I strongly suggest another worker there.
    Alright. First of all, I'm not an owner anymore, and I frankly didn't deserve it. Aragornbird has a lot to do, he works practically everywhere. Give him some slack.

Expedia: Not much of a fan of this place, but it's SO inactive I can't believe it. Aragornbird (AGAIN) barely posts and updates there, and Pikachu101 has only updated a couple of times. I hear the place is really hard to update, but still, it's not an excuse that Gabi should make all the updates there. Who is Avian Freeze? Why is he still working there? I know he's an owner, but is this going to be like Pokemasterfrank? Just because he helped make the place, does it mean he automatically works there for the rest of his life? I suggest more workers at that place... a LOT more. It's dying because of it's activity.
    I think you meant inactivity in the last sentence. Avain Freeze disappeared a while back. Anyway...

Moderators: It's about time I had to complain... But, why does EVERY SINGLE PCG MODERATOR avoid public discussions? I think everyone knows Jay is right and they don't want to argue, but really, you are all making it worse by not contributing. He is setting a better example than every moderator here ten fold, and all of you know it. I can't believe this... You're great examples, aren't you?

I'm very pissed off about this. Moderators, do something for god sake.
    And about the life thing. Yes, its hard to believe, but some of us want to enjoy our lives away from TPM every once in a while. In my Freshman year of High School (last year), I wandered my way back to TPM and joined the forums. I got into RPG, Fanfics, and AC/CC. When I was hired at BRS, I would update every chance I could (and left my homework to rot). After about three months, I guess I burned out. I also found that if I didn't do AC/CC so much (I was literally wondering around TPM all the time until someone wanted an update), I would get homework done. You expect the workers and owners to be fully devoted to AC/CC. We have lives. If I devoted myself fully to TPM, I probably wouldn't be able to go into college in 1 1/2 years because my grades would suck. And sitting around in front of a computer screen all day isn't healthy either >_>

Kelly - Yes I don't deserve it. I don't update at all. I should update at least once a day or something, but I don't, alright.

Originally posted by TML
    My biggest beef concerns with CCCC. I'm not complaining of activeness or PA not getting any customers but the way in which the customers there capture Pokemon. Honestly, in the game or in the anime, have you ever seen a Pokemon come straight up to a human and just instantly be friends with it, saying they know the person will be a good trainer? I seriously doubt it. The only way you should and can catch one is with a battle. I know some are captured with a battle but c'mon, Pokemon going submissive and wanting to be caught? No way in h*ll is that feasible
    I agree. Most of the workers are a bit too easy on this aspect. For the times I had updated, I had made it harder for people to capture (though I dont' update enough to make a difference anyway >_>).

Frank's excuse has always been he's 'lazy'. Kyle's excuse has been that he's 'playing video games.' Neither excuse is approvable to me, and they've been hogging spots where Jay or possibly other people could be working instead. --; As far as I know, they were about to fire you also. They, being Kyle. Who is girl-worker-crazy.
    Its not an excuse. Its fact. I'm a lazy bum. There have been hour periods in which I could have chosen to do an update, but played Halo instead. I chose to spend what little free time I have at the moment to play a game instead of update. But still, I'd like to see you try to work all the time and not play. Imagine this, you come home from a long day at school. Your tired out, because of your lack of sleep and overconsumption of caffiene. You plop into your chair. Do you want to work? I bet you'd feel like you'd want a break. I know I do. I take some time off from everything, and then jump into my homework (or procrastinate...though I should update in that time or something, right?). And I don't do it to hog spots. I've considered many times in the past to hand ownership down to Jay, but he keeps encouraging me to continue there, if it makes you feel any better >_>

Frank was asked, and he doesn't want to be fired because he just wants to 'hog' the spot, and that was pretty much his exact words. No one has talked about firing Kyle, but he NEEDS the boot desperately. Jay asked to be a worker at Goldenrod, and Jay has talked to various other people about gaining his position back at Crystal Caves. Both places he can't work at because these two hogs won't give up their spots --; I'm not being biased because these are two places where Jay wants to work, these were the two most obvious examples to me, and they were surprisingly Jay's top two choices of where he wants to work.
    Again, thanks for lying, your really giving an impression that your a good person >_>. I have never said I wanted to hog the spot. I have said before that I would be willing to dump my spot off if someone asks (and again, your lying *** makes me think I shouldn't honor your request because you don't deserve it).

Kelly... "As for Danny: I would advise you to shut up about this, the only reason you're saying that is because you want some of the attention also and you know it." <---- Thats a great way to continue a mature conversation >_>

Alright, anyway. If you want me out, fine. But don't lie your way into it. If you ask me to leave, I will (but Haunted Toilet, don't even bring it up to me. I won't honor any of your lies.). And dude, TML is right, if you don't get your info directly, don't start something up.

EDIT: I'm a horrible speller... ._.;;;

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

*Looks at Kyle in ummmm* I really don't think he'd be the right choice to keep going at Goldenrod. Sure, people have lives, but if your excuse is going to be that your playing video games and can't be bothered to update specifically for GT where you can post at other places such as CCCC and BT, then give someone else a go. =/ However, Cheesey's activity is ranking up to Kyle's lately, and that's not good either...

I've never had a problem with Frank, since he contributes outside of Crystal Caves and sets up tournaments. I don't know... If he quits it will be up to him. I talked to him yesterday and stuff and he wasn't sure, so maybe just give him time to decide. Edit: *just read above* *sigh*

I have one thing to contribute to my 'argument' -- If you're not willing to ask about my problems, then please, just shut up about how I'm a bad person if you have no clue about what my life is like. Okay? I'm dealing it tough right now.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

A lot is going on here. Why don't we have a chat (or more) to discuss it? Everyone's invited, just set a date and time.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ladeedadeedadeedadeeda... *hops into argument , Red Riding Hood style*

Hey, it's me! Former GT worker! *people stare* The guy that stepped aside and had his place given to Eamon? *people stare* That lurker-worker? *people get slight spark of remembering in eyes* Now we're talking...

Okay then, let me first tell you about how I'm rather ignorant of ancient AC/CC history. (Just so you guys can save yourselves the troubles of saying it yourselves.) But, I do know the part of the 'history' I lived meself. So, I entered the game of AP early May 2003. After a rather active period, I got 'workered' at the GT late June 2003. What happened afterwards can still be read at the current GT version. In short, I slacked.

But, moving to more relevantism: I became the co-worker of Danny, Kyle and Jay. Some time after, Jay left and after a while, Chris was workered (or vice-versa, my memory's slacking).
    I'm well aware I don't know much about Chris' TPM history: when I first got to know him, I thought he was fairly new to the forums; it wasn't until quite some time afterwards I discovered his having many other jobs (e.g. at the CCCC) and having been around for quite some time already at TPM.
    But, my ignorance put aside, I grew to appreciate this "cheesy" fellow. He was quite enthousiastic, and quite active (which couldn't be said from me). And in random AIM conversations with him, I had (and hopefully will still have) a good laugh.

In the relatively short time here at AC/CC I've grown to known Cheesey a little bit: he's enthousiastic, active, and seemingly good at multi-tasking (though I really only kept track of his 'tasks' at the GT). So if he's going through some short of inactive period now, you can't yet fire (or flame) him for it, since it hasn't become a habit of him yet, unlike for my case.

Now, Jay:
    You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay
    ... and you'd still not know everything. What I'm trying to say is, in no way I know what Jay means, has meant, or will mean for the AC/CC, or for any of the workers working there currently or in the past (e.g. Cheesey). I can only speak from the little tads of his I've seen myself.
    When I first bumped into his person, his comments, some sarcastic, some cynical, some some other things, immediately sprung into view. But I didn't really get what the people were flaming him about. When I got to work with him, nothing abnormal really struck me; I never really searched for anything, either. When Jay got fired/resigned/whatever as a mod, and began being active after a while again, I noticed his posts and comments, for me, seemed to be more sharp. Then again, I had and have no idea what's going on behind his keyboard, so I don't know.

I only know that I find it... odd that he's such a topical subject (search for 'Jay' on the last 2, 3 pages and you'll know what I mean). How important and respected he might have been in the past, and how important and respected he might be now, I don't see how one guy, even such a 'Faithless' one, can make the difference between a forum's revival, and its funeral.

About job-hogging hoggers in general: yes, leave them their lives. Yes, make them aware of the fact their absence has a negative effect. Yes, make sure they have a respectable amount of updates on their name in one version of a thread.
    But no, don't replace them by eager, fresh guys and gals without careful analysis of the candidates on beforehand. Their eagerness might fade too soon, and their 'freshness' in AC/CC might not be so 'cool'...
    I'm fully aware I'm now going against Eamon's workering, but I don't care. For, that case is closed, it's finished, it's locked, let's move on, and select new workers very carefully in the future, (perhaps a type of contest with rules and regulations every AC/CC-er can live with?) so no new hoggers may arise and occupy places, with new arguments like this one following closeby.

