Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~=-+ Pokemon Spotlight +-=~ (Game, sort of)

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Lightbulb ~=-+ Pokemon Spotlight +-=~ (Game, sort of)

Newly arrived on TPM after its past success on a lost digital land back in 2005, comes Pokemon Spotlight!

Everyone with Adopted Pokemon is welcome to participate. The premise: you must send me a PM with the name and description of one of your Pokemon. Each week one of the candidates will be chosen at random and will be on the spotlight for 7 days. The remaining candidates will stay on the waiting list for future spotlights, and you can enter a new Pokemon after your previous Pokemon's spotlight is over.

During the course of each week, players - and their characters - may ask any questions addressed to the Pokemon on the spotlight. The questions must be answered in character (if you enter Pokemon in this game, you agree to check this thread during your Pokemon's spotlight week and answer the questions from your Pokemon's perspective).

You may start sending your PMs now. I may enter my own Pokemon at some point, but if and when I do, they will go to the waiting list like all others.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Administrator

Default Re: ~=-+ Pokemon Spotlight +-=~ (Game, sort of)

Ladies, gentlemen and genderless Pokemon, here is our first Pokemon Spotlight!

Name: Kurtzwick
    Species: Dratini
    Family: Lagi, Jasmine, Flame

An easily-frustrated translucent Dratini, he developed a severe case of kleptomania early on in life. This has gotten him into some trouble before, notably with another pair of thieves who seem to have it in for him. He has inexplicably managed to avoid law enforcement, even though he has an alarmingly large stash of stolen loot (which he calls 'swag').

Kurtzwick gets annoyed very easily; he prefers everything going to plan, or at least according to hastily-improvised idea. He prides himself on being very sneaky and sly, and gets aggravated when the contrary is proven. Because of his translucency, he does manage to sneak around quite well.

Kurtzwick gets along decently well with most of his teammates; Anzu likes to poke fun at him, but given that nobody can dislike Anzu, this doesn't bug him too much. He and Groviglio get at each others' throats, but again, Groviglio does the same for everybody. Raini has no patience for Kurtzwick at all, even less so than she does for anybody else, and as far as Kurtzwick is concerned, he's petrified of her.

The Dratini, the thief, the legend (not really): Kurtzwick.

Let the questions begin.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

This question comes from Maybelline: "Do you find it difficult to see yourself in the mirror in the morning?"

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Administrator

I wish we still had the TL smilies.

I shall ask a question too. How do you feel about your life right now?

And from Caledor: have you ever been asked a question you couldn't answer?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "Do you find it difficult to see yourself in the mirror in the morning?":
    "Nah, it's not as bad as you think. Like, okay, sure, it was bad right when I first got that translucent juice. I couldn't find myself with a map, and that got real confusing real fast. But now? Barely even notice it. Helps that I'm not actually invisible, too. Though I wanna try that out one day."

In response to "How do you feel about your life right now?":
    "My life right now is freaking weird. I get kidnapped to do some weird tests in some warehouse somewhere, and it turns out Popple's behind it, but not really? I don't even know. That's just a weird situation all over. Ignoring that, though, I dunno, not bad. Until all that stuff happened, it was actually pretty boring, but I guess I can't complain about that anymore."

In response to "Have you ever been asked a question you couldn't answer?":
    "Man, Caledor, you come up with some weird philosophical stuff, don't you? Man, how do I even answer that? ...Heh, looks like the question i couldn't answer was this one. ...ooh, damn, but I just answered it, didn't I? Huh."
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

The real Shonta Moderator

Hey, Kurtzwick! What's the biggest thing you've stolen? And have you had any problems hiding your loot from Jeff?
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "What's the biggest thing you've stolen? And have you had any problems hiding your loot from Jeff?":
    "The biggest thing? That's either the steps to the tango or the abominable snowman."

"I'm pretty sure that's Carmen Sandiego, Kurtzy."

