Name: Seth
Type: Bug

I cleared out Slowpoke Well with little trouble, then beat Exeter again and got the Cut HM from the Charcoal Man's assistant. Needing the Hive Badge to be able to use it, I went to meet Bugsy. Togepi's Egg hatched just as I was about to walk through the Gym's front door, making me think I was about to meet an NPC or something.

Once again, I found myself losing to the Gym Leader the first time and winning the second, and once again I was relying on Fury Attack the first time, and relying on Twineedle against a Flying-type the second. The lesson to be learned here is that Fury Attack is a horrible move.

With the Badge in hand, I taught Temp. HMer Cut, then trekked through Ilex to find the Headbutt Tutor. I gave Temp. HMer Headbutt as well, and then went back to Azalea Town, found the Headbutt Tree and caught a Heracross.

Heracross was level 3, so I spent a fair amount of time raising it in Ilex. During that time, I found and caught a Paras, and taught it Cut, Rock Smash and Flash (looking back, I never actually needed the Sentret, although it did save me the trouble of having to find Paras before I could use Cut. Like I said, I didn't fully think the HMers through before starting the monotype.)

When Heracross reached L10, I decided to move on to Route 34, after depositing some dead weight in Bill's PC. I was expecting to do some crash raising with Beedrill, but Heracross proved better able to take on Route 34's trainers than I expected. It did most of the work. I arrived in Goldenrod City, got the Radio Card and the Bike, and renamed Totodile with a name reflecting its role as bearer of Water-type HMs.

After that, I headed north toward the National Park. I'll be hanging around there for a while...I've got my eye on not one, but two pokémon that I'll only be able to find during the Bug-Catching Contests!

Team:
L14
Horn Attack, Leer, Aerial Ace, Tackle

L23
Twineedle, Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Harden

Hydronaut L11
Headbutt, Leer, Water Gun, Rage

Spelunker L6
Cut, Stun Spore, Rock Smash, Flash