Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ASB Reffing Tower

Default Re: ASB Reffing Tower

Updated the mock reffing.
    -Grey

Also, sorry Puma. You've been approved for Experienced Ref.
    -Grey

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Application for Rookie Ref

Team LeafyDudeGuy vs Team Iliveinacaveduh

Arena
    Grassy Knoll
    A beautiful field with flowers everywhere.

DQ
    None
    Misc
    Ref Applicant Underscore is getting pumped!

Team LeafyDudeGuyTeam Iliveinacaveduh
    Flowa Powa
    Vileplume
    F Chlorophyll
    SCREEEEEEEECH!
    Golbat
    M Infiltrator
    HP: 77%
    EN: 82%
    HP: 90%
    EN: 79%
    +2 Atk | -3 Spd | Safeguard 2+2 Sp Atk
    Petal Blizzard
    Venoshock
    Synthesis
    Hypnosis
    Zen Headbutt
    Snatch

ROUND 3
    Screech starts off by staring straight at Flowa Powa. Psychic waves float from his now glowing red eyes towards Flowa and slip through the sparkling green veil around her. The waves however disperse as they reach the ground about a feet beside the plant. Flowa Powa bows down a little and then retaliates with a flurry of razor-sharp petals at the flying bat.

-5 EN Safeguard 1
    -8HP -6 EN Missed!

Definitely the more speedy one, Screech then condenses his psychic thoughts around his head and rams himself towards Flowa Powa. Golbat flies back to get some distance and only then did Vileplume fire a purple energy beam.
    The mystic veil around Vilepume shatters into fine sparkles.

-11HP -6 EN Safeguard ends
    -8HP -5 EN

Golbat screeches a bit and flies around Flowa Powa, anticipating. Vileplume, feeling quite exhausted, closes her eyes and her flower glows white. She gathers energy from the sun and a bright healing ray starts to descend at her position. Screech sprints above her and quickly catches the ray, immediately feeling rejuvenated.
    -10 EN
    +18HP -10 EN

Flowa Powa
    Vileplume
    F Chlorophyll
    SCREEEEEEEECH!
    Golbat
    M Infiltrator
    HP: 65%
    EN: 61%
    HP: 93%
    EN: 58%
    +2 Atk | -3 Spd+2 Sp Atk
    Vi..viiile.. Getting angry Swag

Team ??? to attack first

Notes
    Don't know what to do about those weird line breaks. Does it have something to do with ctable tags?
    Petal Blizzard and Venoshock deal the same because +2 Atk STAB 1/4 effective Physical move is just about as strong as a STAB 1/2 effective Special move. I even feel like Venoshock should hit a tad bit harder.
    I take Base Stats into account but will at most only vary attacks by say 3%. I'd probably make a Zigzagoon Hyper Beam do about 4-5% against an Aggron with no stat modifiers.
    Although it says poisoned, Golbat is a Poison-type so he can't be poisoned and thus, the not-boosted Venoshock.
    I make Snatch energy cost depend slightly on the move that was Snatch.
    It wasn't mentioned who attacked first so I don't know.

I Finnished last Moderator

I still need a ref with Olkkis86 HERE, if somebody could take that.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Notice me T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    Application for Rookie Ref

Team LeafyDudeGuy vs Team Iliveinacaveduh

Arena
    Grassy Knoll

DQ
    None
    Misc
    Ref Applicant Underscore is getting pumped!

Flowa Powa
    Vileplume
    F Chlorophyll
    SCREEEEEEEECH!
    Golbat
    M Infiltrator
    +2 Atk | -3 Spd | Safeguard 2+2 Sp Atk
    Petal Blizzard
    Venoshock
    Synthesis
    Hypnosis
    Zen Headbutt
    Snatch

ROUND 3
    Screech starts off by staring straight at Flowa Powa. Psychic waves float from his now glowing red eyes towards Flowa and slip through the sparkling green veil around her. The waves however disperse as they reach the ground about a feet beside the plant. Flowa Powa bows down a little and then retaliates with a flurry of razor-sharp petals at the flying bat.

-5 EN Safeguard 1
    -8HP -6 EN Missed!

Definitely the more speedy one, Screech then condenses his psychic thoughts around his head and rams himself towards Flowa Powa. Golbat flies back to get some distance and only then did Vileplume fire a purple energy beam.
    The mystic veil around Vilepume shatters into fine sparkles.

-11HP -6 EN Safeguard ends
    -8HP -5 EN

Golbat screeches a bit and flies around Flowa Powa, anticipating. Vileplume, feeling quite exhausted, closes her eyes and her flower glows white. She gathers energy from the sun and a bright healing ray starts to descend at her position. Screech sprints above her and quickly catches the ray, immediately feeling rejuvenated.
    -10 EN
    +18HP -10 EN

Flowa Powa
    Vileplume
    F Chlorophyll
    SCREEEEEEEECH!
    Golbat
    M Infiltrator
    HP: 65%
    EN: 61%
    HP: 93%
    EN: 58%
    +2 Atk | -3 Spd+2 Sp Atk
    Vi..viiile.. Getting angry Swag

Team ??? to attack first

Notes
    Don't know what to do about those weird line breaks. Does it have something to do with ctable tags?
    Petal Blizzard and Venoshock deal the same because +2 Atk STAB 1/4 effective Physical move is just about as strong as a STAB 1/2 effective Special move. I even feel like Venoshock should hit a tad bit harder.
    I take Base Stats into account but will at most only vary attacks by say 3%. I'd probably make a Zigzagoon Hyper Beam do about 4-5% against an Aggron with no stat modifiers.
    Although it says poisoned, Golbat is a Poison-type so he can't be poisoned and thus, the not-boosted Venoshock.
    I make Snatch energy cost depend slightly on the move that was Snatch.
    It wasn't mentioned who attacked first so I don't know.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Whoa. That was weird. Ok Underscore, let's get it.

Wtf is petal blizzard? Holy SHIT THAT'S MY NEW GRASS MOVE? Jesus why..okokok. first round looks good...

Energy values are consistent through the reffing. I think they're low, but that's only me-you explained your reasoning.

Venoshock should have done less imo...poison attack against poison type should already be weaker, but good catch on the poisoned status. X4 resist is partly cancelled by stab...so a stab x2 resist should even out...petal should have been lower.

Rookie ref. Ask if you have questions about how to ref a move...

And the spaces are because you have new lines in your code.

Line 1
    Kine 2
    Line 3

To eliminate the lines, you gotta write parts of the code with no return spaces

Line1line2line3

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Altinator is in da house! Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Application for Rookie Referee

Team 1 vs. Team 2

Arena
    Grassy Knoll

DQ
    none

Misc
    Ref Applicant Altinator is ready for action

Pre-Round Stats

Flowa Powa
    Female
    Chlorophyll
    Attacks- Petal Blizzard~Venoshock~Synthesis
    +2 Atk | -3 Spd | Safeguard 2
    Screeeeeeech
    Male
    Infiltrator
    Attacks- Hypnosis~Zen Headbutt~Snatch
    +2 sp atk

Round 3
    Screech flies right above Flowa Powa as his eyes gleam blood red. As the beam shoots directly towards Flowa Powa, Flowa Powa swiftly dodges the attack and hurls icy flower petals straight into a surprised Screech.

=> -6EN Safeguard 1
    => -7HP -2EN atk missed!

Being caught in a flower storm means trouble for Screech. He frantically flies up to avoid further damage and dives quickly towards Flowa Powa with an energy-charged headbutt. Because she was still occupied from her last attack, Flowa Powa had not seen that coming! Out of nowhere, a red-hot headbutt smashes into Flowa Powa's face leaving poor Flowa Powa rolling down the field. Quickly recovering from that blow, Flowa Powa goes in for a nasty comeback. She sprays a well-aimed beam of poisonous liquid right into the eyes of Screech. Shaking off the liquid, Screech merely laughs in the sight of Flowa Powa for the attack only tickled him. This leaves Flowa Powa in a state of fury as the effects of Safeguard wears off.

=> -12HP -4EN Safeguard ends
    => -3HP -7EN

Fearing that she will receive the same punishment one more time, Flowa Powa decides that now is the time for self-rejuvenation. She listens to the wind calmly as the sun's warm rays penetrate Flowa Powa's body giving it a boost of power. During the process, Screech (who was still taunting Flowa Powa) wasted his chance to take the advantage. Although he did steal some of that sunlight from Flowa Powa, it still did not prevent Flowa Powa from completely healing herself leaving a regretful Screech right back where he started.

=> +33HP -12EN
    => +15HP -6EN

Post-Round Stats

Flowa Powa
    Female
    Chlorophyll
    HP: 100%
    EN: 60%
    +2 Atk | -3 Spd
    Gotcha
    Screeeeeeech
    Male
    Infiltrator
    HP: 95%
    EN: 64%
    +2 sp atk
    Oh Crap

Notes
    Petal Blizzard gained STAB bonus but wasn't very effective.
    Venoshock also gained STAB bonus but it also wasn't very effective.
    Screech using snatch to steal HP would have been more higher if he didn't distract himself from his earlier actions.
    The situation of the scenario will also influence my judgement on the damage taken or healing received by each Pokemon.

Disclaimer: I don't know who was supposed to attack first. I did this application just to test my ref skills. If I make do it as a rookie ref, I'll try to live up to the expectations.
    Additional Comments: Once again, if there is any advice or constructive criticism that can help me be better at reffing, please tell me. Thank you.