"Oh sure, go and ruin it, Anzu. Okay. If we're telling the truth, I managed to steal an abandoned junker bus before. That was really cool. Jeff made me put it back though. And, uh, I have my hiding places most of the time. Jeff doesn't know about them. The bus was a bit of an exception, 'cause it's hard to hide something that big. Just, uh, don't tell Jeff I have hiding places. He'll get Raini or someone to figure it out, and then my jig's up."
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Jasmine : Congrats. My question is this, how do you feel about being in the spotlight?
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "My question is this, how do you feel about being in the spotlight?":
    "Hey Mom! Long time no see! You look like you're doing well. Um, sorry I don't call as much as I should, it's just, I'm busy, you know, with all the things I do. All that stuff. Um."

"Yeah, you know what, Bugsy Malame, I think you can stop trying to hide your nasty habit from your mom. I'm pretty damn sure she knows."

"Thanks for that, Grove. Anyway. The question. It's pretty cool to get all this attention on me, I gotta say. I mean, I am the master shadow thieI MEAN the master awesome Dratini, so it only makes sense. I'm not used to it, though, I do all my best work out of plain sight. Um. And by that I mean--"

"By that he means he steals things, geez, get over yourself. And stop glaring at me like that. You're not intimidating."

Bandit's got a question for you.

"Yeah. Um...any tips on dealing with cranky cat Pokemon?"

*gets smacked by Katana*
    Random Quote:

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "Yeah. Um...any tips on dealing with cranky cat Pokemon?":
    "Oh man, don't even talk to me about cranky cat Pokemon. Raini was bearable before she evolved, but now she's a Persian and the strongest freaking thing on the team! And on top of that, she won that tournament, I guess? Because her ego just wasn't big enough. When she was a Meowth, I could at least give her a run for her money, and I'm actually almost as strong as she is now - you hear that, Groviglio, I'm stronger than you, deal with it - but...

...oh. Oh no. She's watching me right now. I can tell. I can't see her, so she's probably doing her sneaky Faint Attack trick, but she's around here somewhere. So, um, to answer your question, Bandit, uh, why would I know anything about cranky cats? I just know a really awesome cat! Yeah... heh..."

Veteran Trainer

Zent: "What's your favorite food to steal from others?"

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Administrator

Lagi: "Hi, Kurtzwick. You know I really care for you and I don't want to ruin your mood, but I can't help but notice some misguided pride in you. Have you ever thought about the effects your actions can have on others?"

Hero: "What I would like to know is why everyone goes soft with you. I mean, Lagi's Lagi, but even the police is letting Jeff watch you and he's not doing a good job at it, is he? So how do you do it?"

Amber: "I suppose they must be have him on the suspects list for any reported theft, but they have their hands full with all the other things that have been going on. Whatever happened to those e-mails about the Dubious Discs, for instance? And what about the Snag Machines, and the members of Team Rocket who are still on the loose? And now... Kurtzwick, do you have any idea where you were taken, by whom or even what for? And do you have any clue about where your father is?"

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay! Switching to dialogue tags for easier reading!

In response to "What's your favorite food to steal from others?"
    <Kurtzwick> Aw man, I dunno. Like, I feel bad about stealing food straight from other people, you know? It's weird that that's where I get hung up, but... I guess that's what it is. Sorry, I guess that's kinda a lame answer.

In response to "Have you ever thought about the effects your actions can have on others?"
    <Kurtzwick> I... do... do I have to answer this?

<Kiva> I thought you were enjoying the spotlight.

<Kurtzwick> Yeah, but that was before I started getting guilt-tripped. Look, I'm just... can I call it here?

<Anzu> Hey, sorry, but you're in it for the long haul, Kurtzy.

<Kurtzwick> Aww... okay, okay... yeah, I know, my actions have consequences. I get that. But it's... do I really have to get all psychological here?

<Kiva> Would you want to misrepresent yourself to Lagi, of all Pokemon?

<Kurtzwick> ...it's... easier to not think about it, okay? I... yeah. I just can't help it. Can we move on?

