Thread: Breeding shiny pokemon: does it increase the odds of a baby being shiny?

Banned

Default Breeding shiny pokemon: does it increase the odds of a baby being shiny?

Just caught my very first shiny Pokemon, a male Meditite, and unfortunatly I am not a big Meditite fan. If I left him at daycare with the right female, are the odds of a shiny baby increased?

Just what are the odds? I mean, do I even have a snowballs chance?

P.S.

Anyone living in the Tucson area who wants to trade their shiny for mine, PM me. Sharkers need not apply.

Default Breeding shiny pokemon: does it increase the odds of a baby being shiny?

yes it does. i have a shiney Hariyama and i put it in the daycare with my Meditite(i wanted one shiney)and after about 10 eggs i got a shiney. i'm trying to get a shiney Cacnea,but i still have yet to get one.

Yes, if one of the parents is shiny, there is a one in 64 chance of the baby being shiny. Not bad.

Banned

which r the normal odds of getting a shiny egg?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Dang I breed a shiny Spinda with a Pikachu and got about twenty eggs and no shiny. Dang it. Well gues that what I get for catching three non sharked shinies, also is this predetermined. Will a female mean the same as a male, for the chance thingy to be lowered.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Banned

I have 3 boxes full of Torchics and none of them are shiny and i am useing a shiny parent,whats with this

Banned

Well I just spent the whole day trying to breed my Shiny Meditite with a female Cacnea. I got a couple boxes of eggs, and hatched them all out, and not a single one was shiny. Ugh. I have no life.

I wish there was like an active Pokemon community here in Tucson. I'm sure someone out there likes Meditite and would trade something cool for my shiny one. I'm still thrilled i caught it...but...I just don't like it

Ah well.

I Loves My Shiny Butterfree X3 Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Breeding shiny pokemon: does it increase the odds of a baby being shiny?

Its all random all i wanted was a shiny pichu i hatched 270 eggs and nothing but i more happy that i randomly ran into a shiny level 10 caterpi which is now my beautiful level 100 shiny butterfree haha i acually gave up on shinies then i ran into her i was lucky but i still don't have the pichu but i prefer Butterfree anyways X3

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: Breeding shiny pokemon: does it increase the odds of a baby being shiny?

No necroing.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!