Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default MxG vs Oslo! (Ref: Greyfox)

10vs10 Double Battle
    Banned Moves: Toxic, Attract, Pain Split, Curse, Perish Song, Destiny Bond
    DQ: 7 Days
    Oslo release, I attack
    Arena: Poke Floats
    Last edited by Metallixs Girl; 29th June 2011 at 07:25 PM.

AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: MetallixGirl84@hotmail.com Yahoo: metallixgirl84

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: MxG vs Oslo! (Ref Needed)

Huzzah! What if we had the battle at my Poke Floats arena? Also, can we ban Toxic, Attract, Pain Split and Curse?

Would you like to release first or would you rather cede those honours to me?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All right! PokeFloats, it is. And those are good moves, to ban, let's add Parish Song and Destiny Bond too.

And you can release first if you'd like, and I'll attack, and want to try a 18v18 Triple Battle? Or would that be too much on you or ref? I'm up for as much or little as you'd like.

Master Trainer

I honestly feel like the odds of us scoring a ref if we do an 18 on 18 triple battle are next to none. What if we did a 10 on 10 double battle? Would that work?

And I'm cool releasing first.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah you're probably right, lol. Okay, 10vs10 Double it is.

Master Trainer

Awesome! Then I call out Sparkle Motion, my male Manectric with Lightningrod, and Wottwott, my female Oshawott with Torrent.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All right, let's begin this with some Purple Power!

Violet (F) Special Roserade with Poision Point
    and
    Lilac (F) Shiny Igglybuff with Cute Charm (who desperately needs EXP)

Vi, you start out with Energy Ball at WottWott, and Captivate Sparkle and end with Razor Leaf. If that's a targeted move, Target WottWott.

Li, you make use of Defense Curl+Rollout and try to aim at Sparkle.

Master Trainer

Okay, Sparkle Motion... lead with a Thunder Wave on Violet. Then Roar to interrupt Captivate and finish by using Thunder Wave on Lilac.

Wottwott, strike Lilac with Revenge. Then, use Blizzard followed by Taunt, both on Violet.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Is 10 too much for any refs? Should we shorten the number of Pokemon?

Master Trainer

Hrm... well, DL is on a brief vacation so that only leaves a very small handful of refs who might take this. Why don't we give it a week before we decide to cut back on the number of Pokemon?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, that's cool. ^^

Master Trainer

*bumps off second page*

*also sets out a plate of bacon to tempt any potential refs:

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

:;Allergic to pork-def not taking this now::

I do urge any ref to take this on-as refs get more points for Double battles now

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Default Re: MxG vs Oslo! (Ref Still Needed)

Okay, impatience is getting the best of me.

Any ref who takes this battle will receive an immediate fifteen points from me at the Tree and then another fifteen points when this battle ends. That's thirty points total on top of your regular earnings. Does this perhaps sweeten the pot enough?

I hate, hate, haaaate double battles, Oslo, and I'm already pretty swamped when it comes to reffings as it is. But if no one takes this in a couple days, I'll take care of it for 'ya. Don't worry about the points.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Haha, if you hate, hate, haaaate double battles, MxG and I might be willing to make it a single battle? Your thoughts, MxG?

How 'bout this, Os-to-the-lo, I'll agree to take this match on no questions asked... and you steal my Safari Zone quest from Darkly. That guy's got too much on his plate as it is, and I'm already envious of how much better quality your quests are compared to mine. Hmmmm?
    -Grey

Master Trainer

That sounds doable! So long as DL signs off on it first I'm game. Thanks!

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    METALLIXS GIRL v. OSLO
    ooooooooOO OOoooooooo

ARENA
    Poké Floats

BANNED MOVES
    Attract, Curse, Destiny Bond, Dig, Earthquake, Ingrain, Pain Split, Perish Song, Toxic

Round 1
    We enter the terrifying Poké Floats -- an arena set about a mile into the earth's atmosphere, atop an inflated eevee. This is where we'll be for the next three rounds until another float pushes us out of the way. Returning trainer Oslo flashes two poké balls, summoning a large pokémon (Sparkle Motion, the manectric) and a small one (WottWott, the oshawott). Metallixs Girl does the same, releasing a large and a small (Violet and Lilac, respectively). The battle then commences when the referee gives the go-ahead.

The speediest pokémon, Sparkle Motion, begins the battle by striking the grass pokémon with a weakened batch of electricity that paralyzes her roots [ +13% Par Violet / -5PP Sparkle Motion ]. Vi, despite the paralysis, goes on with her regular attack -- an energy ball aimed at Wott [ -12HP WottWott / -4PP Violet ]. Wott takes the hit in stride and waits for Lil to come her way. The shiny igglybuff curls up in a tiny ball before trudging along the eevee balloon before colliding with Wott harshly [ -6HP WottWott / +10% Def, -5PP Lilac ]. Lil attempts to escape, but is quickly backhanded by Wott's otter tail [ -11HP Lilac / -4PP WottWott ].

