Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ASB Reffing Tower

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB Reffing Tower

Finally got my ass in gear to try out the mock contest.

Appeals
    Round 2

Results
    Round 2

A successful round that resulted in the beast finally being subdued. The property damage caused by Gojira can be repaired using the governments money, but that made by the pokemon during their appeals, has to be paid for by the Pokemasters League. On that note, C~Dub and Mothra netted the lowest score for causing a lot of damage and failing to subdue the beast short of a lucky last shot. Wolfsong and Chaos move on to the next round, C~Dub, you can expect a bill in the post.

For Round 3, the city block is in a mess. You have four moves to clear it up the best you can.

Darth Cookiemonster, you did well. There didn't look to be any major problems with the reffing. Although, Night Shade looks like it did a lot more damage than it should've (18 is very high, even for a super-effective hit), but that's not too big a deal. Promoted to Intermediate.

I'll have a new mock reffing sometime this weekend.

RaZoR_LeAf, although I'm not really sure how to do contest reffings, yours looks legit, so I'm approving you to Beginner Judge.

Also, starting today, the promotion for Tokens has been 86ed. If you've been approved as a ref recently, you still get to keep your shard, and your first match will still result in the rest of them to make the Token. As such, the ref rewards will also go back to normal.

Adieu, Greyfox.
    -Grey

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Is anyone available to sub-ref 1 or 2 rounds of this match whilst Cynder gets her revision done?

Sorry. I assume everyone on the internet is male (because it's true, there are no girls on the internet)
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 13th May 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*steps in* Her! *steps out again*

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I just reffed my first battle and became a ref when the promotion was still on, so do I get a token now? Here's the battle.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Whoa Geez I'm late.

Razor:

Yeah actually..Grey covered it nicely. The thing about Contest reffings as you both know, is not just about flashiness, but about how well the contestants do the "task" at hand, whether its showing off a particular trait of a Pokemon-or completing goal with finesse.

I'll get to changing the Contest to something a little more current, but I agree with Grey. Beginner Judge-but you'll easily shoot up the ranks with clear, impartial reffings like those.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Existing In a Parallel Plane Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Like Cynder, I became a ref during the promotion, and I just finally reffed my 1st complete battle! That earns me a Token and such.
    http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...d=1#post501055
    <------ Major thanks to Cynder for these!

REBORN Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

i have time on my hands now and would love to try and help reffing, im just want to know if my skills are up to par

Mock Battle
    Arena: The Ark

You're riding the seas on a wooden ark. The ocean is fierce, and the boat is archaic -- what's going to happen on this adventure?

Pre-Round stats
    Three-on-Three!

King TUT and TOMB

@Mummy
    33/53
    Fake Tears ~ Safeguard ~ Destiny Bond
    Paralyzed

vs

Negotiator ROGER SMITH and BIG O

@No Guard
    100/100
    Heavy Slam ~ Double Team ~ Night Shade

Welcome back to round ?, let’s see what both Pokemon and there trainers have in store for us today on.. this.. very.. rocky.. boat.. excuses me...*bwal* back!

Big O opens the round be tossing itself into the air and Tomb counters just in time with a fake tear! Big O feels sorry for TOMB but continues his attack. Big O Slams down right on TOMB and creates a crater here on the top deck! thank gosh he didn't bust threw, with all that force! Big O starts to feel a transformation in his ability's.

TOMB -28hp -3energy
    Big O -6energy (ability changed mummy) -2sp.def

Big O starts to split into 5copies using its double team. (6clones) using what little energy TOMB has left he crawls out the crater and creates a special barrier around him.

TOMB (safeguarded) -4energy
    Big O -8energy (five copies)

Big O and his five copies attempt to finish the battle by sending out night shades, yet TOMB seems to have a small amount of hope. For he starts glowing a deep purple and for a second try’s to pull off a move, its paralyzation seems to have been too much for TOMB. It is then that he is struck by the malevolent attack; therefore, knocked out cold. However something strange is happening here on deck Big O's copies are diapering! Whats This Big O just turned very faint and collapsed! it seams TOMB's Safeguard allowed it to pull of its Destiny bond!!

TOMB - 11hp
    Big O -100 -10energy

King TUT and TOMB

@Mummy
    0/46
    fainted

vs

Negotiator ROGER SMITH and BIG O

@Mummy
    0/76
    fainted

due to TOMB being KO first, King TUT will send out first. Negotiator ROGER SMITH will send out and attack. then King TUT's attack.

Ref notes:
    Heavy slam is based off of weigh; therefore with the extreme weigh difference the attack did Extreme damage.

Neo It looks like Tomb's paralysis kept him from moving on the third action, which is fine. But why even then did his Destiny Bond go on despite said paralysis? From what I understand, you said that it's because his safeguard was up -- but safeguard doesn't protect you from pre-existing status ailments, just new ones. This is a pretty major issue here.
    -Grey

REBORN Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Neo It looks like Tomb's paralysis kept him from moving on the third action, which is fine. But why even then did his Destiny Bond go on despite said paralysis?
    this was because of safeguard's nullification effect, which was misunderstood on my part.

also he starts purple then glows yellow, if the effect was as i thought, then i should have had him turn back purple or something else to signify that the paralysis was nullified.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight
    "any status effects or confusion that would normally affect the user are generally nullified for a certain amount of time."
    i read the Quote above and thought paralysis would be deemed null. therefore, i was under belief that this status condition would be deemed as such, as it did not exempt per existing conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight
    90% of the moves have not changed. 10% of moves that have changed
    and i read this so i also assumed it was one of the few moves changed.

I do apologize for my misunderstanding, and thank you for you time and review.

Veteran Trainer

o.O That's...interesting. I never thought that Safeguards' wording was ill prepared. I gotta fix that.

Also Neo. This is going to sound weird, but when you read the movelist, think of the anime first-then think of the games. Then when you read the list, you'll be able to better judge how the attack works. But I'll reword Safeguard since that confused you. Thank you for bringing that point up.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

REBORN Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

ok, and thanks for the advice.

Oh, this was definitely overdue:

NEW MOCK REFFING!
    -Grey

Existing In a Parallel Plane Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Mock ref time!

[IIII]40HP---[IIII]32HP
    [IIIII]55PP---[IIIIIIII]72PP
    @Torrent---@Scrappy
    safeguarded 2 rounds, +2ATK, -Def--- none
    male---female
    (Swords Dance- Copycat- Razor Shell)---(Fake Out- Drain Punch- Trump Card)
    (You are going down!)---(Hello? Child on-board?)

As the rain continues to pummel Samurai and Darwin, Samurai starts to go into a kind of zen-state, but is then interrupted by Darwin who punches him in the face! The sheer surprise of the attack ruins Samurai's concentration that he was working hard on! As he pouts, a lightning strike falls from the sky and zaps Darwin! Well, lightning DOES strike the highest object nearby. (Samurai -4HP flinched, Darwin -3PP -7HP)

Darwin shakes off the pain from the electricity and goes for another punch, but gets punched by Samurai beforehand! Did he just copy what she just did? Darwin looks at Samurai, somewhat baffled. (Samurai -3PP, Darwin -5HP flinched)

Darwin goes for another strike at Samurai, with her fist glowing a pale white. She deals a punch at Samurai, coupled with his low defence deals more damage then what was orignally thought, but his low stamina kicks in a abyssal force that rested in him! (Darwin -11PP, Samurai -7HP Torrent ON) He grabs one of his shells, and which then produces a blue-translucent blade. He proceeds to slash at Darwin, dealing a heavy amount of damage with his new-found power and the rain adding in a boost. She staggers back, growling in pain. (Samurai -6PP, Darwin -15HP)

[IIII]36HP---[I]5HP
    [IIIII]46PP---[IIIIII]58PP
    @Torrent ON---@Scrappy
    safeguarded 1 rounds, +2ATK, -Def--- none
    male---female
    (Almost done with you...)---(How can an otter be so tough?)

Whoever commanded second goes first next round.

[Quick edit] Forgot to add this in, I'm currently a Rookie Ref, and I wish to be promoted to Intermediate Ref.
    Last edited by nsmbwii; 25th June 2011 at 12:34 PM.
    <------ Major thanks to Cynder for these!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Anyone willing to pick up this double battle? It's a two vs. two.

Here's the link

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've got you covered, MLG!

Now would somebody be so kind as to help me out by reffing this battle?

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Thanks a lot 'lo!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Any chance a ref can start up this battle here?

