Thread: FINISHED! MLG vs. RaZoR_LeAf: Slow-battle! Part II [Ref: Darkly]

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default FINISHED! MLG vs. RaZoR_LeAf: Slow-battle! Part II [Ref: Darkly]

Hi, I was wondering if you have a free slot? I wish to challenge you to another Slowbro-Slowking battle.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: I challenge RaZoR_LeAf!

I accept your challenge! Post your terms. Prospero and I will wait here, mocking your confidence and reminding you of your previous loss.

Master Trainer

Great, I look forward to the mocking! Gotta think up a challenge, though. Nothing to fancy, as we don't wanna be distracted

Ofcourse, it's a one on one. Athene vs. Prospero.
    Abilities on.
    Ref will decide who attacks first.
    DQ: 5 days
    Banned moves: Rest, Toxic and Pain Split.
    Arena:

Arena - Nightmare Canyon

A deserted canyon that lies on a slight hill. An open space within the canyon has been forged ready for an ambush. Across the sharply inclined canyon walls are an uncountable amount of sharp rock spines. While the smaller will shatter on impact, the larger would do more damage than thought of mere rock. Hidden within the rock spines are pores from which escapes natural gas. Explosive to the end, the gas can cause a major blast if ignited, either by flames itself or sparks from rocks striking each other as they fall. Fire, smoke and a rain of debris are sure to follow.

The canyon itself is made of a heavy and durable grey rock, which will not be massively damaged by Earthquakes or the like. Further up the canyon however, the rocks are much softer, and so there's always a risk of rock slides rolling down through the canyon. Also higher up there is a large lake, though unreachable from the current location, if it were to rain, it would surely overflow, sending waves of water down through the canyon.

The battle begins at Dusk, with the sun setting in the west. Golden rays light the sky, but they will soon fade as the moon shows itself in the east.
    Your old gym-arena

Master Trainer

Sounds good to me. After you butchered my old Gym badge to make your own, it'll be fun to go back to the arena.

And for the benefit of the ref:

Prospero (m) Own Tempo

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: MLG vs. RaZoR_LeAf: Slow-battle! Part II [Ref: NEEDED!]

Shittalking supreme. Im game.

Coin toss. RL yer up.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

All righty then. Prospero start off by surrounding yourself with a Safeguard, then Nasty Plot up and hit your opponent with a Shadow Ball

Master Trainer

Belly Drum! Then Mega Kick while it's just sitting there. Finish with Body Slam!

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: MLG vs. RaZoR_LeAf: Slow-battle! Part II [Ref: Darkly]

===Parameters===

Abilities on.

Arena - Nightmare Canyon

A deserted canyon that lies on a slight hill. An open space within the canyon has been forged ready for an ambush. Across the sharply inclined canyon walls are an uncountable amount of sharp rock spines. While the smaller will shatter on impact, the larger would do more damage than thought of mere rock. Hidden within the rock spines are pores from which escapes natural gas. Explosive to the end, the gas can cause a major blast if ignited, either by flames itself or sparks from rocks striking each other as they fall. Fire, smoke and a rain of debris are sure to follow.

The canyon itself is made of a heavy and durable grey rock, which will not be massively damaged by Earthquakes or the like. Further up the canyon however, the rocks are much softer, and so there's always a risk of rock slides rolling down through the canyon. Also higher up there is a large lake, though unreachable from the current location, if it were to rain, it would surely overflow, sending waves of water down through the canyon.

The battle begins at Dusk, with the sun setting in the west. Golden rays light the sky, but they will soon fade as the moon shows itself in the east.

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

Ahh. I stand in the canyon of nightmares, a place ready for a battle of a thousand souls. But it will only be a one on one here. The current mod, MeLoVeGhOsTs, and his idol, RaZoR LeAf stand at ends to each other, each standing with a member of the Slowpoke family. MLG seeks to prove his Slowbro is the better choice while RaZor stands in his way, to prove Slowkings are the top of the evolutionary ladder.

Athene and Prospero each tend to their own devices. Prospero showers itself in stars, and they leave a shining veil around his body. As he makes sure its fully enveloping in this canyon, Athene takes the time to rub her belly, and zone out all reason in exchange for amazing prowess.

Ath: -5E Max Atk/Min Def ~~ Pr: -5E SG: 4 rds

Prospero continues to stand still, and plots what to do to that sad excuse of a "sister". Well, Athene doesn't need no MAN telling her what to do, and she runs over. Her foot meets Prospero in the face, and the Slowking goes rolling backwards in the canyon. He recovers, and uses a spike to right himself. That chick was gonna get it now.

Ath: -4E ~~ Pr: -3E/-20H +2SpA

Athene starts making her way over to the taller Prospero, ready to let him have another slug. She bounces forth, gaining speed. The calmer Slowking decides to stop this tempest of a Slowbro by firing off a Shadowball. Athene takes the hit head on...and goes shooting backwards! She crashes in the ground, and rolls to a stop right where she started. That hit had a fierce power behind it, but It drove Athene over the brink. She yelled, and stormed forth, slamming into Prospero.

He fell backwards, shocked by the power of that strike! This fight could be over fast if he wasn't careful.

Ath: -3E/-20H ~~ Pr: -7E/-19H

The sun continues to fall, and the canyon seems to grow in length, further accentuating the dangers inherent here.