Ladeedadeedadeedadeeda... *hops out of argument , Red Riding Hood style*
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

A time whenever you feel is appropriate, Gabi.

As time is moving, I'm starting to slowly despise Cheesey over some 'lies', but that's moving into his personal life. Sooo, let's not go there. It's just that because of this, I'm reacting rather belligerent towards where he works, but still, no problem yet.

You people who are bitching about people having lives.. Zei is correct when she says that there are people wanting to have worker positions at some places. If they want to go play their games or lead a better personal life, let them. It's not our benefit so much, it's theirs. It comes both ways, I guess. It's basically decided on the business. If it's a place such as Goldenrod Tower or CCCC, where a lot of people would probably like to work there, and a particular one or two workers are so inactive that they can't keep up anymore, then it would be best for them to leave. You saw how many applications there were for CCCC, right? Lots. This isn't involving my opinion on Frank at all, I'm just stating an example.

I don't really have much to say on how I set the funeral to PCG by leaving, but none of these problems arose while I was here, agree? People who like me tell me that I left a big impression on the place when I came and left, and people who don't tell me that they don't want me or others to believe so. I'm not saying I set the death bed or renewal of ACCC/PCG, but I did set some sort of mark when I left. I plan to help fix everything up, too, whether people think I'm going to act cynical about it or not. I plan to.

Ah right.. Please don't call me cynical, I very disapprove that I am. Was, but am not. The best you can call me without offending me is tight, and yes, I do think I'm tight. People react differently to people acting tight and people acting carefree, but I feel the message gets across easily when I'm tight, or cynical, whatever. My frustration blends in to this, so if you can't approve with me I will eventually explode. It's just stuff I can't help. I've assaulted my parents a lot of the time in real life because of silly, minor things that I cannot help (it's just some sort of cynicalness that takes over me), and it's exactly the same here, though no one here understands every part of me. So, yeah, quiet now about my problems. If you have some sort of issue about this then IM / PM me, I hate it when it gets onto the boards for everyone to read.

Also, one thing about Cheesey is his inactiveness at the Battle Tower. This is not acting biased because I hate him, because I don't. He's still one of my very good friends, and hopefully, whenever he returns and we resolve our problems, he will be my best friend again too. He has only reffed a battle or two in his whole time when he was hired, and that was the time I was on my Jay account still (in November, was it?). Ah I remember that, I asked for my spot back but couldn't because Cheesey took the last worker spot, and I had a major argument and fight to get that spot back, but lost it again because I got banned. And won't be getting it back.

Please realise no one is 'special' here, at least, not outstandingly. All you people are making it out that Cheesey is special, and some think I am special. We're all equal, treat each other the same. We're a family.

Administrator

As far as the Battle Range goes, I hope its new addition will help.
    Also, since everybody's saying we should be able to use stamps, and the reason why we've never used them is gone, I guess we can put that in effect too.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

When I was back on Pokemasters when it was on the old-old-old site, we could trade Pokemon. Is that still legal here? just wondering
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yep, trading is still possible.

Administrator

Congrats, Jay! You've just earned yourself a stamp at the rules topic! ˘

Banned

I have three questions before I begin, and I think this would be the best place to do it.

1) I can't find a spot that really explains bred-on moves. Is it that when I adopt a Pokemon, I can pick one TM move it can learn, and make it as if it knows the move? =/

2) Can I take my Adopted Pokemon to the Capture Center to level them by just fighting the wild Pokemon? If not, can I take any Captured Pokemon I may find, and fight wild Pokemon to level them?

3) If I were to battle someone else, could I use a combination of my Adopted and Captured Pokemon?

Thanks a lot. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious
    1) I can't find a spot that really explains bred-on moves. Is it that when I adopt a Pokemon, I can pick one TM move it can learn, and make it as if it knows the move? =/

2) Can I take my Adopted Pokemon to the Capture Center to level them by just fighting the wild Pokemon? If not, can I take any Captured Pokemon I may find, and fight wild Pokemon to level them?

3) If I were to battle someone else, could I use a combination of my Adopted and Captured Pokemon?

Thanks a lot. =)
    1) When you adopt a Pokemon it gets a Move that can be bred onto it in game so like a Charmander getting the breed on move Swords Dance.

2) You can't take your adopted Pokemon to the Capture Centre because adopted Pokemon and captured Pokemon are totally different. You can't level up fighting wild Pokemon because you're ment to catch them or fight them away.

3) You can battle other people but you can't use both adopted Pokemon and captured Pokemon together just one or the other.

Administrator

And Andy gets a stamp. Welcome back!
    For more questions, refer to the FAQ.
    If you still have questions, post them here or PM me. You may help me make the FAQ better.

Banned

I'm not sure this is in the right thread but oh well...
    I don't get how to get somebody to post the parts where you are capturing pokemon or how to get them to know your there and do you need to get pokeballs anywhere to capture pokemon? Someone tell me. Thx!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Rider
    I'm not sure this is in the right thread but oh well...
    I don't get how to get somebody to post the parts where you are capturing pokemon or how to get them to know your there and do you need to get pokeballs anywhere to capture pokemon? Someone tell me. Thx!
    Err... I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking, but if you want to join in at the capture centers, just look at the first post to see what regions there are, and then pick one and go there. You get Pokeballs from both places when you start, I beleive. Just look in the first post or ask there ;o.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aipom Of Doom
    Err... I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking, but if you want to join in at the capture centers, just look at the first post to see what regions there are, and then pick one and go there. You get Pokeballs from both places when you start, I beleive. Just look in the first post or ask there ;o.
    Oh crap now I get it! Boy am I stupid! :p

Banned

Thanks a lot for the help. I understand things a lot better now. =)

Elite Trainer

I'd like to enter Expedia one of these days, but before I do, I've got a couple of questions:
    1. Since you can enter both an Adopted and a Captured Pokémon, where does this adventure fit in in relation to the other storylines, if anywhere? I'm asking with the eye on possibly referring to the things my Pokémon do there at the Eevee House or at the Battle Range.
    2. Is it possible to change one of your "own" Pokémon? E.g. not the Pokémon you encounter there, but one of your AP/CP's.
    3. CCPs or Stamps?

Administrator

1. Nowhere. It's a different storyline. But if you want to talk about it in your stories, you can refer to it as a game you've been playing.
    2. What do you mean by change? Switch them for another? In that case, no. Pokemon cannot be switched unless they're traded or given away, or you decide to start over (like a few poeple have done).
    3. Either. Both. Whichever you prefer.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    1. Nowhere. It's a different storyline. But if you want to talk about it in your stories, you can refer to it as a game you've been playing.
    Yeah, because I don't like the idea for my Adoptees to have mysteriously gained a level, without me being able to come up with an explanation that works in the DT Universe.
    2. What do you mean by change? Switch them for another? In that case, no. Pokemon cannot be switched unless they're traded or given away, or you decide to start over (like a few poeple have done).
    Well, that seems logical, looking at the above. But it'd still be weird: one minute you're at the bottom of Maiden's Peak, and the next, you're "stranded" back on Welcome Beach.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Question: Doesn't the whole concept of AC/CC appear to be dying? I mean, why bother with it? I left the place because there's no fun in it anymore -- some key people of AC/CC either left, or lost their importance, and in my eyes all businesses appear to be losing its momentum. Especially CCCC and BRS.

Another thing: this place should be in RPG. Why is it in PCG anyway, anymore? You made the subforum to organise the place, now you need to put it in its right place at TPM. If you've looked at other big places, the adoption centers and stuff were put in the RPG place. Why? You're roleplaying.

I think the only reason why you aren't going to move AC/CC over to RPG is because every current PCG mod is dependant on AC/CC. Hence if it's moved, they aren't needed here anymore.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Question: Doesn't the whole concept of AC/CC appear to be dying? I mean, why bother with it? I left the place because there's no fun in it anymore -- some key people of AC/CC either left, or lost their importance, and in my eyes all businesses appear to be losing its momentum. Especially CCCC and BRS.

Another thing: this place should be in RPG. Why is it in PCG anyway, anymore? You made the subforum to organise the place, now you need to put it in its right place at TPM. If you've looked at other big places, the adoption centers and stuff were put in the RPG place. Why? You're roleplaying.

I think the only reason why you aren't going to move AC/CC over to RPG is because every current PCG mod is dependant on AC/CC. Hence if it's moved, they aren't needed here anymore.
    I'm tired as I type this so if there are typos or something bear in mind that.

I really don't think its dying. We've had a couple of new people join latley. While some topics aren't as active there are still others that are.

