Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ASB Reffing Tower

Default Re: ASB Reffing Tower *New Mock Reffing/Ref Rewards*

Alright, Rossy, no more hoops. You've officially been promoted!

PerfectChaos, I like your descriptions and, like I said in your PM, you should branch out your style eventually. You're approved as an Intermediate Ref.
    -Grey

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

NOOO WAAAY! Rossy's been promoted? AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

To celebrate, we should make Rossy ref all the battles!
    -Grey

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Huzzah! I knew doing it over and over again would eventually wear you people down! I was prepared to do it another five times until you submitted!

Now I can finally get laid.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Here, here to that!

Oh wait, then I wouldn't get any rewards that way

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Hello, I would like to become a ref. Here`s the mock battle:

ROUND ?
    Arena = Dense Rainforest

Rain is lightly falling, but the clouds look like they could make it much heavier.

TEAM 1

Vaporeon M
    Hydration

85/100 HP
    81/100 PP
    Muddy Water ~ Synchronoise ~ Signal Beam
    *Paralysed*

TEAM 2

Milotic F
    Rain Dish

64/100 HP
    75/100 PP

Flail ~ Psychic ~ Hypnosis
    -2 Atk

I welcome you back to this rainy battle in the middle of the Dense Rainforest. Here, we can see our two urgent water Pokemon eyeing nervously their enemy. The wet Vaporeon streches and relaxes his stiff body and recoveres from the status, that was slowing him down. Meanwhile, Milotic wonders for a moment and then crazily bangs her body againts the muddy ground, splashing it all over the place. However she also hits the trees in her way. Vaporeon dodges with his newly gained speed, only stopping to blink. He the lands close enough to the rampaging Milotic and unleashes a powerful wave of dirty water. Poor Milotic gets carried by it, cutting down the trees with her mighty body.
    (Vaporeon -1 HP, -8 PP) (Milotic -8 HP, -3 PP)

Milotic now embraces and depends on her Psychic powers. Vaporeon flinches a bit, but immediately responds with a great Synchronoise.
    (Vaporeon -3 HP, -6 PP) (Milotic -6 HP, -5 PP)

Vaporeon lifts his light body and sends down at Milotic a colorful stream. Milotic quickly heaves her own head and again relies on her Psychic powers. She blows out ring-like beams of pink light. Vaporeon lands directly in them and falls asleep, however he managed to hit Milotic with the previously mentioned Signal Beam.
    (Vaporeon -5 PP) (Milotic -7 HP, +2 HP, - 3 PP)

TEAM 1

Vaporeon M
    Hydration

81/100 HP
    67/100 PP
    *Sleep*

TEAM 2

Milotic F
    Rain Dish

45/100 HP
    64/100 PP
    -2 Atk

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Looking for a ref here and here
    Last edited by EraGam; 2nd May 2012 at 11:27 PM.

Alright, EraGam, I've looked at your reffing and come to the conclusion that, at this time, you are not approved to be an official referee. You took everything in the mock reffing at face value, and it doesn't appear that you've looked Vaporeon and Milotic's information up at all.

We mods like to throw a few curve balls in every mock reffing, so there will sometimes be a time when the pokemon are ordered to use attacks they can't use. It's up to you to research it to make sure it's accurate, but it looks like you just trusted us entirely.

Remember this for next time, and hopefully you'll be approved.
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Oh, you know, I`m a trusting person...
    So should I write a completely new reffing ,or can I just redo the old one?

Ah, so I have to wait for some kind of new mock battle, or can I just redo the old one? I`m sorry, I`m just not sure what to do now according to the rules...
    Last edited by EraGam; 3rd May 2012 at 08:23 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Applying for the role of an SZ ref, so I completed the mock reffing as Darkly said to ~

Arena: Dense Rainforest

Light Rain

Vaporeon

Male @ Hydration
    HP: |||||||||||||||||||| 85pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 81pts
    ~Paralyzed~
    Muddy Water ~ Synchronoise ~ Signal Beam

Milotic

Female @ Rain Dish
    HP: |||||||||||||||||||| 64pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 75pts
    -2 ATK
    Flail ~ Psychic ~ Hypnosis

Milotic kicks off the round by throwing herself wildly at Vaporeon; but didn't seem to do much damage since 64 HP and a -2 attack stat don't amount to much where Flail is concerned.Vaporeon retailates by throwing his paws in the air to summon a wave, which rose from a muddy pool to his left. With a quick flick of his paws he sends the growing wave at Milotic, which sends her flying back and into a tree. She groans as her head hits the ground.

The rain grows heavier towards the end of the round, and Vaporeon finds himself oddly refreshed by the water. He flexes his now paralysis-free joints whilst Milotic readies herself, she pulls herself up and allows some of the rain to collect on her tail paddle, replenishing some of her HP.
    Milotic: -7 HP, +1 HP, -7 Energy .:. Vaporeon: -3 HP, -8 Energy, No longer paralyzed

In a much better mood now that his paralysis has ebbed away, Vaporeon belts out a song that is quite literally painful to hear. Well, for Milotic at least, since she certainly doesn't look like she'll be cheering for an encore. She simply glares at Vaporeon, willing him to stop singing, but this is to no avail - no matter how intimidating that glare may be, it doesn't give her magical psychic powers. Shame, really - in that case I'd have become a psychic a long time ago.

Yet again, the rain pools onto Milotic's tail fin and replenishes some HP. So the round wasn't completely fruitless for her after all!
    Milotic: -7 HP, +2 HP .:. Vaporeon: -6 Energy

Annoyed with Milotic's glaring from the previous turn, Vaporeon decides that it's his turn to give an evil stare. But this time, the stare does some damage - in the form of a concentrated beam of energy that fires straight in Milotic's direction. As it hits she seems to go blank for a moment, then moves her head and tail in symphony. This catches Vaporeon's attention and his head bobs along with Milotic's movements, before dropping to the ground, fast asleep.

Just a moment later, Vaporeon awakens - all thanks to that rain, which still hasn't eased off. A rumble comes from Milotic's throat as she looks frustratedly at her trainer - looks like somebody didn't do their research before coming to the battle! As she does so more rain collects on her tail, cleansing her wounds slightly.
    Milotic: -7 HP, +1 HP, -3 Energy .:. Vaporeon: -7 Energy

Vaporeon

Male @ Hydration
    HP: |||||||||||||||||||| 82pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 60pts
    >=D

Milotic

Female @ Rain Dish
    HP: |||||||||||||||||||| 47pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 65pts
    -2 ATK

Heavy Rain

NOTES: Rain lasts indefinitely - there is a 30% chance of it easing off at the start of each round. Milotic gained more HP on the second turn because she was just sat around not particularly doing anything, so more rain would have collected.

Cynder, after reading through your reffing, I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta deny your application as well. I'll send you a PM with the reasons why.

Era, you'll hafta wait until we put up a new mock reffing -- should be up by week's end.
    -Grey

Elite Trainer

So I'm a bit confused on something...do we have to do the new mock reffing in order to be approved as a SZ Ref? Because it stated before that any already approved ref can be made as a SZ Ref but I PM'ed Dark about it and got confused by what he said

Veteran Trainer

I didn't know you were already approved, PC. That's an oversight on my part. You can be a SZ ref riiiight now.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Default Re: ASB Reffing Tower *New Mock Reffing*

Alright everyone, I got a new mock reffing up for the month of... let's say June. Have at it!
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Arena: Intense Desert
    Sun is high in the sky and there's sand for miles!

~Gravity~

Lavados

Genderless @ Flame Body
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 95pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 91pts
    Ancientpower ~ Swift ~ Sky Drop

Entei

Genderless @ Pressure
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 80pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 85pts
    +2 Atk, -Def
    Extrasensory ~ Stomp ~ Earthquake

As the faster legendary of the two, Entei the un-nicknamed Entei roars and lets fly a rainbow beam of energy, which hits the poor Lavados like a sitting duck, which it techinically is with gravity is limiting its flight. Not cool bro. It takes the hit admirably well however, and counters by summoning a bunch of fossils from deep under the sand and launcing them at Entei. Apparently lions don't like having rocks thrown at them, as Entei doesn't quite take its hit as easily as Lavados did.
    Lavados: -6 Energy, -8 HP.:. Entei: -6 Energy, -10 HP

Taking revenge for that earlier assault, Entei takes advantage of Lavados's inability to fly and sprints over and stomps on its foot. Hard. Lavados wails, 436.5lbs of lion on your foot is bound to be painful (especially when that lion has raised attack!), and sends a barricade of stars flying towards Entei; it seems that this battle really is going to be tit-for-tat. Remember kids, revenge isn't always as fun as it may seem.

Towards the end of the action the affects of gravity wear off, allowing Lavados to take to the skies once more. It stretches its wings wide and allows the desert updrafts to carry him back high up into the air, where it belongs.
    Lavados: -12 HP, -5 Energy .:. Entei: -6 HP, -6 Energy

As Lavados once again takes to the air Entei leaps up to try and bring it back down, but Lavados is simply enjoying the freedom of the air too much to land again. Despite Lavados still being in the air Entei goes ahead and uses Earthquake anyways; but I doubt that scare tactics like that will work when you're in the air. Lavados swoops down and grabs Entei in its talons, which is quite a feat in itself considering Entei's weight, and uses a little scare tactic of its own. Entei wimpers like a kitten - it much prefers the ground!
    Lavados: -9 Energy .:. Entei: -8 Energy

Lavados

Genderless @ Flame Body
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 75pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 71pts

Entei

Genderless @ Pressure
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 65pts
    Energy: |||||||||||||||||||| 64pts
    +2 Atk, -Def

Would've posted this yesterday, but I decided to sleep on it to see if there were any mistakes. There were one or two, so I'm honestly glad I did!
    Last edited by Cynder; 23rd May 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Alright, Cyder, after a careful consideration, I've decided to approve you as a Beginner Ref. The energy costs were a little low for my tastes, considering that Entei had Pressure and all, but that's not an overly glaring issue. You also know the other reason--

Have fun with Oslo's quest.
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

ROUND ???
    Arena = Intense Desert

~GRAVITY~
    (2 more turns)

Team - ???

Lavados
    Flame Body

95/100 HP
    91/100 PP

Team - ???

Entei
    Pressure

80/100 HP
    85/100 PP
    +2 Atk, -Def

The majestic bird stomps the ground heavily like a child, whose toy was stolen. It flaps its wings with force but her feet are stuck to the ground. What a bummer. Entei stays on its spot and releases a ray of psychic energy. The Moltres is just fast enough to turn its head and recieve the blow. When its vision clears, the bird gets a view of a lion-like statue erected in its glory. Fear takes over Moltres and it hides under its feathers with shame.
    Lavados -9 HP
    Entei -6 PP

Lavados, still trapped on the ground, slowly flaps its wings and sends out shinning stars. They hit Entei, but he doesn`t waste time, gets closer to the bird and tries to jump onto Moltres. The crazy gravity pulls the cat down and with a screech he ends up smashing Moltres to the earth. Lavados cries out with the pain. Hopefully it will still be able to fly after this.
    Lavados -15 HP, -6 PP
    Entei -8 HP

Moltres raises into the sky sand blowing everywhere! Looks like the gravity is back to normal. This time Entei stomps the ground, probably hoping to relieve his anger, since it doesn`t seem to have any effect. The bird dives and heads towards Entei. It all happens so fast, Moltres digs its claws into the helpless kitty and raises with its prey back into the clouds. Pulling up such a heavy lion sure takes away a lot of energy.
    Lavados -16 PP
    Entei -2 PP

Team - ???

Lavados
    Flame Body

71/100 HP
    69/100 PP

Team - ???

Entei
    Pressure

72/100 HP
    78/100 PP
    +2 Atk, -Def

Hm... I do like that you've adapted your own style, Era, but I do have one little qualm with your reffing: the damage from Stomp was a little high. Even with the +2 to Atk, I'd say it would do about 10-12HP damage max.

Notwithstanding, I'm approving you as a Beginner.
    -Grey

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Yes! I thought I would get it again. I made stomp do more damage since the gravity kinda pulled him down at Moltres... but yeah, I guess it was too much.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Woot! I'm a saf zone ref!

Aha, I've never really been that great with working out the energy costs and things, something I think I should probably work on.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
    Aha, I've never really been that great with working out the energy costs and things, something I think I should probably work on.
    "Energy = Base Damage - 2" works for me. Moves classified as "Status" cost 2-4 EP, though perhaps higher for something like Protect or Paint Split.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

For me to become an official ref.

Mock Pretty Fancy Battle

The arena is extremely heavy due to intense Gravity!

LAVADOS ENTEI
    FlamBod --- Pressure
    No Status --- +2ATK/-1DEF
    HP: 95[█████████▓][▒▒████████]80 :HP
    EP: 91[█████████▓][▒▓████████]85 :EP
    Ancientpwr --- Extrasensory
    Swift --- Stomp
    Sky Drop --- Erthquake

The battle here is heating up! I don't know about you, but I'm certainly getting excited! Let's get into the next round of this fearsome encounter!

Turn 1
    An almost invisible beam shoots from ENTEI's forehead and goes for LAVADOS! The Moltres tries to get out of the way, but gravity is bearing down too heavily!
    Suddenly, however, rocks appear to spring up before LAVADOS! Quickly getting out of the Gravity, the rocks are hurled towards ENTEI! ENTEI is unable to get out of the way in time, and takes several rocks to the face! It didn't like that at all!

[-8 HP; -8 EP /// -14 HP; -5 EP]

Turn 2
    ENTEI rushes up and kicks LAVADOS right in the head, which can only lie their due to the intense weight!
    LAVADOS doesn't seem to mind too much, though, as it opens its mouth to release several stars that shoot out at ENTEI! ENTEI tries to get away, but they immediately surround it!
    LAVADOS feels lighter now!

[-9 HP; -8 EP /// -6 HP; -7 EP]

Turn 3
    Seeing LAVADOS try to get up, ENTEI immediately stomps upon the ground, causing it to shake and crack visciously! However, LAVADOS simply lifts far off of the ground before the attack can hit it!
    LAVADOS then quickly flies over to ENTEI, grabbing it by the nape and hoisting it skyward!

[ -10 EP; In the air; Free from Gravity /// -10 EP; In the air]

After Round

*Gyaau!* LAVADOS ENTEI *Gruh?*
    No Status --- +2ATK/-1DEF
    HP: 78[████████▒▒][▒▒▒▒██████]60 :HP
    EP: 64[██████▓▒▒▒][▒▒▒▓██████]63 :EP

Ref Notes
    Moves spelled wrong are likely spelled that way on purpose for formatting reasons.
    Gravity has lifted.

EDIT: After reviewing, noticed that Earthquake cannot be learned by Entei and Swift cannot be learned by Moltres according to bulbapedia! Missed this, at first, but I'll catch this kinda thing in the future.
    Of course, its possible the mock trainers could've taught these to their pokemon through other means. Which is why I'm saying this in an edit footnote rather than replacing the move text.
    Last edited by Gigya; 25th May 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Did you check all of the Generation Movelists to check that edit of yours? I'm pretty sure Moletres can learn Swift via TM from Gen 1....
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I double checked individual moves.
    Triple checking now, yes, Moltres can learn it from TM 39 in gen 1.
    However, Entei seems in no way able to learn Earthquake through normal means, meaning it would have had to learn it through some form of tutoring here.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Ok, thought I might as well try doing this. It's a nice change of pace from what I've been doing regularly (that is, pretty much nothing. lol).

Round ???
    The Sun is high in the sky and there's sand for miles.

Current effect(s): Gravity

Team ???

Lavados
    Flame Body
    [][][][][][][][][][] 95/100 HP
    [][][][][][][][][][] 91/100 PP
    You will soon meet your end!

Team ???

Entei
    Pressure
    [][][][][][][][][][]80/100 HP
    [][][][][][][][][][]85/100 PP
    +2 Atk, -1 Def
    I will crush you as easily as I would a kricketot !

Hello and welcome back to our exciting installment of glorified chicken fights Pokemon Battling! Let's get back to the action in the hot sands of this intense desert!

The legendary bird Lavados continues to try to flap her wings to get up into the sky, but the gravity of the situation is too much for her. She instead decides to plant both her feet into the ground and call upon the ancient spirits that inhabit the rich sands of this very desert to levitate some nearby rocks into the air.
    Lavados then throws these rocks toward the Legendary Beast Entei, but Entei has been ready for such an attack. While Lavados was getting her rocks ready, Entei had been charging a rainbow-colored beam of energy (with red being the color that shows up the most), and he fires the glorious beam of energy toward Lavados to intercept the ancient rocks. The rainbow beam of energy crushes some rocks and manages to strike Lavados in the wing, but that has only slightly weakened the force of both attacks as the remaining rocks continuously strike Entei for super effective damage.

Sadly, the ancient spirits that helped Lavados conjure that onslaught of rocks leave her almost instantly, seemingly glad to be free once more.

[Lavados: -8 health -8 energy ¦ Entei: -10 health -5 energy ¦ Gravity: One more turn]

For her next trick, Lavados conjures up a ring of stars. Before she can shoot them at Entei, however, Entei runs up to the giant bird and Stomps her and the stars to the ground, getting grazed by a few of them. Being the frail bird it truly is compared to the big not-so-red dog, this hurts Lavados quite a bit.

[Lavados: -12 health -7 energy ¦ Entei; -4 health -10 energy]

And, just like that, a huge weight is lifted from Lavados' shoulders, and she shoots up into the air with a caw of delight.

[Gravity has lifted]

Entei starts off this round by stomping the ground, causing numerous rocks to jut out to create a maddening quake of terror in an attempt to hit lavados, who merely flies up into the air to easily dodge. Real productive, trainer. Lavados watches him waste energy with pity before shooting up into the air, plucking entei off of the ground in her talons (Ugh, he's pretty heavy), flying high up into the air, and watching in pure satisfaction as the big bad entei whimpers like a little puppy.

[Entei:-6 energy ¦ Lavados: -10 energy]

Team ???

Lavados
    Flame Body
    [][][][][][][][][][] 75/100 HP
    [][][][][][][][][][] 65/100 PP
    How do you like My turf?

Team ???

Entei
    Pressure
    [][][][][][][][][][]66/100 HP
    [][][][][][][][][][]64/100 PP
    +2 Atk, -1 Def
    I command you to put me down this instant!

Last edited by BTPoke; 28th May 2012 at 03:07 PM.

How did 'ya both get taken by the same thing!?

Entei never learns Earthquake in any of the games. Gigya, you figured that out before I could check this out, so you get a by.

But I also approved Cynder despite this error, so I'm gonna go ahead and approve the both of you as Beginner Refs.
    -Grey

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

What's the crack on switching these days? Is it allowed (it always used to count as a loss of pokemon), is it like Baton pass and you give the new commands in the same turn, etc? Any ideas.

Depending on the ref, switching out a pokemon can take either one or two actions (it's generally accepted that it takes two actions to switch out pokemon).
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

With all the new moves that use Switching, its now too imbalanced to have a pokemon loss due to switching.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

*faux British accent*

Ello there chaps

If anyone minds, would anyone like to be privy to reffing a bloody good battle here. It seems our good man EraGam decided to make haste for Stockholm and won't be here for a time.

Right then, looking forward to our volunteer

Cheerio then!

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

I wish I really spoke like that >_>

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I can fake an accent like that, but it's really difficult and too obviously fake.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Question
    How many battles can a ref take up at once?

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

As many as you think you can handle.

If DL had his way, he'd be reffing all the battles (this may or may not be true).

Veteran Trainer

The above is true, if I had the time. LOL

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Would like to request a sub-ref for the battle between Gigya and me here please and than you!

Elite Trainer

Default Re: ASB Reffing Tower

Don't want to double post but it has been more than a week. Requesting again for a ref to come in for sub-reffing my battle with Gigya, link is in my previous post.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I want to become a ref but i dont know how to make a sprite or copy and paste it over here so if someone could tell me how to do that it would be a great help thank you

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Use [img*] tags when necessary. The image's URL address, (in Mudkip's case: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/im...milies/258.gif) goes inside them, like so:

[img*]http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/smilies/258.gif[/img*]

Get rid of the asterisks (the *s) when you're actually writing it up though, otherwise it won't show up.

The same is true for links. My Vs. Seeker.
    -Grey

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

alright i'll try it out ;D

got it^
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2nd July 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.