===End Stats===

MLG

Last edited by DarkestLight; 27th January 2011 at 07:23 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

I'm very dissapointed in the Mega Kick, it should be base 120 damage, while Body Slam is only 80 and yet Body Slam did way more damage.. Or do you ref differently? I mean, Mega Kick with max attack should atleast do more then a boosted Shadowball (even if it's a weakness). Just doesn't make sense to me.

Headbutt, Light Screen, Grass Knot. Use Me First if it uses Shadowball.

Veteran Trainer

>> No. I reffed that whole round backwards. It's edited. I had flipped from old to new formulas and didn't even realize it. Though, Mega Kick only has a rating of Good in the Movelist...it can be much higher.

Edited-added new formulas, so both Pokemon got more damage. Im...gonna relook this movelist now and see what might need to rise and fall.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 27th January 2011 at 07:24 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Ouch.

Counter the Headbutt, Thunder Wave through the Light Screen then Signal Beam to finish.

Veteran Trainer

===Parameters===

Abilities on.

Arena - Nightmare Canyon

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

Prospero and Athene continue their match in this canyon of peril, oblivious to the world around them. Athene especially, who is being full out headstrong with her newfound power. She charges Prospero, but the 'King stands tall. almost ...regal in his stature. She collides with his chest, but instead of faltering over, Prospero grabs the Slowbro and spins her into the canyon cliffside!

Athene rolls down from her perch, having shattered several of those spines along her conch tail and her backside. Ouch. (-5)

Ath: -3E/-27H ~~ Pr: -6E/-15H

Pained from such a strike, Prospero takes a deep breath and re acclimates himself. Athene meanwhile, tries to set up a barrier to try and reduce the effects of anything flying her way. Too bad Prospero out thought her this round, and fired off a thin wave of electricity.

This bolt completely encumbers her and she struggles to stand...

Ath: -2E LS: 4 rds ~~ Pr: -1E

Prospero walks over to the now paralyzed Athene, and looks down upon her as if she was trash. The screen separating them, he doesn't seem to mind. He sets his hand to it, and charges up a small blue bead of light. His opposing hand charged up a red bead, and he brings them together with a resounding clap. The resulting beam strikes-with reduced effectiveness.

Ath: *par* -11H ~~ Pr: -6E

Look like a long night here...

===End Stats===

RL

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Grass Knot, Iron Defence, Seismic Toss

Counter any physical attacks

Master Trainer

Psych Up, Shadowball twice.

Veteran Trainer

===Parameters===

Abilities on.

Arena - Nightmare Canyon

===Battlers===

===Round 3===

Athene gets up from her battering, and tries to line her sight with the oncoming brethren. It doesnt take long for her to make out his abilities, even as her body is wrapped and pulled and scarred by the very grass of this dark canyon. She holds in her yells, feeling her mind grow to exponential levels of ability.

Ath: -3E/-10H +2SpA~~ Pr: -5E

Wriggling, her strength helps her break free from the grass, but that gives Prospero enough time to fortify his own defenses. His skin seems to becomes denser, well at least for the moment. A sphere ruins that whole scene as it blasts him through the cavern. He lands on his backside, pondering how much more he could take.

Ath: -6E ~~ Pr: -3E/-20H +2Def

Athene, pleased with her prowess, decides to follow up with another one of those Spheres. Her body feels lighter, uninhibited, and she lets it loose. Prospero barely recovers from the first one when the second one graces his presence with a resounding crash.

Prospero lands in a muddier part of the canyon, as Athene comes walking up toward him. He bites his tongue, and rather then whine, acts. Athene is rushed upon and the two pink Pokemon fight for a bit, before Prospero gains the upper hand, and grabs her by the tail! He spins in a circle and FLINGS the girl back the way she came!

Ath: -6E/-11H ~~ Pr: -5E/-20H

Both Pokemon are on the verge here.

===End Stats===

MLG

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Aerial Ace x3. If it tries Shadowball use Me First.

Protect against an attacking combo.

Master Trainer

Me First x3

Veteran Trainer

===Parameters===

Abilities on.

Arena - Nightmare Canyon

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

With barely anything left, the silent Prospero watches as Athene blasts forth with all intent to take him down. Prospero think he knows what she's about to do, and then watches her trip over her own feet and lie there. Huh. Yay paralysis!

Ath: *par* ~~ Pr: o.o

Athene lies there for a bit longer. Maybe purposely savoring the moment. Prospero doesn't know, but he is getting tired of waiting for her. Women take forever to do ANYTHING.

Ath: *par* ~~ Pr: -.-

Finally free of her restraints, Athene blasts forth, itching to end this imposter of a Slow family member. But Prospero thinks big, and he thinks fast. He streaks ahead of Athene and rams her with his tail. Athene goes bouncing backwards, hitting a Canyon wall gain-but this time no added damage.

She pulls herself up and counter attacks, striking with all her power. Prospero tries to withstand the blow, but alas, it causes him to fall.

Ath: -3E/-19H ~~ Pr: -7E/-9H

As it stands now..Athene is the winner of the match.

===End Stats===

MLG barely wins this match!
    MLG gets 2 points
    RL gets 1 point
    I get 2 and I still say Slowkings are better than Slowbros >p

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

That hurts DL

Thanks for a good match Dan! Now it's 1-1.

Also, Athen's ability was Own Tempo, not that it matters now..

Master Trainer

Awesome, right down to the wire on that. That was a fun battle. Rematch again some time.

Master Trainer

You mean rematch again soon!