Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.39

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.39

Goldenrod Tower

Owners: Lady Vulpix, TheBlueAvenger and classy_cat18

Mod Approved by Aipom of Doom and Wolfsong

Mystery Gift Floor

To make sure that this doesn't become "MG Please" spam, you MUST answer a daily question posted by an employee to request a Mystery Gift. There will be a question posted for each day; however, it may not be on the correct day (at least, for your time zone). You can answer the poll(s) for the most recent day, and any polls from the two prior days. All prizes that say "Stamps/CCPs" let you choose from one of the currencies to receive your money in.

Anyone is allowed to post the poll of the day (as long as no one else has posted a poll on the same day, that is). The person who gets to post the poll of the day will be entitled to an extra Mystery Gift.

You will get a random Mystery Gift from the following list:

Common Items:
    Hollow Stone, Red MGcoin, Lunar Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP, Solar Gem

Uncommon Items:
    Division Gem, Ocean Gem, 2 Stamps/CCPs, Spark Gem, Photosynthesis Gem, Flame Gem, Blue MGcoin, Berry

Rare Items:
    Darkness Gem, Light Gem, Rainbow Gem, Circle Gem, 10 Stamps/CCPs, Green MGcoin, Gold Berry

Super Rare Items:
    20 Stamps/CCPs, Mystery Box, 2 Green MGcoins, Miracle Berry, Stat Modification Die

If you receive the Mystery Box, you receive 1 Stamp, 1 CCP, 1 Red MGcoin, a common/uncommon item of your choice, and a free MG. You must post after receiving the Mystery Box to get the item and to have us give you your MG.

The Games Floor

To play the games, you need an MGcoin. Each game costs one credit worth of MGcoins; Red MGcoins are worth one credit, Blue MGcoins are worth two, and Green MGcoins are worth three. You get proper change back for using Blue or Green MGcoins. MGcoins can be obtained through Mystery Gifts or playing these games. Also, you can buy a Red MGcoin for one Stamp/CCP, but ONLY if you have none.

The Grabber Game

Remember those irritating claw robots at fairgrounds? In this version you pilot one over a 6X6 grid. You give directions starting from bottom center. Pick a square by going over one to five squares and up one to five squares. The better prizes are farther away, but you have a higher chance of dropping them.

Update (4/2/06): there's a chance of getting a collectible Unown Pokédoll instead of a regular prize from the Grabber Game. There are 19 kinds of dolls (some are rarer than others). You can either collect them or exchange them for shields: if you get 3 pokédolls that correspond to the first 3 letters of a pokemon type, you can exchange them for an elemental shield of that type.

Each day, you may use the Grabber Game and Scratchcards up to 10 times COMBINED. You may split the uses however you want.

Guess THIS!

An employee will think of a Pokemon, and give you a clue that should be unique to that Pokemon. You then have one try to guess the Pokemon. If you win, you get your choice of common/uncommon Mystery Gift prizes. If you guess wrongly, you won't get your Red MGcoin back like before.

You may only ask for one Guess This per day.

Scratchcard

Just like the lotto, you can come here and scratch off for a prize. Pick a card from the lists below, and scratch off three numbers (from one to ten). There will be three randomly decided winning squares, and an employee will tell you what your scratchcards revealed, and whether you won anything.

Group 1 Scratchcards
    Choose from 2 Stamps, 2 CCPs, Hollow Stone, Lunar Gem, Solar Gem, Photosynthesis Gem, Flame Gem, Ocean Gem, Spark Gem, Division Gem.

Prizes:
    1 winning square: Red MGcoin
    2 winning squares: One of the indicated item
    3 winning squares: Two of the indicated item

Group 2 Scratchcards:
    Choose from 5 Stamps, 5 CCPs, Rainbow Gem, Green MGcoin, Darkness Gem AND Light Gem

Prizes:
    1 winning square: Red MGcoin
    2 winning squares: Blue MGcoin
    3 winning squares: One of the indicated item

Each day, you may use the Grabber Game and Scratchcards up 10 times COMBINED. You may split the uses however you want.