Violet's movements aren't as fluid, but she attempts to flirt with Sparkle Motion to make his attacks hit softer, but his intimidating roar throws her off her game [ -2PP Violet / -2PP Sparkle Motion ]. Wott changes opponents before summoning a maelstrom of ice to collide with the frightened grass doll, dealing incredible damage [ -18HP Violet / -10PP WottWott ].

Lilac comes bends her trajectory and aims for WottWott again. But as shes driving forward, she gets struck by Sparkle's thunder wave [ +25% Par Lilac / -5PP Sparkle Motion ] as Violet prepares for a razor leaf. However, her body locks up [ RNG - 10 ], rendering her unable to act. Lilac, meanwhile, continues to charge before crashing into Wott [ -8HP WottWott / -4PP Lilac ]. Wott, meanwhile, continues to anger Violet by goading her back and forth [ +100% Tau Violet / -2PP WottWott ].

FLOAT

NRM 150%
    III

-Grey

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks for taking it Grey. Sorry I wasn't here or I would have gladly changed it to some kind of single battle.

Master Trainer

Default Re: MxG vs Oslo! (Ref: Greyfox)

Sparkle Motion, start with a Charge. Follow with Thunder on Lilac and finish with a Round on the nearest target.

Wottwott, hit Lilac with Revenge and then use Blizzard on Violet. Finish with a Round on the nearest target.

Sub: If Igglybuff uses Sing on either of you, I want you to drown out the move with Uproar, Sparkle Motion.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Violet, Start with Venoshock at Wottwott for making you girls unable to be healed. Then do it to Sparkle, and end with Razor Leaf at both.

Lilac, if you are done rolling or can stop, use Dig and aim for Sparkle. Then Role Play Sparkle's Lightningrod. If you aren't done, keep going and at the end dig if there is room but if not, Role Play the 'rod.

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    METALLIXS GIRL v. OSLO
    ooooooooOO OOoooooooo

ARENA
    Poké Floats

BANNED MOVES
    Attract, Curse, Destiny Bond, Dig, Earthquake, Ingrain, Pain Split, Perish Song, Toxic

Round 2
    Sparkle Motion begins the second act by charging up his electric powers [ +10% SpA, +50% Ele, -3PP Sparkle Motion ] while Wott slaps Lilac with her tail once more, dealing weakened damage this time [ -8HP Lilac / -4PP WottWott ]. Vi, meanwhile, targets Wott with a shot of venom [ -6HP WottWott / -2PP Violet ]. Lilac, meanwhile, focuses too much on digging into the eevee float. After a few moments of, what appeared to be, useless digging, she finally manages to get somewhe--

POP!

Suddenly, the eevee float explodes with severity, and all four pokémon are left to fend for themselves in the sky before being snagged out of the air by a pair of flying pokémon -- Bow, a pink aerodactyl, and Falconzord, a pidgeot.

The four pokémon are carried to the next float -- an absol.

Can anyone hear anything?

FLOAT

DRK 150%
    III

Last edited by Greyfox; 4th July 2011 at 05:29 PM.
    -Grey

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

HAHAAH! @ WOTTWOTT

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oops, sorry about that...hehheh...

Violet: If that Taunt wares off, Aromatherapy as soon as you are able, unless Lilac has healed you already. Otherwise, bring Sparkle Motion down some with Grass Knot and Sludge Bomb. End with Razor Leaf on them both.

Lilac: I just saw you have Heal Bell. Great, use that, Role Play Lightningrod, and end with Safeguard. If you are Taunted, Punishment x3 at Sparkle Motion.

Master Trainer

Sparkle Motion, put your Charge to good use by Thundering Lilac. Then hit her with a Hyper Beam.

Wottwott, begin by targeting Vi with Swagger. Then strike her hard with two Blizzards.

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    METALLIXS GIRL v. OSLO
    ooooooooOO OOoooooooo

ARENA
    Poké Floats

BANNED MOVES

Round 3
    Finally able to hear what's going on, Sparkle Motion opts to use his super-powered electricity on Lilac. The explosive current rains from the sky, giving Lilac quite a scare [ -19HP Lilac / -8PP, -50% Ele Sparkle Motion ]. The most adorable samurai, meanwhile, decides to taunt Vi. Her swagger's always capital, it lives in North Virginia [ +20% Atk, +100% Rge Violet / -2PP WottWott ]. Vi, who, apparently, detests rap music, is not happy whatsoever and focuses her aggression on the tiny oshawott. She pulls out a viney lasso and trips Wott^2 with it, forcing her to trip [ -8HP WottWott / -4PP Violet ]. Lilac, still recovering from that massive blast she took, summons a soothing bell to chime out -- purging the paralysis from her and her ally [ -13% Par Violet / -25% Par, -8PP Lilac ].

