Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Adopted/Captured Pokemon Rules + Where everything is and what you do there

Default Adopted/Captured Pokemon Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    Trading is free, so I guess you can do that for free too, since the pokemon won't really be abandoned.
    Thanks. Just one more question. Where would it need to be confirmed? Thanks to anyone that helps me.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Why didn't I get a thanks?

I would say you need to confirm it at the Adoption Center (either), just so no one thinks that you got that pokemon out of no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Why didn't I get a thanks?

I would say you need to confirm it at the Adoption Center (either), just so no one thinks that you got that pokemon out of no where.
    Thanks. Sorry about not saying thanks before. My mind is thinking too many things at once lately.

Banned

Gabi - whenever I try to access one of your pages on forboards, a sidepane comes up. I can't read the FAQ or a few other pages on your site whatsoever. Is there a way I can avoid the tripod sidepane, or will I simply have to live with it?

I also have a small suggestion, which will probably not get much recognition. I thought it would be a nice idea, so I brought it here. These days, when you want two people to help you breed for a Dratini, it's very hard to find an active member who is willing to let their Dratini (or evolution) breed for someone. Since we have to pay for it, wouldn't it be a better option if we could "Adopt a Dratini for 100 Stamps"? Same fee, same rule, but we could have the option of either adopting or breeding for one. A good idea for adopting one is that we would have to wait for 2 days for it, just like when you breed one. I'm sorry if it's been discussed before, since I'm not aware of it. ^^;; If anyone has some decent feedback on my suggestion, I'm more than happy to listen.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

100 stamps is not much to earn. At that rate they'd be more common than Eevees.

Keep at last one species rare, thanks. (Dratini, duh)

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I think it would work, at least once anyway. Almost all of the Dratinis, Dragonairs, Dragonites are related to each other and breeding a daughter and father/uncle/brother or two cousins isn't really ethical so if the next person who gets 100 stamps wants a Dratini, you can adopt one out of one of the centers only once and the rest of the time can go back to breeding
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Banned

Um, Jay? Did you happen to read my post? X_x

Seeing as you obviously didn't pay close attention, once again.. here is my suggestion.
    ¤ FOR ONE HUNDRED STAMPS (50 Battle Range, 50 Regular) we could ask to adopt a Dratini (and maybe wait for 2 days for it to arrive), since barely anyone will let their Dratini (OR EVO) breed.

Hopefully, that will be more clear for you, Jay.

Also, I agree with you, Becca. That sounds like a good idea, too. My main problem is that we need to pay for a Dratini, yet there's not one person who is willing to breed theirs. So, since we need to pay, it would be a nicer idea if we could adopt a Dratini and still pay the fee.

Banned

I agree completely. What's the point of having something like that if no one's going to breed you one?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

And I will repeat what I just said Angel Blossom as I did read your post. >_>

100 stamps is not much to earn.

I don't agree with this. Dratini's have always been a specialty here at AC/CC for so long, don't spoil this by making them so easily accessible to obtain.

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hm, maybe before (or while) making adopting a Dratini an option (whether it's an elite option or not), maybe a family tree could be made of the Drat's, with an explanation as to where the 2 different mutations come from (in other words, Lagi). This might just come in handy for those looking around for a Dratini, whilst giving them information about who owns a Dratiniling, or a Pokémon related to one. This so that people won't be waiting weeks for a reply to their PM, only to find out that the winged Dratini and blue Dragonite they wanted to have breed are distant cousins.
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

heh, just about all of the adopted Dratinis are related, so the best option would be to breed some other Pokemon with a female one... that's not a problem really.

The problem I see is that the number of active people with Dratinis is dwindling, and few/none of them are willing to breed their Dratinis for whatever reason.

So yeah, having Dratinis be adoptable for 100 stamps would be a good idea... Yes, Jay, 100 stamps isn't that hard to earn, but the 50 battle range stamps can take a while... And anyway it won't make Dratinis more common (since eventually someone usually lets thier Dratini breed), it would just take the frusturation out of having to bug everyone.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Meh, if this rule is put into place, I wish I could have gotten Elwing during this time. Extremespeed is a nice thing to put on a Dratini, and we, the ones who have been restricted to getting Dratinis bred, are barred from getting the move unless we're lucky like Amy and get Extremespeed from the EMT. If Dratini can be directly adopted, the people who got theirs before the ruling should be compensated with being allowed to get Extremespeed on their Dratinis as a 10 level increment free TM.

Also, part of the challenge of getting a Dratini is finding the parent. I got my Dratini's mother from a person who's never really around much at all (and was quite inactive at the time I asked her). I was patient and waited, and she answered my PM. I don't think its fair for us, having gone through all that, to suddenly see other people able to get Dratini so much more easily. At least if direct adoption is allowed the Stamp requirement should be all 100 from the Battle Range.

By the way, given a little time, I'm pretty sure I know at least two people who will be willing to let their Dratinis breed. There's a decent bunch of maturing Dratini around right now, not quite of breeding age, but nearly there.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I find it funny that the people complaining are what you would call 'newbies' to AC/CC, and don't know the history of the Dratini.