In response to "What I would like to know is why everyone goes soft with you. I mean, Lagi's Lagi, but even the police is letting Jeff watch you and he's not doing a good job at it, is he? So how do you do it?":
    <Kurtzwick> Well... most of it's small stuff, so maybe they're just turning a blind eye to it?

<Groviglio> SMALL stuff? You stole a BUS!

<Kurtzwick> That doesn't count.

<Groviglio> And a bunch of expensive electronic crap!

<Kurtzwick> Eh... it was going obsolete anyway?

<Groviglio> You tried to steal a building!

<Kurtzwick> It obviously didn't work!

<Groviglio> Long story short there, Butch Cassitini here I think just gets absurdly lucky. His number's gotta be coming up soon though. Doesn't help that Jeff's a putz who half the time pretends it's not going on anyway.

<Maza> Hey now, be fair. Remember when Jeff tried to do something about it?

<Kurtzwick> Oh yeah! That was a fun month. Man, I got past every barrier he put up.

<Maza> Maybe that's what Lagi's talking about, though. I mean, how do you think it reflects on Jeff that he can't keep a leash on you? Especially now that he got promoted?

<Kurtzwick> ...Next question!

In response to "Kurtzwick, do you have any idea where you were taken, by whom or even what for? And do you have any clue about where your father is?":
    <Kurtzwick> I got nothin' about what all that was about. They got Popple too, but I didn't see Rookie around, so maybe they got something against active thieves or something? I mean, all the Pokemon there were super weird, but I couldn't tell you why. I just wanted out of that place. And I dunno where Dad is either. Haven't seen him in ages.

Administrator

Lagi: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. What would you rather talk about?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. What would you rather talk about?":

<Kurtzwick> Nah, nah, it's not your fault, don't worry about it.

<Groviglio> He'd just rather not talk about his severe crippling psychological problems.

<Kurtzwick> Oh, like you're one to talk! I'm pretty sure you're compensating for something! Nobody acts like that without a reason.

<Groviglio> Yeah, only I'm not the one on the pedestal right now, so.

<Kurtzwick> Yeah, just you wait. It'll happen eventually.

<Cam> This is all well and good, but you know you didn't answer Lagi's question, right?

<Kurtzwick> Oh! Oh yeah. Um. Geez, I dunno. You're doing okay?

Administrator

Lagi: I'm OK, all things considered. I wish I had news from Edie... or from any of my children for that matter, but I suppose it's not going to happen. I'll have to learn to live with not knowing where they are and what's going on in their lives. *Sighs.* I'm sorry, I've ruined your spotlight, haven't I? I should be counting my blessings instead. I still have you and Jasmine, and I have some amazing friends on whom I can always rely. So... to return the attention to you and attempt to make up for ruining the mood... what are the things you're happy for?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "what are the things you're happy for?":

<Kurtzwick> Aw, well... I, uh... it may not look like it, but I am happy for my team. We don't all exactly get along...

<Groviglio> You can say that again.

<Kurtzwick> ...but it wouldn't be the same with anyone missing. None of us are used yet to half the team being in Chrace. Everything seems... quieter. Emptier. I hope we get to see everyone again soon.

Administrator

Gabi: Have you had any contact with them since they left?

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

In response to "Have you had any contact with them since they left?":

<Kurtzwick> Yeah, we've talked to everyone a few times. Sydney told us about all the weird crap that's been happening - how this ex-governor or whatever took her under her wing, how that crazy teacher started training her, and how the public turned against her, I guess? Doesn't sound like a real friendly neighborhood. But we haven't heard from any of them for a while. Dunno what's up.

Administrator

Thank you, Kurtzwick.

And that's it for the first Spotlight. Let's welcome a new Pokemon!

Name: Bandit
    Species: Kecleon
    Family: No biological relatives known

The first male Pokemon adopted into the team, formerly part of a Pokemon gang. Bandit is the most vocal of the team, usually being the first to comment on how crazy or stupid something or someone is. During trouble he's either panicky or cynical. Although not a fighter by nature, he'll enjoy a battle if it's exciting enough and is very skilled with his wide move pool. He gets along well with most of the team although Trinity's snootiness gets on his nerves and Katana... well, their relationship is complicated. Despite the fights they get into, the two really like each other and act as Bo and Ken's "aunt" and "uncle".

Veteran Trainer

Maybelline:

o.O What was your best palate swap!

Entertaining quotes!

Bandit: Oh, one time I tried to turn plaid. "Tried" being the keyword here.

Shonta: But he got stuck with some muddy red/green mess.

Yyyyeah, and got stuck that way for an hour. So I don't do patterns that require more than two colors anymore. Since that was a failure, I'd say the Zebistrika stripes.

Complete with Zebistrika sounds.
    Random Quote:

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

From Maza:
    So what's the best part of not being in a gang anymore?

Veteran Trainer

Zent: What's the longest you've ever stretched your tongue out?
    May: o.O Don't ask that, that's rude!
    Zent: >o Hey! I wanna know! It looks sticky too! I wanna play with it!

Entertaining quotes!

So what's the best part of not being in a gang anymore?
    I'd say it's not getting my butt in life-or-death situations anymore.

Lemme quickly rephrase that. It's not getting my butt in life or death situations involuntarily anymore.

Hey, it's not like you'd kill me if I didn't throw myself in front of a Zap Cannon! Diablo was not a nice boss! But seriously, having a leader and team that actually cares about me is a lot better.

What's the longest you've ever stretched your tongue out?
    Let's see...that would be about three or four times my body length, although I get the feeling it can go a little longer. But then it'd hurt.
    Last edited by classy_cat18; 7th October 2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Random Quote:

Administrator

I have a question. How did you feel about being in the Dragon Games?

Well, at first I wasn't too thrilled. I'm not one to just jump into battles like some of my teammates. I was nervous at the start.

Katana: Probably because your trainer stayed on the verge of fainting.

^^;;

But after I got past those worries it was kinda fun. It wasn't life-or-death like that Yssera business, and I liked being the center of attention for a while. But after all that, I'm gonna step back and let the others have their fun.

Have fun with life-or-death?

Don't try to twist my words.
    Random Quote:

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

<Kurtzwick> So. In a scary-cat-off, does Raini or Katana win? I'm going to assume Raini isn't in earshot when I'm asking this.

<Anzu> What's your favorite type to turn into? And does it feel different, being a different type?

<Kurtzwick> Oh yeah! Another one! You and I should totally team up to be partners in crime! The Kurtzwick Experience, we'd call it, Featuring Bandit!

<Groviglio> Y'know, Puff the Tragic Dragon, somehow I don't think he wants to start the whole gang thing again.

<Kurtzwick> ...well, still!

<Maza> What would you say is your favorite move?

In a scary-cat-off, does Raini or Katana win?
    Oh man, that's a toughie. I haven't been around Raini personally, but I do know she's got those psychic powers. Katana though...her claws can do a number on you ow and she's got a real sadistic streak ow not to mention that she was more or less the boss's right-hand cat OW! Will you stop scratching me!?

Depends on if you keep answering that question.

It's a tie. Definitely a tie. Although as she gets stronger, that may change OW! My hide's gotten tougher lately. *rubs scratch marks*

What's your favorite type to turn into? And does it feel different, being a different type?
    Hmm, gotta say Steel. My scales even feel different. With most types I don't feel any different. But when I'm a Fire-type I feel cooler, and I feel like I overheat easily when I'm an Ice-type.

Oh yeah! Another one! You and I should totally team up to be partners in crime! The Kurtzwick Experience, we'd call it, Featuring Bandit!
    Why am I "featuring"? Am I a side act or something? Just kidding, just kidding. But going back to being a thief...

Do it and they'll never find your body. Not all of it, at least.

You know, maybe you are scarier. I'm sure Raini doesn't spit out death threats every day.

What would you say is your favorite move?
    Magic Coat. Bounces back those annoying status-afflicting moves.
    Random Quote:

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

<Kurtzwick> Yeah, see, Raini may not spit out death threats every day, but that's because she just prefers to act on themGAH OUCH

<Raini> ...

<Kurtzwick> I get it, I get it! Okay, sheesh... Is there some way we could just lock Raini and Katana in a room together and... man, not even see who comes out. Just leave them in there. Like, forever. Problem solvedOW OKAY JEEZ

<Groviglio> So is the rest of your team about as dysfunctional as your cat and our cat are? Or are we just the lucky ones?

Man, I wish OW but the kids would miss her. Sad Umbreon and Squirtle eyes make me sad.

So is the rest of your team about as dysfunctional as your cat and our cat are? Or are we just the lucky ones?
    Trust me, Katana and Trinity are the only dysfunctional OW MY FREAKING TAIL! *turns bright red*

Trinity: Don't lump me in with her! *snorts out smoke*

For crying out loud! Circe's a lazy otaku with a surfer dude accent (like Shonta with a surfer dude accent), the fighting types are cheerleaders, and Destai's a feral dog who's misunderstood by most of us but they're still okay! The fox and the cat, on the other hand, are DEMONIC! OWWWWW!
    Random Quote:

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

<Groviglio> Do your fox and your cat hit anyone but you? 'Cause if not, I think I just found someone who could beat Ponztini there in a 'designated punching bag' competition.

<Kurtzwick> I'd argue against that if my past didn't work against me. I guess we only got the one demon, though, so that's good.

<Maza> Well, since we're talking about how well you all work together... who do you work best with on your team? In battle or out.

Do your fox and your cat hit anyone but you?
    They tend to go after each other from time to time, and Trinity doesn't get along with Ali.

Condescending witch.

I see you've finally discovered the dictionary, or was that big word from one of our trainer's rants?

Who do you work best with on your team?
    You won't believe this but I do best with her. *points to Katana* It's that kind of relationship.

It's complicated.

Because you make it complicated.
    Random Quote:

Administrator

OK, OK, Katana, Raini and Trinity, you can stop hurting your teammates now. Please? We have a new spotlight!

Pokemon: Maybelline
    Family: None

A diva in mind and body, this plus-sized Pokemon is more than just lips and tongue. She's a girl with dreams of being a true Pokemodel - as well as the allure of losing some pounds via great adventures.

She'd modest in public, vanity hidden for closed doors and private moments with close friends that know she doesn't let her looks get to her shiny head.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Sinopa: What is your biggest fear?
    Ebony: What is the best thing about being on your team? The worst?
    Sugar: Do you like practical jokes?
    Me: Sugar....
    Sugar: *blinks and gives her best 'who me' look?
    Last edited by Wolfsong; 15th October 2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Me: What would you like to model? Formal eveningwear? Swimwear? Accessories?
    Random Quote:

Administrator

Sylvan: How do you manage to be so... umm... attractive? To everyone in general, I mean.

Veteran Trainer

Sinopa: My biggest fear? Hrm, I guess that would to be left behind to work under deplorable conditions. Ever had to clean a floor with your tongue? It's...degrading!

And the best thing about my team is that I'm the only attractive one. No competition. Zent's my girl, but she doesn't try to outshine this! The worst? Well that wold have to be Mossy's ever demanding tea parties.

Practical jokes? Well...I guess they're ok. As long as they don't muss with my hair or face. :: Strokes head lovingly::

*_* Oh Modelling would be a dream. I think I could pull off a red sequined dress, like that Jessica Rabbit heffer. Only with more class. Sensual selections...that's what I'd like to show off. *Tongueflick*

Sylvan: I guess its my magnetic personality. Men love me. I can't help it-but I now know how to stop their advances. If only I could control who could be attracted to me...I wouldn't get Rapp into so much trouble.

Entertaining quotes!

Administrator

Gabi: Now I'm curious. What does Mossy demand at his tea parties?