Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, BTPoke, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4), Ref RaZoR LeAf

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, BTPoke, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4), Ref RaZoR LeAf

As 2012 is the Year of Dragon according to the Chinese calendar, I'm rather surprised that there is no Dragon Type Pokemon battle around. So here we go!

Only Dragon Type Pokemon allowed.
    Room for 4 trainers.
    Two trainers side with each other against the other two.
    Each trainer has 2 Dragon Type Pokemon.
    Each trainer has one Pokemon out at a time.
    Both teams can discuss the strategy via PM.

Arena:

Lohikäärmetunturi/Drakefjället/Dragon Fjeld

A peculiar fell located in Northern Finland. 100 years ago, a meteor was about to hit Finnish Lapland. Several Pokemon managed to soften the impact with Hyper Beam, so the rock remained on the top of a fjeld. After that, Several Dragon Type Pokemon appeared around the area. That's why it's now called Lohikäärmetunturi, i.e. Dragon Fjeld. It's summer 2012 and the sun never sets since we are above the arctic circle. The temperature is somewhere around 10 degrees Celsius.

Any takers?
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 20th May 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! 2 vs 2 (4 on 4) and a Ref needed

does larvaitar count? it looks a lot like a dragon
    if it does I'm in as soon as oslo finishes my sz adventure
    if not then that means nobody can use garados or anything like that

I was actually thinking of including a list of non-Dragon Pokemon that would be allowed too. Perhaps I should open one for suggestions.

- Larvitar
    - Gyarados
    - Charizard
    - Aerodactyl
    - Steelix
    - Milotic
    - Sceptile
    - Aggron
    - Serperior
    - Armaldo
    - Feraligatr
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 22nd May 2012 at 10:08 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Aha, sounds cool! I have a few dragon types to train, so why not? :3

Advanced Trainer

Yay! now oslo just needs to hurry it up with the sz and I'm in
    also to include in the list
    aerodactyl
    steelix
    and arbok to suggest a few
    Edit: molotic, sceptile, aggron, serperior, dragon plate arceus, and armaldo, still looking
    Last edited by Ash0011; 10th May 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Hmmmm, I added those in the list except for Arbok and Arceus. Arbok is just a snake for me and Arceus is a Legendary anyway.

Now we still need a ref and just one battler more. You can suggest more non-Dragon Type Pokemon if you want, too.

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4) and a Ref needed

alright finally finished the sz adventure
    using

Larvaitar
    Female
    Tyranniquake (TQ)
    guts

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4) and a Ref needed

Good. But wait, you have to have a total of TWO Dragon-like Pokemon? I stated this in the first post. I might lend you one, though.

*goes to the ASB Rules thread*

Anyways, my first Pokemon'll be

Fenlong, my male Bagon with Rock Head.

The ref may decide on the sides and who attacks first.

That's right, we still need a ref and one more battler.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You gots to get your Larvitar (and Rotom) approved before they can be used, Ash.

Also, this is not me putting my name down to ref, FYI.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I might be battling here If I can catch this druddigon in my current safari Adventcha, so hopefully i'll be able to catch it in time to claim a spot.

Advanced Trainer

alright they are a go

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, BTPoke, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4), Ref needed

alright, SZ over. i'm in

first pokemon will be:

Druddigon
    Female
    Sandpaper (Sandy for short)
    Rough Skin
    Last edited by BTPoke; 18th May 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, BTPoke, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4), Ref needed

Is there anyone who'd like to ref the battle?

Elite Trainer

so maybe while we wait we can set up who's teamed with who.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I think I can ref this for you. I haven't done a double battle in a while, but I've rehashed my template so I should be good to go. I just need to know what pokemon Cynder is using. I have Dragon pokemon if one or more need to be lent out for this battle. Ash, BTPoke, I don't know how many dragon's or psuedo-dragons you have.

I'll also team you up (seems fairer that I do it).
    Team One : Ash100 and Mikachu Yukitatsu (Heads)
    Team Two : BTPoke and Cynder (Tails)

Coin Toss best of Three : Tails, Heads, Tails

BTPoke and Cynder attack first

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, BTPoke, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4), Ref RaZoR Le

yeah, don't worry. I have a druddigon and a dratini, so i'm going to be using those.
    So anyway, yeah. starting out with Sandy, my female druddigon with Rough skin ability.