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Grey, didn't we have seperate rewards for contests from the old tower? Has that been tossed out now?

If so, do we get points for the number of competitors, doubbled, as a normal ref gets (a 8 person contest would net you 16 points)?

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

could me and Pichu Luver get a ref here please?

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    Grey, didn't we have seperate rewards for contests from the old tower? Has that been tossed out now?

If so, do we get points for the number of competitors, doubbled, as a normal ref gets (a 8 person contest would net you 16 points)?
    We actually didn't back in the day -- it just counted as one battle towards your reffing quota, and four points.

I've been looking into increasing the benefits for hosting one recently, and I'll have something put up before yours ends, so don't worry.
    -Grey

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Thanks grey... I was sure that in the old tower, I asked the same question and DL came up with something...

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Full time arse Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Pre-battle statistics

Grey
    O
    Samurai

Torrent
    Health:
    40%
    Energy:
    55%
    Dewhat!?
    Swords Dance ~ Copycat ~ Razor Shell

DL
    O
    Darwin

Scrappy
    Health:
    32%
    Energy:
    72%
    I Kangas-can!
    Fake Out ~ Drain Punch ~ Trump Card

Round 4897

The two trainers stared at each other with crazy eyes, this battle had lasted nearly a year and they were still on their first Pokémon. It were almost as if it were an example battle set up to test referees, however, that is a ridiculous suggestion. If anything, the extended battle meant that they were really crap trainers really good trainers and have a great ability to keep a battle going for almost 5000 rounds.

Kicking off the round, Darwin rose to his feet. That last round really did damage and now she was down to half of her previous health! Letting out an extremely loud roar, she stomped her feet twice and ran towards Samurai. Holding her palms out, ready to smack the living Kenneth out of that Otter, she did so clapping her palms together against the otter's face.

9% damage done

Darwin:
    -6 ENG

Samurai flinched, scrunching his face up and falling back onto his arse. He couldn't move! Something about those leathery, rough palms smacking against his face made him freeze up. His face still scrunched up, he rubbed his face and scrambled back onto his feet. Once he was back on his feet and his eyes open, he could see that Darwin was already preparing her next move.

Samurai:
    Flinched

Darwin laughed a Samurai's antics, if this was how her opponents were going to act, then she had no problem with the rest of the battle. Pulling her fist back, still standing right in front of Samurai, her fist began to glow bright white. Her muscles twitched and tensed as she charged her punch. Taking a step forwards, she punched down, hitting Samurai on the top of his head. And, just for a moment, both of the Pokémon were engulfed in a bright, white light as energy from one was transferred into the other.

8% damage done

4% damage healed

Darwin:
    -8 ENG

Samurai cringed, but didn't react as badly as he did the previous attack. Pushing himself back up onto his feet, he stared Darwin right in the eyes and winked. Suddenly, Samurai was encased in a faint, white light. The white aura separating from him and creating a Darwin clone out of light. Slinging his arm back, Samurai's Darwin clone mimicked what he was doing. Punching down onto the floor, the Darwin clone also did so, punching Darwin in the snout. All three of them were encased in a bright white light as energy from Darwin was transferred into Samurai. When the light faded, the Darwin clone was gone. Samurai looked healthier.

24% damage done.

12% damage healed.

Samurai:
    -12 ENG (Copycat + Drain Punch)

Darwin fell back a little and brushed the damage off of her. Man that was an odd interpretation of Copycat. Stabling herself, she roared. This was going to be her last resort. Her last stand, her final impression. In the future, generations of people who hadn't even been born yet would judge her on this last attack. Closing her eyes tight and clenching her hands into fists, her entire body began to charge and glow a white glow, the intensity of the glow increasing with the amount of time she charged. Opening her eyes, she roared as the power flew out of her a huge orb of light travelling across the arena and hitting samurai.

8% damage done.

Darwin:
    -20 ENG (I imagine it would do this based on its power to PP chart)

Samurai grinned, for a move of such climactic imagery, it did hardly anything. His triumphant grin slowly morphed into an arrogant grin as he pulled off both of the hip-residing shells. While they looked thick and clunky, they were actually razor sharp. So sharp in fact that they glistened in the sun, aiming at Darwin, Samurai threw one of the shells, it striking Darwin in the eye, leaving a deep cut. Darwin fell back and roared! However, there was still the second shell. He chucked it similar to how he had done with the first, it striking Darwin's leg and knocking her onto her knees. However, this damage was sufficient enough to knock her out!

18% damage done

This attack would have lowered Darwin's defence (I did the roll, forgetting that it knocked her out)

Samurai:
    -7 ENG

DL sighed and pressed the button, converting Darwin into binary and storing her as energy. Samurai had won, after 4897 rounds.

Post-battle statistics

Grey
    O
    Samurai

Torrent
    Health:
    27%
    Energy:
    36%
    Dewthat.

DL
    X
    Darwin

Scrappy
    Health:
    FAINTED
    Energy:
    38%
    FAINTED
    I Kangas-couldn't.

Notes:
    Drain Punch from Samurai did so much because of super effectiveness and the shiz, but didn't do 4x Darwin's because, for one, Dewott's attack is lower than Kangaskhan's.
    I had a 10% roll for lightning hitting anyone, it never happened.
    Bah, Google Chrome is really crap.
    This was kind'a fun to ref.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle
    Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    No escape from reality...
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies
    And see...

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

hey, are there any free refs avaliable to ref this battle

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

hmm... lets give this a go
    Pre-Round Stats

Samurai stares up at the sky, seeing the black storm clouds getting thicker and thicker, while Darwin takes the opportunity to plan out his attack. With Samurai still distracted, he lunges forward, taking the opposing Pokemon by surprise, hurls his body right into Samurai's chest, knocking the agile right off her feet.
    (-7hp Samurai, -5pp Darwin)

Samurai shakes off the attack lightly and leaps back onto her feet ready to attack. Samurai was busy plotting her revenge, when a bean of lightning lights up the sky and strikes a nearby tree at the edge of the clearing. Being afraid of storms Samurai was shocked at the sound, she jumps into the air and screams of terror could be heard for miles.
    (Samurai flinched)

*~~~*

Darwin, feeling very happy about the success of his previous attack, decides to follow it up with a powerful punch to knock those pretty little whiskers clean off Samurai's face. He stands ready to attack, looking the Dewott right in the eye before launching an his fist right into her face. Samurai fell flat onto the ground looking slightly dazed after such a powerful hit, while Darwin on the other hand steps back feeling so proud of himself after such a grueling battle that some of his wounds start to heal.
    (-12hp Samurai, -9pp Darwin, +6hp Darwin)

Samurai, was not out of this battle yet, feeling very annoyed and jealous of the huge strength and power of Darwin's moves, she decides that he needs to get a taste of his own medicine. She sprints up to Darwin with intense concentration and punches him right in the center of the ridiculous grin on his face. That's better, she thinks to herself, now he knows what it feels like.
    (-18hp Darwin, -4pp Samurai, +8hp Samurai)

*~~~*

Even with Samurai's last sneak attack, Darwin still feels full of energy and ready to retaliate. The storm is raging with strong winds blowing across the clearing, Darwin runs toward Samurai and using the wind to his advantage he uses his tail to launch the small Pokemon high into the air. Samurai is flung onto the other side of the clearing with a loud thud being herd as she hits the ground.
    (-10hp Samurai, -15pp Darwin)

Samurai uses the distance between the two Pokemon to her advantage, running at full speed toward her foe. The rain starts to pour down even heavier and it turns Samurai's fur razor sharp, Samurai realizes this and slams her body into Darwin at full speed. Darwin simply falls to the ground with a loud thud, while Samurai uses the small amount of energy that she has left to jump up with excitement after winning the battle.
    (-14hp Darwin, -9pp Samurai)

*~~~*

Post-Round Stats

*~~~*
    Notes: Safeguard will last to 2 more rounds
    Last edited by CutsiePie; 16th July 2011 at 06:48 AM.

Alright, as it stands now, both Toucan Sundae and Cutsie Pie are pending approval. You are, essentially, Rookie Referees for now. This is, however, just a probationary thing. I want you both to do next month's Mock Reffing as well, and then I'll be able to judge whether or not to approve you here on in.

New mock reffing will be up no later than August 3rd.

[Edit] Oh, and I forgot to mention -- the points system for contests has been updated in the main post, so be sure to take that into account, contest judges.
    -Grey

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

ok, thank you
    just a quick question, does this mean im aloud to ref battles or do i have to wait to be approved after doing the new mock battle?