Mystery Pokemon

In this game, you are given a list of 14 different Pokemon. Your goal is to figure out which one is the "Mystery Pokemon" that is randomly chosen from the list at the beginning of the game. To narrow the possibilities, you may ask up to four questions (one at a time) that can be answered by an employee with a "yes" or a "no". In addition to these questions, you get one attempt to guess the correct Pokemon. After this guess, regardless of how many questions you asked, you will receive your prize.

Correct answer after 2 or fewer questions: Any Mystery Gift item except for 20 stamps/CCPs.
    Correct answer after 3 questions: 5 stamps/CCPs or any rare, uncommon, or common Mystery Gift item except 10 stamps/CCPs.
    Correct answer after 4 questions: Any common or uncommon Mystery Gift item.

Note: if you ask whether the MP is a certain pokemon, it counts as a guess if it is, and as a question if it isn't.

Update: as of October 29th, 2006, you can request a game of Mystery Pokemon with or without Diamond/Perl pokemon.

Fishing Game

The aim of the game is to fish a prize out of a 4 by 4 grid with coordinates ranging from A-1 to D-4. You must post the desired coordinate(s), and a worker will tell you what you got (and maybe even show you the grid afterwards if he/she feels like it).

Each grid will have 1 empty space, 5 common items, 4 uncommon items, 3 rare items, 2 super rare items, and 1 specific enhancer.

You may choose up to 3 coordinates a day for the prize of 1 MGCredit each. Whether you choose them all at once or one at a time is up to you (choosing one at a time might get you more than one specific enhancer, but it might also get you more than one empty space, which cannot happen if you choose all the coordinates at once).

EMT

You can request up to 2 EMTs each month, for the price of 3 MGCredits each. You will get a random TM each time.

EMT Game

This Game is free and everyone can take part easily in a guessing game. It will take place ONCE A WEEK. A Worker will use the EMT but not tell you what TM popped out. You'll need to guess what TM popped out of the EMT and if you do you get to keep that TM. Clues will help you decide what TM popped out of the EMT and the Worker who's doing the EMT Game will give one clue a day. Everyone gets one guess a day after the Worker has posted the update for that day. This means you could have the chance of getting more TMs from the EMT if you're good at this game.

The worker who hosts the game will use a form like this one on the first day, and fill in one line of the form each day until the move is guessed or the form is full, whatever comes first.

[TYPE]
    [BASE PP]
    [BASE DAMAGE]
    [BASE ACCURACY]
    [TARGET]
    [EFFECT]

The Item Floor

Store

Hollow Stone ~2 MGcoin credits

Day Stone: Evolves Eevee to Espeon ~15 MGcoin credits

Night Stone: Evolves Eevee to Umbreon ~15 MGcoin credits

Elemental Shield: Choose any one desired type. Give to a Pokemon, and it will absorb 30% of the damage from attacks of the respective type ~20 MGcoin credits

You may sell Hollow Stones for 1 Stamp/CCP, Gems and Berries for 2 stamps/CCPs, Gold Berries for 5 stamps/CCPs and Miracle Berries for 10 stamps/CCPs each.

Electronic Move Tutor

For three MGcoin credits, you can give this machine a crank, and you get a random TM. You may only use the Electronic Move Tutor twice a month.

The Stone Forge

Here you may forge your gems and stones together for a fee.

Gem + Gem = Rainbow Gem (1 Stamp/CCP)
    Hollow Stone + Element Gem = Associated Evolution Stone (2 Stamps/CCPs)
    Hollow Stone + Rainbow Gem = Evolution Stone of choice (2 Stamps/CCPs)
    Evolution Stone + Division Gem = Associated Gem + Hollow Stone
    Hollow Stone + 3 Element Gems = Genetic Accelerator Gene (3 Stamps/CCPs)
    Evolution Stone + 2 Element Gems = Genetic Accelerator Gene (2 Stamps/CCPs)
    Genetic Accelerator Gene + Division Gem = Light Gem + Darkness Gem + Rainbow Gem + Hollow Stone

Associated Gems and Stones:
    Spark Gem -> Thunderstone
    Ocean Gem -> Water Stone
    Flame Gem -> Fire Stone
    Solar Gem -> Sun Stone or Awakening Stone (you can choose!)
    Photosynthesis Gem -> Leaf Stone
    Lunar Gem -> Moon Stone
    Light Gem -> Day Stone or Light Stone (you can choose!)
    Darkness Gem -> Night Stone or Dusk Stone (you can choose!)
    Circle Gem -> Round Stone
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 20th December 2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Attached the randomizer in case the one on the web doesn't work.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Administrator

Default Re: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.40

From the previous version, Brian gets...

MP: Metang, Munchlax, Dodrio, Pottaishi, Manectric, Cleffa, Beruberuto, Golem, Graveler, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Psyduck, Sunflora, Rentoraa.

GG: Light Gem.

New poll. This is something we don't normally talk about because of the old legend that states that people who say they want to become mods never will, but I doubt the admins will even look at this poll and they're the only ones with modding powers, so we can speak freely.

(13/2) Do you mod/have you modded any forums in or out of TPM? If so, what is/was it like? If not, what do you think it would be like if you did? Is there any forum outside TPM you would like to mod? Why/why not? (You may name them, but do not post links to them).
    I modded PCG on TPM before I became a supermod, and now I mod everything here. It used to be hard work, but we haven't had many attacks/spammers/flamers lately, so now it's mostly simple routine work like closing old topics and updating thread titles. Of course I'm still on the watch in case something bad happens again. And of course there's the private forums, but we're not allowed to say what goes on over there.
    I also mod the Dragon Tamers section on Tsuyoi's Lair, which is nice but too quiet. I haven't done any real mod work in there.
    As for a place where I would like to mod... I'd pick the Clockwork Mansion forums. Mods and admins seem to be having a lot of fun there.

2 MGs, please.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.39

I was about to ask what happened to version 39... ^_^;

MP: Metang, Munchlax, Dodrio, Pottaishi, Manectric, Cleffa, Beruberuto, Golem, Graveler, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Psyduck, Sunflora, Rentoraa
    Question #1: Does this Pokemon have an "o" in its name?

(13/2) Do you mod/have you modded any forums in or out of TPM? If so, what is/was it like? If not, what do you think it would be like if you did? Is there any forum outside TPM you would like to mod? Why/why not? (You may name them, but do not post links to them).

The Fanfiction forum of TPM is the first and only forum I've ever modded. It's hard work, but it can be a lot of fun. For instance, I love organizing things like the Fanfic Awards and the E-zine. I ca't really think of any forum outside of TPM I'd seriously consider modding... I might be offered a role at ArmorStudios someday if I keep my activity up, but I doubt I'd accept. I'm just not that dedicated to their forum, whereas I love it here.

Guess that's another MG, huh?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Administrator

MP: no, it doesn't. MG: Lunar Gem.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

MP: Metang, Munchlax, Manectric, Cleffa, Graveler, Psyduck
    Question #2: Does this Pokemon's name begin with an "M"?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Administrator

No, it doesn't.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

MP: Cleffa, Graveler, Psyduck
    Question #3: Is this Pokemon a Cleffa?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Administrator

No, it isn't. Sorry.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I currently mod ASB, which is rockin'. It's a great community, and ASB in and of itself is really fun. As for forums outside of TPM, I'd probably like to eventually mod at Starmen or Pokecharms, since they're both very cool sites that I've been at for a while.

Gabi: 1 Stamp/CCP, 10 Stamps/CCPs. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

The real Shonta Moderator

Jeff: Circle Gem

I am a current mod of Wolfsong's Wilderness. It's a busy job back when it was busy. Now it's just me and Amy (with an occasional third member). I don't think I would want to be a mod of a forum, to tell you the truth. It requires regular attendance and I want to take a long break without worry.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Administrator

That forum still exists? Wow! What do you do in there? You get
    1 Stamp/CCP.

And I'll take my MG in stamps.

I'd like 5 Scratchcards, please. (1,2,5) for 5 stamps. *Hands over a Blue MGCoin and 3 Red MGCoins.*

And Shonta, will you please check the tagboard?

Gabi: So sorry. 2 Blue MGcoins, 3 Red MGcoins

I'll take that MG in stamps.
    Random Quote:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

MP: Graveler, Psyduck
    Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Graveler?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Administrator

Yes, it is! What will your prize be?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I'll take a Green MGcoin, then swap it for a Blue one to play another game of Mystery Pokemon. *pays*
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Brian: Cradily, Venonat, Hitmonlee, Sneasel, Nidoran F, Dokurogu, Sudowoodo, Nidoran M, Lugia, Skarmory, Wobbuffet, Feebas, Umbreon, Piloswine
    Random Quote:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

MP; Cradily, Venonat, Hitmonlee, Sneasel, Nidoran F, Dokurogu, Sudowoodo, Nidoran M, Lugia, Skarmory, Wobbuffet, Feebas, Umbreon, Piloswine
    Question #1: Does this Pokemon have an "r" in its name?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

No, it doesn't.
    Random Quote:

Smile Re: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.39

Mystery Pokemon: Surskit, Metang

Question 1: Does the Mystery Pokemon appear in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Yes
    Question 2: Is the Mystery Pokemon a Dual-Type Pokemon? Yes
    Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved?
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

MP: Venonat, Hitmonlee, Sneasel, Sudowoodo, Lugia, Wobbuffet, Feebas, Piloswine
    Question #2: Does this Pokemon have an "s" (capital or lowercase) in its name?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Administrator

It's alright. Can I have my first EMT for February, please? *Hands over a Blue MGCoin and a Red MGCoin.*

Administrator

New Game!

Thanks to Kyle for the idea. We now present to you the Fishing Game.

The aim of the game is to get a prize out of a 4 by 4 grid with coordinates ranging from A-1 to D-4. Something like this:

...Except that you don't get to see the grid.

You can choose up to 3 coordinates (for the prize of 1 MGCredit each), and a worker will tell you what you got (and maybe even show you the grid afterwards if he/she feels like it).

Each grid will have 1 empty space, 5 common items, 4 uncommon items, 3 rare items, 2 super rare items, and 1 specific enhancer.

You may choose up to 3 coordinates a day. Whether you choose them all at once or one at a time is up to you (choosing one at a time might get you more than one specific enhancer, but it might also get you more than one empty space, which cannot happen if you choose all the coordinates at once).

Gabi: I'll try the game later. You get Seismic Toss as your first EMT.
    Random Quote:

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I cannot for the life of me remember how many I originally offered, but I'm just popping to drop of 24 Blue MG Coins for Kyle (that leaves me with 50).

And hey people.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by *Murkrow View Post
    I cannot for the life of me remember how many I originally offered, but I'm just popping to drop of 24 Blue MG Coins for Kyle (that leaves me with 50).

And hey people.
    Oh, 24 Blue MGCoins instead of 15? Well, it's quite a surprise, but I confirm that I'm accepting these from Hannah.

With 5 of them, I'd like to get 10 SCs (1, 2, 3, Green MGCoin), please.

Thanks again Hannah!

[2/14] With today being Valentine's Day, are you celebrating? Why or why not? If you aren't, is there something you don't like about the day? Why or why not?

No, I'm not celebrating Valentine's Day because I'm single, which basically is my reason to not like this day. I used to like it as a kid, though, when I received valentines from classmates, but right now, since that kind of thing is a bit old for me, I quickly lost interest.

MG (and the extra one), the SCs from above, and another GT! please.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Administrator

It's nice to see you again, Hannah, if only for a moment.
    I'm giving the Seismic Toss TM to Amber. I guess she can use it at the Battle Range someday.

Kyle: SC: 1 Blue MGcoin, 8 Red MGcoins. I guess you're even. MG: Flame Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP. GT: this pokemon can use more than one move, but none of them are of its own type.

[2/14] With today being Valentine's Day, are you celebrating? Why or why not? If you aren't, is there something you don't like about the day? Why or why not?
    This calls for a short answer. I don't celebrate it because I'm single, but I have nothing against it because I see nothing wrong with it. Of course people don't do as much about it here as they do in North America.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post

Kyle: SC: 1 Blue MGcoin, 8 Red MGcoins. I guess you're even. MG: Flame Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP. GT: this pokemon can use more than one move, but none of them are of its own type.
    GT!: I'm betting that's Magikarp, Blue MGCoin if I'm right, please.

I'd like to sell the Flame Gem for CCPs please.

Edit: Just wondering, but can D/P Pokemon appear in GT! these days?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Administrator

Well done! You get a Blue MGCoin, and 2 CCPs.

I guess DP pokemon can appear in GT games, but I doubt we'd have much to say about them.

I'm still waiting for my MG.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Didn't celebrate at all, to be honest. I have nothing against the day - when I had a girlfriend, it was a really big deal - but I'm single now. Plus, I had an exam earlier in the day, and since I stayed up all night studying, I was a little wiped out. Even if I had a girlfriend, we probably wouldn't have had much of a celebration.

May I have an MG?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Administrator

Thumbs down Re: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.39

Of course. You get 1 Stamp/CCP. And I hope you did well in your exam.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Thanks. Felt good about it, although you never can be sure.

[2/15] Have you ever entered an eating contest? If so, what was it like? What did you have to eat? Did it make you sick? Would you do it again? If not, why have you not entered an eating contest? Is there a reason for you to avoid them? Either way, what do you think about eating contests?

I was in one last year; my dormitory held a charity fundraiser, and I decided to participate in the big event. We had to 50 chicken nuggets from a local restaurant in a half hour. (Although there were prizes for the fastest finisher, anyone who completed the challenge won awards. Besides, some crazy guy finished in about 10 minutes, which totally stunned everyone.)

I admit I was a little ill afterward, but hardly more serious than I usually am after devouring a loaf of garlic bread and a six-pack of soda, which I frequently do anyway. I'd probably do it again if given the opportunity. It's not something I take seriously, though... I couldn't imagine being one of those guys on ESPN2 who throws down 40-something bratwurst in 12 minutes. That's totally unhealthy, especially with the training they do before hand to stretch their stomachs. But fun events like the one I was in are a little different.

S'pose I get two more MGs. ^_^
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Brian: 1 Stamp/CCP, Solar Gem
    Random Quote:

Administrator

I've been skipped.

[2/15] Have you ever entered an eating contest? If so, what was it like? What did you have to eat? Did it make you sick? Would you do it again? If not, why have you not entered an eating contest? Is there a reason for you to avoid them? Either way, what do you think about eating contests?
    No, I haven't. I haven't had the chance anyway, but I wouldn't join one because they're quite unhealthy. Unless it was a speed contest rather than a quantity one. If it was just eating a regular meal as fast as possible, I'd stand a good chance at winning.

2 MGs now, please. One for today and one for yesterday.

Gabi: Sorry about that. MGs: Red MGcoin, Solar Gem
    Random Quote:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I've been skipped as well... my second Mystery Pokemon question was a couple of days ago.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

*has forgotten about Brian's MP game* I am ashamed. Anyway, yes it does.
    Random Quote:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

It's no big deal. Happens to the best of us. ^_^

MP: Sneasel, Sudowoodo, Feebas, Piloswine
    Question #3: Does this Pokemon's name begin with an "S"?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Yes, it does.
    Random Quote:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

MP: Sneasel, Sudowoodo
    Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Sneasel?

Also, I'd like to fuse two Solar Gems, a Lunar Gem, and a Hollow Stone into a Genetic Accelerator Gene. *pays 3 Stamps*
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Brian: No, which leaves you with one choice. *hands him GAC* I'm guessing this is for your new Chansey.
    Random Quote: