Thread: Help save my Gold version

Banned

Default Help save my Gold version

My Gold Version was found out to be dead in February and my mom was being an idiot. She yelled at me when I was dialing the number to call Nintendo and she still does it. I played my game for 3 hours before I stopped and then all the data and the male Pokemon I caught were erased. I want this fixed. I still play the original and Heartgold isn't exactly the same as Gold. You can't even put that in the Transfer Pak to play into Pokemon Stadium 2 and I've been seeing this site for quite some time now. Even if I wasn't banned from serebii, I'd still post here about the problem since these people seem to know more than the heck about it. What am I left to do?

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: Help save my Gold version

Hi there, welcome to TPM.

I'm guessing you haven't seen this topic?

Anyway, your problem sounds like your Gold game has a dying or dead battery, so you're better off posting there.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    Hi there, welcome to TPM.

I'm guessing you haven't seen this topic?

Anyway, your problem sounds like your Gold game has a dying or dead battery, so you're better off posting there.
    But it won't matter. My mom is stupid. She says everything on the internet is false. Why is my mom a damned idiot? Yes I have seen the topic. Through Google.

Banned

Bump: My mom decided to spray it and it still failed. And she won't even take me seriously.

for all seasons Moderator

Solution: Don't let your mom near your Pokeymanz.

/problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Banned

No. It's not solved. I want it to work again. Damn, it's almost midnight here? I must have fallen asleep too much.

HELP ME! PLEASE HELP! MY MOM WOKE UP AND SHE WON'T HELP ME FIX IT. PLEASE HELP ME. WHO DO I SEND IT IN TO? IT'S NEARLY 5 AM.

Is anyone here? Hello! My dumbass mom is too stupid to listen to instructions so please help me find some other way. She tried spraying it this afternoon. What an idiot!

5:02 AM and I'm still feeling the sprays she left behind.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 31st August 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Multiple posts in a row for no good reason

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Spamming a thread is not going to solve your problem any faster. It's likely your cartridge's battery is dead and that link Knight of Time posted is the way to fix it

If it's not a dead battery, it's probably time to throw it away and get a used copy
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Banned

I have been trying to use that link but my mom won't believe it's true. How do I talk some sense into her?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, there's not much you can do to sway her if she's dead set in her ways. There's multiple pages of people saying it works but if that doesn't make her see the light, then you're out of luck

I'm assuming you're a youngster if your mom is controlling what you can or can't do with a Pokemon game. If you're too young to solder on your own, ask someone other than her to help (older sibling, father, other relative)

If you're not too young to solder, then go buy the stuff on your own and do it yourself
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Banned

I'm 20 and I had these games since I was 10 and I haven't been able to play them through all the way yet; I have a series of games to play quickly before then at least and she's my only parent and she won't even try to help me resolve the DS hinges problem. Shouldn't there be a thread on that too?

I don't know where to get the soldering stuff and I'm on nintendo.com looking for more help because she went on a different site; I don't know what site she went on and said it was because of the dust and now it makes me look stupid.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

You're 20. Man up, read up on how to solder, get the necessary items and do it yourself

You're practically an adult and you don't need help from your mom to fix this (unless you have an unfortunate disability that requires you to rely on her for help)
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

Banned

Didn't I tell you I don't know where to buy them at? I have to have someone send it in. She yelled at me when I tried to call Nintendo. I have reported your post for insulting me and it's nothing to do with a disability. I simply don't have any or know where to get some or how much money it costs.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

The link tells you what you need and how to do it. It's a matter of going online and researching how to do it and how much the stuff costs
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Listen, The_Missing_Link has been trying to help you, if that's the way you want to treat her, you're going to end up in hot water. We can't always help a person solve their personal problems here, especially one that acts immature.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 31st August 2011 at 08:03 AM.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Banned

Well then, she claimed I had a disability and I am at an Anger Point right now because people I talk to at home can't listen and they continue yelling at me.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I didn't say you had one. The disability part was added as a caveat in case you did have one and had to rely on her for some reason

I'm leaving for work so I don't have time anymore to go back and forth with you on this. You're 20 and you're old enough to do stuff on your own so do it. This is my advice:

1) Stop telling people you're calling Nintendo for help. This is your problem and they don't need to be involved with it. It's a damn Pokemon game for crying out loud

2) If you think it's a dead battery and is repairable, go to that link, read it thoroughly then go online and research on how to solder and how much everything costs. Then repair the game on your own

3) If you think it's repairable but don't want to fix it on your own, then call Nintendo and do it privately. Refer to step 1

4) If you don't think it's repairable, then throw it away and get a used copy. I'm pretty sure there are a ton still out there
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

Banned

She asked me on the day I first called them, "Who am I calling?" and I had to tell her. She then yelled at me and she kept being rude to me in the car. What an ass!

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

OK, please stop fighting. You have issues with your mom? Sorry, but there's nothing the people on this forum can do about that. You'll have to sort it out with her.

And making multiple posts in a row will not help you either. If you want to discuss something, you'll need to calm down first.

If you have your own money, you can buy things online and have them delivered to you. Otherwise, I would recommend putting this on hold until you've saved up some. Remember it's just a game, your life does not depend on playing it.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Banned

I would but I spent it on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness and guidebooks for my birthday. I also got some Bleach videos I haven't watched yet. I'm going to watch those and I got money coming into me every month but this process is kind of slow. I like ordering stuff online and for other things, I just go to the store. Now I'll need a new set of earphones.

I'm sorry if I wasn't calm. It's that I get really tired of people saying, "I can't fix stuff." What am I to do?

Freakin' Awesome Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

If you can't fix it then go get a new one, either that or go learn how to fix it.

Spray like... that magic soccer spray?

Getting a new Gold version probably isn't going to solve the problem for long, since the original has long since been out of print. Any copy of the game he gets is going to be just as old and possibly dead. Thus, the only long-term solution is to actually replace the battery.

If for some reason you can't just purchase all the necessary tools over the Internet, they should be available at a nearby hardware store or hobby shop.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Classics is alive!

Banned

HELP ME MOTHERFUCKERS!

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

1. get a 3ds
    2. download the gold version from the marketplace for like $10
    3. you now own a virtual licence for the game. it's yours until nintendo says nintend-no
    4. cartwheel forever
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Banned

I want it on cartridge too.

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    Solution: Don't let your mom near your Pokeymanz.

/problem solved.
    You're right, 2011 DragoKnight! Good thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit