Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New revelations.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: New revelations.

Yeah, ice cream pokemon. From what I heard, the list has it slightly wrong. The evolution actually is: ice cream -> ice cream cone -> double scoop ice cream cone.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

DO y'all notice that there's about two dozen legendaries out there now? Pretty "legendary" eh?

Cloyster Moderator

Base stats!

Edit: Yes, that's a link up there by the way (the skin for the B/W doesn't underline links for some reason).

As for the legendaries. They still like to go legendary crazy, but I think we got more in Gen 4 IIRC.
    Last edited by Jeff; 16th September 2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

We got 13 in DPP.

Also, ice cream Pokemon... Just what the fuck.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Cloyster Moderator

... and we got 14 in Gen 5. OK, nevermind then

And the moment we've all been waiting for: Sprites!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm totally getting the Drill mole pokemon, the sandcroc, the flying 'dino', the toad and the rock/water turtle.

Black and white is going to be awesome.

First HGSS, now this. What the fuck gamefreak.

Veteran Trainer

Time to complain!

Enbuoo's design: The flames, the yellow squiggle, etc., are all straight off of Infernape. Fucking LAZY, GameFreak.
    Shinpora: What the Christ is THIS thing? Did Giratina and Chimecho have sex and produce this thing? Is it a Distortion World kitchen utensil? What the Hell am I looking at?
    The ice cream line: Bad. Not good-bad, like many of the series' designs. Bad-bad. It looks like something from one of those dA Fakemon sprite sheets.
    Shubarugo: ...........WHAT.
    Furijio: We do NOT need another Glalie. Return to sender.

Not many complaints from me. The Gear line looks pretty lazy, though. I hope it has a cool gimmick attached...

New types introduced:

Psychic/Fire
    Ground/Dark
    Dark/Fighting
    Normal/Grass
    Water/Ghost
    Bug/Electric
    Grass/Steel
    Ghost/Fire
    Electric/Ground
    Ground/Ghost
    Dark/Steel
    Dark/Dragon
    Bug/Fire
    Rock/Fighting
    Dragon/Fire
    Dragon/Electric
    Dragon/Ice

Fire, Electric, and Bug are FINALLY getting some recognition. I am happy for this. Ghost and Grass getting new type combos and coverage is cool, too.

Also, PURE FLYING POKEMON CONFIRMATION AT LONG LAST.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Kenhorou (the pigeon's final evo) actually looks a bit like a wild turkey. Or a quail.
    Gamagaru and Gamageroge: oh. good. even more WTR/GND types. We clearly didn't have enough yet.
    Nageki and Dageki: seriously? Pokémon wearing karate gis? I'll grant Hitmonchan wearing a toga is a bit odd, but this tops it thoroughly.
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WARUBIARU IS!?
    ...is...is that supposed to be a spoon stuck in Baibanira!?
    I genuinely hate that Shikijika and Mebukijika are NRM/GRS. It's a bit late for Nintendo to try to pretend Normal is the "cute furry animal" element. If that made any sense, Vulpix and Growlithe would be NRM/FIR.
    Are we sure this is the correct dex order? Because it seems to me that Shubarugo and Chobomaki should be a whole lot closer together.
    I suppose Tamagetake is the new Voltorb, in the "ha ha you thought you were picking up an item ball but here's a wild pokémon encounter instead" way. I look forward to seeing if there's any sort of explanation for why a wild creature so strongly resembles a pokéball...
    Is Tesshiido a marine mine pokémon? Wouldn't make any sense for it to be grass then, but that's what it looks like.
    I am heavily disappointed in Gear's evolution track, though mildly intrigued by it having Plus or Minus as abilities. I'll probably try it out just because I have a thing for technological pokémon.
    Kumashun's humongous snot horrifies me.
    Goruggo interests me and I desire to learn more about it.
    Anyone else getting a Power Ranger vibe from Kirikizan?
    ...Baffuron has an ability named Herbivore. What on earth would that do? Increase move strength against Grass-types?
    I like the bone in Marujiina's "hair". Nice touch. I'm hoping, though, that "Pigeon Heart" gets a better name, the way "Fishskin" became "Rough Skin", if a vulture is also going to have it.
    Torunerosu being Pure Flying-type might involve some sort of interesting mechanic, given how similar Borutorosu and Randorosu look.
    Genosekuto looks interesting...would that name translate out of Romaji as "Genosect?" And if so, is that "Geno" as in genotype, or genocide?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Anyone notice that Shibirudon is a pure Electric type with the ability Levitate? No weakness ftw! And the stats aren't legendary, but pretty damn respectable if you ask me (515 Stat total), it can hold up against most OUs if he has the right attacks (I'm thinking Volt Change will be good here, the new attack that's U-Turns electric replacement)

Not gonna lie, was a bit dissapointed at first with the first few ones, but I'm glad to see that some are pretty awesome, the Bug Steel event legendary Genosekuto definitely has me intrigued, I always liked Deoxys, this one kinda gives me that vibe.

Pokemon that I think are pretty freaking awesome design:
    -Def going the Jaroda line as starter, but Wotter's evo line is pretty badass, sorry Bacon (Pokabu)
    -Def a fan of Meguroko and its evo line, bout time we get a real croc and not a gator.
    -Hihidaruma is gonna be a heavy hitter in the Metagame, with that kinda attack and respectable speed, I feel he's gonna get some recognition.
    -Abagoora... Just plain kick ass... Blastoise, move over, you've been replaced...
    -Shanderaa... Wow... look at that Sp. Att. ... This one will prob get some playing time...
    -Ononokusu, definitely liked this one from the get go, a nice mix between Scyther and Garchomp for me (I know odd mix, but thats how I see it)
    -Kurimugan, Goruggo, Kirikizan... Me likey, this is getting interesting, some nice typings (granted the 4x fighting weakness for Kirikizan)
    -Sazando I feel will grow on me once I get to see the actual art, right now the sprite is not doing it for me for the Pseudo Legend.
    -Terakion is def my fave of the set, interesting typing, like to see where these 3 Fighers go...

And now for the WTF report:
    -Still don't know wtf Munna is, still not a fan...
    -Koromori and it's evo... new Zubat, horrible stats... fugly too...
    -Tabunne... Enough said...
    -Zuruguu and evo... pants on the floor was meme a year ago... do not want lol
    -The Ice Cream cone thing... I don't know what they were smoking, but they sure as hell were hungry...
    -Gear to me seems so un-inspired...
    -Kibago's evo is kinda a dissapointment, not gonna lie...
    -The Flying Trio? Soooo, Copy / Paste / Recolor? wtf?
    -Kerudio... My little pony called, said it was still dead since 1999...

And those were my 2 cents...

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay, to go through what I like, and what I don't and random thoughts.

Starters:
    Grass: Jaroda looks awesome. Just the fact it went from a legged snake (Basic and First Stage) to an ACTUAL snake, makes me want to start with her/he/it.
    Fire: Gawdamnit I'm tired of the Fire/Fighting Evo lines. It was okay two games in a row, now it's just getting old. ... Fuckin Pig.
    Water: I have to say that Daikenki looks awesome, and it's the first Quadruped Water Starter (Blastoise, Feraigatr, Swampert, and Empoleon are all bipedal).

This, honestly makes me seriously consider starting with a Grass or Water instead of my usual Fire (Charmander baby!)

So after them we have the usual generic wild Pokemon with mediocre stats and interests. However..

506-508
    Dude! Freakin Yorkie Terriers! Awesome visually.

Elemental Monkies - 511-516:
    Okay, seriously wtf? The Grass version looks like the Fonz, the water looks like Mimi from Digimon,and the fire one is... meh.

Electric Horse - 522-523:
    *nod* I'm kinda interested in this now. And why Electric for a Horse I wonder...

Martial Artists - 538-539:
    This is interesting, might be exclusive like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were back in RBY, Hell, I'd get both, name one O-Sensei.

Grass/Bug - 540-542:
    A Pokemon that actually looks like a Praying Mantis. Finally.

[/u]Bug/Poison - 543-545:[/u]
    Wow, a combination and evolution line that goes Cockroach -> Pillbug -> Centa/Millipede. Okay, getting pumped now.

Piranha - 550:
    Hmm, what's a Piranha doing this far north? Apparently this guy has two different versions depending on region, like the Shelios from Shinnoh.

Crocodile Line - 551-553:
    Not gonna lie to ya, going to get this Evo line as soon as I can in the games. Why? Cuz it goes Caimen -> Alligator -> Crocodile. Sides, what's not to love about a pissed off-looking Croc?

Fire Ape - 554-555:
    Let the Flaming Monkey jokes begin. *sigh*

Hermit Crab - 557-558:
    Like the design, looks like Shukle may have some competition.

The... Salamander looking... thing - 569-560:
    Wtf?

Totem Psychic thingie? 561
    Either based on Native American Totem Poles, or someone was really fuckin' high.

