Thread: [GAME] Stymied Sentences Version 2 (LV Approved)

I Finnished last Moderator

Default [GAME] Stymied Sentences Version 2 (LV Approved)

Time to get some activity boost with a new version of a game Knight of Time started in 2009.

Stymied Sentences

Version 2

Admin Approved by Lady Vulpix

This game is all about posting sentences. However, these sentences are referred to as being stymied, as the way this game is played is, you have to challenge the next poster to post a sentence with at least one "obstacle" (which could be a range of things, such as limiting the number of times a vowel or consonant can be present in the sentence, not allowing a certain vowel or consonant (or a mix of both, such as T's, E's, and O's), not allowing consecutive words to share any letters in common, having to use certain words anywhere in the sentence, the possibilities are endless). After the next person posts a stymied sentence with at least one of these "obstacles", they have to challenge the next person to post with a stymied sentence, again with at least one of the "obstacles".

For example:

Player 1: Who can make a sentence with all 26 letters of the alphabet?

Player 2: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    Who can make a sentence where no word has any letters repeated in it?

Player 3: This game is fun, who came up with this in the first place?
    Who can make a sentence containing at least one word containing at least three consecutive letters of the alphabet?

..and so on.

This game is exempt from the rule of having to wait for two people to post before you can post again. However, you can still only have up to 5 posts in this game per day.

New rule: Being that I want this game to be fairly fast-paced, if at least a week passes without someone answering the last challenge to be posted, someone else can post a new challenge, just so that the previous one doesn't cause too much frustration if it is deemed to be too hard.

(Also, the first version ended when I posted quite hard a challenge, so I think it's only fair that I correct my mistake and take it myself. So as I said:

Write a sentence with more than 3 latin expressions in it.

Urbi et orbi, Imperator maintains Pax Romana, but tempus volat hora fugit, and when Hannibal ante portas, Imperator must thank those who told memento mori, id est remember your mortality.)

And now we can begin the real thing. I hope this one is easier:

Who can make a sentence with 10 Pokemon types in it?

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: [GAME] Stymied Sentences Version 2 (LV Approved)

It bugs me when normal people like firefighters and electrical engineers have to eat off the ground and drink poison, whereas dark-hearted moguls in the oil and steel industries get fresh food and water while flying around in private jets.

Who can make a sentence of 10+ words where every word is from a different language?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

I just had to try.

Anno Pachacuti 15, voilŕ Quixotic Fēngshuǐ geisha, Nefernefernefer-ttanim, hailing trollish mafioso's karma in sauna, dasvidanya.

Explanations:

Anno = Latin for year

Pachacuti = Ruler of the Inca Empire 1438-1471/1472

15 = fifteen, Arabic number

voilŕ = see, here, French phrase

Quixotic = someone who resembles a Spanish novel character, Don Quixote, extravagantly romantic and impulsive

Fēngshuǐ
    風水
    Wind and Water = a Chinese philosophical orientation

geisha
    芸者
    skilled person = a traditional Japanese entertainer

Nefernefernefer = an ancient Egyptian name, taken from Mika Waltari's Sinuhe the Egyptian, nefer meaning beautiful

ttanim
    따님
    Korean honorific for daughter

hail = a German extremely honorific greeting, later adopted by Nazi Germany

ett troll = a Swedish fairy tale creature

mafioso = Italian for a member of a criminal organization

karma = a term in Hinduism and Buddhism, fate

in = English prepostion

sauna = a Finnish room or a small building for relaxing

dasvidanya
    до свидания = goodbye in Russian

Who can make a sentence with as many prepositions (in, to, during etc.) as possible?
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 28th September 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

As many as possible is hard to define, but for the sake of reviving a fun game, since I would like to see activity pick up around here I will try to fit as many as I can into one sentence and hope someone will show up soon and we can keep on playing.

That's 15 propositions, and 8 unique ones.

So... who can write a sentence with at least 5 words (preferrably more) using only 1 vowel? (W and Y don't count as vowels).

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Cash can hand a man a plan.

/\ that is, if he knows how to use it.

Alright, been a while since I came up with something here, but let's try this.

The next poster's challenge: Write a sentence of ten words, with no letter used more than three times.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 11th January 2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Looking it over, I better spice up the challenge a little.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Administrator

You have given us a hard job, Knight of Time.

(But it was fun.)

OK, so... can you write a sentence in which at least 3 words are used twice with different meanings?

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

The casted actor casted a die twice, but, even on the second try, didn't even get an even number so he wished he'd die in a second.

Next challenge: Write a sentence with as many commas as possible.

Administrator

Nice work, Mikachu, but there's really no way to write a sentence with as many commas as possible, because, no matter how many you use, it is always possible to write a longer sentence with even more commas and, while it is hard to write such a long sentence while still making sense, it is far from impossible, as you can see.

You can prove it now. The above sentence has 8 commas. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to write a sentence with 9 or more commas. The sentence has to make sense, so no adding commas in random places nor replacing other punctuation marks by commas.

More than a year, or more accurately, at least a bit more accurately, more than 19 months have passed, and somehow I noticed one thing, which is how I had abandoned this game, although I was the one who started its second version, and, additionally, although it was you, my Argentinian friend, Lady Vulpix, who directly challenged me, Mikachu Yukitatsu, to write this very sentence, where I hope I didn't use commas in incorrect places, especially because the ways to use commas do have differences in different languages, like, for example, Finnish and English.

The next challenge: write a sentence where the first word has 1 letter, the second word has 3 letters, the third word has 5 letters, the fourth word has 7 letters, and finally, the fifth word has 11 letters.