Thread: Gen V EXP Points Discovery

Banned

Default Gen V EXP Points Discovery

I'm a little confused about the way raising a Pokemon works in Gen V. Well I got everyone calculated for the next time I play Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness to have them at the base EXP Points for level 60 and when I finish Orre Colosseum, I'll do a test of Altaria and Zangoose as they are in the Erractic Experience Group that it takes more EXP Points for them to reach level 69 to 70 than it does for them to reach level 99 to 100 as I studied up on that and wrote the Poke list to post all over my blue wall but the thing that baffled me when I read about gen V, was that it said [QUOTE originally posted by Bulbapedia] In Generation V the amount of experience gained is dependent on both Pokémon's levels: the higher the defeated opponent's level is compared to the user, the more experience points the user will gain.

Several other things can affect the gain of experience. If more than one Pokémon is sent into battle, the gained experience calculated by the above calculation will be divided by how many were sent into battle. Note that in Generation V the Pokémon's own level is taken into account after dividing experience, meaning lower level Pokémon will get more experience than higher level Pokémon.[/QUOTE]

I watched this youtube video and a Tepig defeated a Snivy. Both were at level 5 and Tepig earned 69 EXP Points. When I go to the EXP Point calculator on Psypoke for 5th gen Pokemon, it'll say "Invalid Base EXP Stat. Link to the youtube video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAv3o55O6XI but of course if you have Pokemon Black and White you can experiment this in your game. I don't have it so I'm looking it up.

Could this be the reason it says something like this and if Mt. Battle were created again in the later Pokemon games as for a remake of Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, the calculations I posted on my wall for 435,632 EXP Points for Pokemon Colosseum and for 523,876 EXP Points for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness will no longer be in effect?

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Gen V EXP Points Discovery

A level-25 pokémon gets more EXP for defeating a level-30 opponent than a level-40 pokémon would get for defeating that exact same level-30 opponent. EXP in 5th-gen rewards risk more than previous versions did. In fact, 5th-gen uses a completely different formula to determine a pokémon's EXP value; even if all battlers are the same level, you'll still get a little more EXP in 5th-gen than in earlier games.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

To answer the second part of your question, Michael, I see no evidence to suggest that the number of experience points needed for a given Pokemon to level up has changed in Generation V. A Jigglypuff will be level 100 at 800K experience points regardless of the version. In other words, the number of experience points that you calculated (435,632 and 523,876) should still apply. The number of battles you need to get those experience points, however, may have changed.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

I found 2 videos if you don't believe I'm accurate. In this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae_vt...eature=related first I witnissed a level 8 Tepig defeating a level 4 Minezumi, don't know the name very well in English and then earned 25 EXP Points. In the following video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6DWC...eature=related I saw the level 9 Tepig defeat the same level 4 opponent and it only earned 22 EXP Points. As for the 523,876 EXP Points for the latest Mt. Battle in the Orre region as for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, there are 100 battles and at least over 200 Pokemon in each game. Some trainers only have 1 Pokemon while others have 3, some have 4 and the later area leaders having 5 and with the one using Explosion and Rain Dance and the last area leader or the Mt. Battlemaster having 6. But even if it is less for each level upon defeating an opponent, I think the EXP Points of the Pokemon would still add up in total. That is when I'm trying to keep a Pokemon with its base EXP Points for level 60 capped but that hasn't happened to any of them.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Unless I greatly misunderstood Pory, neither of us disputed what you said -- I don't think either of us claimed at any point that what you said was "inaccurate." Different Pokemon now earn different quantities of experience points for defeating the same Pokemon, as you described in your first post. However, the total number of experience points necessary to reach a given level has not changed.

What, specifically, are you asking? Maybe that would help us to make sense of your query here....
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.