Banned

I find it funny that people who are what you would call 'vets' in AC/CC are making such a big deal about someone wanting to obtain a few bytes of data containing the letters D, R, A, T, I, N, and I. Lighten up, people, it's not like they're real or anything.

EDIT: Obligatory wave

Banned

I don't agree with this. Dratini's have always been a specialty here at AC/CC for so long, don't spoil this by making them so easily accessible to obtain.
    Huh..? o_o"

I'm sorry if when I try to make a suggestion, I'm spoiling the legacy of Dratinis. Whether I'm (or if the others are) considered a newbie or not, we have sense of the importance of Dratinis here in the AC/CC. We're not the ones who are complaining either - we're making small suggestions. I completely understand if you disagree, but hey.

But either way, I never intended to "spoil" this whole thing by making a simple comment..

Although I have found someone who will breed theirs for me, I think it would be nice to still pay attention to the suggestion. (duh. :P)

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalmaster Mike
    Hm, maybe before (or while) making adopting a Dratini an option (whether it's an elite option or not), maybe a family tree could be made of the Drat's, with an explanation as to where the 2 different mutations come from (in other words, Lagi). This might just come in handy for those looking around for a Dratini, whilst giving them information about who owns a Dratiniling, or a Pokémon related to one. This so that people won't be waiting weeks for a reply to their PM, only to find out that the winged Dratini and blue Dragonite they wanted to have breed are distant cousins.
    Actually, Lagi's only responsible for the wings mutation, and Mirage (the blue Ditto) for the color. As far as I know, BlueShadow is the only blue Dragonite around.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Elite Trainer

Actually, Lagi's only responsible for the wings mutation, and Mirage (the blue Ditto) for the color. As far as I know, BlueShadow is the only blue Dragonite around.
    Oh, my mistake. I hadn't known about a Ditto being one of BlueShadow's ancestors. I thought it had been like this:
    Lagi x Gyarados = Mystic (Dratini).
    Talut (Dragonite) x Mystic (Dratini) = Blue Shadow (Blue Dragonite).

Come to think of it, even if I'd been right, it wouldn't have been Lagi's genes causing the blue mutation. Meh.

Administrator

You got that part right, but didn't go back far enough. You missed a part of the family tree.
    Indraugnir and some pokemon Scott never mentioned ->Bahamut
    Bahamut and Mirage->Talut

You know the rest. Yes, the color skipped a generation. That can't happen anymore, but things weren't so organized back then.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Elite Trainer

You got that part right, but didn't go back far enough. You missed a part of the family tree.
    Indraugnir and some pokemon Scott never mentioned ->Bahamut
    Bahamut and Mirage->Talut

You know the rest. Yes, the color skipped a generation. That can't happen anymore, but things weren't so organized back then.
    Oh, I see. Thanks! I'll save that info!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Next time please do not spam and reply to her with such a spammy comment. Muchly appreciated.

Thank you.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cruption
    Next time please do not spam and reply to her with such a spammy comment. Muchly appreciated.

Thank you.
    And this comes from a person who's spammed countless times on purpose and got himself banned for it
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

I didn't know where to post this information but I needed to let all you AC/CC people know. My friend Phil (cloudizme) has sent me an MSN message that he could only just get to me. He says his computer is completely frozen in most places like his Internet not working and his mouse cursor won't move. He wanted me to tell you all he won't be around here for sometime but when he gets back he'll be active as he normally is again.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks Andy for posting that but now I am back, with a new computer (Yay) and the old one is being wiped. I'll be around now.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by cloudizme
    Thanks Andy for posting that but now I am back, with a new computer (Yay) and the old one is being wiped. I'll be around now.
    Welcome back then =). I'd suggest you get anti-virus software though if you haven't already so your computer doesn't get messed up again... and anti-adware/spyware programs are good too =o.

Banned

I have another question. If you cathc a level ten Pokemon in the Capture Centers, would you get a bred-on move and a TM for it because it reached a multiple of ten?

Banned

I also have a question. My Smokescreen TM; I'd rather not use it on Spintus as he can learn it naturally later, but I don't know what else I can use it on. Can I just use it on any Normal Pokemon? Or do I have to use it on a Pokemon that learns it normally? This also goes for all those other TM's out there that aren't listed in the TM Compatibility List or in the guides, etc...

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Linc-yes, if you catch a Pokémon above L10, then you will get to choose both its bred on move and a L10 TM.

Chrono-you can use it on any Pokémon that learns it naturally or via breeding.

Banned

Lol, I'm back after vanishing as all of you would see if you have recently gone to the video games forum, and I have a question..
    I disappeared for quite a while, are my Pokemon still eligible for use? I don't know if I still have my pages on there, I might have deleted them, so will I have to start over or can I keep what I had?

Administrator

Welcome back, Kelly!
    As long as you still have their info, your pokemon are still there for you to train them.

Congratulations! Your question has made it to the FAQ!

Banned

Darn.. they're gone, lol.
    Thanks for the welcome ^_^
    I'll just start over anew, since I don't have any archive/memory of my old Pokemon, I think it would be best to start over anyway.

Banned

Ummmmm...I'd sorta like to ask the same thing as Kelly ^^; I know it's the second time and all....But...I dunno X_x;

Banned

Err.. Fix your tags there X_x;
    I would figure that you would be able to start over again, but don't really do it very much, because it may make someone irritated if you adopted a Pokemon that they wanted and then you just trash it.. but I would suppose it would be okay a second time, but a third would be iffy.
    But I don't know. It's up to the workers/owners.

Banned

wait I still dont get this, both of the adoption forms are closed and I cant get a pokemon, I am really confused

Banned

caimsfiredragon377, you may adopt a Pokemon from these two places.
    PokeZoo Adoption Center
    Dragon Tamers Adoption Center
    The links on the main page may be old.
    Just in case you were wondering, the capture centers are here:
    Pokemon Avengers Capture Center
    Crystal Caves Capture Center

To adopt a Pokemon, simply post in one of the two adoption centers and say that you want to adopt a Pokemon on the list that is still available and has not been adopted.

EDIT: Yes, the links are old. Can a mod update the links? PZAC links to version 25 and DTAC links to version 3.. I believe.
    It's a version older than they are.
    I'm not sure of the other links, but they may just be old too, especially the GT considering the fact that a version 30 was just posted.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

There are two types of adoption, captured and adopted. For adopted, you can adopt from Dragon Tamers Adoption Center and PokeZoo Adoption Center. For captured Pokemon, you can get them from Pokemon Avengers or Crystal Caves. You can have 30 Pokemon total, 15 from adopted and 15 from captured

With both types, you can go to the Eevee House and interact with other Pokemon and trainers (it has to be in RPG format though so no one-liners). For battles, you can take your adopted Pokemon to the Dragon Tamers Battle Range and for captured, Crystal Caves Battle Arena. You can also go to the PokeZoo Battle Tower to battle other trainers but you have to arrange the battles over AIM, MSN, Yahoo or PMs. Adopted Pokemon must fight other adopted Pokemon, no cross battling
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Updated all the links
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

helo

May I ask why don't all the moderators of PCG just moderate the subforum, and give some certain people who are ACTIVE and HELPFUL in the MAIN PART a chance at a moderator spot? Or at least the ones that are purely dedicated to looking after AC/CC. Aipom and TML are somewhat active in the main part, but I just don't see enough posting going on from Wolfsong or Kirei in PCG. I thought Kirei got moderated because she was active in the main part, but it turns out that she's just here for the AC/CC stuff. And I know Wolfsong is busy and has her reasons, but she does seem to post an awful lot here.

Not much moderating goes on in the main part, although not much is done anymore, I don't see any moderator posting enough in the main part to care about it. Just something to keep in mind, since I find it kind of selfish to keep a moderator spot where you aren't using it to your full potential.

Banned

helo

May I ask why don't all the moderators of PCG just moderate the subforum, and give some certain people who are ACTIVE and HELPFUL in the MAIN PART a chance at a moderator spot? Or at least the ones that are purely dedicated to looking after AC/CC. Aipom and TML are somewhat active in the main part, but I just don't see enough posting going on from Wolfsong or Kirei in PCG. I thought Kirei got moderated because she was active in the main part, but it turns out that she's just here for the AC/CC stuff. And I know Wolfsong is busy and has her reasons, but she does seem to post an awful lot here.

Not much moderating goes on in the main part, although not much is done anymore, I don't see any moderator posting enough in the main part to care about it. Just something to keep in mind, since I find it kind of selfish to keep a moderator spot where you aren't using it to your full potential.

Wolfsong actually does post here quite a bit..
    The only way I see this problem getting resolved is either finding people who are interested in both (which one or two are), or finding some way to separate the moderators between PCG and AC/CC. I don't think it's possible, but it would fix that problem if it was.

I'm on TPM practically all day and just because I'm not constantly posting replies to things it doesn't mean I wouldn't be fast to stop any SPAM that was posted or solve any problems that came up. I do try to post when I see things that interest me and must admit my posting hasn't been as frequent lately, but I've been ill recently and haven't always felt like posting many replies unless it was something I really needed to. I'll try to post more like I used to though.
    [FONT=verdana]
    Kirei

~-~-~-~ DON'T COVER MY GEM!! ~-~-~-~

~ COME AND ADOPT POKéMON AND PLAY ASB AT TSUYOIS LAIR ~

Click on me!

~~Avatar by Orion~~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yeah, i know i've been posting here a lot, btu i do look around and post in polls and do my jobs around the main when i'm not beat to some of them. I do post in polls that interest me even if it takes a while to get the time to. I do admit in the next week or so, my posts may be a little rarer becuase i have abotu 3 papers and one projects due in November and pretty much close together but i'll try and keep somewhat active. But hopefully after these papers are done i'll be active again alot. though you may see a poll around based on one of my papers for one of my classes x.x
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon