Thread: The OMG Contest!!

Hybrid View

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The OMG Contest!!

'ello everyone.

Dl here, eager to host this Haunted Contest. I'll leave the heavy handed words to other wordsmiths today, and simply bark out the rules.

All contestants will perform in the middle of this flattened field. It's in the shape of a circle, and the audience-which is you all-will surround them completely. Be ready, you never know where they may come out from.

Without further ado, let's get this contest started! *Gunshot to the sky*

Round 1: Things that go bump in the night.

1) The crowd leans forward collectively, as the first contender rises up from out of the ground. Shaded growth does nothing to shade or hide the bright yellow lines across its massive build. The phantom raises both arms, and with its enormous stomouth-exhales a chilling breeze that causes the smallest of children to huddle a bit closer to mom.

The breeze whips through the field, and just when they think the worst has past, the crowd is privy to the flame. A small flame, barely floating of of the ground. It starts its journey, snaking along toward the left...then to the right, almost aimlessly.

People watch the flame wander, until a sharp rapping noise hits the bleachers where they sit. The flame floats by, and again that sharp rapp can be heard. People look into the darkness under the bleachers, and all they can make out is the halo of the flame, as it passes under them all.

the spook reappears, to a mediocre applause, and floats back to the sidelines.

2) The field is silent once more, and the audience still seems well adjusted. That is, until the fog begins to roll in. It builds slow, first a light fog hovering over the flattened wheat. It builds to the point where the lower bleacher viewers are waist deep in this fog.

Eyes peer out from the center of the Haze, planning their next move carefully. As people on the higher bleachers search for the culprit, they realize the fog is starting to blot their vision. The center of the circle clears, and the few folks that can see through it see nothing at all. The crowd is cloaked in Haze.

In no time at all, the left side of the bleachers scream. People start to talk in wonder, until another set of screams catches another part of the crown off guard. In no time at all, as the haze begin to fade off, every main section of the crowd is frightened by a massive face-complete with dagger like teeth and a bloodshot set of eyes. The Haze fades, leaving only a Gengar floating above the audience, who clap and cheer for the good scare.

3) As Gengar merely flies outside the rings parameters, her replacement begins its appeal with an equally creepy start. The now pretty perturbed crowd watches the ground move. Some people suspect some sort of camouflaging Pokemon, but with the way Grand Star lies flat on its gemstone, no one can tell for sure.

The colorshifting Starmie suddenly shoots skyward, collecting a gasp from the audience. It floats there, and that gemstone starts to glow brilliantly, before soft lights begin to ebb from it, in all directions. Everyone stares at the sky, enthralled by the light show that is getting higher...and higher..and higher, before a massive blast of light permeates everyone's vision. People shout and block their eyes from the glare, only to see....nothing.

No sign of a Pokemon...if it even WAS a Pokemon. They all look to the center of the arena, and clap for what all probably believe was a close encounter!

4) With Grand Star removed from play, there's only one left. The crowd settles back into their seats, and look for a new fright. They get it in the name of Haave. Unlike the other three appeals, this one brings a vocal component to the easily startled crowd. The phantom appears in front of them all, followed closely by the ear-splitting shriek of lightning. People jump in their seats, only to have their ears haunt them next.

A melody fit for the dying plays in their minds, and possibly their hearts, as they look around fearfully. The all look for the phantom to stop singing, but they all see her just floating there-not singing. But the song, its still Echoing! Its still building! People start to stand in fright, and hold their head in quiet agony.

The melody finally passes, leaving the crowd to clap, but also to keep their wits about them. This Contest was truly testing their solidarity with the imperceptible!!

Round 1 Stats

Ayeun and Dusknoir, the spook: 7.9 - 10

You took the theme literally, and it was fine. The main premise was the Sucker Punch, which would have garnished more effect if the Will-o-wisp was to see in its formation. Since people could see the flame, they could safely assume that its moving flame could have been making those sounds. It still was a great appeal-it got the crowd nervous and cautious.

Ultimate Charizard and Gengar: 8.5 - 10

Hiding in plain sight was nice. Its always good to see a very good display with just so little. The peek-a-boo tactic worked to your favor, delivering a small but strong fright to the crowd one section at a time.

Blademaster and GrandStar: 8.5 - 10

The hiding in plain sight tactic hurt you, only because its general gist was done already. But the direction you took your appeal completely redeemed it. UFO's are an original source of fear and wonder, and the way Grandstar made its "exit" left just that-a wonder if the crowd was visited by something otherworldly.

Mikachu Yukitatsu and Haave: 7.8 - 10

Game changer! The last three appeals dealt with stealth and the unknown...things that are silent. But you went and pushed for sound, for the fear that comes with hearing nature. Now, I was not sure if the song was the thing that went bump, or the effect it has on your heart, or was it just the lightning strike and the thunderclap that followed. That made it hard for me to judge-hence the lower score.

Round 2 is another regular appeal. You all see the scoreboard. This next round is due by the 15th. No eliminations, so this is still anyone's Contest. Oh! Motivation for round Two: Fuel for your nightmares.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Default Re: The OMG Contest!!

Hmmm....Nightmare fuel eh?

Lets take that a little literally shall we.

Gengar begin with a Hypnosis, widespread to put the audience to sleep, then follow with Nightmare to get them tossing and turning, building it to Crescendo with a Thunder strike to wake them screaming!

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2