Ghost casket - 562-563
    Love it. The design screams "King Tut's Revenge"

Fossils! OMFG FOSSILS! - 564-567
    Oh yeah, Awesome! Archaeon and Archaeopteryx. Though I gotta admit, Purotuga looks better than his evolution, least Turtle-wise, but it's not bad. Aakeosu does look kinda awesome. Defiantly going to get both if at all possible.

[b]Garbage Pokemon, Zora, Zorak, cute-fluffy things:[b]
    Meh.

Gothic Lolita Pokemon - 574-576:
    Oookay. Design wise I guess okay... is there going to be a male version in the next Gen?[/sarcasm]

Psychics, Normals, Ice Cream duo, knight bugs, pokeball mushrooms, Jellyfish:
    Meh, we'll see. Though the Jellyfish do look awesome.

Electric Spider - 595-596:
    Alright, I'm interested. Sign me up.

Electric Lamprey - 602-604:
    Awesome. Just... freakin awesome. You thought we had lamprey's before? You ain't seen the ones swimming around in Lake Superior. Damn things have devastated the local fish markets, plus a general nuisance. The fact that it's Electric just adds to it all.

Aliens! - 605-606:
    Still waiting for the Xenomorph Pokemon...

Dragon Evos - 610-612:
    Okay, I knew about the Basic (Kibago), and the Second Stage Evo (Ononokuso) [Oh-no-no? The hell?] and now to see the two related with the First Stage Evo (Onondo), I have to say I do want. Hell, I've wanted Ononokuso since I saw the pic. Looks like it's another Dragon that can't learn Fly (Dragonair, Garchomp-line) but it's ATK looks high enough that it might not matter, if only you could beef it's SPD up... Still want.

Polar bear, shelfish, snowflake:
    Eh, the Bear and shellfish look good, but the snowflake Poke's a "meh" atm.

Fighting Weasels? - 619-620:
    Srsly... teh hell?

Western Dragon - 621:
    Okay, I do kinda want, if nothing else but to round out my collection of Dragons. This one has wings, so odds are it should learn Fly. Also has a decently high ATK. We'll have to see how it plays....

Ghost/Ground, Dark/Steel Power Ranger, Bison, Eagle, Condor:
    Eh, Blech, Awesome, Meh, Hmm respectfully.

Fire Anteater and metal Bug:
    Okay, do want both. Each is probably Version exclusive though.

Three headed Hydra - 633-635:
    It's MUTHA FUCKIN KING GHIDORAH! Srsly! King Ghidorah bitches! You know I'm getting one now!

Fire-fly:
    Okay, very nice, a Legendary that evolves (if the Hydra Dark/Dragon is a Pseudo Legendary), and the design is pretty good.

Ungulate Legendaries
    Quadrupeds that are half Fighting? New one to me. Though horses do get pretty wild during the male-male competition during the mating season.

Djiin
    Okay, so apparently America has Genies now...

Ice Dragon Legendary:
    Looks like it was put on the rack or something...

Meloia - 648
    Marolyn Manson? Teh hell?
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Zekrom is looking way too DIgimon-ish. I mean why does it have ARMOUR on its body?

Master Trainer

Why does Golem?, or Infernape for that matter?
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yo ok this has me hyped. I want that new Psuedo Legendary 2 headed Dragon

Grs/Stl look fantastic and I can't wait.
    Ele w Levitate-WTF!?!?? That can be really borked.

I don't see a Dragon Eevee -.- Good job Gamefreak. Wait til Gen 6

3 Legendary Fighting, wtf? No I don't like horses.

Mr Dark/Stl. Better come with Dragonzord whistle.

I want teh Ice Cream Pokemon now. XD

No confirmation abut Mamanbou being a post evo of Luvdisc? Really?

AMOEBA!! WANT

YO REALLY! The Ants name IS A-Ant? REALLY?

Archaeopteryx > Stupid turtle

Grd/Drk =Want.

Sandbox crab=LMAO.

Oh man the Fgt type that carries stuff with it as it evolves. that' pretty creative. I wanna wood hammer things now.

Word thats no NYC pidgeon I've ever seen

Not down with the monkeys and DAMNIT NO I WANTED A LEGGIE STARTED! GET OFF THE REPTILE GRASS STARTER!!

Still rocking grass though water looks awesome too.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

The final Evo is Three headed DL.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

2 and 3 are right next to each other. >P

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

NOT the SAME!
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

6 HM's Whoa.

New Abilities are hot.

Bsae stats ..I'll review tomorrow. E4 though..

(Spoiler:) Gho-->Drk-->Psy--->Fgt

and then 3 champions? I hope that's cleared up soon, that's beast mode.

Entertaining quotes!

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Damn, I quite like the new Pokemon. But pointless ice cream is pointless.

Now I know what my starter is going to be, just a pity it isn't a large angry boar with flaming tusks. Ah well, I'll choose it anyway.

But I'm gonna have a hard time choosing the rest of my team. Guess I'll decide over the next few months.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Starter is defintiely gonna be the water one. Water always turns out the best for me at the end of the game. Eg: Blastoise, EMpoleon and Feraligatr. Might consider buying two carttridges and getting all of them. hehe

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm also a big water-as-starter fan, but that sucks since there are so many other cool waterpokemon to choose from while touring the region. Too many waterpokemon.

But Feraligatr still owns ya'll.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Totally!And yep, there are way too little fire pokemon that actually look cool in the new games. I don't exactly fancy pudgy monkeys and pissed off boars(no offense)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

ANd by pudgy monkey I donte mean chimchar or any of its evolutions.

Veteran Trainer

Four-type Water weakness or not, my Fire pig trumps theirs.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Four-type Water weakness or not, my Fire pig trumps theirs.
    Now if only it looked more like a samurai instead of a flame-broiled ham.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Cloyster Moderator

Mmm ham.

Anyway, it looks like the stats posted on GameFaqs yesterday were partially wrong. SA, SD, and Speed were mixed up for all of them.

Serebii has the corrected stats up: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Also, for the most part, we finally see what the Gym Leader roster roughly should be thanks to the info. from Serebii.

(Spoiler:)
    Gym 1: Starter dependent. Grass Starter vs. Poddo, Fire Starter vs. Koon, Water Starter vs. Dento

Gym 2: Normal-Type Gym

Gym 3: Beetle Badge- most likely a Bug-Type Gym

Gym 4: Bolt Badge- an Electric-Type Gym judging from name

Gym 5: Quake Badge- Ground-Type Gym I'm guessing

Gym 6: Jet Badge- I'm thinking Flying-Type Gym

Gym 7: Icicle Badge- I'd love to see how they pull off an Ice-Type Gym in Black/White with limited Ice-Types this time around

Gym 8: Legend Badge- Either a Dragon-Type Gym or the first Gym to actually use Legendaries, although I'm banking on the former
    Last edited by DivineAll; 17th September 2010 at 09:00 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAll View Post
    (Spoiler:)
    Gym 7: Icicle Badge- I'd love to see how they pull off an Ice-Type Gym in Black/White with limited Ice-Types this time around
    Same way they did Dragon in GSC, maybe?

Veteran Trainer

SIX MUTANT SNOWFLAKE SHIELDS LOL

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Zekrom or Reshiram? Pick either

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Master View Post
    Now if only it looked more like a samurai instead of a flame-broiled ham.
    This post reminded me that you have 9 days of me having to be kind of you left.

Just 9 more days...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    This post reminded me that you have 9 days of me having to be kind of you left.

Just 9 more days...
    Just the more reason for me to get my kicks in now before you can retaliate.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Master View Post
    Just the more reason for me to get my kicks in now before you can retaliate.
    You realize he's spending this time in a state similar to Bide?

Master Trainer

I'm expecting it, but I havne't been ragging on him that much honestly. Just some pot-shots here and there... Hell, hardly talked to him cept for the last four days or so..
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Cool Trainer

I honestly didn't exact to hear it so soon, but apparently the soundtrack to Black/White is already up on YouTube. I, also, honestly gotta say, I wasn't too impressed with some of the new music choices, but... the one that are basically remixes from the older games, like the Gym theme, the Pokémon Center, the PokéMart, remain practically untouched or have some adjustments to fit the new region, and they are perfectly classic. Although some music from the soundtrack does contain elements or nods from the older games, so I guess they did make an effort to make it sound new, but not too new.

Veteran Trainer

The game is out in Japan now, I take it...?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Cool Trainer

Apparently, according to GameFAQs, it was released just yesterday. Now all we gotta do is wait for the translators to make punny names and the official U.S. release date.

Veteran Trainer

I hate how it takes a huge fucking dev team a good six months to translate these games when a handful of your average obsessive /v/irgins or Gamespot members can get it done in a few weeks.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Gotta remember, they have to take out all the things that they don't want US kids exposed to, that they had no problem with for the other Generations. :/
    Last edited by Mew Master; 20th September 2010 at 05:15 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Gen 1 Pokemon had Lavendar Town and gambling.
    Gen 4 had religion and a form of Pokemon "Hell."

Kids these days... I doubt Pokemon: New York can have THAT much objectionable content. It's not like there's a Team 9/11 in this game, right?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Cloyster Moderator

Ha! This gym is great! It's full of women strong trainers!