Thread: THIS IS APERTURE! (Cynder vs. ???, Ref: Ash0011)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default THIS IS APERTURE! (Cynder vs. ???, Ref: Ash0011)

((Note, this battle is technically a single, but could be classed as a double as the trainers are involved and have their own set of actions, as well as 50 HP in the chambers with the turrets so that the trainers don't just sponge all of the bullets, and if a trainer falls from a large enough height then they may take damage, this is the ref's decision and they can choose how much damage is taken.))

5 on 5
    Opponent sends out a pokemon, I send out and attack, opponent attacks. 5 1 on 1 battles, so if one Pokemon is knocked out then the winning Pokemon is recalled regardless of how much HP remains. If a person reaches the end of a test chamber, then that battle is considered a win also regardless of the amount of HP left. In the occasion that a trainer faints, then the test chamber is considered finished and the next one begins, as is the case if a pokemon faints. Trainers simply have 50 HP, and their energy is not counted.

Arena: Over the years, Aperture science has fallen into a state of decay. After the events of Portal 2, GLaDOS found herself bored. She had nobody to torment, nobody to do her tests, and no way to satisfy her itch to do science other than the two robots Atlas and P-Body - and their results were invalid because they weren't human. Or more accurately, they weren't technically alive. One day however, she had a brainwave - if Black Mesa had been able to bring creatures from another dimension, then why couldn't she? After a few modifications - she managed to bring two trainers and their pokemon through her portal.

That's where we come in. The challenger and I find ourself in an unfamiliar world of decaying test chambers armed with 5 pokemon and a portal gun. Basically, GLaDOS pits the Pokemon against one another whilst the trainers race to solve the puzzle - but things aren't quite that simple. There are turrets around every corner, the three different gels to use to get around, and who can forget the faithful companion cube? An who's to say that GLaDOS won't sabotage the test? That's what makes the battle all the more exciting.

The first test chamber; creatively named test chamber 1, contains very little. The layout of the room is very simple, just like the very first test chamber in the first game. At this point all they need to do is transport the cube onto the button. Sounds simple, but that's not always the case. The battlers will be racing to the end, and as such, will be trying to sabotage one another, be it through attacks or creatively placed portals.

Test chamber 2 is slightly different from the one seen in the first game, and is much more like the first test chamber in chapter 2 of Portal 2. There's a laser firing from the roof to the ground onto a portal suface, and a switch nearby. All the battlers need to do is activate the switch, and use momentum in order to reach the door and advance. However, that door is just a dummy - through that door is another half of the test chamber with a laser redirection cube, two lazers pointing from the cieling (one onto a portal surface, one not) and a ledge directly adjacent to the non-portallable laser. On the wall leading up to the top of the ledge is a portal suface, and on top of the ledge is a laser switch. Above it is a portal surface. The other laser switch is located on the roof above a portal surface, but it is on the opposite side of a 'bottomless' pit that when a battler falls down causes them to return to the enterance with 50% less HP. The pit is rather small in diameter at least - it's just enough to isolate the laser. The door to the next chamber is on another ledge, that requires momentum to reach.

The third test chamber features something exclusive to Portal 2 - gel. Running on the orange propulsion gel gives the battlers an increase in speed and literally propels them across the room, making it difficult to stop when started; the blue repulsion gel causes anyone who steps on it to be propelled high into the air, and the white gel is great for creaing portals on. There are pipes leading from the cielling in one corner where the gel comes from, one for each type, and under them is a portal surface. There's not any portal surfaces in the room bar the ones previously mentioned, but there is a portal panel on the ground that can be moved around easily. The exit is located on an indent in the wall opposite to the gels, but the indent is much too high to be reached by the gels, no matter how they may be placed. Momentum must be used to reach there - that, and gel. The room is laid out somewhat like this.

The fourth test chamber is another official one - but this one has TURRETS. The little buggers will shoot you to bits on sight, and they definitely aren't about to hesitate. Each bullet does around 5 HP damage - but bare in mind that more than one will be fired at once! Test chamber 13 is the actual set for this battle - and if you watch the video you'll see how to solve it. Beware of the tricky blighters!

Test chamber 5 - GLaDOS's chamber. In the style of the first game's final battle, this game also involves removing the cores from GLaDOS's body by using the rocket turrets. However, the Pokemon themselves can attack her too! She has 250 HP in total, and at her disposal she has neurotoxin, (badly poisons pokemon that inhale it) taunt, (from the insults that she constantly sends throughout the battle) and a rocket turret (Slow, but does a lot of damage - equivalent to either SelfDestruct or Explosion without the recoil!). It would be wise for the battlers to work together at this point - and if it ends in a tie, then the pokemon that does the most damage to GLaDOS is considered the winner.

Rules: Birdlike Pokemon are discouraged - as anyone who has played the game knows, GLaDOS HATES birds. She'll definitely try and sabotage the person with a Pokemon that can fly at their disposal, whether or not it's actually a bird, and this includes leviators too. Teleport and such do not work in this dimension, and attacks cannot damage equipment. The equipment here is designed for SCIENCE, thus can withstand pretty much anything, even if it appears damaged or broken. Finally, GLaDOS will not be happy if the puzzles are bypassed by a simple ability or attack - and Pokemon cannot substitute as cubes! No matter how heavy they may be, they simply will not activate the switches around the facility. Finally, GLaDOS will be taunting the battlers the entire way through - which in some Pokemon may cause the Taunt status depending on whether or not they are directly insulted and the severity of it. Weather moves cannot be used since this takes place inside Aperture, and rock type moves will use the debris littering the place rather than actual rocks.
    During each round there is a slight chance of stumbling upon a ccompanion cube - usually it is hidden, and if it is found it restores some energy to the pokemon that finds it.

((Please note, if this is too complicated, I could simplify it, but I really want to try this out as it is, even though it is more like a roleplay than a battle x3))

This battle is dead :c As much as I like the arena, I'm going to leave this now.
    Last edited by Cynder; 3rd March 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: THIS IS APERTURE! (Cynder vs. ???, Ref: ???)

wait is it 5 apeice because I only have 4

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, it's a five on five so that I can use all of the test chambers I've made Maybe I'll do another battle like this but shorter some time?

Advanced Trainer

wait just a sec isn't there a thread that someone gave away free points

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

There was, but the tree is closed now :c

Advanced Trainer

alright got a new pokemon it just needs to be approved

Advanced Trainer

want to start?

Advanced Trainer

actually scratch that this'll be my first reffing, (if you can find another challenger)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Alright, if you're sure you can handle it :3

Looking for a challenger, now!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: THIS IS APERTURE! (Cynder vs. ???, Ref: Ash0011)

I'm gonna have to scrap this battle guys. Ash001 already has four ongoing battles. Ash001 please be more careful in the future or I'm gonna have to fine you!

And I don't like playing the bad guy

Wait, I actually do, but I can't tell anyone that.. Oops!

I would make a bad lawyer

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: [CANCELLED] THIS IS APERTURE! (Cynder vs. ???, Ref: Ash0011)

wait does reffing count as a battle???

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [CANCELLED] THIS IS APERTURE! (Cynder vs. ???, Ref: Ash0011)

Oops didn't see that you changed. My bad.

I would make a really bad lawyer.

Also, don't forget to claim your points from the newsletter Ash