Vi's rage, however, doesn't subside as she plants the otter with a venomous glob of toxicity [ -9HP, +3% Psn WottWott / -4PP Violet ]. WottWott retalliates with a powerful blizzard that freezes Vi, dealing incredible damage [ -18HP Violet / -10PP, -1HP WottWott ]. Lilac, meanwhile, has studied Sparkle Motion intently, learning his ability [ -5PP, @Lightningrod Lilac ]. However, her studying has left her wide open for Sparkle Motion's devastating hyper beam [ -16HP Lilac / -15PP Sparkle Motion ].

Sparkle Motion sits the next action out to recharge [ +10PP Sparkle Motion ] as Wott hits hard with another blizzard [ -18HP Violet / -10PP, -1HP WottWott ]. Vi responds with a razor leaf that cuts through both pokémon on team Oslo [ -8HP WottWott / -8HP *CRIT* Sparkle Motion / -2PP Violet ]. Lilac, feeling incredibly pained, finishes out the third round by summoning a safeguard to protect her team [ -5PP Lilac / Safeguard activated ] as Vi's rage finally subsides [ -20% Atk, -100% Rge Violet ].

FLOAT

DRK 150%
    III

-Grey

Master Trainer

Sparkle Motion, Round x3 at Vi.

Wottwott, Round x3 at Lilac.

If either of you end up asleep, use repeated Sleep Talks on whichever opponent happens to be closer.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All right, Violet, use Double Team, Sunny Day and Solar Beam at Wott.

Lilac: Double Team, Light Screen and Fire Blast at Sparkle.

Also, according to Oslo's arena description link, the balloons can't be distorted or popped in any way, and Dig would just have failed. I don't mind what happened, it was kind of more interesting. Just letting y'all know in case you wanna enforce that later or something.

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    METALLIXS GIRL v. OSLO
    ooooooooOO OOoooooooo

ARENA
    Poké Floats

BANNED MOVES

Round 4
    Sparkle and Wott begin the fourth round by crying out loud -- the song sends out shockwaves that disturb Vi and her ally quite easily [ -7HP Violet / -9HP Lilac / -3PP Sparkle Motion / -4PP, -1HP WottWott ]. Team MxG respond by summoning a series of clones to keep them protected in the future [ +75% Eva, -6PP Violet / +75% Eva, -6PP Lilac ].

Sparkle and Wott rally once more! Violet, despite her clones, isn't lucky enough to evade the soundwaves as they crash into her body fluidly [ -13HP, -75% Eva Violet / -5PP Sparkle Motion ]. Lilac, meanwhile, only loses a clone to the blast [ -9% Eva Lilac / -6PP, -1HP WottWott ]. Vi, meanwhile, summons a strong sunlight to engulf the arena [ -7PP Violet / Sunny Day activated ] as Lilac engulfs the two of them in a protective veil [ -5PP Lilac / Light Screen activated ].

The two from Team Oslo sing once more, and the soundwaves disturb Violet s'more [ -8HP Violet / -7PP Sparkle Motion ] as Lilac continues to evade them [ -16% Eva Lilac / -8PP, -1HP WottWott ]. Vi angrily retalliates by striking Wott with a powerful solar beam [ -18HP WottWott / -7PP Violet ] as Lil lets fire rain from the sky, striking Sparkle Motion [ -18HP Sparkle Motion / -10PP Lilac ].

SUNNY DAY
    II 3 II
    150% Fir / 75% Wat

ABSOL FLOAT
    III 3 III
    150% Dar
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Violet, Wott can only Taunt one of you at a time, so I'll have you use Grasswhistle, Razor Leaf at both and Venoshock at Wott.

Lilac, use Sing and Punishment on Sparkle.

Master Trainer

Sparkle Motion, use Protect. Then, Fire Fang Violet until she's down. If she falls and you have any actions remaining, direct those Fire Fangs at Lilac.

Wottwott, use Protect. Then, Aerial Ace Violet until she's down. If she falls and you have any actions remaining, hit Lilac first with an Aerial Ace and then with Revenge.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I thought I had put Punishment x2 on Sparkle. That's what I meant, but if it's too late...

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    METALLIXS GIRL v. OSLO
    ooooooooOO OOoooooooo

ARENA
    Poké Floats

BANNED MOVES

Round 5
    Lil and Vi attempt to lull their foes into slumber with soothing melodies [ -2PP Violet / -2PP Lilac ], but the pokémon from Team Oslo seem to've gone deaf [ -5PP Sparkle Motion / -5PP, -1HP WottWott ].

Sparkle Motion lunges at Vi furiously, with his fangs seeping of fire. He snaps down, causing great damage [ -9HP Violet / -4PP Sparkle Motion ]. Vi responds with a razor leaf that slashes both pokémon [ -5HP Sparkle Motion / -12HP *CRIT* WottWott / -2PP Violet ]. Violet stands there, smug, without realizing that the samurai WottWott has come down for an aerial tackle -- ending Vi's tenture in the battle [ -9HP Violet / -4PP, -1HP WottWott ]. Lilac, quite angry, furiously retalliates with dark energy, striking Wott several times [ -5HP WottWott / -5PP Lilac ], fainting him.

Sparkle Motion comes at the balloonmon with a firery fang [ -5HP, -50% Eva Lilac / -4PP Sparkle Motion ], destroying her clone in the process. Lilac is left with nothing but energy [ +10PP Lilac ].

Metallix and Oslo recall their downed pokémon as Sparkle and Lil leap over to the next float -- one shaped like a noctowl. Metallix will summon her next pokémon first.

SUNNY DAY
    II 2 II
    150% Fir / 75% Wat

NOCTOWL FLOAT
    III 3 III
    150% Nrm // 150% Fly
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, come on out, Jasper, (M) Sandslash with Sand Veil.

Master Trainer

I release Veggies, my male Ivysaur with Overgrow.

Sparkle Motion, go with Crunch on Lilac, Ice Fang on Jasper and then Crunch on Lilac again.

Veggies, lead with Safeguard. Then Rock Smash Lilac and Giga Drain Jasper.

Subs: If either uses Double Team, I want you to Swift them, Sparkle Motion.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Lilac, use Reflect, then use Fire Blast twice at Veggies.

Jasper, use Safeguard and Bulldoze at both, and Earth Power at Sparkle Motion.

DOUBLE BATTLE!
    METALLIXS GIRL v. OSLO
    xoooooooOO OOooooooox

ARENA
    Poké Floats

BANNED MOVES

Round 6
    With the first two pokémon down, Oslo and Metallix summon their seconds, turning the gender majority on its side with three males and one female. Jasper and Veggies emerge on the noctowl balloon, and the parade begins once more.

Sparkle Motion acts quickly, lunging at his tinier opponent with his fangs ready for... fanging, I guess. The wild hound charges forward and sinks his teeth down hard [ -7HP Lilac / -5PP Sparkle Motion ], just before Lilac gets her barrier up [ -5PP Lilac / Reflect activated ]. Jasper and Veggies, meanwhile, spend their time summoning protective veils to surround both teams [ -5PP Veggies / -5PP Jasper / Safeguard activated ].

Sparkle Motion drives toward Jasper with his icy fangs and slams them down too, only managing to snag said fangs into Jasper's reflective barrier [ -5HP Jasper / -4PP Sparkle Motion ]. Jasper latches his claw around Sparkle's neck and drives the hound toward Veggies, slamming them both into the balloon floor [ -9HP, -10% Spd Sparkle Motion / -9HP, -10% Spd Veggies / -3PP Jasper ]. Veggies pulls himself together before headbutting Lilac with fighting energy [ -4HP Veggies / -3PP Veggies ], leaving him wide open for Lilac's fire blast [ -18HP Veggies / -10PP Lilac ].

Jasper, now faster than his foes, strikes at Sparkle Motion with a solid beam of earth energy that nearly knocks Jasper off of the float [ -14HP Sparkle Motion / -4PP Jasper ]. Sparkle retalliates by hitting Jasper's ally with another crunch [ -3HP Lilac / -5PP Sparkle Motion ]. Veggies, charred and unhappy, targets Jasper and whips the sandslash with his vines before absorbing health [ -5HP Jasper / -3PP, +3HP Veggies ]. He is once more roasted by Lil's fire blast [ -18HP Veggies / -10PP Lilac ].

SUNNY DAY
    II 1 II
    150% Fir / 75% Wat

NOCTOWL FLOAT
    III 2 III
    150% Nrm // 150% Fly
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Jasper, Rock Slide, Earth Power, and Poision Jab at Sparkle Motion again.

Lilac, Keep Fire Blasting Veggies. If the weather is changed, switch to Psychic-ing Veggies.

Master Trainer

Okay, guys, I want both of you to use Round on Lilac until she falls.

Sparkle Motion, if you have any actions remaining, use Toxic on Jasper followed by as many Uproars as you can.

Veggies, if you have any actions remaining, use Leech Seed on Jasper followed by as many Giga Drains as you can.