Default Re: Dragon Summer Battle! Ash, Cynder, BTPoke, Mikachu, 2 vs 2 (4 on 4), Ref RaZoR Le

And to remind everyone, I'll use Fenlong, my male Bagon with Rock Head.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll use my own Larvitar (male@guts) - since my other unevolved dragon is in a stalled battle x3

So how is issuing the commands going to work? I'm guessing BTPoke and I need to work out what we're going to do and then post it here, correct?

Advanced Trainer

I'm using

Larvaitar
    Female
    Tyranniquake (TQ)
    guts

and with the second I got an egg, if not smeargle can sketch a transform *trollface*

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
    I'll use my own Larvitar (male@guts) - since my other unevolved dragon is in a stalled battle x3

So how is issuing the commands going to work? I'm guessing BTPoke and I need to work out what we're going to do and then post it here, correct?
    You know you can use the other pokemon even if it's in another battle right? So long as you're not trying to evolve it,or it's in a Gym battle, you can use it anywhere you want.

And yes, you and BTPoke can/should converse in PM to discuss how you want to attack, or you can just post attacks right away.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    You know you can use the other pokemon even if it's in another battle right? So long as you're not trying to evolve it,or it's in a Gym battle, you can use it anywhere you want.

And yes, you and BTPoke can/should converse in PM to discuss how you want to attack, or you can just post attacks right away.
    I know, I just don't want to get experience and not be able to use it xD It seems a waste to me.

EDIT:
    Larvitar: Earthquake ~ Protect ~ Brick Break (@Tyranniquake)
    Sandy: Protect ~ Surf ~ Strength

Subs: If both members of the opposing teams Protect at the same time, then sub in Dragon Dance for both of them, and if this happens on the second turn Hone Claws for Sandy instead of DD. The Strength is used to throw Larvitar at Tyranniquake to increase the power of Brick Break and add the damage of actually having him barge into him in a way similar to Tackle. If Ty Protects this attack, then change targets to Fenlong and change the Brick Break to Crunch.
    Last edited by Cynder; 20th May 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Elite Trainer

yeah, just to let everyone know, I do approve of these move choices, as we did discuss it.

Advanced Trainer

TQ- attract (larvaitar) - dragon dance - double team
    Fen- dragon dance - attract (sandy) - toxic (sandy)

I agree with these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash0011 View Post
    I'm using

Larvaitar
    Female
    Tyranniquake (TQ)
    guts

and with the second I got an egg, if not smeargle can sketch a transform *trollface*

You know that you're not guaranteed to get a dragon type from that egg, right? And with there being more fire types than dragons, it's very possible that you won't.

I think you should hold off on signing up for this at least until tomorrow, when you know for sure what you're getting.

[Edit] Why not add in the Totodile line, Mika? He's meant to be the faux dragon of the second gen starters. I only say this because you added in Charizard and Sceptile.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 22nd May 2012 at 09:22 AM.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

If he doesn't get a dragon then I'll lend him one of mine. I have a Zweilous (which I can never spell) and a Dragonair if necessary.

Master Trainer

As the battle readies atop this legendary hillside, four small dragons; only two of which can claim ancestry to the giants that roam here; prepare to fight. Surrounded by trees with the meteoric peak above them, they do battle for the coveted title of Lohikäärme Kuninkaan, which may or may not be a real title, or even the correct translation but that's not important right now. What is important is that these four pokemon are battling in teams of two. Cynder and BTPoke are on one side with their team, Larvitar and Sandpaper; whilst on the other Mikachu Yukitatsu and Ash100 with their pokemon Fenlong and Tyranniquake. It's fairly cool, but the sun is constantly shining. With no moves called into question, each pokemon is free to use whatever means necessary to win.

ROUND ONE

Fenlong begins, stamping his feet and shaking his head in time to a long forgotten draconic melody, raising his ability to battle at the same time. The two Larvitars, locked for speed and strength stare each other out. Tyranniquake makes the first move (the hussy!) and starts wiggling her bottom towards Larvitar (who shall henceforth be known as Larvy) but the male pokemon starts his attack as soon as he spotted his opponent move. His feet stamp down har, sending miniature shock-waves through the ground. Each shock-wave hits another, and then another until they shake the earth asunder and send both Fenlong and Tyranniquake to the floor. Sandpaper on the other hand, rides the shock-wave out, shielded from damage by a handy protect bubble.

Fenlong HP(-11) PP(-8) ~ Atk(+1) Spd(+1)
    Tyraniquake HP(-12) PP(-5)

Larvitar HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Sandpaper HP(-0) PP(-8)

Now it's time for Fenlong to be the smooth talking, sexy beast. His dancing was just the beginning! He growls at Sandy, baring his teeth and showing off his well developed.. horns. Such a display of manliness is too much for Sandy, who is immediately smitten. Tyranniquake takes the opportunity to do a little dance of her own, much to the annoyance of Sandy who sees the female as a love rival. Growling, she shoves the little Larvitar away form her Bagon beau. Larvy in the meantime lets his protective shield drop when it becomes clear his team mate isn't going to attack the way they'd planned.

Fenlong HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Tyraniquake HP(-2) PP(-8) ~ Atk(+1) Spd(+1)

Larvitar HP(-0) PP(-8)
    Sandpaper HP(-0) PP(-2) ~ In love!!

Angered about being shoved, Tyranniquake stamps down a single foot in retaliation and suddenly there are three Larvitar all looking annoyed. Sandy is about to give her what for when a sharp stinging sensation hits her back. She spins to see Fenlong wiping the gloop from his mouth. "Did. You. Just. Spit. That. On. Me!? You are not the man I fell in love with!" is what she would say is she could speak, but she can't. Instead she snaps at Fenlong and jumps back to her team mate, going back to their original plan, she hoists Larvy up and throws him headfirst at one of the moaning females. With an arm stretched out, Larvy is disappointed to crash through a clone and end up upside down at the bottom of a tree.

Fenlong HP(-0) PP(-5)
    Tyraniquake HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ 1 Clone

Larvitar HP(-0) PP(-3)
    Sandpaper HP(-0) PP(-3) ~ Intoxication

A shadow falls over the battler momentarily as a Salamance flies over, checking out what all the fuss is about.

Intoxication
    -1% HP per action | -1% NG per action
    +1 increase per round

Advanced Trainer

ummm that's ash0011 not ash100

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Crap, forgot that I didn't give him a nickname! xD I'll name him... Rawrza. Not quite sure where that came from! xD

Tyranniquake uses Earthquake, while Fenlong dodges by attacking Sandpaper with Aerial Ace.
    Then, Tyranniquake Outrages twice on Sandpaper and Fenlong uses Hydro Pump on Rawrza and lastly Brick Break on Rawrza.

Elite Trainer

Rawrza, get on Sandy's back and hold on. Sandy, use aerial ace to intercept Fenlong, knock him out of the sky, and dodge the earthquake. Then, Rawrza, once the earthquake is over with, jump off of Sandy's back (Sandy will still be up in the air, btw) and use earthquake.

Next, sandy, drop down next to Rawrza and use protect to surround you both. Rawrza, use Torment on Tyranniquake from within the protect.

Finally, Rawrza, get on Sandy's back again. Sandy, block Fenlong's attack from hitting Rawrza and use Attract on Fenlong. Rawrza, wait until Fenlong's attack is done with, jump off of Sandy's back, and use Payback on Fenlong.

Advanced Trainer

pretty sure protect works both ways, just sayin

Elite Trainer

I assume the protect will allow a move to pass from inside to outside if it's a friendly move.

Plus, it says in the movelist that it prevents all incoming attacks in one action.
    Doesn't say anything about outgoing from, say, a teammate.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 27th May 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    But he didn't say that at all. He ordered Sake to use Hi-Jump Kick, which was performed. Sake doesn't get to be under the effects of Protect because he had already used an attack that action -- if he was somehow able to perform an attack and be protected from every other attack, it wouldn't be fair at all.
    this

Elite Trainer

ash, that is a completely different thing. That was the result of you misinterpretating one of my actions for mine and chobi's match. for that battle, I was using my sake and rosalinda. I had rosalinda use protect on herself while sake used high jump kick. I did not intend for Rosalinda to affect sake with the protect, but you interpreted it that way, so grey thought it fair to set the story straight.

As for using torment within protect, it all depends on ref interpretation. I intend for torment to be used while the other pokemon uses protect to protect them both, and it will depend on Razor's interpretation if it does get used.

Also, i'm still hanging onto the fact that, in the movelist, it says that protect only protects against *Incoming* attacks. It does not say anything about outgoing. It doesn't have to be a two-way street. I assume that the pokemon using protect will have control over what moves go in and out of the protect.

Master Trainer

Ash you do not need to comment on every set of moves your opponent chooses. You seem to do it in every battle, whether you\re trying to influence the ref or you just don't understand things. Please stop. When you are reffing a battle, you can interpret moves however you wish, but when you're not, please leave it up to that ref to decide how the moves work.

Master Trainer

Fenlong plants his feet, then leaps into the air, soaring towards Sandpaper. Rawrza struggles to climb onto Sandy's back, but finally she's up. The time spent climbing was time wasted, as Tyranniquake starts stomping on the ground causing the earth to rise and fall. It trips Sandy slightly as she jumps to avoid it, but Fenlong has already crossed enough distance to strike her. Sandy crumples to the ground and Rawrza rolls off, both subjected to the ups and downs of the Earthquake. Fenlong bounces off Sandy and lands just on the edge of the vibrations, but finds her feet irritated by Sandy's rough skin. Rawrza tries stomping herself, the ground wobbles down and up, and the two earthquakes seem to balance themselves out. Tyranniquake watches in disappointment as her clone is wiped out by her own attack.

Fenlong HP(-0) PP(-2) ~ RS:HP(-1)
    Tyraniquake HP(-5) PP(-5)

Rawrza HP(-12) PP(-5)
    Sandpaper HP(-3) PP(-2)

A little rattled, Sandy stands up and spots Fenlong about to attack. She summons a shield, that Rawrza leaps into, to hide from any attacks. Fenlong shoots out a massive jet of high pressure water, that hits the shield and covers it entirely in water. At the same time, Tyranniquake rages, sending tiny spikes up out of the ground as her anger distorts the mountain. Inside the water covered shield, Tyranniquake's shouting and tormenting is barely visible and not audible in the slightest. Sandy drops the shield when the attacks are over, and frowns at the water sodden ground.

Fenlong HP(-0) PP(-7)
    Tyraniquake HP(-0) PP(-7)

Rawrza HP(-0) PP(-8)
    Sandpaper HP(-0) PP(-8)

Finally, Fenlong charges at Rawrza. Since they're closer, the distance he has to cover is done so much quicker than before. Sandy is helping Rawrza onto her back again, when Fenlong easily dodges around and hits the Larvitar with a solid chop to the back. Rawrza growls and leaps off Sandy at Fenlong, tackling him to the ground with a roll, before slapping him in the face. Sandy tries to romance Fenlong, but Rawrza is too busy wrestling with him for her to get a look in. She turns away disheartened, only to be struck by a rocking and rolling Tyranniquake, who's outrageous attempts to fight have got her in a tizz. She brushes by the pokemon, leaving a rough patch on her stony body.

Fenlong HP(-10) PP(-4)
    Tyraniquake HP(-0) PP(-7) ~ RS:HP(-1) ~ Cnf

Rawrza HP(-10) PP(-2)
    Sandpaper HP(-14) PP(-5) ~ HP(-3)

Intoxication
    +2 increase per round

Elite Trainer

alright. let's turn this around. Rawrza, use attract on Tyranniquake. If they protect against it in any way, use rock polish. if you're taunted, use stone edge on fenlong.
    Sandy, you'll be using glare on Fenlong. If they protect against it in any way (including safeguard), use hone claws. if you're taunted, use brick break on tyranniquake.

next up, Rawrza, use stone edge on Fenlong. Sandy, use Scary Face on Tyranniquake. If they protect in any way against either of your attacks, use dragon dance (hone claws for sandy. What kind of dragon doesn't learn dragon dance?)

Finally, Rawrza, use crunch on Fenlong. Sandy, use glare on Tyranniquake.

this round is gonna be hell, I can tell that much.

Advanced Trainer

tq should close her eyes use focus energy to get rid of confusion then make a small substitute to take the status attacks and finishing by using superpower on larv fen should start with a small sub then double edge sandy and finish with a hydro pump to sandy's mouth

Advanced Trainer

*bump*