Its not really a role playing game. Its more like a large scale multiplayer game. We rate peoples stories based on the quality of them. Also we have places where you can take the rewards you earned and buy stuff for your pokes. Also really theres no steady theme. The scenarios change, albeit slow sometimes btu htere is the rbgs as well. There is also the battle tower, and the breeding center where you battle like the game boy games. I havent' looked at "other big sites" I'm jsut going on how things are here in the subforum. There may be some aspects but i dont think that its enough to have it moved. Its been here in PCG for as long as i can remember anyway ^^;

I myself am not depended on AC/CC. Sure alot of my posts are here. However i am trying to post more in the main section. I was sidelined lately with a paper i had for nurtition and a few tests last week in a few other classes. Sure thats not an excuse but i was still coming here and checking up on things. In fact, i need to go and post in the rpg that i am in. I know that isn't an excuse, btu school is important as well. Not trying to be rude, jsut trying to explain things the way i see it at least.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm not the one to argue with you, Amy, I'll just say that's reasonable.

Buying the items and stuff for your 'adoptees/captees' is roleplaying more than it being a game, no? The whole concept is based around imaginary pokemon that you can capture and adopt. I guess it doesn't really matter where this ends up, I think it's RPG more than anything now it has a subforum, but really, there should be a moderator who is fully active in the main part of PCG, rather than AC/CC. PCG was supposed to be structured around polls, games, and clubs. Not adoption centers and capture centers.

You would probably be the most active of the current three that posts everywhere here, so that's good. I would prefer to see equal activity in both parts and not biased activity.

Particularly at Bec / Danny, if you structure your whole PCG experiences around adoption and capture centers, then mod the subforum, not the whole of PCG. That's kind of pointless in the end.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Just thought I might as well confirm it here, but I'm resigning from all the positions I have here. But now for the main point of this post...

In early March I vanished because I didn't have the urge to come online and talk to people, come to TPM and post around the place. It just didn't have the same appeal as it once did. So I just didn't return... I began working on a social life and it pretty much worked, so I didn't come back and explain this sooner, which I know I should've. And now that i've posted... This doesn't have the same appeal. It seems more of a chore. And I just can't cope with the pressure. I'm sorry but I'm not going to work here any longer. I'll come online now and again, but I'm not going to be an active member.

I expect Kelly and Jay are going to hate me (if they don't already, I've lost track) but there's nothing I'm going to do. I'm not putting up with the strain it's been putting on me.

I'll be around, but not much. =/ See y'all. ^^

Administrator

Well, it's good to know what your disappearance was about, and also that you're doing well. I hope everything goes well for you.

All the major Workers here are disappearing but we're all still holding together luckily. Does anyone know the reason for all their disappearances? I know TPM has sure change because it's got less active but some good things are still going on. TPM is a friendly place to be and I just feel a bit sad that some major Workers at AC/CC are leaving.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by andyizcool
    All the major Workers here are disappearing but we're all still holding together luckily. Does anyone know the reason for all their disappearances?
    Well, I don't know the reason for all of their disappearances (as in, for each and every one of them), but I think I've seen some fragments of the general picture. It's got to do a bit with the stress the job comes with, a bit with the final/further exploration of life off-line; sometimes it has to do with the fact the "care-level" of people for TPM goes down (into the negative for some), ... Actually, just think about the reasons people quit jobs IRL; if you protect those reasons on TPM, they generally match.

@ Cheese: .^.'' If you come by this by any chance, just know that I'm behind ya (don't look over your shoulder by the way, I'm invisible ). If you're making social contacts, where-ever in space (cyber or hyper) that may be, you can't be blamed. And as you didn't leave with slamming doors and flame-filled threads, you can count on the fact there are going to be people who'll welcome you back, if you ever jump into the TPM 'action' again. So enjoy Chris.
    And if I never catch you on AIM again: bee!!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You can suck up if the person isn't a moderator. O_o Whatever the reason is, I don't know. I'm just stating that you can and, moderator or not, isn't a factor.

Edit: ... nevermind. I'll save that question for later.

A quick question. You know at every 10 Levels you get a Free TM which the Pokemon has to be able learn and it has to be from one of the games. On Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, Charizard learns Blast Burn, Blastoise learns Hydro Cannon, and Venusaur learns Frezy Plant off a Move Tutor. Would we be able to have one of those moves as a Free Level 10 TM if we have a Charizard, Blastoise, or Venusaur? Thanks for any help given to me.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Move tutor moves are allowed as your free TM move. So yes.

Administrator

¢ for Jay.

I couldn't find this in the FAQ or anything so I have a question. It costs 5 Stamps to leave a Pokemon at the Adoption Centre. Does it cost anything if you just give your Pokemon to another Trainer because they want it?

Administrator

Trading is free, so I guess you can do that for free too, since the pokemon won't really be abandoned.