You can still ref battles. In fact, you could always do that, even if you weren't approved.
    -Grey

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

oh ok, i didnt know that, but anyways id like to be approved to make sure on the right track

Veteran Trainer

Grey, I really like the updates for the points you did for Contests and Ref rewards. Good show Thanks alot for your assistance.

Entertaining quotes!

Classy Tortoise Chap Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Only my second post, but don't be fooled. I'm not exactly new at this

Charismatic Trainer GREY and SAMURAI

@Torrent
    40/55
    Swords Dance ~ Copycat ~ Razor Shell
    Safeguarded, +2 Atk, -1 Def

vs

Dumb Moderator DARKLY and DARWIN

@Scrappy
    32/72
    Fake Out ~ Drain Punch ~ Trump Card

This battle is heating up, despite the pouring rain, folks, as Samurai and Darwin stare each other down, both competitors looking quite beat.

Samurai takes a deep breath and centers himself, beginning a ritualistic dance, with his shell-blades as part of the show. Darwin takes this opportunity to attack, hoping to catch Samurai off guard. The Dewott ends his dance before gaining any benefit, deftly darting beneath the Kangaskhans fist...only to be surprised by the tail! It seems Darwin isn't fighting fair!

Samurai
    31/51 (7% STAB dmg, 4% fatigue)
    Darwin
    32/67
    (0% damage, 5% fatigue)

Samurai continues to concentrate, Kangaskhan throwing another straight jab, pulsing with energy. This time, however, it's Samurai's turn to fight dirty, as he socks Darwin in the jaw, but not before the punch can connect, though merely a glancing blow, not recovering much (if any) energy.

Samurai
    23/41 (8% dmg, 10% fatigue *copycat + fakeout*)
    Darwin
    22/62 (14% dmg, 4% HP, 5% fatigue)

The battlers are definitely looking a bit worse for the wear after the last few rounds. The next volley of attacks starts with Kangaskhan releasing a trumpeting roar, followed by a devastating overhead strike! She might be able to finish Samurai off soon at this rate. Samurai, however, has a different plan. He unsheathes his shell blades and lunges at Darwin! With the speed of a Swellow, Darwin feels the blades hit their mark, as well as the last bits of her health slowly trickle away. Darwin put up a good fight, but Samurai is the winner!

Samurai
    12/33 (11% STAB dmg, 7% fatigue)
    Darwin
    0/49
    (22% STAB/Rain/Torrent dmg, 13% fatigue)

WINNER
    Charismatic Trainer GREY and SAMURAI the Dewott!

Beginning Trainer

Hate to double post, but Greyfox had posted some interest in reffing a match for me, so here's an open one for him

All request-like.
    http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...368#post511368

Alright, Classtoise, I finally got around to this one. I like the damage explanations in your post, and it looks like you got everything in order -- Copycat copying Fake-Out was not expected though, but it works out.

I'm interested to see how you'll do in an actual match, so for right now, you're approved as a Rookie Ref.

I'll take a look at that battle of yours soon.
    -Grey

Beginning Trainer

It doesn't need to be you specifically, I just wanted A ref, and you had shown interest in reffing for me is all.

Beginning Trainer

Hate to double post but:
    http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...736#post511736
    STILL looking for a ref. Anyone game?

Beginning Trainer

Hate to TRIPLE post but

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...821#post513821

It's officially been THREE WEEKS. Are there any refs out there? Are they not checking the reffing tower?

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

We have barely any refs as it is and most of the ones we have are currently absent or just don't feel like taking on matches. Since my reffing slate is full, I can't pick up your battle.

Also, it's been two weeks and one day... not three.

Beginning Trainer

My bad, 16 days is totally not bad.

I prefer &quot;Bopp&quot; to &quot;Papa&quot; Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

hey man, it happens, I doubt that anyone here has found a ref or opponent for every single match that they have solicited.

Class, I understand you're frustrated because your battle hasn't been reffed, but you hafta learn to be more patient. This is the time of year where activity wanes to a near-halt because of school. It's unfortunate, but there's not much that can really be done about it.

The refs who are active at this point in time are pretty overworked -- Oslo, Darkly, and myself are all teetering on 9+ battles at the moment, and that's not including the safari zone quests that we've taken on either.
    -Grey